Semoball

High School Football Forum: Charleston-Herculaneum

Posted by LiveByTheSword on Mon, Oct 3, 2011, at 10:53 AM:

This game last year went to the wire with Herky pulling out a 12-7 win. Seems Charleston is better this year and Herky is wavering between good games and bad games, any thoughts on this year's game?

Replies (75)

Is Abate going to be playing if not Charleston wins.

If Abate is playing Charleston loses, plain and simple.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Mon, Oct 3, 2011, at 1:15 PM

Alrighty then, guess I should put out a feeler on mosports about that...I don't think many if any Herky people read or post on here.

-- Posted by LiveByTheSword on Mon, Oct 3, 2011, at 1:45 PM

Just heard that Abate is out so I guess Charleston wins!!!!

-- Posted by LiveByTheSword on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:41 AM

I'd go with Herculaneum with or without Abate!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:37 AM

Charleston is not that bad of a team and as you seen Friday night without Abate Herky struggled to do anything right. He was their powerhouse on offense and defense. He is a good player, and without him on the field Charlestons chances improved drastically. I think it will be a close game but without your stud it makes things difficult to finish the game strong.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 1:55 PM
  • By your logic, if Abate had played the whole game vs. Caruthersville, Herculaneum would have won.

-- Posted by albundy33 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:54 PM

albundy33, Caruthersville and Charleston are on completely different levels, I will go and say that the game would have been alot closer if Abate was in. Herky did nothing right after he was out of the game early second quarter. He scored your first 2 touchdowns, not to mention stopped multiple runs by Fonda that could have went the distance. So yeah I could be more than confident in saying that if he does not play Charleston will probably win in a close game.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 2:32 PM

If Caruthersville had all players dressed out I would be confident and saying that with or without Abate, Cville would have won by a little more than they did. Charleston on the other hand should be a closer game. I think Herky pulls away with this game late in the 4th. Not sure Charleston is poised enough to beat Herky right now. I say Herky 36 Charleston 24

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 2:43 PM
  • Lots of talk about this game. Could care less. I'll be watching my Bearcats dismantle your Tigers Friday night.

-- Posted by albundy33 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 2:55 PM

You are entitled to your thoughts on the game, I doubt there will be any dismantling but it should be a good game between two good teams. I just hope both teams are healthy and play a good hard fought game.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:00 PM
  • I would just like to point out the thread-jacking going on here.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:03 PM

Easier said than done! I will say this, if Cville get's their injured players back this week, Dexter will be in for a tough game.If not,Cville could have a long night a head of them! Starting Freshman and Sophmore's up front against a stellar Dexter team is not a good thing. If we get our boys back this week, Im not sure Dexter can stop our rushing attack! Just look what Sikeston did to you? And IMO, Cville has just as good running backs if not better running backs than Sikeston! Should be a good game either way!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:03 PM

I know right? This was a discussion about Charleston and Herky and Mr.Bundy had to add his insightful prediction of a different game. Good thing I am not moderating this forum.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:06 PM

Hey Bundy, start a thread about Cville/Dexter if you wanna get in to that with us lol

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:07 PM
  • Well, then let's all blast albundy33. Shame on you, sir. Do you not see the harm you have done by mentioning another team and allowing their fans open doors to discuss their team even though the original topic of this thread had nothing to do with their team? Shameful...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:09 PM

There is already a thread on that cheese, I guess he just overlooked it.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:09 PM
  • Will do as soon as you stay on the C'ville threads. Hypocrisy at its finest.

You come by it honestly. Whine goes great with Cheesehead...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:16 PM

I see you have a hard time comprehending what you read so let me break this down for you Rocket! Someone asked about the Charleston/Hercky game! Me and beef gave our take on the two teams WITHOUT mentioning Cville. Bundy is the one who brought up OUR team. Of course, we are going to respond if it's about our team. Your and your Rocket rejects have to come and stir the pot like you always do. For you guys to be grown men, you really do have a lot of growing up to do. Go enjoy your cake walk with Kennett this week and celebrate your 600th win. Don't worry about Cville/Dexter or Charleston/Herky!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:20 PM

Wow, that has to be a 2nd degree!

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:22 PM

Your not even worth a reponse anymore! Say what you want about me or my team, I don't really care. Not worth my time and energy!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:23 PM
  • No, there are no questions about C'ville in this thread. Just an observation but albundy33 and replies by C'ville fans. Again, no questions were asked. I am just pointing out the facts.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:25 PM

Where did anyone say anything about someone asking a question about Cville? Again, comprehension is underrated. I said and I quote "Bundy is the one who brought up OUR team." Did I say "Bundy asked a question about our team" NO..Sheesh, you guys are funny! It's sad to see a grown man act the way you do!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:32 PM

Well, rockets you are right. But we also gave an observation as you like to call it. Neither of my responses were in answer form more of an OBSERVATION..just pointing out the facts. Another fact is we are able to post anywhere on any of these threads no matter what anyone else thinks or cares. Last time I checked I was a grown man and did not need permission to do as I please.

I have been keeping it cool the last few days and thought things were going to MATURE a bit here on these boards but you had to bring the monkey wrench to the party and screw it all up.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:33 PM
  • I stand corrected. I mis-read your post. You are right. You never said anything about a question.

However, it still doesn't change the fact that you and beef have committed thread-jackery.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:34 PM
  • Same here beef. I will bring my monkey wrench in when I please...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:36 PM

They also didn't completely bash and hate on the Dexter fan! They responded with an educated mature answer.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:41 PM

I think rocketsbro was just mad that there was no "beef" in this thread so he started a different account "bundy" and started a little crap, once he got it stirred he came on as one of the rockets and pointed the faithful Cville fans out for thread jacking when the truth is we were only discussing the Herky/Charleston game. Guess there was not enough drama so he had to create some. I here by point out the this thread jackery was started by bundy but he is no where to be found.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:43 PM
  • You guys are too easy. I thought you weren't responding to me anymore. Just sayin'...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 5:01 PM
  • I here by point out the this thread jackery was started by bundy but he is no where to be found.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:43 PM

some of us "have a life" and don't live to post non-scense on sports blogs

-- Posted by albundy33 on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 2:18 PM
  • albundy33, I thought you were me. I was beginning to have an identity crisis.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 2:29 PM

Unless you stalk the forums rocketsbro then I still see how you could be albundy33. Look at the time between both post! albundy posted at 2:18 and then you at 2:29.. the time it took you to log in, respond to the post and post it, it adds up! I am curious if semoball will run an IP adress scan just to see. If you are then that is really said! If not, my apologies..

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 3:39 PM

"Sad" not "Said".. wow.. I failed really hard there.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 3:40 PM
  • Your apologies...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 4:15 PM
  • "If not, my apologies.."

-- Posted by Cheesehead101 on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 3:39 PM

apology accepted.

-- Posted by albundy33 on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 10:09 PM

I am now convinced rocketsbro that you are albundy. Sorry but it's no coincidence that you posted on another thread at 10:06 and then albundy posting on this thread 3 mins later at 10:09.. At least try and be conspicuous about it. It's really sad you have to have conversations with yourself to try and get your point across. Please take this word of advice, GROW UP!!!! I will be talking to a moderator about comparing the two IP address's and when they match up, hopefully you get banned! Have a good day Dr.Jeckle/Mr. Hyde!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 10:42 PM

A) I'm pretty sure you can have two usernames if you really want to. I don't think you can get banned for that.

B) I don't think Crader really cares to tell you if the same IP address is being used that way. I believe that would be a breach of the integrity of username privacy on this board unless you were also made a moderator (HAH!).

C) What happens if you find out they are two different people? Perhaps rocketsbro is just good at being a pot-stirrer (I would say so). Do you want to silence all opinions that do not fall in line?

D) I've happened to get on a forum right as a post was made and been able to respond immediately. It isn't as much of a coincidence as you would think. For awhile, people thought Dustin Ruby and I were the same person.

E) It is funny that you care that much.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 10:49 PM

Well I care when he post under another name just to start crap. Big difference in just having an opinion. Of course your going to defend him, he is from Sikeston and finally someone called him out on it. Its just really sad that a grown man acts that way. I wouldn't care about it but when he tries to act like two different people to pick a fight with me and beef, then I care. Why do you care so much? It's not you so don't worry about it

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 10:52 PM

It's childish crap like that, that keeps other fans from coming on here and posting. That's why this board remains mostly Sikeston.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 10:54 PM

If I were to do that to you sikeston posters and you found out about it then I would NEVER hear the end of it and you know it.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 10:57 PM

I'm trying to defend a friend who you are slandering considering I can almost confirm that it isn't him. If you can't stand the non-malicious pot stirring, then perhaps you shouldn't post on the Internet instead of attempting to get the other person kicked off. Sorry your assumptions about my motives are wrong.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 10:57 PM

Whatever Sideline, think and say what you want. We won't ever find out if it was him or not. Sad bunch of people

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:00 PM

I say the truth. Sorry. I don't know what else you were expecting.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:02 PM

Unless you are around him 24/7 then you couldn't possibly know what he does behind your back and couldn't possibly confirm it wasn't him. Your assuming, so it's not truth, its your assumption and your opinion on it!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:03 PM

I've said my piece on the matter. I just will not respond to rocketsbro anymore. His pot stirring is just to childish and an adult should not act that way.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:05 PM

I'm pretty sure that America relies on the innocent until proven guilty policy. I know that rocketsbro knows that. But if you want to continue to put him down because you so badly WANT it to be him, not because it is him, then that is what is truly sad.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:08 PM
  • I don't think people really get on here and post under different names!

Really People Grow Up!!!

-- Posted by nd_fan_4_life on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:08 PM

I don't think that either!

-- Posted by HoopsFan59 on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:09 PM

I think nd_fan_4_life and TigerPride11 must be the same person. Look how closely they posted. And I posted within a short amount of time of them too. They must be my alter egos.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:11 PM
  • I don't understand why a person would want to do that any way! Stick with one name people! Sheeesh!

-- Posted by sportsfanatic on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:11 PM
  • Go to your room Rockets!!!

-- Posted by Watson Carr Trophy 2011 on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:11 PM

No, I don't want it to be him. I hope it's not him but that has happen more than once with the two usernames. It don't matter. We will never know if it was him or not. I'm sure 10 other Sikeston posters will grill me for it not knowing if it's true or not, but what do I expect from a Pro Sikeston board? Matter is done with me!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:12 PM
  • I think sideline and sportsfanatic might be the same person! Look how closely they posted to each other!

-- Posted by mandm96 on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:13 PM

Haha You people are funny! When you come to Cville to play us in basketball, look me up!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:13 PM

Ok... Cheesehead... I will look up your IP and call you!

-- Posted by Haterade on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:14 PM

Thank You!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:14 PM
  • NO! IP is a different person! It's not cheesehead!

-- Posted by mandm96 on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:14 PM

Cheesehead and wheres the beef are the same person!

-- Posted by Haterade on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:15 PM

I am sideline starter, nd_fan_4_life,, TigerPride11, sportsfanatic, and The Rocket Boys Daddy and the squirrel at Busch Stadium. Why do you think people typically agree with what I post on here? Couldn't be because I use some logic and tend to take my biases out of the equation. No, it is just a pro-Sikeston board. Of course that is the reason. If we really need a pro-Sikeston board, a SikestonBall.com could be up in less than a week (Sorry, it isn't happening all you Sikeston haters out there, hah). And good to see Cheese is quitting when people disagree with him.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:17 PM
  • Just messing with ya cheese! IP actually is another poster on here. I think his/her name is IP FREELY.

-- Posted by mandm96 on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:17 PM

Cheese I actually LOL on that avatar!!!

AWESOME!!!

-- Posted by Haterade on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:20 PM

Bring me that rally squirrel, I heard that he is going to have press box seats if the Cards make it to the next round. All the nuts he wants, that's if they can somehow round them all up, first stop the Greyhound stop in Sikeston.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:36 PM

Hoops, I want to steal cheeses thunder, I just threw this together in photoshop...I think its a keeper.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 11:59 PM
  • Of all the ridiculous, immature threads ever created...this is, well, one of them.

Please stop. Don't post in this thread anymore unless you have something to say about the Charleston-Herculaneum game.

You all have managed to find a way to make posts that ruin the dialogue in the forums but don't technically break the rules. Very well done, but please quit. If I find people with multiple accounts using dialogue with themselves to stir stuff up rest assured I'll ban both accounts. I haven't seen that to date (including a few I just checked), but I know it's possible.

For now all the accusations are reading like "I know you are but what am I?" to me. Let's try to return to talking about football and stop pestering people to get your jollies. If it takes suspending people, I'll do it, but I really, really, really, really (really, really) don't want to have to mess with that.

Someone please declare a truce.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Oct 7, 2011, at 12:05 AM
  • I would have done been suspended

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Oct 7, 2011, at 12:11 AM

Truce? I have tried til I was blue in the face to keep my topics in line of what was started in the thread. There is ALWAYS someone starting stuff and I am sure not gonna sit back and let the cesspool deepen while there are no Caruthersville regulars except me and cheese here to defend our thoughts and opinions.

I went 3 days without stirring the pot, kept things in line and if you can dig through the top part of this thread it was certainly a discussable thread and we were doing just that but some Sikeston poster came on here and started crap.

I am not going to sit here and listen to it without being able to speak my mind as well. There are other sites such as wcmosports that has a forum from all of the good teams in the west central part of the state that I frequent just to get caught up on what is going on over there. They never have problems like this, even the strong rivals have respect for one another, all are respectable people.

I would like to just get on here and discuss sports, or anything else for that matter but it always turns into a ******* match, I do not have to come here or post, its just that this is about all that us people here in SEMO have.

Take it or leave this as a truce but if everyone else on here wants to talk sports without trying to be a smart a$$ all of the time I am down for it, if not I can definitely go somewhere else.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Oct 7, 2011, at 12:18 AM

I tried to have a truce with Rocketsbro but he just keeps on instigating. I will drop it and won't mention anything again. I just ask for his pot stirring to quit. I'll squash it all if they do!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 7, 2011, at 12:18 AM

There, both Caruthersville supporters on this site both agree to keep it in line.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Oct 7, 2011, at 12:23 AM
  • There aren't and can't be any winners in this kind of crap. I guess that's what I'm saying. Try as I might, I can't stop or even always immediately recognize the immaturity (since it builds with little, seemingly harmless comments over time).

I'm asking for those mature enough to please try to ignore the people who do the egging on and please continue to alert me to it. If no one is there to respond, the instigators can't instigate about silly little meaningless things.

Like I said, I'm at somewhat of a loss when it comes to stopping all of this since often no rules are being broken. That's why I'm asking for your help to get rid of the problem by not falling into the traps they lay and letting me know so I can see the patterns.

By all means, if anyone has any suggestions...I'm all ears.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Oct 7, 2011, at 12:32 AM
  • I'll talk sports, I've been trying not to say anything unless you say it to me first.

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Oct 7, 2011, at 12:42 AM
  • I feel progress being made. :)

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Oct 7, 2011, at 1:11 AM
  • I have to give Herky the edge in this one. They seem to have a little more fire power than Charleston this year. I expect this game to be within a touchdown or two.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Oct 7, 2011, at 7:54 AM
  • Sorry Rachel! I like cheesehead, so was just trying to razz him a little bit!

-- Posted by mandm96 on Fri, Oct 7, 2011, at 8:28 AM

I like the new addition to the name rocketsbro. It lets people know what they are getting into ahead of time.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Oct 7, 2011, at 2:37 PM

Oh boy!!!

as bearcat1forall says "y cannt we get alonge"

If I had to pick I would say Herky will win tonight!

I also feel that if Charleston is at full strength like week 2 against Sikeston they would have a great chance of winning! This Charleston team is so much better than they have been in the past.

Herky 26-21 Charleston

-- Posted by Haterade on Fri, Oct 7, 2011, at 3:06 PM

I am glad that I am one of the only 2 that picked Charleston. I do not know if Abate played or not but he is a big factor on both sides of the ball.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Sat, Oct 8, 2011, at 12:09 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: