Mules outlast Bearcats in SEMO consolation semifinalSIKESTON - A 16-0 run in the third quarter by the Poplar Bluff Mules was enough to propel them over the Dexter Bearcats 64-53 in the consolation semifinals of the SEMO Conference Tournament on...
Jackson’s McCadams signs letter of intent to run at SEMOJackson senior Cade McCadams overcame a series of injuries and he signed his letter of intent to run cross country at Southeast Missouri State University. At the end of his sophomore year, McCadams...
East Prairie beats Chaffee, Kelly falls to CaruthersvilleEast Prairie bounced back from its first loss of the season with a 72-54 win over Scott-Mississippi Conference foe Chaffee on Tuesday, Dec. 6. The Eagles (2-1) were led by a game-high 25 points from...
Three Rivers men lose late cushion in defeatThree Rivers College men’s basketball had played a loaded schedule in preparation for the Region XVI slate and Wednesday night’s opener at home against State Fair Community College. It might have...
- Griggs leads Kelly past Puxico in Lady Red Devil Invitational
- Bear Up: Greenville boys hoops are for real
- Raiders a relative thing to frosh player
- High School girls basketball roundup, Dec. 7: Chaffee edges out Advance, 42-38, in consolation semi
- Charleston breaks down Notre Dame in opening round of SEMO Tournament
- Jackson takes youthful Sikeston to the woodshed in first round of SEMO Tourney
- Dexter survives, advances through grueling week of hoops
- Saxony Lutheran drops home opener to Ste. Genevieve
- Senath-Hornersville outlasts Holcomb in overtime
- High School boys basketball roundup, Dec. 6: Oran beats Risco by a dozen on the road
- High School girls swim roundup, Dec. 6: Cape Central blows by Farmington, 104-51
- NMCC spoils Dexter wrestling senior night
- Tuesday hoops: Bear Up - Greenville wins at Doniphan
- Doniphan senior known as team’s hardest worker, has ‘heart’ of Lion
- Mules drop two duals at triangular
- Kennett GBB showing signs of 'toughness' early this season
- Experienced, successful Purdue FW 'impressed' with SEMO so far in 2022-23 1
- Tall, talented Tigers prove too much for Dexter, Nichols
- Shania Hodges signs with Jefferson College Volleyball
- Cape Central downs Naylor in home opener
- Cape entrepreneur to strengthen Cape Catfish off the diamond (11/30/22)
- Nichols doesn't miss this time in Dexter upset of #1 Blue Jays (11/30/22)1
- Jackson’s Caden Bogenpohl joins elite company in winning Power Showcase Amateur Home Run Derby (11/30/22)2
- Panagos takes home Carr Trophy (12/1/22)1
- Cape Central receives No. 1 seed for 2022 Southeast Missourian Christmas Tournament (12/5/22)
Notre Dame defeats Kennett in SEMO Conference Tournament play-inThe number eight-seeded Notre Dame Bulldogs took down the number nine-seeded Kennett Indians 67-47 Monday night in the play in round of the SEMO Conference Tournament in Sikeston. “We’ve got a long way to go, but it’s our first win of the season and you have to get it sometime,” Notre Dame head coach Paul Unterreiner said. ...
Dexter Lady Bearcats wallop NMCC Lady Eagles 76-34 (12/6/22)NEW MADRID, Mo. — Dexter used superb free throw shooting, high-pressure defense and was able to capitalize on second-chance opportunities during a lopsided win at New Madrid County Central on Monday, Dec. 5. The Lady Bearcats (3-1) controlled the game from the opening tip to the final buzzer in a 76-34 win over the Lady Eagles (0-5)...
High School boys basketball roundup, Dec. 5: Malden earns first win in 74-51 rout at Scott City (12/6/22)Malden (1-2) scored 74 points en route to a blowout win on the road at Scott City (0-2) on Monday. Junior Marcus Burton led the Green Wave with a game-high 20 points in the win. Torrin Johnson led Scott City in points with eight in the loss. Malden hosts Twin Rivers (3-1) at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, while Scott City plays at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday at 0-3 Zalma...
High School girls basketball roundup, Dec. 5: Scott City gets past Meadow Heights, 52-39 (12/6/22)Scott City (5-1) opened the Lady Red Devils Classic with a 52-39 win over Meadow Heights (5-1) on Monday. Four players – Liza Dannenmueller (14), Lilyan Landis (12), Mackenzie Lawless (11) and Ramsey Spinks (11) – scored in double digits for the Rams, while the sophomore Landis totaled eight rebounds, seven steals and two assists in the win...
Redhawk WBB falls at KansasSoutheast Missouri State sophomore center Halle Smith matched a career-high 18 points and had a game-high eight rebounds, as the Redhawks fell 88-51 at Kansas. Smith scored 16 of her points in the second half, finishing with 18 for the second time in her career.
Late rally falls short for SEMO MBB vs. MizzouFor the majority of the second half of its men’s basketball game at Missouri on Sunday, the Southeast Missouri State squad trailed by double-digits, as the unbeaten Tigers looked to be on their way to a relatively dramatic-free home win.
Key piece to SEMO FB success will return in 2023Ninth-year Southeast Missouri State football coach Tom Matukewicz wasted no time in announcing his off-season priorities following his team’s loss at Montana in the recent FCS Playoffs.
Cape entrepreneur to strengthen Cape Catfish off the diamond (11/30/22)In the four years since the Cape Catfish baseball franchise was created, team general manager Mark Hogan has made the type of decisions to make the club as good as there is within the Prospect League.
McDonald's Fighting Squirrels show appreciation, raise funds at annual event (11/22/22)CHARLESTON – A summer baseball program doesn’t just fumble-bumble its way to 519 wins and six trips to the Babe Ruth World Series.
Local trainer Chelsea Pullen takes ninth at world strongman games (11/17/22)What began as research turned into a passion for Chelsea Pullen. Pullen — a 33-year old Pendleton, Indiana native who currently resides in Cape Girardeau — competed in her first strongman competition in 2020. Most recently, she competed at the Official Strongman Games (OSG) World Championships which ran from Nov. 12-13 in Daytona Beach, Florida...
Sikeston Jaycee Bulldogs gets redemption against Poplar Bluff in championship game (11/1/22)BENTON, Mo. — The Sikeston Jaycee Bulldogs third and fourth-grade football team captured the Heartland Youth Football League-Big School Division Championship on Saturday, Oct. 29. The team finished the year with a 6-1 overall record and wins over Jackson, Dexter, Kelly and Perryville, and avenged its only loss of the season with an 18-12 double-overtime win over Poplar Bluff in the title game...
AP source: Cardinals, Contreras agree to 5-year contract (12/07 11:21 pm)SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Willson Contreras is going to St. Louis to replace Yadier Molina at catcher, agreeing to an $87.5 million, five-year contract with the Cardinals on Wednesday. A person familiar with the negotiations confirmed the move to The...
St Louis Cards announcer McLaughlin arrested on DWI charge (12/06 12:19 am)ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Cardinals television announcer Dan McLaughlin was charged Monday as a persistent offender of driving while intoxicated, a day after he was arrested in suburban St. Louis. Bond was set at $25,000, the Creve Coeur Police Department...
Remaining Free Agents (12/08 2:40 am)NEW YORK (AP) -- The 149 remaining free agents (q-did not accept qualifying offer): BALTIMORE (4) -- Jesús Aguilar, 1b; Robinson Chirinos, c; Jordan Lyles, rhp; Rougned Odor, 2b. BOSTON (7) -- q-Xander Bogaerts, ss; q-Nathan Eovaldi, rhp; Rich Hill,...
Judge goes back to Yankees; Padres grab SS Bogaerts (12/08 12:08 am)SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Farhan Zaidi got a text message from Aaron Judge's representatives early Wednesday morning. And just like that, it was over. It was time to move on. With Judge returning to the New York Yankees on a $360 million, nine-year...
Braves acquire former All-Star reliever Jimenez from Tigers (12/07 10:26 pm)SAN DIEGO (AP) -- The Atlanta Braves traded for former All-Star reliever Joe Jimenez on Wednesday night, sending two minor leaguers to Detroit to help restock a bullpen now minus Kenley Jansen. The Tigers acquired outfielder Justyn-Henry Malloy and...
Phillies select active duty Navy aviator in MLB Rule 5 draft (12/07 6:54 pm)SAN DIEGO (AP) -- The Philadelphia Phillies took U.S. Navy aviator Noah Song in the Rule 5 draft Wednesday, hoping the former top pitching prospect can still be effective once he completes his military service. There is no definitive date on when...
Chiefs could have Thuney, Toney back from injury vs Broncos (12/07 1:58 pm)KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The Kansas City Chiefs could have two important parts of their offense back with guard Joe Thuney and wide receiver Kadarius Toney returning to practice Wednesday ahead of their trip to Denver. Chiefs coach Andy Reid said...
Blues hold off Islanders rally, win 7-4 (12/06 10:09 pm)NEW YORK (AP) -- Noel Acciari and Colton Parayko scored 13 seconds apart in the third period and the St. Louis Blues defeated the New York Islanders 7-4 on Tuesday night. Josh Leivo had a goal and an assist and Thomas Greiss made 36 saves and the...
Rangers score 3 in third period to rally past Blues 6-4 (12/05 10:21 pm)NEW YORK (AP) -- K'Andre Miller, Alexis Lafreniere and Chris Kreider scored in the third period as the New York Rangers rallied to beat the St. Louis Blues 6-4 on Monday night. Vincent Trochek had a goal and an assist, and Braden Schneider and Adam...
Chiefs squander control of AFC playoff race in Cincinnati (12/05 1:29 pm)KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- With a rare fumble by Travis Kelce, a missed field-goal try by Harrison Butker and a woeful inability to pressure the quarterback on Sunday, the Kansas City Chiefs squandered a chance to control the AFC playoff race down the...
Burrow tops Mahomes again, rallies Bengals past Chiefs 27-24 (12/04 10:45 pm)CINCINNATI (AP) -- Joe Burrow got a huge assist from his defense in another riveting duel with Patrick Mahomes. With the Chiefs leading Burrow's Bengals 24-20 early in in the fourth quarter on Sunday, Mahomes hooked up with Travis Kelce, who rumbled...
Thursday, Dec. 8
- L.A. Clippers at Miami, 6:30 p.m.
- Houston at San Antonio, 7:30 p.m.
- Denver at Portland, 9 p.m.
- Las Vegas at L.A. Rams, 7:15 p.m.
- Los Angeles at Toronto, 6 p.m.
- Nashville at Tampa Bay, 6 p.m.
- Detroit at Florida, 6:30 p.m.
- Winnipeg at St. Louis, 7 p.m.
- Ottawa at Dallas, 7:30 p.m.
MEN'S TOP 25 COLLEGE BASKETBALL
- No. 20 Iowa St. at Iowa, 6 p.m.
- No. 25 Ohio St. vs. Rutgers, 7 p.m.
WOMEN'S TOP 25 COLLEGE BASKETBALL
- No. 3 Ohio St. vs. New Hampshire, 10 a.m.
- No. 4 Indiana at Penn St., 6 p.m.
- No. 6 UConn vs. Princeton, 6 p.m.
- No. 12 Arizona vs. Kansas, 7 p.m.
- No. 14 Michigan vs. Toledo, 6 p.m.
- No. 20 Maryland at Purdue, 5:30 p.m.
- No. 21 Arkansas vs. Lamar, 7 p.m.
Last updated: 12/07 9:34 pm