Semoball

High School Football Forum: The time is drawing nigh!!

Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Jul 24, 2015, at 2:21 AM:

I can't wait to watch some great football and see who steps up this year on each team to be that leader! There's a lot of growth and development that takes place from one season to the next in teenagers. Anyone want to list your pre-selections of an ALL-SEMO team by position? I'm curious to see what some of you think now and how it plays out through November.

Replies (23)

• How far of an area does All-Semo team cover?

-- Posted by Fballisfinallyhere on Fri, Jul 24, 2015, at 9:37 AM
  • Bring on the pigskin baby!!

Vandeven-qb

Young-offense, defense, lineman, secondary

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jul 24, 2015, at 9:41 AM
  • Didn't one of those 2 graduate already Ciri?

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jul 24, 2015, at 11:46 AM
  • Vandeven is at SEMO.

-- Posted by Pete Czeria on Fri, Jul 24, 2015, at 1:26 PM
  • Oops my bad. OK then:

Young - offense, defense, lineman, secondary, qb

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jul 24, 2015, at 2:28 PM
  • Ciri, my son said you have a sense of humor and he gets you.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jul 24, 2015, at 4:06 PM
  • Nick Thompson of Malden for Defensive Player of the Year. Eddie Wilson of Kennett could be QB of the Year. Watch out for Sikeston's two returning 1000 yard rushers. I also think Dexter's Ethan Stevens could have a breakout year as a QB. The Carr Trophy will definitely go to Al Young barring an early injury.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jul 24, 2015, at 5:18 PM
  • Haha ur rite Mrs T!! Just havn a little fun, i try not to take myself too seriously heeheee! But all kidding aside, Mr Young is quite an athlete!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jul 24, 2015, at 11:43 PM
  • Nice to see the local paper had no report at all on the 7 on 7 tournament.but they did get in one picture.

-- Posted by lastride67 on Sat, Jul 25, 2015, at 6:09 PM
  • Bleed, I'm already looking forward to dinner at the Hickory Log on August 21st!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jul 25, 2015, at 10:49 PM
  • Go eat at Fiddlers in Dexter. My family went a few days ago and they have great food Hickory Log is a good place as well.

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Sun, Jul 26, 2015, at 10:34 AM
  • I cant wait , I am so ready for some football

-- Posted by hb1025 on Sun, Jul 26, 2015, at 1:12 PM
  • Fiddlers is a great restaurant too, Kennett fan.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Jul 26, 2015, at 8:40 PM
  • Eating places , now we're talkin my area of expertise , football ,basketball,baseball I'm a novice, eating I'm expert all the way. in dexter you can't go wrong with dexter BBQ, the log ,daisy queen or fiddlers and if you didn't know for a fish place fiddlers has the best steak around trust me. Oh yeah I almost forgot I'm ready for some football too

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Mon, Jul 27, 2015, at 5:37 PM
  • Let's have some FUN!

-- Posted by mojo3 on Wed, Jul 29, 2015, at 5:00 AM
  • I haven't really checked that much. But from passing by the school on a couple mornings, seems summer practices are being well attended. I'm expecting about the same as last year due to the loss of a few key players (namely most of the o-line and the front defensive four) to graduation, but know some of the underclassmen who will be stepping up have high potential. Overall I'm hoping for improvement over last year, but in reality, I think they'll end up 4&5 or 5&4 based on the competition. I'll have a better opinion once I see how they play against Kennett on the 21st. I'm hoping the 'cats have a 2&2 record or better when you come to our place on 9/18. See you then Bleed!

Reporting on temporary assignment from the sands of the KSA...

-- Posted by mojo3 on Thu, Jul 30, 2015, at 2:30 AM
  • Freddy should be better and I am really looking forward to seeing the new look Ste Gen. Anxious to see who is in the backfield and how they use Roe.

-- Posted by Lead Blocker on Fri, Jul 31, 2015, at 8:40 AM
  • I second Bleed's motion. If you're coming to Dexter for the game on the 21st, come on by the Hickory Log and join us. It'll be a Semoball re-union!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jul 31, 2015, at 11:12 AM
  • Nothing to do with football but I want to say great season to the Caruthersville JBR baseball team for winning state and advancing to the Regional tournament in Minnesota. My friends from Cville said they went 1-2 in pool play and were competitive in the tournament. Caruthersville baseball looks bright for the next three years.

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Sun, Aug 2, 2015, at 9:17 PM

Kennett fans, I hear you have a pretty tough freshman coming up in Elijah Lemons. Will he see any quality varsity time?

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Aug 11, 2015, at 11:13 PM

The first Friday of the season; the Red Dogs must go down, & they must go down HARD!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Wed, Aug 12, 2015, at 9:27 AM
  • Keep California dreamin

Dawgs win 47-7

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Aug 12, 2015, at 9:40 AM
  • offense defense lineman secondary you really show your intelligence, juco at best an 11 act won't get you anywhere

-- Posted by Hatershate on Wed, Aug 12, 2015, at 7:10 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: