Sikeston Volleyball Club hopes to change the culture of the sport in the areaSIKESTON — There are more opportunities for area volleyball players to enhance their skills. The Sikeston Volleyball Club has increased from one team to five, leaving founder and director Samira...
Cape Central's Mason Diamond started from the bottom, now he's winningThe wrestling dual meet between Cape Central and New Madrid County Central on Thursday had more forfeits than actual matches.
Dexter boys gear up for Bernie showdown with 73-35 rout of BloomfieldDEXTER — The Dexter Bearcats strung together a pair of long runs in the first half and rolled to a 73-35 victory over Bloomfield in an SCAA boys basketball matchup Thursday night at the Bearcat Event...
SEMO basketball returns to the court after long layoffThe Southeast Missouri State men’s basketball team returns to the court after pausing activities for a week to take on Morehead State on Saturday at the Show Me Center. The game was originally slated...
- SPORTS DESK COMMENTARY: Two SEMO Conference teams headline the first power rankings of the season 3
- Dexter girls gives Neelyville stiff challenge for three quarters, but Tigers pull out win from free-throw line
- Holcomb girls basketball remains perfect in conference play, hands Campbell first conference loss 67-45
- Poplar Bluff boys sink foul shots, advance to final of tournament
- Jackson pressures short-handed Cape Central into submission early
- Girls Basketball Roundup, Jan. 16: Notre Dame stumbles on road, loses to Cor Jesu Academy in 2-OT
- Poplar Bluff's Rowland wins title in OT, Thresher places second
- Wrestling Roundup, Jan. 15: Dexter sweeps Kennett, Jonesboro
- Girls Swimming Roundup, Jan. 15: Cape Central tops overall rankings at the Rec Center Relays meet
- Smaller Poplar Bluff girls wrestling team benefits from growth of sport
- Girls Basketball Roundup, Jan. 15: Kennett holds Charleston to season low point total, wins 48-15 1
- Thompson explodes, Saine sets record, SEMO women get 4th straight win, 69-53 2
- Wrestling Roundup: Jackson sweeps 3-way 1
- From the gridiron to the court: Wibbenmeyer and Ernst team up to lead St. Vincent
- Sikeston rebounds from an emotional loss to Charleston with a win over Park Hills Central
- NMCC remains undefeated, in free-throw-filled win over Charleston 2
- Seniors step up for Oran in conference win over Kelly 3
- Emerging Tiger lifts Cape Central to road win over rival Jackson 1
- Bell City snaps 31-game losing streak, beats SCAA rival Puxico 46-39
- Local basketball teams remain ranked in latest MBCA state poll
- Charleston knocks off rival Sikeston at home for first time since 2015 (1/9/21)2
- Dexter remains unbeaten in SEMO Conference play with dramatic road win (1/9/21)
- Boys Basketball Roundup, Jan. 13: Scott City survives torturous pace, pulls away from Delta for W (1/13/21)1
- Local basketball teams remain ranked in latest MBCA state poll (1/13/21)
- Perryville softball star shines among galaxy of Southeast Missouri talent (1/8/21)
Girls Basketball Roundup, Jan. 13: Advance wins fourth straight, beats Oak Ridge 40-36The Advance girls basketball team outscored Oak Ridge 24-14 over the middle two quarters en route to a 40-36 victory Tuesday night at Advance. Oak Ridge led 13-9 after one quarter and 22-21 at halftime. The Hornets pulled ahead in the third quarter, taking a 33-27 lead into the fourth...
UPDATED WITH VIDEO: Swimming Roundup Jan. 12: Relay turns in fastest time as Poplar Bluff wins meet (1/13/21)Audrey Rahlmann, Julia Smothers, Kacey Gregory and Olivia Kirkman teamed up for Poplar Bluff’s fastest 400-yard freestyle relay time of the season Tuesday, capping a meet win that featured eight wins by the Mules. Kirkman won two individual events and helped the medley relay win while Gregory, Smothers and Simone Anders also won at the Black River Coliseum Aquatic Center...
Boys Basketball Roundup, Jan. 13: Scott City survives torturous pace, pulls away from Delta for W (1/13/21)If you like watching basketball games where both teams set a frantic pace, up and down style more like a track meet, then you were in luck if you watched Scott City visit Delta Tuesday night. Delta head coach Chris Hahn prefers the "up and down" style of play but visiting head coach Mark Dannenmueller of Scott City found that liking just fine as his Rams "ran" away with the game, 100-81...
Poplar Bluff wrestlers sweep Kennett, beat Notre Dame to reach 20 wins (1/13/21)After heading to Tennessee last weekend and Arkansas this weekend, the Poplar Bluff wrestling team got to roll out the mat at the Senior High Gym for a change Tuesday. “Hearing that crowd, it’s a different feeling,” Poplar Bluff senior Johnathan Martin said. “It gives you a little bit of adrenaline on the mat, just a nice feeling.”...
Back at it: SEMO Football opens 2021 spring seasonIn an incredible act of irony, as the FBS college football season came to a close on Monday with Alabama and Ohio State competing for a national championship, programs at the FCS level were opening their training camps.
Southeast women win third straight in women's hoops, 64-45, in Music CityIt’s three wins in a row for Southeast Missouri State (5-4, 3-1 Ohio Valley Conference), as they defeated Tennessee State on the road in conference action on Saturday 64-45. Two of the three most recent Redhawk victories have come against the winless Tigers (0-7, 0-5).
SEMO men’s basketball on pauseSoutheast Missouri State Athletics announced Friday that the Redhawks men's basketball team is pausing activities due to COVID-19 protocols.
A man of letters: Yogi Berra to be featured on new stamp (01/15 6:32 pm)WASHINGTON (AP) -- Yogi Berra will soon be all over -- your mail, that is. The New York Yankees great known for his funny malaprops will be featured on a new stamp this year, the U.S. Postal Service announced Friday, truly making him a man of...
Remaining Free Agents (01/15 6:22 pm)NEW YORK (AP) -- The 161 remaining free agents (q-rejected qualifying offer): BALTIMORE (2) --Bryan Holaday, c; Wade LeBlanc, lhp. BOSTON (4) -- Jackie Bradley Jr., of; Rusney Castillo, of; Collin McHugh, rhp; Martin Pérez, lhp. CHICAGO (4) -- Alex...
Remaining Free Agents (01/14 8:10 pm)NEW YORK (AP) -- The 163 remaining free agents (q-rejected qualifying offer): BALTIMORE (2) --Bryan Holaday, c; Wade LeBlanc, lhp. BOSTON (4) -- Jackie Bradley Jr., of; Rusney Castillo, of; Collin McHugh, rhp; Martin Pérez, lhp. CHICAGO (4) -- Alex...
Epstein hired as MLB consultant to evaluate rules changes (01/14 3:28 pm)NEW YORK (AP) -- Former Chicago Cubs and Boston Red Sox executive Theo Epstein has been hired by Major League Baseball as a consultant for on-field matters and will evaluate possible rule changes. Epstein will work with baseball Commissioner Rob...
Chiefs aim for quicker starts as they begin title defense (01/15 2:49 pm)KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The Kansas City Chiefs have proven that they can overcome just about any deficit in the postseason. That doesn't mean they want to keep doing it. Of all the points of emphasis this weekend, when the Chiefs play the Cleveland...
Browns aim to keep late-season surge going in Kansas City (01/15 10:34 am)CLEVELAND (12-5) at KANSAS CITY (14-2) Sunday, 3:05 p.m. ET, CBS OPENING LINE -- Chiefs by 10 RECORD VS. SPREAD -- Browns 7-10; Chiefs 7-9 SERIES RECORD -- Chiefs lead 13-11-2 LAST MEETING -- Chiefs beat Browns 37-21 on Nov. 4, 2018, in Cleveland...
Blues' Blais suspended 2 games for illegal check to head (01/14 8:00 pm)NEW YORK (AP) -- St. Louis Blues forward Sammy Blais was suspended for two games without pay by the NHL on Thursday for an illegal check to the head of Colorado Avalanche defenseman Devon Toews. Blais received a minor penalty for elbowing in...
Chiefs' Bieniemy focused on Browns, not vacant coaching jobs (01/14 3:12 pm)KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Eric Bieniemy spent last week speaking to just about every NFL franchise with a vacant head coaching job. The Chiefs offensive coordinator doesn't want to waste a second on it this week. "Let me just say this: It was an...
Browns aim to keep late-season surge going in Kansas City (01/14 1:35 pm)CLEVELAND (12-5) at KANSAS CITY (14-2) Sunday, 3:05 p.m. ET, CBS OPENING LINE -- Chiefs by 10 RECORD VS. SPREAD -- Browns 7-10; Chiefs 7-9 SERIES RECORD -- Chiefs lead 13-11-2 LAST MEETING -- Chiefs beat Browns 37-21 on Nov. 4, 2018, in Cleveland...
Friday, Jan. 15
Top 25 Men's Basketball
- No. 9 Wisconsin at Rutgers, 6 p.m.
Top 25 Women's Basketball
- No. 1 Stanford at Utah, 2:30 p.m.
- No. 8 UCLA vs Washington, 8:30 p.m.
- No. 25 Washington St. at Southern Cal, 6:30 p.m.
- Boston vs. Orlando, 6:30 p.m.
- Dallas at Milwaukee, 6:30 p.m.
- Chicago at Oklahoma City, 7 p.m.
- New York at Cleveland, 6:30 p.m.
- Memphis at Minnesota, 7 p.m.
- Atlanta at Utah, 8 p.m.
- Los Angeles at Sacramento, 9 p.m.
- New Orleans at Los Angeles, 9 p.m.
- Chicago at Tampa Bay, 6 p.m.
- Pittsburgh at Philadelphia, 6 p.m.
- Toronto at Ottawa, 6 p.m.
- Washington at Buffalo, 6 p.m.
- St. Louis at Colorado, 8 p.m.
Last updated: 01/15 10:32 am