Scoreboard sponsored by rustmedia
- Kennett girls tennis team wins four medals at Sikeston Tournament
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Cape Central softball team falls to Poplar Bluff on the road
- SD ROUNDUP: Dexter tennis team finishes regular season with conference win over Jackson
- Kennett eighth grade football team beats Caruthersville 46-12
- Missouri football's struggles weighing on many ahead of Auburn game
- COMMUNITY BRIEFS (9/22/17): Hole in one at Kimbeland Country Club
- Kelly softball team faces rare deficit, battles back for 11-8 win over Sikeston
- Cooter baseball team shuts out Holcomb 10-0 in Tri-County Conference championship
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Ivy sparkles in circle as Kelly softball defeats Perryville
- SD ROUNDUP: Sikeston tennis team falls to Cape Central, Kelly softball shuts out Perryville
- HEARTLANDER ABROAD: Top 8 reasons to visit Lake D’arbonne
- Kennett cross country team settles for seventh at Cape Central Invite
- Chaffee softball scores early, defeats Windsor 6-2 in Pink Up gameCHAFFEE, Mo. -- The Chaffee softball team didn't expect things to be easy against battle-tested Class 3 side Windsor. But the Red Devils jumped on top early, remained aggressive and dropped the visiting Owls 6-2 on Wednesday afternoon in the team's Pink Up breast cancer awareness game at Frisco Park...
MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Notre Dame volleyball nabs tight victory over district rival Perryville (9/20/17)Senior Lexi Welter finished with a double-double with 17 digs and 13 kills and served three aces Notre Dame volleyball picked up a key victory over Class 3 district rival Perryville in a three-set thriller at home, 21-25, 25-19 and 25-23. Shelby Bauwens and Alexa Clark nailed nine kills apiece for the Bulldogs (13-6-3), who needed three sets for victory in an earlier encounter with the Pirates in the semifinals of the Notre Dame Volleyball Fest. ...
Kennett volleyball team outlasts Doniphan in three sets (9/20/17)KENNETT, Mo. - It came down to the final few points but the Kennett Indians found a way to escape with a key district victory Tuesday night. Kennett overcame a lackluster first set as it rallied to beat Doniphan 17-25, 25-14, 25-21. “The end result is great with a ‘W,’” Kennett volleyball coach Veronica Gardner said. “But we would like to have better control of the game from point one to 25.”...
Hayti remains sixth in latest Missouri Media Football Rankings (9/20/17)The Hayti Indians remained the sixth-ranked team in Class 1 in the latest Missouri Media Football Rankings. The Indians, 5-0, have been ranked in the top 10 since Week 2 of the season and will take on Class 2 Malden Friday night. Park Hills Central is currently ranked third in Class 3, with a 5-0 record...
- COMMENTARY: Joy at Austin Peay in stark contrast to mood surrounding SEMO footballObserving from afar, it was impossible not to feel at least a hiccup of joy. Everyone enjoys seeing the downtrodden get a little taste of something better, right? And for the past several years, Austin Peay football has been as downtrodden as they come...
Southeast Missouri State volleyball falls to UT Martin in conference openerThe Southeast Missouri State volleyball team began Ohio Valley Conference play Tuesday, dropping its eighth straight match. UT Martin lost the opening set but won the next three to claim a 3-1 (22-25, 27-25, 25-19, 25-20) victory over the Redhawks in Martin, Tennessee...
Southeast Missouri State women's soccer falls 1-0 on the road to UT MartinFor a second straight game, the Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team couldn't find a goal through 90 minutes. But this time it cost them a result. UT Martin got a late game winner and dropped the Redhawks, 1-0, on the road Sunday in Martin, Tennessee...
Southeast Missouri State volleyball falls to Chicago State in five setsThe Southeast Missouri State volleyball team battled for five sets against a tournament host but was unable to end a lengthy losing streak Saturday. SEMO fell 25-27, 25-20, 23-25, 25-23, 13-15 to Chicago State at Jacoby D. Dickens Center in its final game at the Chicago State Invitational. It was also Southeast's final non-conference game...
COMMUNITY BRIEFS (9/22/17): Hole in one at Kimbeland Country Club (9/22/17)Jackson resident Susan Miller hit a hole in one on Wednesday at Kimbeland Country Club. Using a 5 wood from the No. 6 tee box, Miller aced the hole from 134 yards out. Steve Miller was a witness. It was Miller's first-ever hole in one. The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will host the 30th Annual Set & Spike Volleyball Tournament on Oct. 14 at the Cape Girardeau Sportsplex...
Local golfers earn top finishes at Club Championship (9/19/17)KENNETT, Mo. - The Club Championship took place Saturday and Sunday at Kennett Country Club. A total of 40 golfers competed at the two-day event. Bryce McPherson placed first in the men’s division. Anita Jo Brogden placed first and Billie Clayton placed second in the women’s division...
COMMUNITY GOLF BRIEF: Swartz wins at Dalhousie (9/10/17)Dick Swartz won a point series event at Dalhousie Golf Club on Saturday. The format was match play with handicap vs. par. Swartz won via a scorecard playoff after shooting a 6-up. Terry Bozzay was second. Tom Metheny and Cord Dombrowski tied for third with a 3-up...
COMMUNITY GOLF BRIEFS: Dalhousie hosts Southeast Health Tournament (9/9/17)Dalhousie Golf Club held the Southeast Health Golf Tournament on Saturday with four different 18-hole, four-person scrambles. In the championship flight, the team of Chris Jones, JJ Reese, Tony Vanover and Dustin Reddin won the morning scramble, beating 15 other teams by shooting a 61. The foursome of John Tuttle, Rick Clark, Daren Mahoney and Vicki Dye finished second with a score of 62...
Sign up for our free newsletter
Enter your email address to sign up for the Semoball.com newsletter:
Fowler delivers again as Martinez, Cardinals beat Reds 8-5 (9/22/17)CINCINNATI -- The St. Louis Cardinals rinsed the bad taste of being swept by the Chicago Cubs the best way they could -- sweeping the Cincinnati Reds. Dexter Fowler delivered again, hitting two doubles and a single as St. Louis overcame Scott Schebler's two home runs to beat the Reds 8-5 Thursday night...
Cards power Weaver with 3 homers in 9-2 win over Reds (9/21/17)CINCINNATI -- Mike Matheny enjoyed the St. Louis Cardinals' best all-around game in a while so much, he wouldn't mind seeing a replay. "I'll go rewatch it," Matheny said after the 9-2 win over the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday. "Good starting pitching, clean defense, clean bullpen, timely hitting, got momentum early."...
Chiefs' Kareem Hunt has clear request: 'Stop sleeping on me' (9/21/17)KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs thought enough of Kareem Hunt that they traded up to grab the record-setting running back from Toledo late in the third round of April's draft. They evidently didn't think enough of him to select him any earlier...
|St. Louis Cardinals||80||72||.526||5|