Scoreboard sponsored by rustmedia
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Jackson girls cross country team wins Marshall County Invitational in Kentucky
- Southeast Missouri State volleyball snaps losing streak, picks up first OVC win
- Kerryon Johnson's 5 touchdowns lead Auburn past Missouri, 51-14
- Tindall wins point series event at Dalhousie Golf Club
- Unfazed Malden football team rolls past state-ranked Hayti
- NOTEBOOK: Strong defensive effort by Jackson football goes by wayside in loss to Poplar Bluff
- Strong fourth quarter propels Kennett football team past NMCC 34-22
- Red zone defense, run game lead East Prairie football team to shutout win over Chaffee
- Anderson eclipses second 1,000-yard season, helps Charleston football team rout Kelly
- Five turnovers doom Sikeston football team in 35-28 loss to Farmington
- Portageville football leaves Scott City behind in 40-7 win
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Notre Dame volleyball survives Leopold
- Caruthersville football team uses strong second half to pull away from DexterDEXTER — There were signs early that Dexter wasn’t as focused and there were billboards advertising it late. Down a touchdown at halftime, Dexter physically and mentally wilted in the third quarter while Caruthersville pulled away for a 42-13 win. “One problem fixes all of it, it’s about being tough and aggressive,” Dexter coach Kevin Goltra said. ...
Kennett girls tennis team wins four medals at Sikeston Tournament (9/22/17)SIKESTON, Mo. - The Kennett varsity girls tennis team won four medals at the Sikeston Invitational Thursday. Kennett’s Kayton Harris and Anna Beth Williams placed first in doubles. Kennett’s Sydni McAtee and Darcy Campbell placed second in doubles. Harris-Williams beat McAtee-Campbell 8-6 in the doubles championship...
MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Cape Central softball team falls to Poplar Bluff on the road (9/22/17)Shelby Sievers hit her eighth home run of the season and scored three times, while Emma Johnson hit a go-ahead, two-run single in the first inning to lead the Poplar Bluff softball team past Cape Central 9-2 on Thursday in Poplar Bluff, Missouri. The Mules led 3-1 after one inning following Johnson's liner up the middle with the bases loaded and an RBI hit by Adrienne Stucker, who was 2-for-2. ...
SD ROUNDUP: Dexter tennis team finishes regular season with conference win over Jackson (9/22/17)JACKSON, Mo. — The Dexter tennis team edged out Jackson by one match to come away with a 5-4, season-ending conference win Thursday on the road. Dexter finished the regular season with a 10-3 overall record and placed 6-2 in the SEMO Conference. The Bearcats, seeded third, start Class 1 District 1 Team Tournament action on Monday when they host sixth-seeded Caruthersville...
- Late goal by Kaempfe secures road draw for Southeast Missouri State women's soccerThe Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team got a 90th-minute strike from Lauren Kaempfe and walked away from its first Ohio Valley Conference road game with a 1-1 draw with Morehead State. Kaempfe's header in the final minute of regulation came off a Jasmine Hilliard corner kick and forced overtime...
Southeast Missouri State football turns the page, begins OVC play at Eastern IllinoisThe chance for redemption begins now for the Southeast Missouri State football team. Coming off back-to-back losses that were exacerbated by their own doing, the Redhawks will begin the Ohio Valley Conference portion of their schedule at 6 p.m. Saturday when they travel to face Eastern Illinois in Charleston, Illinois...
Missouri football's struggles weighing on many ahead of Auburn gameCOLUMBIA, Mo. -- Many former Missouri football players took to social media as a brutal 35-3 home loss to Purdue unfolded last Saturday. Denver Broncos defensive end Shane Ray posted a Kanye West meme to voice his displeasure. Minnesota Vikings linebacker Kentrell Brothers tweeted how "this is wild." Seattle Seahawks center Justin Britt just shook his head...
COMMENTARY: Joy at Austin Peay in stark contrast to mood surrounding SEMO footballObserving from afar, it was impossible not to feel at least a hiccup of joy. Everyone enjoys seeing the downtrodden get a little taste of something better, right? And for the past several years, Austin Peay football has been as downtrodden as they come...
COMMUNITY BRIEFS (9/22/17): Hole in one at Kimbeland Country Club (9/22/17)Jackson resident Susan Miller hit a hole in one on Wednesday at Kimbeland Country Club. Using a 5 wood from the No. 6 tee box, Miller aced the hole from 134 yards out. Steve Miller was a witness. It was Miller's first-ever hole in one. The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will host the 30th Annual Set & Spike Volleyball Tournament on Oct. 14 at the Cape Girardeau Sportsplex...
Local golfers earn top finishes at Club Championship (9/19/17)KENNETT, Mo. - The Club Championship took place Saturday and Sunday at Kennett Country Club. A total of 40 golfers competed at the two-day event. Bryce McPherson placed first in the men’s division. Anita Jo Brogden placed first and Billie Clayton placed second in the women’s division...
COMMUNITY GOLF BRIEF: Swartz wins at Dalhousie (9/10/17)Dick Swartz won a point series event at Dalhousie Golf Club on Saturday. The format was match play with handicap vs. par. Swartz won via a scorecard playoff after shooting a 6-up. Terry Bozzay was second. Tom Metheny and Cord Dombrowski tied for third with a 3-up...
COMMUNITY GOLF BRIEFS: Dalhousie hosts Southeast Health Tournament (9/9/17)Dalhousie Golf Club held the Southeast Health Golf Tournament on Saturday with four different 18-hole, four-person scrambles. In the championship flight, the team of Chris Jones, JJ Reese, Tony Vanover and Dustin Reddin won the morning scramble, beating 15 other teams by shooting a 61. The foursome of John Tuttle, Rick Clark, Daren Mahoney and Vicki Dye finished second with a score of 62...
Sign up for our free newsletter
Enter your email address to sign up for the Semoball.com newsletter:
Lance Lynn struggles in Cardinals 11-6 defeat to Pirates (9/24/17)PITTSBURGH -- Lance Lynn allowed eight runs in the first inning and the St. Louis Cardinals slipped up against the Pittsburgh Pirates 11-6 on Saturday night. St. Louis (81-73) entered the day 1 1/2 games behind Colorado, which played San Diego on Saturday, for the second NL wild card. The loss ended the Cardinals' four-game winning streak. St. Louis remained five games behind the Cubs in the NL Central after Chicago lost to Milwaukee, which is a half-game ahead of the Cardinals...
Fowler delivers again as Martinez, Cardinals beat Reds 8-5 (9/22/17)CINCINNATI -- The St. Louis Cardinals rinsed the bad taste of being swept by the Chicago Cubs the best way they could -- sweeping the Cincinnati Reds. Dexter Fowler delivered again, hitting two doubles and a single as St. Louis overcame Scott Schebler's two home runs to beat the Reds 8-5 Thursday night...
Cards power Weaver with 3 homers in 9-2 win over Reds (9/21/17)CINCINNATI -- Mike Matheny enjoyed the St. Louis Cardinals' best all-around game in a while so much, he wouldn't mind seeing a replay. "I'll go rewatch it," Matheny said after the 9-2 win over the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday. "Good starting pitching, clean defense, clean bullpen, timely hitting, got momentum early."...
|St. Louis Cardinals||81||73||.526||5|