Scoreboard sponsored by rustmedia
- Stellar season for Perryville football ends with loss to Farmington
- Sikeston football season comes to a close with 49-14 loss to rival Cape Central
- Stevenson breaks records as Malden football beats Kelly in district quarterfinal
- SD FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: East Prairie football team advances to district semifinals; Dexter, NMCC fall
- Charleston speed too much for St. Pius X, move into C2D1 semifinal
- Alexander, Portageville runs over Scott City football team into district semifinals
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Cape Central boys swimming dominates at MICDS Invitational
- Kennett football team routs Fredericktown 70-27 in C3D1 quarterfinal
- Chaffee softball can't find offense, falls to Pilot Grove in semifinal and lands in fourth in Class 1
- Kutz dazzles with 14 Ks as Notre Dame softball vaults past Incarnate Word and into Class 3 state championship
- Kelly softball lets semifinal lead get away, finishes fourth at Class 2 state
- DISTRICT QUARTERFINAL FOOTBALL PREVIEWS: Cape Central looks to flip script against Sikeston in rematch
- Kelly softball breaks drought for seniors, joins Chaffee and Notre Dame at stateBENTON, Mo. -- The six Kelly softball seniors were quiet for a few seconds as the question floated in the air. Then the answers started pouring out, each player adding to the others' responses. "It's like we finally did, like we've been wanting this for four years and finally did," Hunter Bryant said. "It feels really great."...
MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Saxony Lutheran boys soccer wins fourth straight district title (10/20/17)The Saxony Lutheran boys soccer team won its fourth consecutive Class 1 District 1 title Thursday with a 3-2 win over Gateway Science Academy at Cleveland NJROTC Academy in St. Louis. Jakoata Walther scored twice, and Paul Adams got the game-winning goal on a penalty kick. Coby Siebert and Micah Mirly chipped in with an assist each...
Notre Dame boys soccer falls to St. Pius X 1-0 in district championship (10/20/17)It was an emotional scene Thursday after the Notre Dame boys soccer team's season ended with a 1-0 loss to St. Pius X in the Class 2 District 1 championship, as several players were visibly upset with the defeat. Lancers forward Carter Easter scored the game-winning goal with 20 minutes left, capitalizing on one of the few scoring chances of the game. His tally denied the top-seeded Bulldogs back-to-back district titles as they fell on their home turf at Notre Dame Regional High School...
Golfers compete at Business and Industry Golf Tournament at Kennett Country Club (10/20/17)KENNETT, Mo. - The 14th annual Business and Industry Golf Tournament took place Thursday at Kennett Country Club. The field featured 17 four-member teams with a four-person scramble scoring format. The team of Pritchett, Privett, Gifford and McHaney finished first in Championship Flight. The team of Sellars, Mansfield, Carnell and Tomlin finished first in A Flight. The team of Grantham, Cook, Gibbons and Wigger finished first in B Flight...
- Southeast Missouri State football team looks to replicate success against surging GovsWith a fast start and a strong finish, the Southeast Missouri State football team put together its most complete performance of the season in last week's Homecoming win over Tennessee Tech. Now it's time for the Redhawks to hone that consistent effort...
Michael Porter Jr. wants to revive Missouri, leave legacyNASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Missouri forward Michael Porter Jr. has yet to play his first college game, and he's already making it clear he has very high expectations both for himself and the Tigers. It's one reason why he chose Missouri. "I always kind of wanted to be the type of player that could go to a school that could make a difference," Porter said Wednesday at the Southeastern Conference men's basketball media day. ...
Southeast Missouri State soccer's Esmie Gonzales earns conference honorSoutheast Missouri State sophomore midfielder Esmie Gonzales earned the adidas Ohio Valley Conference Offensive Player of the Week award, the league announced Tuesday. It's the first time this season Gonzales has garnered this honor. The Fort Worth, Texas, native scored four goals this past week in two Southeast wins and also had eight shots, including six shots on goal...
Southeast Missouri State football punter Reynolds tabbed as OVC Specialist of the WeekSoutheast Missouri State punter Jake Reynolds was announced Sunday as the adidas Ohio Valley Conference Specialist of the Week. It's the redshirt freshman's first conference honor. Reynolds averaged 45.9 yards per punt in a 31-3 Homecoming win over Tennessee Tech on Saturday at Houck Field...
Local coach, runner Luke Beevor reflects on impressive performance at Chicago Marathon (10/10/17)By day, Luke Beevor is the cross country coach at Cape Girardeau Central High School. The rest of the time, he's a televised running star. At least, that's what he's telling his Tigers this week. On Sunday, Beevor took on the Chicago Marathon -- one of the six World Marathon Majors, along with Boston, London, Berlin and New York -- and as the television cameras focused in on the elites of marathon running, Beevor stole a little bit of screen time...
COMMUNITY SPORTS BRIEFS (10/10/17) (10/10/17)The team of Todd Obergoenner, Kent Phillips, Matt Cart and Josh Parham carded a 51 to take first place in the championship flight at a four-person scramble tournament Monday at Dalhousie Golf Club. Matt Porch, Blake McDowell, Jonathan Blattel and Bob Lents finished with a 53 in second place, while James Duby, Michael Duby, Robert Duby and Cliff Barlow took third with a 54...
COMMUNITY GOLF BRIEF: Laidet makes fourth career hole-in-one at Dalhousie (10/8/17)Ray Laidet made his fourth career hole-in-one Saturday at Dalhousie Golf Club. He holed it from 146 yards on the par-3 8th. Laidet used a seven-iron on the shot. Cord Dombrowski, Doug Spencer and Jerry Straub were witnesses. -- From staff report
Chanceller, Robertson claim tourney crown at Dalhouise (10/6/17)Diane Chanceller and Deidra Robertson finished with a two-day gross score of 136 to claim the overall championship at the Rebecca's Run tournament Thursday at Dalhousie Golf Club. Liz Moore and Casey O'Brien shot a 135 and won the championship net title in a scorecard playoff...
Sign up for our free newsletter
Enter your email address to sign up for the Semoball.com newsletter:
Schwartz helps St. Louis Blues hold on for 4-3 victory over Colorado (10/20/17)DENVER -- Jaden Schwartz and Vince Dunn scored 52 seconds apart in the second period and the St. Louis Blues overcame three crazy plays down the stretch to beat the Colorado Avalanche 4-3 on Thursday night. Paul Stastny added a goal and an assist to give him 601 career points. The 600-point plateau runs in Stastny family, with father Peter recording 1,239 points and uncle Anton accumulating 636...
Raiders score on final play in wild game to beat Chiefs, 31-30 (10/20/17)OAKLAND, Calif. -- Derek Carr threw a 2-yard touchdown pass to Michael Crabtree on the final play after the game was extended by two straight defensive holding calls and the Oakland Raiders snapped a four-game losing streak with a 31-30 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday night...
Jaden Schwartz has hat trick, Blues beat Blackhawks 5-2 (10/19/17)ST. LOUIS -- Jaden Schwartz had his third career hat trick to help the St. Louis Blues beat the Chicago Blackhawks 5-2 on Wednesday night. Schwartz has four goals and six assists this season and has at least one point in six of the Blues' first seven games. It was his 51st career multi-point game and fourth this season...
|St. Louis Cardinals||83||79||.512||9|