Semoball

High School Football Forum: LIVE updates from Cape Central-Webb City game

Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:28 PM:

Kickoff is almost here. We'll use this thread for in-game updates and discussion.

Replies (74)

• Central's Dennis Vinson picked off on third and long on the Tigers' first possession. Webb City on the 35.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:34 PM
  • Webb City going for it on fourth down inside the 5

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:38 PM
  • Webb City gets the first down and is at the 1 with first-and-goal

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:38 PM
  • Webb city scores already

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:39 PM
  • Cardinals up 8-0

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:40 PM
  • Touchdown Webb City. Cape penalty on the extra point. Webb City fakes a kick and throws for two. 8-0 Webb City in the first.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:40 PM
  • We'll see if Central can move the ball. Didn't get to see much on first possession. Obviously not the start the Tigers wanted, but they have a history of coming back from bad starts this season.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:42 PM

Cape will not be able to move the ball very much today. Will be lucky to score. Webb City's defense is top notch boy they are fast.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:45 PM
  • Card's dcore again 15-0

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:47 PM
  • Webb city is the real deal on both ends

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:48 PM
  • Still a lot of time left

-- Posted by CapeTiger20 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:49 PM

Pick Six for Webb.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:51 PM
  • Cape Central is in for a long day.. Well they ended up having a heck of a season! Maybe the can pull this one out...

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:51 PM
  • 22-0 getting out of hand

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:52 PM

22-0 Webb City. Still in 1st

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:52 PM
  • 22-0 getting out of hand

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:53 PM
  • My computer froze as I tried to type that Central went three-and-out and lost five yards on its second possession. Webb City scored before I could restart. Thanks for updating, everyone.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:53 PM
  • Thinking Cape doesn't need to throw too much just run it might work on these guys

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:53 PM
  • Wow!

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:53 PM
  • And then they scored again before I could post that. Wow.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:54 PM
  • Told y'all. Could be in the 70s if Webb City wants it to be. That part of the state is on another level.

-- Posted by mutigers77 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:55 PM
  • Could someone summarize? All I'm getting from this is "Wow." And Webb is scoring quickly.

-- Posted by pigdog on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:57 PM

Nothing to summarize. Cape can't run the ball or throw the ball against their defense. Cape has 2 INTS, one for a TD, and a blocked punt. Cape's defense hasn't stopped Webb City yet. Pretty much Webb is doing what they want.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:58 PM
  • Running is not getting them anywhere either

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 1:58 PM
  • Fixing to score again

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:00 PM
  • Cape Central was in the game.. until they stepped onto the field.. lol (sorry couldn't resist)

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:00 PM
  • Webb City scores on fourth down. 29-0 Webb City with 7:35 left in the first half.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:05 PM
  • Central fumbled twice but recovered twice on the kickoff. That kind of day so far.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:06 PM
  • Cape central had an unbelievable season but webb city is like 57-1 in their last 58 games

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:13 PM

Do Cape kids lift? They look like they don't.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:16 PM
  • Agreed, yaeger.

Webb City with another methodical drive, this time from about the 50. 36-0 Webb City.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:17 PM
  • I don't think cape has stopped them yet

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:18 PM
  • Of course they lift. Silly question to ask based on one half against the state's best team. You don't get to the state semis in any class without some work off the field and in the weigh room.

1:42 left in the first half.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:19 PM

I'm not talking about the score, just their physical appearance.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:22 PM
  • Well, yes. They lift.

Webb City leads 36-0 at halftime.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:29 PM
  • How did they make it his far? Soft schedule and playoffs on the East side. Cape's schedule did nothing to prepare them for the likes of Webb City. Over-matched in every way. There's more cheerleaders on the sideline then there is players on the bench. Webb is just doing whatever they want. Scary thing is, Webb isn't playing that great. Schedule is a big key. Look at JB. They are getting shut out by another SWMO team 19-0. I've seen Seneca play. They are good, but not that good and JB is supposed to be the best team no question in Class 3.

-- Posted by wcguy3001 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:30 PM
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tool bag

-- Posted by Champ Kind on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:34 PM

"...JB is supposed to be the best team in Class 3."

I disagree. I think Maryville is.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:35 PM

He's not being insulting, Champ Kind. He's speaking the truth. I think history and facts will back those assertions.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:36 PM
  • ^^^^^^^^^

Another Tool

-- Posted by Champ Kind on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:40 PM

Sorry, Champ. We'll keep the analysis and opinions to "Good season, Central."

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:43 PM
  • I don't really think that there is very much that any school could do to prepare for webb city

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:45 PM
  • Its not like webb city is just having a good year they are like this every year

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:47 PM
  • That's what I was thinking

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:47 PM

There is. But you better be pretty dang good.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:48 PM
  • You give these kids 1 week to prepare for Webb city after a very emotional win and they are getting beat bad. Webb City is 57-1 in their last 58, it happens. The kids had a great season. No reason to say they played no one. You can only play who steps on the field agianst you. There is a reason Webb has won 11 state titles. To come over here and rag on this team because you're winning big is stupid. Great season tigers. We are all proud!

-- Posted by bench warmer on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:51 PM
  • The West side of the State has a better chance to beat Webb than the East just because of the fact football is better over here. Webb 43 Central 0

-- Posted by wcguy3001 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:51 PM
  • And the fact is they haven't. Go back to watching the game, no reason to rag on Central.

-- Posted by bench warmer on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 2:57 PM
  • I'm not ragging. Pointing out the disparity on the East side compared to the West. That's all. This new MSHSAA alignment is ridiculous.

-- Posted by wcguy3001 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:01 PM
  • I think wcguy3001 is forgetting about all the Stl schools that are so good eah year and they play in tougher divisions Class 5A and 6A... Granted WC is the Class of 4A so my hats off to them.. but don't rag on Cape because your winning so bad.. (I'm not a Cape fan either, I'm a Jackson Alum). My question to you is why are you on a website that's for the East side of the state??

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:01 PM
  • Score update?

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:02 PM
  • What Class 5 and Class 6 teams are still in it? Again, KC CLass 5 and 6 is much better.

-- Posted by wcguy3001 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:04 PM
  • Webb City 46 Cape Central 0

-- Posted by wcguy3001 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:05 PM

Good season, Central.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:06 PM
  • Ok your point is taken. Again why are you on this site talking about all of this.

-- Posted by bench warmer on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:07 PM
  • Parkway Central for one who will win Class 5A.. and then in Class 6A out of the Final 8, 6 of them were St. Louis schools. Granted.. Columbia Rock Bridge who is playing for the Class 6A title against the #25 Best team in the NATION Blue Springs... But let's not forget about Valle-Catholic who dominates pretty much every year in Class 1A and there a small private school on the East side..

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:15 PM
  • What a beating.

-- Posted by MarionMorrison on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:16 PM

Lee's Summit West will win Class 5.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:23 PM

We got the east side in basketball

-- Posted by B&RBasketball on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:26 PM
  • ^ agreed.. the East side dominates every year in basketball.. hands down!!

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:29 PM
  • Oh and baseball....

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:29 PM

And volleyball. And soccer.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:34 PM

And lacrosse.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:35 PM
  • I was very impressed with the fan support that Cape Central had. For such a long trip, there were a lot more fans that we get from some of the local teams. Congratulations on a great year. I really feel like the emotional win last week coupled with hype and mystery of playing a team that you never get to see, put you guys at a real disadvantage. It's just so hard to prepare for an offensive system that you never see. You can try to duplicate it in practice, but never at the speed that you'll see it in the game. Once again, nice season and I hope we get to see each other next year.

-- Posted by csnandy on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 4:22 PM
  • CS---the hospitality was great. Hope you guys win it all again. I was talking to some of the dads and they thought you all might be class 5 next year?

-- Posted by crackerjack on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 4:48 PM

Great season Cape C. Tigers & Tiger fans. Y'all represented the area well. People will be talking about this Tiger team for a long time; it is part of our football history now...hey, remember that 2,000 yard rusher from Cape that had that winning touchdown against that big city school from STL?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 5:05 PM
  • footballfan29---at least we stepped onto the field this week(sorry couldn't resist)! But for real---cudos to Cape, Jackson, Caruthersville and Valle! Thought it was great representation from SEMO!!! Hope Webb City takes it, good luck!

-- Posted by Tigerguy on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 5:28 PM
  • For the record the east side of the state is superior to the left side in sports especially basketball, and dont be surprised if Hazelwood Central gives Blue Springs a good run, bring on basketball.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 5:38 PM
  • For the record the east side of the state is superior to the left side in sports especially basketball, and dont be surprised if Hazelwood Central gives Blue Springs a good run, bring on basketball.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 5:38 PM
  • Scott,

Hazelwood Central will be watching Blue Springs from their couch.

-- Posted by Champ Kind on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 6:19 PM
  • If the western side of the state is that powerful everywhere, then why would the same team emerge from that area every year? Think about it!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 6:30 PM
  • Brain cramp I meant rock bridge, my bad.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 6:44 PM
  • The second best class 4 team in Missouri played in the same district as Webb City, Carl Junction.

-- Posted by jayrod on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 9:08 PM
  • I also spoke with a couple of CS boosters ( even sat in the visiting stands with them @ halftime) they were great guys and I never had a harsh word said to me. They seemed more in shock than anything else. CS was bigger but way too slow to do anything well. Webb was a step ahead all game. Also, do not believe we will be 5A next year. Everyone I met from CS was very nice and friendly. Can't even say the same thing about the folks who are just down the road @ Carthage :).

-- Posted by wc/ag fan on Sun, Nov 24, 2013, at 1:39 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: