Greenville 66 Waynesville 44Van Buren High SchoolFri 11/26 ~ 1 p.m.
Doniphan 57 Woodland 41Van Buren High SchoolFri 11/26 ~ Current River Challenge
Boys BasketballEminenceTwin RiversVan Buren High SchoolFri 11/26 ~ 4 p.m.
Boys BasketballGideonVan BurenVan Buren High SchoolFri 11/26 ~ 7 p.m.
New Madrid County Central 57 Portageville 40New Madrid County Central High SchoolFri 11/26 ~ 12:30 p.m.
Cairo (Ill.) 59 Campbell 42New Madrid County Central High SchoolFri 11/26 ~ 2:00 p.m.
Boys BasketballCovington (Tenn.)CharlestonNew Madrid County Central High SchoolFri 11/26 ~ 5 p.m.
Boys BasketballMemphis DayNew Madrid County CentralNew Madrid County Central High SchoolFri 11/26 ~ 6:30 p.m.
Girls BasketballBakersfieldNaylorCouch HSFri 11/26
Girls BasketballAltonNeelyvilleFri 11/26 ~ 5 p.m.
Southeast Missouri State 79 Incarnate Word 76Fri 11/26 ~ Final
Womens BasketballSoutheast Missouri StateMississippi Valley StateFri 11/26 ~ 3 p.m.
Mens BasketballSouthwest Tennessee CCThree Rivers CollegeFri 11/26 ~ 7 p.m.
Boys BasketballWaynesvilleGreenvilleVan Buren High SchoolSat 11/27 ~ 12:30 p.m.
Boys BasketballWillow SpringsDoniphanVan Buren High SchoolSat 11/27 ~ 2:00 p.m.
Boys BasketballEast CarterAltonVan Buren High SchoolSat 11/27 ~ 3:30 p.m.
BasketballUnited PrepSEMO PrepVan Buren High SchoolSat 11/27 ~ 5 p.m.
Boys BasketballSt. Pius X-FestusVan BurenVan Buren High SchoolSat 11/27 ~ 7 p.m.
Girls BasketballPark Hills CentralNew Madrid County CentralNew Madrid County Central High SchoolSat 11/27 ~ 12:30 p.m.
Boys BasketballMemphis Day AcademyCharlestonNew Madrid County Central HSSat 11/27 ~ 3:30 p.m.
Boys BasketballAltonEast CarterVan Buren HSSat 11/27 ~ 3:30 p.m.
Boys BasketballCouchNaylorSat 11/27 ~ 7:30 p.m.
Boys BasketballNeelyvilleWest CountyVan Buren HSSat 11/27 ~ 2 p.m.
Boys BasketballVan BurenSt. Pius X-FestusVan Buren HSSat 11/27 ~ 7 p.m.
Girls BasketballCouchNaylorSat 11/27
WrestlingMarion QuadCape CentralMarion, IL.Sat 11/27 ~ 10 a.m.
FootballJacksonWebb CityWebb City HSSat 11/27 ~ 1 p.m.
FootballHaytiMarcelineMarceline HSSat 11/27 ~ 1 p.m.
Boys BasketballPortagevilleWest MemphisNew Madrid County Central HSSat 11/27 ~ 11 a.m.
Mens BasketballNortheastern Oklahoma A&M CollegeThree Rivers CollegeSat 11/27 ~ 7 p.m.
Chris Harris' buzzer-beating 3 lifts SEMO to road win over Incarnate WordSAN ANTONIO — Southeast Missouri State junior guard Chris Harris knows how to end a game dramatically. Tied with Incarnate Word at 76, Harris hit his only 3-point basket of the game at the final...
Mets owner Cohen criticizes Matz's agent for Cards dealNEW YORK -- Mets owner Steve Cohen criticized pitcher Steven Matz for reaching an agreement with the St. Louis Cardinals rather than New York. "I'm not happy this morning. I've never seen such...
Erne snaps tie, Red Wings beat Blues 4-2DETROIT -- Adam Erne scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period, Alex Nedeljkovic made 35 saves and the Detroit Red Wings defeated the St. Louis Blues 4-2 on Wednesday night. Dylan Larkin,...
Three Rivers men fall short late in loss to OteroThe Raiders held a high-scoring team to its lowest point total of the season — and 37 points under its average — but the Three Rivers men needed one more stop Thursday night at the Libla Family...
- Rivalries, championship hopes, CFP implications
- It's rivalry week around the SEC, and they do just mean more
- Bulldogs open season Monday in the Fountain City Classic
- Several local athletes named to Missouri Soccer Coaches Association's 2021 All-State, All-Region soccer teams
- Sikeston wins Notre Dame JV Tournament
- Hoops '21: Stoneking, McClellan lead new-look Jackson girls 1
- 'Awesome' Below scores 34; Advance finishes off St. Vincent 68-54
- Hoops 21: Kennett girls to go on the offensive
- Hoops 21: Delta C-7 boys look to develop under new coach
- Girls Basketball Roundup, Nov. 23: Oran routs Scott County Central
- Sikeston returns experience and success to the mats this season
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Misner's team wins Fall League title
- Three Rivers women run record to 10-0 with win at Dyersburg St.
- Three Rivers men gear up for region play with Thanksgiving tradition
- Poplar Bluff golfers tie for 11th in national event at historic Pinehurst
- Boys Basketball Roundup, Nov. 23: Chaffee wins season-opener against Marquand- Zion
- Jackson’s Bryce Norman among 12 Redhawks named to All-OVC teams
- SEMO rallies to beat upset-minded Missouri Baptist 2
- Girls Basketball Roundup, Nov. 22: Daigger’s 33 points lifts Scott City past Advance
- Jackson, Arkansas State too much for SEMO
- Indians bounce back from an early deficit to advance to third straight Class 5 state semifinal (11/20/21)12
- Hayti 'starts playing football' in 2H and rallies for dramatic W (11/21/21)2
- Perryville mounts historic comeback to advance to state championship (11/20/21)
- Jackson faces tough challenge against undefeated Rockwood Summit in Class 5 quarterfinal (11/17/21)8
- MSHSAA releases district assignments for winter sports (11/19/21)2
Advance's Below, Dexter's McBride win SCAA volleyball awardsAdvance senior Alandry Below was named the SCAA volleyball player of the year, marking the fourth-straight year an Advance player won the honor. Nyah Wilson won the award last season and Roz Schrader won it in 2018 and 2019. Dexter’s Magi McBride was voted the conference’s defensive player of the year, marking the fourth-straight year a Dexter player won the award. Mekenzie Yount won the award the previous two seasons, and Natalie Sitze won it in the 2018...
SD BOYS BBALL PREVIEW: Oran wants a return to state playoffs (11/23/21)ORAN, Mo. — The Oran Eagles have made a habit of making deep postseason runs. But after an early exit in last year’s district tournament, the Eagles are looking to return to the state playoffs. The road won’t be easy for the Eagles, who lose four starters from last year’s 15-8 squad that fell to Valle Catholic 43-40 in the Class 2, District 3 semifinals. Gone is Ty Johnson, Langdon Scheeter, Cooper Priggel and Dane Shands...
SD BOYS BBALL PREVIEW: Scott County Central looking to avenge loss in district championship game (11/23/21)SIKESTON — For Scott County Central, winning district championships has become second-nature, so last year’s loss in the Class 1, District 1 Tournament championship game left a sting this year’s team hopes to avenge. The Braves lost Braylyn Porter, who averaged 15.3 points per game, 3.7 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 2.9 steals, along with Keron Banks, Demarion Maney and Tyler Fitchpatrick to graduation...
SD BOYS BBALL PREVIEW: New coach set to lead experienced Kelly squad (11/23/21)BENTON — In his first year as head coach of the Kelly Hawks, Jeremy Brinkmeyer takes over an experienced team that saw plenty of success last season. Coming off a 16-9 season that saw the Hawks win the Scott-Miss Conference Tournament, Kelly lost plenty of good players in Bryce Morgan, Drew Dirnberger, Jay Noon, Rylan Lemonds, and Bryce Ross...
Bricklayers: SEMO upsets No. 8 Tennessee-Martin in season finaleIt's appropriate that Southeast Missouri State earned a commemorative brick following its 31-14 upset of eighth-ranked Tennessee-Martin. The Skyhawks – crowned Ohio Valley Conference champions a week ago — appeared to hit a brick wall on Saturday at Houck Field...
Ticket punched: SEMO volleyball advances to the NCAA TournamentBefore Southeast Missouri State jubilantly piled onto the Houck Field House floor following its Ohio Valley Conference Tournament championship, there was a moment of confusion. The Redhawks — leading Morehead State 14-13 in a taut, do-or-die fifth set Saturday for a trip to the NCAA Tournament — saw hard-swinging Laney Malloy send a volleyball off the hands of a defender before ricocheting into the net's antenna...
Three Rivers women beat Mineral Area, improve to 2-0 in region playPARK HILLS, Mo. — The Three Rivers women's basketball team continued their perfect start to the season with a 91-82 win over Mineral Area in the Region XVI Showdown on Saturday. The fourth-ranked Raiders improve 9-0 overall and 2-0 against region opponents...
Three Rivers men fall to second-ranked LoganCARTERVILLE, Ill. — Three Rivers came up short on the road to John A. Logan on Friday with a 69-54 setback. Keith Kiner recorded a double-double with a team-leading 18 points and 10 rebounds while Kinyon Hodges had 12 points and Paul Greene recorded 10 points. Greene was just shy of a double-double with nine rebounds to his credit...
Poplar Bluff golfers tie for 11th in national event at historic Pinehurst (11/24/21)Standing on the 18th fairway about to hit to green where Payne Stewart famously sank a 15-foot par putt to win the 1999 US Open, a pair of Poplar Bluff golfers were trying to create their own memorable moment last week. Ben Brumitt and Brett McCauley had led after the first round of the Barstool Classic and were among the leaders during the third and final round on the famous Pinehurst No. 2 course...
Sikeston 8th graders drop heartbreaker to Kennett (11/23/21)KENNETT, Mo. — The Sikeston eighth grade boys basketball team lost a heartbreaker to Kennett 46-43 on Monday. Sikeston led 19-15 at the half but a big third quarter put Kennett ahead to stay, despite 22 points from Sikeston’s Ben James. Kobe Thomas added 13 for the Bulldogs...
Sikeston Junior High teams take two from Charleston (11/18/21)CHARLESTON, Mo. — The Sikeston junior high basketball teams swept the Charleston Bluejays on Wednesday night. 8th GRADE Sikeston 52, Charleston 41 The Sikeston eighth graders responded from their first loss of the season by handing the Charleston eighth grade team their first loss of the season Wednesday night...
Sikeston eighth graders fall to Cape Central (11/17/21)CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. — The Sikeston eighth grade basketball team dropped their first game of the season Tuesday, 64-32 to Cape Central. Sikeston fell behind 15-8 after one quarter and 33-18 at halftime and could never get back into the game. Kobe Thomas scored 10 to lead the Bulldogs...
Mets owner Cohen criticizes Matz's agent for deal with Cards (11/24 4:24 pm)NEW YORK (AP) -- Mets owner Steve Cohen criticized pitcher Steven Matz for reaching an agreement with the St. Louis Cardinals rather than New York. "I'm not happy this morning. I've never seen such unprofessional behavior exhibited by a player's...
Reliever Wade Davis retires after 13 major league seasons (11/24 4:16 pm)KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Free agent pitcher Wade Davis, a three-time All-Star, is retiring after 13 major league seasons at age 36. His retirement was announced by his agency, Jet Sports, the Kansas City Royals said Wednesday. Davis played for the...
MLB Calendar (11/23 10:26 pm)Nov. 28-Dec. 1 -- Major League Baseball Players Association executive board meeting, Irving, Texas. Nov. 30 -- Last day for teams to offer 2022 contracts to unsigned players on their 40-man rosters, 8 p.m. EST. Dec. 1 -- Collective bargaining...
MLB, union move tender deadline amid lockout uncertainty (11/23 9:34 pm)NEW YORK (AP) -- Major League Baseball and the players' union have agreed to move the upcoming deadline for teams to offer contracts to certain players in order to keep them out of potential limbo in the event of a work stoppage next month. The...
Former MLB outfielder, manager Bill Virdon dies at 90 (11/23 4:21 pm)PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Bill Virdon, the steady centerfielder who won the 1955 National League Rookie of the Year for St. Louis and guided the Houston Astros to three straight postseason appearances as a manager, has died. He was 90. Virdon died at the...
Alex DeBrincat scores in OT, Blackhawks beat Blues 3-2 (11/26 5:23 pm)CHICAGO (AP) -- Alex DeBrincat scored 1:27 into overtime and the Chicago Blackhawks overcame an early two-goal deficit to beat the St. Louis Blues 3-2 on Friday. DeBrincat beat Jordan Binnington for his 12th goal with a one-timer from the left side...
Erne snaps tie, Red Wings beat Blues 4-2 to stop 4-game skid (11/24 10:46 pm)DETROIT (AP) -- Adam Erne scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period, Alex Nedeljkovic made 35 saves and the Detroit Red Wings defeated the St. Louis Blues 4-2 on Wednesday night. Dylan Larkin, Robby Fabbri and streaking rookie Lucas Raymond...
Faulk, Blues jump on Golden Knights in 1st period, win 5-2 (11/22 10:59 pm)ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Justin Faulk scored his 100th career goal to cap a quick three-goal outburst by St. Louis in the first period, and the Blues beat the Vegas Golden Knights 5-2 on Monday night. "It's a number everyone seems to like, right? ... Every...
Chiefs' resurgent defense has them back on top of AFC West (11/22 11:43 am)KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Patrick Mahomes has been trying to convince everyone that the Kansas City Chiefs' defense has been playing better. Hard to dispute it now. What was one of the worst defenses in the NFL -- and maybe Chiefs history -- the...
Chiefs lean on D to stuff Prescott, Cowboys in 19-9 win (11/21 7:46 pm)KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The Kansas City Chiefs had played so horrendously on defense earlier this season that the Dallas Cowboys and their top-ranked offense probably felt confident that they could keep things rolling Sunday night. Chris Jones and...
Friday, Nov. 26
Top 25 Football
- No. 4 Cincinnati at East Carolina, 3:30 p.m.
- No. 16 Iowa at Nebraska, 12:30 p.m.
- No. 19 Utah vs. Colorado, 3 p.m.
- No. 20 NC State vs. North Carolina, 6 p.m.
- No. 21 San Diego St. vs. Boise St., noon
- No. 25 Arkansas vs. Missouri, 2:30 p.m.
Top 25 Men's College Basketball
- No. 1 Gonzaga vs. No. 5 Duke, at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 9:30 p.m.
- No. 3 Purdue vs. Omaha, 1 p.m.
- No. 4 Kansas vs. Dayton, HP Field House, Orlando, Fla., 12:00 p.m.
- No. 6 Baylor vs. Michigan St., at Imperial Arena, Paradise Island, The Bahamas, 10:00 a.m.
- No. 9 Memphis vs. Iowa State, at Barclays Center, Brooklyn, N.Y., 8 p.m.
- No. 10 Alabama vs. Drake, at HP Field House, Orlando, Fla., 3:30 p.m.
- No. 10 Kentucky vs. North Florida, 6 p.m.
- No. 14 Illinois vs. Rio Grande, 7 p.m.
- No. 15 Tennessee vs. Tennessee Tech, 2 p.m.
- No. 19 Auburn vs. Syracuse, at Imperial Arena, Paradise Island, The Bahamas, 3:30 p.m.
- No. 22 UConn vs. VCU, at Imperial Arena, Paradise Island, The Bahamas, 12:30 p.m.
- No. 24 Southern Cal vs. San Diego St. at Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, Calif., 10:30 p.m.
- No. 25 Xavier vs. Virginia Tech, at Barclays Center, Brooklyn, N.Y., 6 p.m.
Top 25 Women's College Basketball
- No. 1 South Carolina vs. Elon, 2 p.m.
- No. 6 Baylor vs. Arizona State, at Hard Rock Hotel, Cancun, Mexico, 10 a.m.
- No. 7 Stanford vs. No. 18 South Florida, Baha Mar Convention Center, Nassau, Bahamas, noon
- No. 9 Arizona vs. DePaul, UVI Sports & Fitnees Center, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, 2:15 p.m.
- No. 11 Tennessee vs. Kansas, South Point Arena, Las Vegas, 5:30 p.m.
- No. 12 Michigan vs. No. 16 Oregon State, at Ocean Center, Daytona Beach, Fla., 5:45 p.m.
- No. 13 Iowa St. vs. Charlotte, Hertz Arena, Estero, Fla., 4 p.m.
- No. 19 UCLA vs. Kent State, Hertz Arena, Estero, Fla., 12:30 p.m.
- No. 23 Texas A&M vs. South Dakota, UVI Sports & Fitnees Center, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, 7 p.m.
- No. 24 Virginia Tech vs. Missouri State, Mario Morales Coliseum, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 9 a.m.
- Detroit at L.A. Clippers, 2:30 p.m.
- Chicago at Orlando, 6 p.m.
- Minnesota at Charlotte, 6 p.m.
- Phoenix at New York, 6 p.m.
- Atlanta at Memphis, 7 p.m.
- Toronto at Indiana, 7 p.m.
- Washington at Oklahoma City, 7 p.m.
- Boston at San Antonio, 7:30 p.m.
- Milwaukee at Denver, 8 p.m.
- New Orleans at Utah, 8 p.m.
- Portland at Golden State, 9 p.m.
- Sacramento at L.A. Lakers, 9:30 p.m.
- N.Y. Rangers at Boston, 12 p.m.
- Carolina at Philadelphia, 2:30 p.m.
- St. Louis at Chicago, 2:30 p.m.
- Winnipeg at Minnesota, 2:30 p.m.
- Ottawa at Anaheim, 3 p.m.
- Florida at Washington, 4 p.m.
- New Jersey at Nashville, 5 p.m.
- Montreal at Buffalo, 6 p.m.
- Seattle at Tampa Bay, 6 p.m.
- Vancouver at Columbus, 6 p.m.
- Colorado at Dallas, 6:30 p.m.
- Pittsburgh at N.Y. Islanders, 6:30 p.m.
- Toronto at San Jose, 9:30 p.m.
Last updated: 11/26 9:04 am