Scoreboard sponsored by rustmedia
- SD ROUNDUP: Sikeston takes seventh at Kickapoo soccer tournament
- Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team suffers first Ohio Valley Conference loss of the season
- MISSOURIAN Roundup: Notre Dame girls runners claim title at Marshall County Invitational
- Missouri football mutilates overmatched Delaware St., 79-0
- Kelly football suffers 75-0 loss to Charleston 1
- SOUTHEAST ROUNDUP: SEMO women's soccer opens conference action with win over Eastern Illinois
- Jackson football team holds off Poplar Bluff, clinches SEMO North Conference crown
- Malden holds off Hayti 28-25 in battle of state-ranked teams
- On imperfect night, Jackson defense finds the response necessary to drop Poplar Bluff
- Cape Central football finds footing again in 44-6 win over University City
- Chaffee football done in by East Prairie's big plays in 56-42 loss
- Sikeston offense goes stale in 17-13 loss to Farmington
- Portageville uses run game to hand Scott City first lossPORTAGEVILLE, Mo -- With their team facing a 21-point halftime deficit against Portageville Friday, Scott City fans had to be thinking back just a few weeks ago when the Rams were in a similar situation against Charleston. That night, trailing by three touchdowns, Scott City scored 21 unanswered second-half points to stun the Bluejays 29-28 and keep their undefeated season alive...
Caruthersville uses big plays to easily down Dexter (9/24/16)CARUTHERSVILLE, Mo. -- Most of Caruthersville's big gains were only stopped by the end zone. The Tigers had six plays go for 20 or more yards against Dexter. Five of those went for touchdowns and the oddball was a 30-yard pass to George Qualls, who was tackled at the 2 and set up another touchdown...
NMCC still winless after falling to Kennett (9/24/16)NEW MADRID, Mo. - With the high temperatures still causing problems for local football teams, Kennett Indians coach Aaron Pixley wanted his team to strike quickly before fatigue could play a factor in its Week 6 road contest at New Madrid County Central...
Kennett football jumps out to four touchdown lead, beats NMCC 56-23 (9/24/16)NEW MADRID, Mo. - With the thermometer still in the hot range Kennett Indians coach Aaron Pixley wanted his team to strike quickly before fatigue could play a factor in its Week 6 road contest at New Madrid County Central. Pixley got his wish almost immediately after kickoff when Jaylean Kinnon ran the ball 34 yards and into the end zone to put Kennett on top 7-0 with 10:44 left in the first quarter...
- Southeast Missouri State football team begins OVC slate against rival Murray StateSoutheast Missouri State football coach Tom Matukewicz knows nothing can be done to change the outcome of his team's 0-3 record to start the season. All that can be done is to learn from the past and focus on the future. And a clean slate should help...
Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team opens OVC play with win over Eastern IllinoisThe Southeast Missouri State women’s soccer team opened the Ohio Valley Conference portion of its schedule with a 1-0 win over Eastern Illinois on Friday in Charleston, Illinois. Senior Natasha Minor scored the lone goal just before halftime in the 43rd minute on an assist from freshman Esmeralda Gonzales and sophomore Brooke Merseal. It was Minor’s 23rd career goal, which puts her in a tie for third on the Redhawks’ all-time list...
Southeast Missouri State football team's porous pass defense works on consistencyEach defensive back on the Southeast Missouri State football team appeared to have a distinct focus during practice Tuesday at the Rosengarten Athletic Complex. After yielding a season-high 302 yards passing in a stunning 27-24 defeat in Saturday's home opener against Indiana State, the Redhawks appeared to be all business. ...
SOUTHEAST FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Donnerson, Hill impress among veteran linebacking corpsSandwiched between a busted game-opening play and a final, heartbreaking Indiana State drive, the Southeast Missouri State football team played some pretty good defense Saturday. A lot of that had to do with the play of linebackers Kendall Donnerson and Terrance Hill...
Community sports briefs (9/18/16)Charlie Vickrey of Jackson recently carded his scecond career hole-in-one at Bent Creek Golf Course. Vickery used a driver to ace No. 6, a par 3 playing 160 yards. Tom Ressel and Dick Schuessler witnessed the shot. Don Call of Cape Girardeau carded his second career hole-in-one Thursday at Kimbeland Country Club...
Community sports briefs (9/11/16)Troy Bell and Taryn Overstreet shot a 65 to place first in the Parent-Junior Scramble on Sunday at Dalhousie Golf Club. Neil Miles and Carson Miles placed second at 68, while Ray Silliman and Carsen Silliman took third at 70. In the nine-hole competition, Jim Childress and Sonnie Childress won with a 33. Jeff Maurer and Grayson Maurer were two shots back in second with a 35, while Lewis Bock and Grace Sanders finished third with a 37...
Community sports briefs (8/30/16)Connor Thrower won the Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course club championship on Sunday, finishing with a two-day score of 143. Thrower followed up a first-round 71 on Saturday with a 72 in the second round. He finished one stroke ahead of Mark Sissom, who totaled 144...
Community sports briefs (8/28/16)Jerry Grim of Cape Girardeau recorded his first career hole-in-one Friday at Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course. Grim used a 9-iron to ace No. 12, a par 3 playing 129 yards. Witnesses were Jerry Waddle, Rick Hamm and Bruce Robert. Tom Tindall finished with a net score of 66 to place first in the Point Series event at Dalhousie Golf Club...
Sign up for our free newsletter
Enter your email address to sign up for the Semoball.com newsletter:
Former Southeast Missouri State baseball standout Joey Lucchesi reflects on first year in minors (9/26/16)What a thrilling experience the past four months have been for Joey Lucchesi. In the final week of May, the Southeast Missouri State baseball team claimed its first Ohio Valley Conference Tournament championship since 2002, with Lucchesi earning MVP honors. After the Redhawks dropped consecutive games in early June at an NCAA Regional in Starkville, Mississippi, Lucchesi added a number of postseason awards to his resume, including a third-team All-American selection by Baseball America...
St. Louis Cardinals lose to Cubs 3-1 and suffer third loss in four games (9/26/16)CHICAGO -- David Ross homered and teamed with Jon Lester for another scoreless performance, and the Chicago Cubs hurt St. Louis' wild-card chances with 3-1 victory over the Cardinals on Sunday night. Ben Zobrist had three hits and scored two runs as Chicago finished with a major league-best 57-24 home record. It's the most home wins for the Cubs since they went 58-19 at the West Side Grounds in 1910...
St. Louis Cardinals defeat Cubs 10-4 to bolster wild-card hopes (9/25/16)CHICAGO -- The St. Louis Cardinals have a lot to accomplish if they want to return to Chicago in two weeks for a rematch of last year's NL Division Series. They would have to qualify for one of the wild-card spots, then win the single-elimination playoff game...
|St. Louis Cardinals||81||74||.523||18|