Scoreboard sponsored by rustmedia
- Gideon suffers season-ending loss to Lesterville in Class 1 sectional
- Advance volleyball battles with Valle Catholic but falls in Class 1 sectional
- Dexter volleyball unable to stop Lutheran South in sectional loss
- Southeast Missouri State volleyballs falls in three sets to Eastern Kentucky
- Missouri football ends five-game skid with win over Idaho
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Jackson girls cross country finishes second at Class 4 District 1 meet
- Notre Dame softball falls to Monett 4-1 in Class 3 state championship
- Southeast Missouri State volleyball sweeps Morehead State on Pink Up Night
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Cape Central boys swimming dominates at MICDS Invitational
- Charleston speed too much for St. Pius X, move into C2D1 semifinal 1
- Stellar season for Perryville football ends with loss to Farmington
- NOTEBOOK: Cape Central football team attains vengeance in win over Sikeston
- Sikeston football season comes to a close with 49-14 loss to rival Cape CentralCAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. — Sikeston’s football team has had Cape Central’s number during the regular season the last three years, but that does not mean much once the district playoffs start. On Friday night the four-time defending district champion Tigers showed that once again they are a different squad than the team the Bulldogs see in the regular season...
Stevenson breaks records as Malden football beats Kelly in district quarterfinal (10/21/17)MALDEN, Mo. -- Tray Stevenson broke the Malden football record for rushing yards in a season and escorted lineman Jackson Wilson on a long fumble return for a touchdown Friday night. Wilson picked up a fumble and returned it 75 yards in the closing seconds of the first half in a 56-8 Malden win over Kelly in a Class 2 District 1 quarterfinal at The Swamp...
SD FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: East Prairie football team advances to district semifinals; Dexter, NMCC fall (10/21/17)FESTUS, Mo. — The East Prairie Eagles advanced to the Class 2, District 1 semifinals Friday night, upsetting third-seeded Jefferson 36-21. Jefferson led 7-6 after one quarter before a touchdown by Derez Tipler put the Eagles up for good 14-7 with 8:37 left in the second quarter...
Alexander, Portageville runs over Scott City football team into district semifinals (10/21/17)PORTAGEVILLE, Mo – Nothing Scott City’s defense tried seem to phase Portageville Friday night when they two teams opened up play in the Class 1, District 1 Tournament. Senior running back Lamar Alexander caused the Rams fits all night, rushing for 177 yards and two scores to help the Bulldogs extend their season with their fifth win in the last six games, 50-15...
- Southeast Missouri State football team looks to replicate success against surging GovsWith a fast start and a strong finish, the Southeast Missouri State football team put together its most complete performance of the season in last week's Homecoming win over Tennessee Tech. Now it's time for the Redhawks to hone that consistent effort...
Michael Porter Jr. wants to revive Missouri, leave legacyNASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Missouri forward Michael Porter Jr. has yet to play his first college game, and he's already making it clear he has very high expectations both for himself and the Tigers. It's one reason why he chose Missouri. "I always kind of wanted to be the type of player that could go to a school that could make a difference," Porter said Wednesday at the Southeastern Conference men's basketball media day. ...
Southeast Missouri State soccer's Esmie Gonzales earns conference honorSoutheast Missouri State sophomore midfielder Esmie Gonzales earned the adidas Ohio Valley Conference Offensive Player of the Week award, the league announced Tuesday. It's the first time this season Gonzales has garnered this honor. The Fort Worth, Texas, native scored four goals this past week in two Southeast wins and also had eight shots, including six shots on goal...
Southeast Missouri State football punter Reynolds tabbed as OVC Specialist of the WeekSoutheast Missouri State punter Jake Reynolds was announced Sunday as the adidas Ohio Valley Conference Specialist of the Week. It's the redshirt freshman's first conference honor. Reynolds averaged 45.9 yards per punt in a 31-3 Homecoming win over Tennessee Tech on Saturday at Houck Field...
Local coach, runner Luke Beevor reflects on impressive performance at Chicago Marathon (10/10/17)By day, Luke Beevor is the cross country coach at Cape Girardeau Central High School. The rest of the time, he's a televised running star. At least, that's what he's telling his Tigers this week. On Sunday, Beevor took on the Chicago Marathon -- one of the six World Marathon Majors, along with Boston, London, Berlin and New York -- and as the television cameras focused in on the elites of marathon running, Beevor stole a little bit of screen time...
COMMUNITY SPORTS BRIEFS (10/10/17) (10/10/17)The team of Todd Obergoenner, Kent Phillips, Matt Cart and Josh Parham carded a 51 to take first place in the championship flight at a four-person scramble tournament Monday at Dalhousie Golf Club. Matt Porch, Blake McDowell, Jonathan Blattel and Bob Lents finished with a 53 in second place, while James Duby, Michael Duby, Robert Duby and Cliff Barlow took third with a 54...
COMMUNITY GOLF BRIEF: Laidet makes fourth career hole-in-one at Dalhousie (10/8/17)Ray Laidet made his fourth career hole-in-one Saturday at Dalhousie Golf Club. He holed it from 146 yards on the par-3 8th. Laidet used a seven-iron on the shot. Cord Dombrowski, Doug Spencer and Jerry Straub were witnesses. -- From staff report
Chanceller, Robertson claim tourney crown at Dalhouise (10/6/17)Diane Chanceller and Deidra Robertson finished with a two-day gross score of 136 to claim the overall championship at the Rebecca's Run tournament Thursday at Dalhousie Golf Club. Liz Moore and Casey O'Brien shot a 135 and won the championship net title in a scorecard playoff...
Sign up for our free newsletter
Enter your email address to sign up for the Semoball.com newsletter:
Schwartz helps St. Louis Blues hold on for 4-3 victory over Colorado (10/20/17)DENVER -- Jaden Schwartz and Vince Dunn scored 52 seconds apart in the second period and the St. Louis Blues overcame three crazy plays down the stretch to beat the Colorado Avalanche 4-3 on Thursday night. Paul Stastny added a goal and an assist to give him 601 career points. The 600-point plateau runs in Stastny family, with father Peter recording 1,239 points and uncle Anton accumulating 636...
Raiders score on final play in wild game to beat Chiefs, 31-30 (10/20/17)OAKLAND, Calif. -- Derek Carr threw a 2-yard touchdown pass to Michael Crabtree on the final play after the game was extended by two straight defensive holding calls and the Oakland Raiders snapped a four-game losing streak with a 31-30 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday night...
Jaden Schwartz has hat trick, Blues beat Blackhawks 5-2 (10/19/17)ST. LOUIS -- Jaden Schwartz had his third career hat trick to help the St. Louis Blues beat the Chicago Blackhawks 5-2 on Wednesday night. Schwartz has four goals and six assists this season and has at least one point in six of the Blues' first seven games. It was his 51st career multi-point game and fourth this season...
|St. Louis Cardinals||83||79||.512||9|