Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Sikeston at Blytheville, AR

Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Dec 1, 2014, at 9:16 PM:

Sikeston opens tomorrow night (Tuesday, December 2, 2014) against the Blytheville Chickasaws. Blytheville has a new coach....the former men's head coach at UT Martin (Jason James). I fully expect Blytheville to be ready and provide a stout test for the Dogs. I think the Dogs may have a slight upper hand, but I fully expect a battle. Any one else have any thoughts on this game?

Replies (15)

I think Sikeston should take care of the Chicks. They won 66-29 at home last year. The Chicks are young with only 4 seniors. I think Sikeston will win by about 20.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 7:33 AM

The Bulldogs will be on the radio on KSIM 1400 AM tonight or at 1400KSIM.com

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 7:34 AM
  • SMI, where did you get the info on Blytheville? Thanks in advance for our help.

-- Posted by SHS59 on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 8:31 AM
  • Sikeston will win by 30+ in this game and against dexter Friday night. Next week is when it'll get interesting.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 10:33 AM
  • One of the sikeston tv broadcasters made a statement while attending riverbend that if you want to beat Sikeston better get them before jan..after that "no chance". Pretty bold statement seeing they play bulk of semo conf. Opponents after jan 1.

-- Posted by indian73 on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 11:25 AM
  • Of course anybody can say anything they want to before the season starts, everybody's an expert. Nobody expected us to go 30-0 in '11, i always get nervous when i start hearing grand expectations before one minute has been played.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 11:57 AM
  • You do know that their TV broadcaster is the biggest Bulldog fan in history? Maybe I'm crazy but there might be some slight bias there lol. I think you know better indian73 :)

I don't know who in their right mind would think Sikeston is untouchable before or after Christmas--certainly none of the players or coaches. They know how hard they will have to work just to get out of district play. What I do know is that they'll have kids that will keep working and keep improving as the year goes on. Whether that will be good enough to reach their goals remains to be seen.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 12:00 PM
  • semopoops just whot bukndog gonna be good this year Bucko? how does you evben now how good they will be bub? i bet you ujst hou you just know nuthin bout bball do ya Bucko? bet i coulde bet you one on one you wnats to play me semopops??

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 12:03 PM
  • Wow barekat, u are feelin it today bukko!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 12:12 PM
  • just whot are you tlakin bout cirinhhgungle17? u takin side with semopoops Bucko? wills play bothe of u fellers anwhere you want bub.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 12:34 PM
  • Bulldogs will also broadcast on 1520am/98.9fm or online at KRHW.com

-- Posted by trainhard on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 4:56 PM
  • Hope someone post scores of both games I'm at work

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 6:10 PM
  • I've been trying all the stations listed by several posters on here for the Sikeston v. Blytheville game and I am getting regular radio broadcast? Am I going to the wrong place?

-- Posted by ezlikesundaymorning on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 6:48 PM

28-22 Sikeston tfa

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 7:50 PM
  • Really? We looking bad or they looking good?

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 7:59 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: