9 Padres pitchers blank Cardinals 4-0 in Game 3, reach NLDS (10/02 11:08 pm)SAN DIEGO (AP) -- From 21-year-old budding superstar Fernando Tatis Jr. to 36-year-old reliever Craig Stammen, the San Diego Padres tossed aside more than two decades of futility and brought joy to a city that's had its sports psyche beaten down for far too long...
Tatis, Myers homer twice, Padres stay alive with 11-9 win (10/01 11:53 pm)SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Fernando Tatis Jr. had been waiting for a breakout game, and boy did "El Nino" get it. The 21-year-old budding superstar, who grew up in the game at the feet of his big league father, hit two home runs and drove in five to boost the San Diego Padres to an electrifying 11-9 victory against the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday night that forced a deciding Game 3 in their NL wild-card series...
Goldschmidt, Cardinals win 7-4 in Padres' return to playoffs (09/30 10:05 pm)SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Given a chance to catch their breath after a crazy month and a half, the St. Louis Cardinals settled into the playoffs with yet another win against the San Diego Padres. Paul Goldschmidt hit a two-run home run during a four-run first inning, St. Louis' bullpen held strong after starter Kwang Hyun Kim stumbled in his playoff debut and the Cardinals ruined the Padres' long-awaited return to the playoffs with a 7-4 victory Wednesday in the opener of their NL wild-card series...
A capsule look at the Cardinals-Padres playoff series (09/29 8:28 pm)A capsule look at the best-of-three playoff series between the St. Louis Cardinals and San Diego Padres beginning Wednesday. All games in San Diego: ------ ST. LOUIS CARDINALS Record: 30-28. Playoff Entry: second place, NL Central. Playoff Seed: No. 5...
Padres bring swagger, talent into series vs. Cardinals (09/29 8:05 pm)SAN DIEGO (AP) -- The Padres are bringing some serious swagger and talent to their first postseason appearance in 14 years, against their old nemesis, the St. Louis Cardinals. There's 21-year-old Fernando Tatis Jr., who stands out because of his flair, easy smile, the blond dreadlocks flowing from under his cap, a uniform dirtied by his hard-charging play and his dance moves in the dugout after hitting home runs...
Cardinals beat Brewers, both clinch postseason berths (09/27 7:03 pm)ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Harrison Bader tripled and homered to help the St. Louis Cardinals clinch a postseason berth on the final day of the regular season with a 5-2 win over Milwaukee, and the Brewers also earned a playoff spot Sunday via help on the West Coast moments later...
Brewers boost playoff chances with 3-0 win over Cardinals (09/26 11:54 pm)ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Brandon Woodruff allowed two hits in eight innings and the Milwaukee Brewers boosted their playoff prospects in a big way by beating the St. Louis Cardinals 3-0 on Saturday night. Ryan Braun and Daniel Vogelbach hit back-to-back home runs in the fourth, the third time the Brewers have hit consecutive homers this season...
Cardinals, Brewers split doubleheader amid playoff chase (09/26 12:43 am)ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Daniel Ponce de Leon pitched one-hit ball over six innings, Tommy Edman hit a two-run homer and the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Milwaukee Brewers 9-1 to split their pivotal doubleheader Friday night. In the opener, Christian Yelich homered and Brent Suter combined with Devin Williams and Josh Hader on a five-hitter for the Brewers in a 3-0 win...
Cards' Ponce de Leon loses no-hit bid with 6 outs left (09/25 9:29 pm)ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Cardinals right-hander Daniel Ponce de Leon lost his no-hit bid when Milwaukee's Orlando Arcia hit a leadoff homer in the sixth inning of a seven-inning doubleheader nightcap Friday. Arcia hit a long drive to dead-center that cut St. Louis' lead to 9-1...
Cards' Ponce de Leon through 5 hitless in 7-inning game (09/25 9:25 pm)ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Cardinals right-hander Daniel Ponce de Leon has pitched five hitless innings in the seven-inning nightcap of a doubleheader against the Milwaukee Brewers. Ponce de Leon has thrown 74 pitches, and his only blemish Friday night is a walk to No. 9 hitter Jacob Nottingham in the third. He's struck out five...
Molina leads Cards over Brewers 4-2 to open key 5-game set (09/25 12:41 am)ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Despite having no fans to witness his career milestone, Yadier Molina's teammates managed to make it special for him anyway. Molina singled twice to reach 2,000 career hits and the St. Louis Cardinals began a five-game series between playoff contenders by beating the Milwaukee Brewers 4-2 Thursday night...
St. Louis Cardinals
Sept. 30: NL wild card series start.
Oct. 5: AL Division Series start, Los Angeles and San Diego.
Oct. 6: NL Division Series start, Arlington, Texas, and Houston.
Oct. 11: AL Championship Series starts, San Diego.
Oct. 12: NL Championship Series starts, Arlington, Texas.
Oct. 15: International amateur signing period closes, 5 p.m. EDT
Oct. 20: World Series starts, Arlington, Texas.
October TBA: Trading resumes, day after World Series.
Nov. 2: BBWAA awards finalists announced.
November TBA: Deadline for teams to make qualifying offers to their eligible former players who became free agents, fifth day after World Series.
Nov. 9: Rookies of the Year announced.
Nov. 10: Managers of the Year announced.
Nov. 11: Cy Young Awards announced.
Nov. 12: Most Valuable Players announced
November TBA: Deadline for free agents to accept qualifying offers, 15th day after World Series.
Dec. 2: Last day for teams to offer 2021 contracts to unsigned players on their 40-man rosters.
Dec. 7-10: Winter meetings, Dallas.
Jan. 15: International amateur signing period opens.
Feb. 1-19: Salary arbitration hearings, Scottsdale, Ariz.
Feb. 17: Voluntary reporting date for pitchers, catchers and injured players.
Feb. 22: Voluntary reporting date for other players.
Feb. 27: Mandatory reporting date.
March 15: Last day to place a player on waivers for 30 days termination pay.
March 27: Last day to offer a retention bonus to an eligible player attending spring training with a minor league contract.
March 30: Last day to place a player on waivers for 45 days termination pay.
April 1: Opening day, active rosters reduced to 26 players.
July 13: All-Star Game, Atlanta.
July 25: Hall of Fame induction, Cooperstown, N.Y.
Dec. 1: Collective bargaining agreement expires, 11:59 p.m. EST.
Dec. 15: International amateur signing period closes.
WILD CARD SERIES
Tampa Bay 2, Toronto 0
- Tuesday, Sept. 29: Tampa Bay 3, Toronto 1
- Wednesday, Sept. 30: Tampa Bay 8, Toronto 2
Oakland 2, Chicago White Sox 1
- Tuesday, Sept. 29: Chicago White Sox 4, Oakland 1
- Wednesday, Sept. 30: Oakland 5, Chicago White Sox 3
- Thursday, Oct. 1: Oakland 6, Chicago White Sox 4
Houston 2, Minnesota 0
- Tuesday, Sept. 29: Houston 4, Minnesota 1
- Wednesday, Sept. 30: Houston 3, Minnesota 1
New York Yankees 2, Cleveland 0
- Tuesday, Sept. 29: New York Yankees 12, Cleveland 3
- Wednesday, Sept. 30: New York Yankees 10, Cleveland 9
Los Angeles Dodgers 2, Milwaukee 0
- Wednesday, Sept. 30: Los Angeles Dodgers 4, Milwaukee 2
- Thursday, Oct. 1: Los Angeles Dodgers 3, Milwaukee 0
Atlanta 2, Cincinnati 0
- Wednesday, Sept. 30: Atlanta 1, Cincinnati 0, 13 innings
- Thursday, Oct. 1: Atlanta 5, Cincinnati 0
Miami 2, Chicago Cubs 0
- Wednesday, Sept. 30: Miami 5, Chicago Cubs 1
- Thursday, Oct. 1: Miami at Chicago Cubs, ppd., rain forecast
- Friday, Oct. 2: Miami 2, Chicago Cubs 0
San Diego 2, St. Louis 1
- Wednesday, Sept. 30: St. Louis 7, San Diego 4
- Thursday, Oct. 1: San Diego 11, St. Louis 9
- Friday, Oct. 2: San Diego 4, St. Louis 0
Tampa Bay 3, New York Yankees 2
At San Diego
- Monday, Oct. 5: New York Yankees 9, Tampa Bay 3
- Tuesday, Oct. 6: Tampa Bay 7, New York Yankees 5
- Wednesday, Oct. 7: Tampa Bay 8, New York Yankees 4
- Thursday, Oct. 8: New York Yankees 5, Tampa Bay 1
- Friday, Oct. 9: Tampa Bay 2, New York Yankees 1
Houston 3, Oakland 1
At Los Angeles
- Monday, Oct. 5: Houston 10, Oakland 5
- Tuesday, Oct. 6: Houston 5, Oakland 2
- Wednesday, Oct. 7: Oakland 9, Houston 7
- Thursday, Oct. 8: Houston 11, Oakland 6
Los Angeles Dodgers 3, San Diego 0
At Arlington, Texas
- Tuesday, Oct. 6: Los Angeles Dodgers 5, San Diego 1
- Wednesday, Oct. 7: Los Angeles Dodgers 6, San Diego 5
- Thursday, Oct. 8: Los Angeles Dodgers 12, San Diego 3
Atlanta 3, Miami 0
- Tuesday, Oct. 6: Atlanta 9, Miami 5
- Wednesday, Oct. 7: Atlanta 2, Miami 0
- Thursday, Oct. 8: Atlanta 7, Miami 0
LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
Tampa Bay 4, Houston 3
At San Diego
- Sunday. Oct. 11: Tampa Bay 2, Houston 1
- Monday, Oct. 12: Tampa Bay 4, Houston 2
- Tuesday, Oct. 13: Tampa Bay 5, Houston 2
- Wednesday, Oct. 14: Houston 4, Tampa Bay 3
- Thursday, Oct. 15: Houston 4, Tampa Bay 3
- Friday, Oct. 16: Houston 7, Tampa Bay 4
- Saturday, Oct. 17: Tampa Bay 4, Houston 2
Los Angeles Dodgers 4, Atlanta 3
At Arlington, Texas
- Monday, Oct. 12: Atlanta 5, Los Angeles Dodgers 1
- Tuesday, Oct. 13: Atlanta 8, Los Angeles Dodgers 7
- Wednesday, Oct. 14: Los Angeles Dodgers 15, Atlanta 3
- Thursday, Oct. 15: Atlanta 10, Los Angeles Dodgers 2
- Friday, Oct. 16: Los Angeles Dodgers 7, Atlanta 3
- Saturday, Oct. 17: Los Angeles Dodgers 3, Atlanta 1
- Sunday, Oct. 18: Los Angeles Dodgers 4, Atlanta 3
Los Angeles Dodgers 3, Tampa Bay 2
At Arlington, Texas
(All Games on Fox)
- Tuesday, Oct. 20: Los Angeles Dodgers 8, Tampa Bay 3
- Wednesday, Oct. 21: Tampa Bay 6, Los Angeles Dodgers 4
- Friday, Oct. 23: Los Angeles Dodgers 6, Tampa Bay 2
- Saturday, Oct. 24: Tampa Bay 8, Los Angeles Dodgers 7
- Sunday, Oct. 25: Los Angeles Dodgers 4, Tampa Bay 2
- Tuesday, Oct. 27: Tampa Bay (Snell 4-2) vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, 7:08 p.m.
- x-Wednesday, Oct. 28: Tampa Bay vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, 7:09 p.m.
Last updated: 10/25 10:44 pm
Last updated: 10/25 3:58 pm