Scoreboard sponsored by rustmedia
- JUMP TIME AGAIN: Kennett wins 10th straight district title in girls tennis
- SD: Prep Football Glance -- Week 7 matchups, district and conference standings
- Sikeston will be looking for answers on offense when hosting Poplar Bluff
- SD ROUNDUP: Menz gets hat trick for Sikeston soccer, volleyball streak ends
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Notre Dame softball team collects road victories over Perryville, Jackson
- 2016 Media Football Pick 'Em -- Week 7
- Community sports brief
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Notre Dame girls tennis team reaches district title match
- Three runs in the seventh gives Sikeston walk-off win over East Carter
- Perryville volleyball earns rousing sweep of district rival Notre Dame
- Sikeston drops Portageville in three sets for sixth-straight win
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Notre Dame girls golf cruises to district title
- Dykes difference maker in Saxony Lutheran boys soccer win over Cape CentralSaxony Lutheran senior forward Keevin Dykes called it a homecoming. That must make him the homecoming king. Dykes scored the lone goal in a 1-0 win Tuesday night, helping the Crusaders boys soccer team take down his former school, Cape Girardeau Central, 1-0 at Cape Girardeau High School...
SD ROUNDUP: King, Cox score twice during Sikeston soccer's road rout (9/27/16)FREDERICKTOWN, Mo. -- Cam King had two goals and an assist while Sam Cox added another two goals helping the Sikeston soccer team to a 7-0 rout over Fredericktown Monday on the road. Matthew Menz, Brett Johnson and Adam Comstock each scored as well, while Jeffery Thornbrough had three assists. Comstock and Bryce Miller also added an assist each...
2016 Missouri media football rankings: Area teams hanging steady (9/27/16)Statewide high school football rankings, as compiled by a 14-member panel of sportswriters and broadcasters. First-place votes in parenthesis. Panel is made up of Dion Clisso, PrepsKC; Sam McDowell, The Kansas City Star; Chris Geinosky, The Liberty Tribune; Dave Kvidahl, STLHighschoolsports.com; Jim Powers, High School Sports Caravan; Larry Thornton, KSDK radio; Cameron Teague-Robinson, The Columbia Tribune; Tom Rackers, Jefferson City News-Tribune; Mike Scott, Ozone Sports; Rance Burger, The Springfield News-Leader; Cody Thorn, The St. ...
Kennett girls tennis team wins district semifinal against Sikeston 6-0 (9/27/16)KENNETT, Mo. - The top-seeded Kennett Indians experienced little difficulty disposing of the No. 5 seeded Sikeston Bulldogs in a Class 1, District 1 semifinal Tuesday afternoon. Kennett all six matches completed as it secured a 6-0 victory against Sikeston in a playoff match that lasted 67 minutes...
- Southeast Missouri State football coach Tom Matukewicz sees front seven lining up nicelyIt took a little bit of fine-tuning, but Southeast Missouri State football coach Tom Matukewicz likes what he’s seen so far from his front seven on defense. The Redhawks had eight players combine for 11 tackles for loss in last week’s 17-16 win over Murray State, as seven of those players were either linebackers or defensive linemen...
Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team suffers first Ohio Valley Conference loss of the seasonThe Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team dropped its first Ohio Valley Conference game of the season in a 2-0 loss against SIU Edwardsville on Sunday in Edwardsville, Illinois. The Redhawks were outshot 10-9. They finished with three shots on goal, while the Cougars had six...
Missouri football mutilates overmatched Delaware St., 79-0COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri shattered its school scoring record Saturday, dismantling Delaware State 79-0. The previous record of 69 points had occurred three times, most recently on Sept. 17, 2011, when the Tigers shut out Western Illinois. "There's a lot of smiles out there," Missouri coach Barry Odom said. "I think we cleared the roster today and played everybody that is not a redshirt candidate at this time, so I was excited for those guys."...
Southeast Missouri State football team rallies past Murray State in dramatic OVC openerMURRAY, Ky. -- Behind a stagnant offense that had produced only one touchdown, the Southeast Missouri State football team looked like it was about to let another close game fall from its grasp. But with one final chance, the Redhawks did just enough to get the job done...
Community sports brief (9/29/16)Bill Fadler of Jackson recored his fourth career hole-in-one Wednesday at Kimbeland Country Club. Fadler used a pitching wedge to ace No. 12, a par 3 playing 90 yards. Witnesses were Jim Griffin, Norris Johnson and Ronn Unterreiner. The foursome of Zack Green, Eric Bowen, Quintin Kelly and Steve Thweatt shot a tournament-low 54 to win the afternoon Championship flight at the Notre Dame four-person scramble Monday at Dalhousie Golf Club...
Community sports briefs (9/27/16)Buddy Allen won Dalhousie Golf Club's men's championship, while Dee Johnson repeated as the women's champion Sunday. Allen finished with a three-day total of 229, shooting a 2-under-par 70 in the final round to finish 16 shots ahead of Drew Denton. Allen also had rounds of 81 and 70...
Community sports briefs (9/18/16)Charlie Vickrey of Jackson recently carded his scecond career hole-in-one at Bent Creek Golf Course. Vickery used a driver to ace No. 6, a par 3 playing 160 yards. Tom Ressel and Dick Schuessler witnessed the shot. Don Call of Cape Girardeau carded his second career hole-in-one Thursday at Kimbeland Country Club...
Community sports briefs (9/11/16)Troy Bell and Taryn Overstreet shot a 65 to place first in the Parent-Junior Scramble on Sunday at Dalhousie Golf Club. Neil Miles and Carson Miles placed second at 68, while Ray Silliman and Carsen Silliman took third at 70. In the nine-hole competition, Jim Childress and Sonnie Childress won with a 33. Jeff Maurer and Grayson Maurer were two shots back in second with a 35, while Lewis Bock and Grace Sanders finished third with a 37...
Sign up for our free newsletter
Enter your email address to sign up for the Semoball.com newsletter:
Reds inflict more damage on Cardinals' wild-card hopes (9/29/16)ST. LOUIS -- Mike Matheny managed with a playoff intensity. His offense didn't respond. "It's baseball, you're going to have times when you just don't get it done," Matheny said after his St. Louis Cardinals fell 2-1 to the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday night. "Tonight was one of those times guys make good pitches in big situations and we couldn't finish it off."...
Grieving Diaz belts grand slam in Cardinals' 12-5 win over Reds (9/28/16)ST. LOUIS -- Playing with a heavy heart, Aledmys Diaz hit his first career grand slam and the St. Louis Cardinals finished with five home runs Tuesday night in a 12-5 victory over the Cincinnati Reds. St. Louis kept pace in a tight race for the two NL wild cards, with a chance to gain some ground pending San Francisco's late game against Colorado...
Last-place Reds rout Cardinals 15-2 (9/27/16)ST. LOUIS -- Joey Votto and Adam Duvall hit two of the Cincinnati[[OpenSingle]]s four homers as the Reds routed the St. Louis Cardinals 15-2 on Monday night. Reds starter Tim Adleman (3-4) retired the first 10 Cardinals he faced and went a career-long seven innings. It was his first win since Aug. 19...
|St. Louis Cardinals||82||76||.519||19|