Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Hillsboro vs Sikeston

Posted by BluejayBill on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 9:04 AM:

Does anyone know if this game will be available for viewing? I am sure local radio will have it but hoping to watch it somehow.

Replies (128)

• Apparently YHCTV.com will be carrying it, according to my well placed sources

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 9:19 AM
  • sikeston 15-20 they overall team is good!

-- Posted by bearcatbasketball999 on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 11:14 AM
  • Sikeston internet Radio??

-- Posted by hoopaholiczanon on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 7:37 PM

country legends, krhw

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 7:45 PM

so there's a link for the game on KRHW, but says they aren't broadcasting either. Maybe Civic Center is having issues

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 7:55 PM
  • We need someone at the game to give updates because none of the internet links are working

-- Posted by hoopaholiczanon on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 8:09 PM
  • -- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 8:09 PM
  • 33-25 at half. Sikeston

-- Posted by The Fan on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 8:14 PM
  • Thank you 7178! Listening now!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 8:29 PM

End of 3rd

Hawks 50

Bulldogs 45

-- Posted by FlyEaglesFly on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 8:35 PM

2:26 left in game

Sikeston 56

Hillsboro 53

-- Posted by FlyEaglesFly on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 8:51 PM

SIKESTON WINS!! 57-56

-- Posted by FlyEaglesFly on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 9:03 PM

Defense tightened up in that one. Hillsboro only had one field goal in the 4th quarter.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 9:09 PM
  • Sikeston tried to give it to Hillsboro by missing FT’s....probably be playing st Mary’s next round... they’re up 10 over Vashon middle 3rd.

-- Posted by indian73 on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 9:14 PM

Sikeston D stepped up when it counted. Sounded like Sikeston made FT all night until the end, but it was enough.

Get ready for St. Mary's, they're making Vashon look like an average team right now.

Link: http://www.citylinktv.com/channel/st-louis-prepcasts-tv-1/

-- Posted by secretagentman on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 9:17 PM

St. Mary's hasn't been overly impressive either tonight

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 9:29 PM

69-52 St. Mary's with around 5:00+ to go.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 9:43 PM

71-54 St. Mary's with 4:28 to go.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 9:45 PM

What's impressive is flirting with a 20 point lead against Vashon in the state playoffs.

-- Posted by secretagentman on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 9:48 PM

SM by 13 with under 2:25 to go.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 9:55 PM

83-70 SM wins it.

-- Posted by secretagentman on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 10:02 PM

83-70 St Mary’s

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 10:02 PM

Southsiders take down Vashon, 83-70.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 10:03 PM
  • Never can tell when games will be closer than expected. In another sectional tonight, Logan-Rogersville barely defeated Carl Junction (11-15) 44-43!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 10:04 PM

Pretty sloppy at times, but Saint Mary's will take it. First time in last four years their season not ended by Vashon.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 10:11 PM
  • St. Mary’s is a very impressive group. They are extremely deep, athletic, and well coached. They present a tough matchup for anyone in the state regardless of class. Best of luck to Sikeston on Saturday. I’ll be rooting for the Dogs.

-- Posted by gerardo on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 10:16 PM
  • Let’s not forget Hillsboro missed 4 free throws in the last 5 minutes. You can say they gave it away. Anytime thatch drove the lane, it was a foul on Hillsboro. Except maybe once or twice. Sikeston is very fast. But thatch was the difference in this game. 25-26 points I’m guessing. Isaacson on Hillsboro made them such a better team than what I seen in December.

-- Posted by Observer24 on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 11:03 PM
  • Just spoke to someone who saw this game....neutral observer...said officials were definitely one sided for Sikeston. Whether that was on purpose or just the way the game was called...he said he felt different officials and Hillsboro wins.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 11:23 PM
  • Considering Hillsboro had fouls to give in order to put Sikeston on the line for 1 and 1 in the 4th says that your neutral observer is full of crap.

-- Posted by T-Roll on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 11:26 PM
  • And if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.

-- Posted by T-Roll on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 11:27 PM

St. Mary's being up by 20 on Vashon is impressive in itself, however against THIS Vashon team was not as impressive. St. Mary's is no doubt quick and Collins can handle it with the best of them, not taking anything away from anyone on that end.

The officials?!

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 11:31 PM
  • Sikeston ranked #1 in class 4 should make them the favorite vs St Mary’s! Right!

-- Posted by indian73 on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 11:37 PM
  • Sikeston by 15.....

-- Posted by indian73 on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 11:38 PM
  • St.Mary’s 85 Sikeston 67

-- Posted by Highschoolsports on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 11:41 PM
  • It's a shame they have to play each other in the quarterfinal, rather than facing in the Final Four.

-- Posted by hoopaholiczanon on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 11:52 PM

Indian73...that’s too much logic.

According to semoball pros, St. Mary’s schedule was much tougher and makes them the favorite

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 11:58 PM
  • St. Mary's 86, Sikeston 65. These Southsiders are pretty dang good. A lot faster than Sikeston play really good defense, great ball pressure, switching defenses on the fly, great point guard, (Collins) rebounding edge, and mostly seniors. I think the State Championship was played tonight..

-- Posted by country-dude on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 1:36 AM
  • Anytime there is a close game, refs will get the blame. That said, 2/3 of those refs don’t exactly have a good reputation for being good or even average around here. They weren’t exactly good tonight. Hillsboro did have turnovers that sikeston took advantage of in the early going. Sikeston has a good defense. That bold prediction of sikeston by 15 isn’t going to happen. Sikeston is good, but outside of Thatch, I didn’t see anyone impressing me with mid-range or long range shooting. I can only recall one 3 by another player on sikeston. I’m sure there Had to of been a couple more. My lord though sikeston can jump for days

-- Posted by Observer24 on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 3:26 AM
  • Though I will be rooting for them sikeston will have to play better than they have last 2 games to beat st. Mary's.

-- Posted by Sharon peters on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 4:40 AM
  • 3rd qtr about doomed us, how many times did they throw to a teammate that wasn’t there? Like 3 times in a row? Also if you’re under the goal go up with it, don’t put it on the floor they are either going to tie you up or steal it from you. I thought The refs were decent they missed calls both ways but not a lot. Saturday they are going to have to be almost perfect.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 4:41 AM
  • Great HS basketball game. Calls missed both ways. The Sikeston Fan/Parent who sat immediately behind the Hillsboro bench and heckled the players could have stayed home. They sat a police woman next to him and that quieted him down some. He was ingenious though, must have gotten my nephew's name from the program. Sikeston was the better team last night, could have went either way.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 4:50 AM
  • Both teams tried to give it away in last 3 minutes. Refs were fair. How can you have a 6'8" D I recruit and not post him up once? He spent 90% of time 25 feet from the basket. Saw once he had a 5'11" player guarding him, he started to post up, but decided to pop out on the wing instead. doesn't make good sense. Out of bounds play with 1.7 seconds left and he's throwing the ball inbounds. Geez!!

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 6:08 AM

I say st Mary’s by 15

-- Posted by The WizKid on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 6:23 AM

For what it’s worth, Charleston was a common opponent. St. Mary’s beat the Jays by double digits at Charleston and made the Jays look like a JV unit at times. Dawgs will need their A game in this one.

-- Posted by birdfan on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 6:35 AM
  • St Mary’s is the favorite.

St Mary’s 85-70

-- Posted by sm0723 on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 7:24 AM
  • St Mary’s will beat Sikeston on Saturday.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 7:55 AM
  • Thinking same, hoping it's a good game. Dexter's girls may finally be tested vs. Miller Magnet for Athletes High School.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 7:59 AM

Personally, I think Sikeston has a pretty good chance, but

I may be biased so whatever. However, Sikeston won't lose by double digits.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 8:04 AM
  • Sikeston has a chance against anybody in the state. Dexter can win if they rebound, they had a hard time on the boards against NC.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 8:24 AM

Also, regarding St Mary's depth earlier...I think they only went like 7 deep

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 8:29 AM
  • I have seen St. Mary's and Vashon play this year. I believe St. Mary's is the best team in the state, not just in their class. I would put money on them against any Class 5 team. I thought Vashon was very good, as they beat Webster Groves, but St. Mary's is loaded.

It will be hard for Sikeston to stay close vs. St. Mary's, as they have too many horses to contend with.

-- Posted by Slammer on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 8:38 AM
  • Sikeston better not allow Collins to guard whoever brings the ball down or they will struggle getting into their offense. He'll be the best on the ball defender that they have seen all year.

Thatch will likely need to bring the ball quite a bit to relieve pressure because he's the only person who is a matchup problem for St Mary's.

IF Thatch scores 35+ then Sikeston can pull off the upset, but otherwise it's St Mary's by double digits.

The rest of Sikeston will have trouble scoring because only Thatch can create his own shot, while the rest rely on living off Thatch or transition. The issue is that St Mary's is quicker and more athletic at every position outside of Thatch.

-- Posted by CalPreps on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 8:52 AM
  • I also should say that Sikeston could still pull the upset even if Thatch doesn't go off if they shoot an extremely high percentage from 3 because that's always possible, but the way they have been shooting here lately leads me to believe that this won't be the case.

-- Posted by CalPreps on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 8:53 AM

Charleston v Vashon. 92-21 Vashon

Charleston v St. Mary's. 75-58 St. Mary's

Charleston v Sikeston. 86-82 Charleston

St. Mary's v Vashon. 83-70 St. Mary's

Sikeston v St. Mary's will be a good one. Anything can happen this time of the year!

-- Posted by FlyEaglesFly on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 8:54 AM

92-91* eyesight must be failing me. lol

-- Posted by FlyEaglesFly on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 8:56 AM

Sikeston and St. Mary's each also played Chaminade. Chaminade beat St. Mary's once on a neutral floor and St. Mary's beat Chaminade in one of their only home games of the year. Which St. Mary's team will show up?

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 9:37 AM
  • The same Chaminade that beat Sikeston at Sikeston.

-- Posted by CalPreps on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 10:29 AM
  • Bogey Dexter may well get tested but Miller struggled to beat Poplar Bluff in OT. They are quick but they'll have to be much better Saturday than were at P.B. if they want to move on.

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 10:36 AM
  • Dexter should beat Miller.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 10:50 AM
  • St. Mary's will be tough and the best team I've seen. Sikeston will need a lot of fans and students because st. Mary's student section is one of the loudest and they have a lot of them. Sikeston may need to play their A game but anything can happen, Vashon was the favorite the last 2 years and we took them to overtime and had them beat at half time last year, but gave it away in the second half so it will be a good one and a lot faster paced then the last 2 games. I say if Thatch shoots like he has been then we have a shot and Trey can't get in foul trouble or it will be a long night sine St. Mary's has only 2 players under 6 feet.

-- Posted by Chaka34 on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 12:31 PM

I’d say the first order of business is to keep the Dragons’ PG, Yuri Collins, under control. If he gets going and St. Mary’s starts running up and down the floor, the points can pile up in a hurry. Chaminade didn’t take care of the ball and let them run in their second meeting, and got blitzed by 42 points on the road. Collins had 28 points and 6 steals. (Chaminade won the first game on a neutral court by 20.)

Duchesne, a good but not great team, kept St. Mary’s under control in both games they played. Didn’t let them run and made St. Mary’s try to beat them in the half court. SM has a few guys who can hit the 3, but all have been pretty inconsistent. Duchesne won the first game by 11. Held Collins to 2 assists, and St. Mary’s went 6 for 29 from 3. In the second game, at St. Mary’s, SM won in OT but managed just 45 points in regulation. Hit just 3 of 17 3-pointers.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 1:42 PM
  • This won’t be close...not even a little

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 1:44 PM
  • Guess we'll find out Saturday.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 1:56 PM
  • They say you have to be lucky and good to win a state championship... I’d say Sikeston used their luck part in wins vs Cape Central and Hillsboro...now they have to be good rest of the way!

-- Posted by indian73 on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 2:11 PM
  • I was kinda being sarcastic in my prior post about Sikeston by 15 vs St Marys....because of their “#1” ranking.

-- Posted by indian73 on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 2:13 PM
  • I'm not sure what "luck" we had in those two games. It didn't seem to me like we caught a break all night in either one. We were GOOD enough to win those games while not having our best shooting nights. I'm ready for some "luck" to fall our way now.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 2:18 PM
  • Well, Hillsboro missed a ton of easy shots along with several free throws at the end of game and Cape missed an open layup near the very end of the game that would have taken the lead with just seconds left.

Both those were very lucky breaks.

Sikeston won because of Thatch taking over in both games in the 4th quarters.

-- Posted by CalPreps on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 2:39 PM
  • You are going to defend those remarks by saying Sikeston missed some easy ones too, which I will completely agree. However, the point was to show what "luck" happened in Sikeston's favor because you seemed like that was an outrageous concept that Sikeston experienced any "luck" at all.

-- Posted by CalPreps on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 2:43 PM
  • Most of the time in a one point game with seconds left and ball bouncing all over the place the team that eventually wins is somewhat lucky!

-- Posted by indian73 on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 2:44 PM
  • Against Cape the open layup missed was actually a blocked shot by Jenkins. He got a hand on it. Then he got a hand on the second rebound attempt after Thatch was clocked by Parker (no call). Thatch popped back up to rebound that miss. It's all on film. No luck. Just battling for their life to win along with Jenkins skill and timing to stop the "open layup."

Against Hillsboro, I'm not sure what you're talking about with a "ton of easy shots" at the end of the game. I was there and have watched the film. Yes a poor free throw shooter missed three free throws in the fourth and I guess that's "lucky" on our part, but we missed two huge front ends of 1-and-1 FT so that kind of evens out.

I agree with your final statement that Thatch took over in the fourth quarter.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 2:48 PM
  • Oh and the layup attempt that Jenkins blocked was set up by the most inexplicable thing I may have ever seen when Thatch stole the ball, turned around for a game-sealing break away layup only to have the ref standing right in the way, the ball bounces off the ref's foot and ricochets the opposite direction for a Cape fastbreak. I would call that incredible BAD luck lol. I have never seen that with the game on the line in my life. Fortunately Sikeston hustled back to save the season. It wasn't miraculous luck of Cape missing open layups. Go watch the film.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 2:58 PM
  • It didn't appear that Jenkins got a hand on that, so I'll concede that point to you.

The second point was that I said they missed easy shots, which was supposed to pertain to the entire game because their coaching staff completely blew that game by not having their 6'8" down in the post. That's a different subject all together.

The bad free throw shooter still missed free throws and I agree Thatch missed a couple so that evens out.

-- Posted by CalPreps on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 3:00 PM
  • I just watched the game and I hope Sikeston plays better next game or instead of just a loss it will be a butt kicking.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 3:18 PM
  • Semohoops I could care less bout watching film of Sikeston games... or any other high school game...okay..I give up.... Sikeston was not lucky in last 2 games...but probably this next one they’re gonna need some of this luck I’m talking about! U think?

-- Posted by indian73 on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 3:35 PM
  • We'll take all help we can get! It may not be enough if they're as good as everybody says. We'll see Saturday.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 3:48 PM
  • Great game last night. Surprised no one has mentioned Hillsboro's two late game inbounds plays under their own basket. With Issacson having fouled out of the game, what on earth is Pinkley inbounding the ball with 1.2 seconds to go??? Its not like he's gonna get a return pass with so little time on the clock.

Those 2 inbound plays that resulted in 2 turnovers were ghastly and cost Hillsboro the game.

-- Posted by earnedit on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 3:56 PM
  • Hillsboro has two inbound players. You either get the tallest or the shortest. At 5'7" they didn't think that height would cut it. Sikeston can jump..they figured 6'8" would have a better view.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 4:00 PM

All Hail Sikeston! The team that has won its last two games by 2 points (combined) and has had ZERO luck!!

That’s gotta be a record somewhere.

-- Posted by FlyEaglesFly on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 4:08 PM
  • A couple things that I have noticed about the posts. "Sikeston missed a bunch of free throws" they missed 3 in the game.

"The 6'8" player played outside" in reading the St. Louis Post about Hillsboro they said "He likes to play guard" so not a surprise to me.

He inbounded the ball at the end of the game. My thought was it was a play designed for him to get the ball back under the goal without any defender.

My thoughts about the outcome. "We are playing again Sat."

-- Posted by SHS59 on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 4:12 PM
  • Some of you people act like Sikeston doesn’t know they have a big battle and have to play exceptionally well. Pretty sure they know. F.O.P I’m sorry that your nephew had to put up with a rude fan if it was an adult he should of known better. I have no clue why people aren’t rooting for the team from their area to succeed. I was yelling for Dexter girls. I’m hoping Charleston and Hayti win state. So many Sikeston haters how sad

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 4:47 PM
  • TFA, most people north of Perryville don’t associate themselves with being from SEMO. When it comes down to it, the are just trolls on our site. If you do actually live in SEMO and you root against SEMO teams, you are probably still butthurt that you got your read end handed to you at some point in the season. Either way, it is sad.

-- Posted by T-Roll on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 5:13 PM
  • I'm sure you make a good argument T-ROll but it isn't always the case. Good luck to all the SEMO teams moving forward. Originally from the dirty boot keeps me grounded and humble. Growing up we thought anyone north of Sikeston talked funny. I would love to see some state championships come your way...even a few football titles would be nice. See you Saturday?

-- Posted by F.O.P on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 5:25 PM
  • What I noticed in the Hillsboro- Sikeston game were :

1. Refs let the young men play the first 2 quarters , unless it were obvious . ( I agree ) it’s a play off game .

2. The last half , the refs called it tight .Now the teams don’t know what to do . All in all a great game by both teams .

I have a question to those that were there . How did he ( if he did ) lose a tooth

-- Posted by A fan of no fan on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 6:07 PM

Yeah I'm not so sure about us having any "luck" in the 4th quarter last night. Defense stepped up and made plays, locked them down defensively. Hillsboro had one FG in the 4th quarter. A bad free throw shooter missed free throws. But I guess in winning by 1, we had to have luck somewhere along the way.

I will echo the thoughts on the Cape game earlier in I did not realize Jenkins got a hand on it after the completely inexplicable placement of the ref. Looked like that was our luck. However, if it is on film and there were 2 missed open lay ups...I'd say Jenkins probably did alter them. Takes some luck away.

Looking forward to Saturday.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 6:26 PM

Oh, and all hail St. Mary's and Yuri Collins. I'm surprised MSHSAA is even making the rest of the playoffs be played. Sounds like the Dragons have it in the bag.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 6:26 PM
  • If I were you bulldog I’d save the gas money and hit up Lambert’s

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 6:32 PM
  • I would rather “waste” my gas money to see St Mary’s play since they are like awesome and since we are lucky you never know.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 6:38 PM
  • TFA

I can't speak for all but I myself am not a sikeston hater. I hope they win the game, I hope they win state. I am rooting for them. BUT, by looking at both teams I understand that sikeston is not very favoured for this game. They have won 2 games by the skin of their teeth to get here and I don't think that type of play will suffice against st. Mary's. That's just my opinion though, everyone's entitled to one.

-- Posted by Sharon peters on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 7:10 PM

A long time ago, some ole boy told me he was gonna whip me. I told him that I wasn’t going to take his word for it & he would have to prove it. Guy was bigger and was known for being pretty tough. I was the “underdog.”

Well folks, there’s a reason the games are played. If we just took everybody’s word for it, the stories wouldn’t be as interesting. Good Luck to Sikeston.

FWIW the dude proved it. Wish I had just taken his word for it.

-- Posted by secretagentman on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 7:29 PM
  • Hahaha

-- Posted by Sharon peters on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 7:48 PM
  • Fan of no Fan...He did loose the tooth. Going for a ball at the Hillsboro end with a couple minutes left to play.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 9:00 PM

Farmington Civic Center is known for causing lost teeth...not surprised.

Coachken if I were you I'd pay the money and attend the game. You might see something miraculous.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 10:35 PM
  • TFA, maybe the reason there's so many Sikeston "haters" is because their student section and their adult fans are so obnoxious. I have witnessed this in the past and especially at the game in Dexter, it was unbelievable! I honestly couldn't believe the trash talk coming out of adult mouths regarding players from Cape! To the big guy yelling directly behind the Central players saying they can't handle the pressure, really? That was uncalled for considering Sikeston won by one point. And from reading through the comments here it was another adult from Sikeston making remarks to players on the Hillsboro team once again, so much so an officer needed to be close!

-- Posted by mytigerroars on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 11:58 PM
  • Just like the last three years Sikes has made it to the quarters, we dont hear from YMCA girls volleyball Coachbarbie until we meet a team that is favored to beat us. Well played Coachbarbie, well played. I knew you were sitting there in ur parents basement just waiting for us to go up against the Dragons!!

Like death and taxes i reckon...

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 12:19 AM
  • And the least u could do is stop using the exact same insults year after year. Haters.com is a good website for u to surf in order to come up with different insults, ya dont wanna get stale, ya know..

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 12:38 AM
  • My tigers roar...it was a big guy yelling at our players also. Any clue whom he may be? Some of the Sikeston followers were embarrassed by his actions but most near found him to be funny. He even confronted members of the student body going to the restroom.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 4:40 AM
  • My Tigers roar...You said it well. It's tough to admire a team when it's followers act unadmirable. Unfortunately it's a common occurrence in our day and age. I saw Parents heckle opposing players and 40 something's scream at referees. We watch a game most didn't play and act as if we are sports czars. Let them play the game....let us watch.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 4:52 AM
  • You can’t judge a whole section by 1 dumbbutt or his friends. The student sections say what every section says now the PB and Dexter said something to one of our players and our crew retaliated and what I heard Dexter adults said to PB players they should be the most hated but I guess Since they didn’t get this far it’s good. I hear Lots of people yelling at the refs every game from all sides but that’s ok we are used to it. 😀🙄

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 6:34 AM
  • Calling people names....seems Sikeston fans are good at that. Have fun with that beating In a few days bigggins.

-- Posted by Coachken on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 7:46 AM
  • Sikeston will get there’s this Saturday. The only “calling” going on will be St Mary’s calling Springfield to book their hotel rooms.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 8:23 AM
  • Ya are some sad people.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 8:32 AM
  • Coach ken, this hatred for Sikeston is some type of deep hatred. It’s one thing to make your prediction, but you seem to make it a personal vendetta to try and make Sikeston sound woeful. I’m sure Coach Holifield and his players would more than welcome you to the Fieldhouse this afternoons practice to let you convey your personal hatred for them. Tell them how bad they are, how they have no chance against St. Mary’s, how their basketball program is just in shambles. Mainly just let those young men know with all of your vast knowledge of Sikeston Basketball and it’s history and accomplishments, that they have no business even playing the game Saturday. Whether you are a coach,was a coach or just plain wish you had the “Cahones” to be one, should be ashamed to downtrodden some hard working kids who have worked their butts off everyday to get to this point. Honestly they could care less of what you think or say. They have always had to fight for everything they have earned. Win or lose they won’t look your way for approval or disdain, they will hold their heads high and St Mary’s will know they were in a battle. These kids play for their families, school and community. Now unless you have it in you to make the trip down today, refrain from the jabs at them. Sikeston will come in waves Saturday to cheer, to show our towns passion and to protect our teams efforts,win or lose. If you insist on your hatred make sure to wear a shirt with coach ken on it. Good luck with it. Sikeston fans will greet you like you have never seen. For you have attacked a town not just a message board. We are Sikeston!

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 9:08 AM
  • Dont give him too much attention folks, he sits on his computer all season ripping on teams up north until there none left to rip upon. Then Sikeston plays Vashon or St Mary’s and he spews his vitriol upon us poor humble dawgfans down south, O woe is us!

We dawgfans apologize for the ridiculous heckler fan, he shouldve been removed from the premises.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 9:22 AM

Best of luck to Sikeston on Saturday. St. Mary's is a very good club, they've paid their dues, and this very well may be their year. But they are not invincible.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 2:26 PM
  • I recall seeing that guy yelling at the Hillsboro team. I’m sure sikeston fans were embarrassed by him. I personally wouldn’t want to even be around the guy. I’ll still go to this game regardless of their fans. I just want to see good basketball.

-- Posted by Observer24 on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 3:47 PM
  • All that for letting ya know to save gas and head to Lambert’s......whewww

-- Posted by Coachken on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 4:17 PM
  • It will be great basketball, both are great teams. Good luck to Sikeston and be safe in your travels. The game is sold out online but there are tickets available at the gate. We've got a few good restaurants, 3 gas stations...with as many wineries..we have more wineries than gas stations. Russell house is fine eating as well as the courthouse grill. See you Saturday and good luck.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 6:17 PM
  • Didn’t know that u could buy tickets online. Does anyone know if the school is selling any? (Sikeston)

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 6:53 PM
  • I assume you didn’t make the trip Kenny boy? Shame. I bet that meeting wouldn’t have ended the way you planned anyway. Lol. Keep trolling.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 7:04 PM
  • Showing up at a high school...seems like a logical thing to do. Keep yelling biggin and enjoy the show St Mary’s puts on ya Saturday.

-- Posted by Coachken on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 8:56 PM
  • TFA...I will check. Apparently they have 900 for sale at the gate.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 5:07 AM

Everybody hates the team that always beats them...

Why do you think the Yankees and Patriots are so hated?

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 12:01 PM
  • Yeah I don't buy the "I don't like them because their fans are obnoxious." Every school has obnoxious fans. Show me a school whose fans haven't done something obnoxious. I'd say the main reason is the success. Sikeston has accomplished and continues to accomplish things that other teams want. It makes you envious and therefore dislike them.

You want to talk about over the top fans, how about Poplar Bluff's fans running onto the court after losing to Sikeston and spitting and stomping on the halfcourt Bulldog. They had to be run out of there by the police, including one who described himself as a board member. I can see how this behavior would sway you to dislike somebody.

-- Posted by T-Roll on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 1:36 PM
  • All this talk about the sorry Sikeston fans and student body guess Those Tiger fans forgot about one of the cheerleading coaches Husband getting thrown out and flipping off all of the Sikeston crowd.And it sure seemed funny what those Hillsboro fans where calling our kids. But thats what happens when you get beat.

-- Posted by Brutus Beefcake on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 1:37 PM
  • Brutus... Hillsboro fans calling your athletes names? Wouldn't know about a cheerleaders coaches husband from another school but I would know about the Hillsboro game. Hillsboro fans didn't call your players names. You've got an impressive team and are well respected for there accomplishments. It's hard enough getting our fanbase involved, clapping is usually all you get. Our AD monitors the games closely and doesn't tolerate poor sportsmanship from the stands.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 2:06 PM
  • Our only concern was the gentleman that was addressing our athletes by name sitting directly behind our bench. A police officer was brought in to sit between him and the bench. We think it's great you've got such a loyal following. One person, not the entire Sikeston crowd. Addressing is a mild term. The large Gentleman, a Brutus type.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 2:13 PM
  • T-ROll...I agree we all have them. Hope you have a great game on Saturday.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 2:16 PM
  • FOP, the situation you refer to with that fan has been dealt with I'm told. He is negative not just to your players, but Sikeston's players as well. Everybody knows who you're talking about and they are sick of it. That sort of behavior is not tolerated and certainly a few bad apples don't speak for the entire Bulldog nation. I wonder if Poplar Bluff’s administration addressed their fans spitting on the Sikeston court?

The Sikeston fans and team have a TON of respect for Hillsboro.

Thank you for the well wishes.

-- Posted by T-Roll on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 2:32 PM
  • I do know as I was leaving the racist comment that one of your fans said to the cop about our team and fans. I do know who you are talking about and yes he is loud and an idiot at all of our games. Wouldn't bother most of The Bulldog fans if ever came back to another game. Yes all teams have idiot fans, even Hillsboro

-- Posted by Brutus Beefcake on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 2:53 PM

Yeah don’t let that one fan be the image of Sikeston fans. I’ve seen him complain about our players and especially our coaches. Not an accurate representation of most Sikeston fans

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 3:19 PM
  • Brutus..good luck to you and yours. I'm hearing you say one of the Hillsboro fans made a racist remark to a police officer at the game? I apologise for the actions of one. I only recall a few officers being there, it is there obligation to report such things at MSHSAA events. Did you overhear the conversation or is it second hand information? If so was it an adult or student? I question the validity of it unless you heard it. Shame on the officer and whomever heard it for not telling our administrators if it was a student. Good luck to them DAWGS, love seeing them boothill teams go deep.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 3:31 PM
  • Bulldog 21 forever..he's not. Good luck to the DAWGS!

-- Posted by F.O.P on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 3:32 PM
  • The Hawks are proud to be a part of SEMO and wish you all the best!

-- Posted by F.O.P on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 3:37 PM
  • I did hear it as I was passing by. I believe the officer was just listening to the guy. I know you cannot judge a crowd bye one person so please don't judge us on ours. Some people think the big bald guy is funny but most of us thinks he is ignorant. Sorry for him, not all Bulldogs act like that

-- Posted by Brutus Beefcake on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 3:38 PM
  • Brutus..you said it well. The Bald guy! You are not judged but admired for your following. There has always been something special about SEMO basketball and the fans. I remember going to games years ago and it seemed like every visiting fan was a farmer and wearing a hat. Huge numbers and the pride of representing a community. I believe your Head coach played on one of those teams, early 80s Senath lion. They had more people at the games than they had in the whole town. Give them heck on Saturday and represent SEMO!

-- Posted by F.O.P on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 3:51 PM
  • So the bald guy, does he always sit behind the opposing team bench?? I’m going to have to see this person. Guess I need To stop sitting on top row all the time to see what’s going on down below usually I’m too interested in the game.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 5:10 PM
  • I'm hearing he does. If your sitting on the opposite side he's the only thing you see when you look at your teams bench. Practically in the huddle with hands clasped in the megaphone shape yelling at your boys. I could understand why Sikeston fans would be tired of his antics. We only delt with him one game, he's there at all your games. It was good to hear your fans speak out against him also. I did see a few of your players looking at him during the game. They seemed embarrassed by his actions also.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 6:02 PM
  • It's very unfortunate for the DAWGS. We as opposing teams are getting to see one of the best Highschool teams in the state and you leave there thinking of the thug in the stands. Not the smoothness of the shooting or your ability to jump out of the gym.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Fri, Mar 9, 2018, at 6:05 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: