Semoball

High School Football Forum: For the love of everything

Posted by wheresthebeef on Thu, Oct 27, 2011, at 11:29 PM:

Please pray that you do not get the officiating crew from our game tonight. I can overlook holds, block in the backs and even some other things...but when an opposing player hits a runner out of bounds by about 2 yards out to be exact and you are standing right next to the play and not throw a flag you are just asking for things to get ugly. You are out there to protect the kids, and keep the game clean. This was not a momentum carrying tackle this was a runner running out of bounds, standing there and then BAM the hit could be heard from the stands. We put in our JV team, early in the 4th quarter, our FRESHMEN QB was running on a keeper, on 4th and long, he was about 2 yards short and to avoid contact he runs outta bounds, AND GETS A CHEAP SHOT. Ref throws no flags, our whole sideline saw it, all the fans on that side of the field saw it and even the coaches standing right next to the referee. NO FREAKING FLAG....we get 3 retaliation flags from the coaches giving the referees hell, and gave Charleston the ball on the 5 yard line....YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO HAVE A UNIFORM OR A WHISTLE....I have seen bad officiating, MANY TIMES but this one turned the game UGLY....players started scuffling with each other and after another late hit out of bounds our player shoved the guy off of him and guess what HE GOT THE FLAG THREW ON HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok enough of this ranting I just had to put this out there, I mentioned no names....but this game film needs to be sent to MSHSAA for a review, I bet they would see no problem in taking this guys reffing license away. IT WAS THAT BAD...

Any fan would react this way if it was his/her team was royally screwed as bad as we were tonight we set a Missouri state high school record with 155 penalty yards.

Replies (67)

• i was there it was bad the worst i ever seen.

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Thu, Oct 27, 2011, at 11:34 PM

I take back my last little thing there...we missed getting on the penalty record by 10 yards, but I am sure after it is all added up we will get those 10 yards somewhere.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Thu, Oct 27, 2011, at 11:36 PM

Horrible!! I wish they would send the video in to Mshsaa because that was BAD

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 27, 2011, at 11:45 PM
  • me to

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Thu, Oct 27, 2011, at 11:57 PM

I want to make this clear before it turns into an arguing match with Charleston players fans coaches etc...I am not bad mouthing any of your game play or anything, you guys for the most part did a great job defending our rushing attack, we broke a few big ones but not as many as usual.

The ref is out there to keep it clean and make sure nothing like this happens, I hate to see any kids out there fighting and it was all caused by that no call. Sure the kids are kids they are gonna wanna get payback and once it turns into scuffling its to late.

I am rather upset that the Caruthersville staff put the starters back in to try to prove a point, but in that case you need to swallow your pride and take your victory, not only was he inviting injury but with the way things were going a possible suspension if things got ugly again.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 12:00 AM
  • Yes, it was a horrible game. Especially from the coach who showed bad sportmanship and the other staff who allowed their boys to walk all over 1 of charleston boys on the ground, in attempt to keep him from getting up. Yes, this was truly horrible. So, yes,this tape should be sent to MSHSAA, so that they can also see all the holding and face masking caruthersville should have been penalized for as well as one of caruthersville coaches pushing one of our guys in the head. Before all of this happen the Charleston coach actually had to go out on the field to confront the ref for not calling a holding penalty. This was actually going on all night. So, please do send this tape to MSHSAA. Then maybe the coach will be suspended for more than 1 game along with other staff members.

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 10:59 AM

^

I had a kick out of that! Made my day!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 11:24 AM

Caruthersville had 155 yards of penalties and you want to act like the refs wasn't calling anything. Yeah okay!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 11:27 AM

I'm not saying anymore on this game. It's being taken care of. Fact is the better team won the game plain and simple. If Charleston wants us again they have to take care of Crystal City, next time it will be at Hopke Field!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 11:32 AM
  • That's goes both ways. Silent player Show the tape I can see them picking out alot on both teams. I'm not like you I watched the game and I seen fault in both teams. So think about it before getting on here. Both teams done it not just one.

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 11:37 AM
  • I saw the game and there were some calls that were overlooked on both sides. As far as the late hit goes, yes he was hit out of bounds, but the ref didnt blow the whistle until the guy was hit. It should have been a penalty, but it wasnt.

If you are the Caruthersville coach in that situation, why would you risk the rest of your season by throwing a tantrum and getting kicked out of the game. Then you put your starters back in and risk injury. So what if Charleston scored again, your still up 3 or 4 touchdowns. Why not just run the ball a couple times, and call it a night? Hats off to Caruthersville, you guys are solid. Goodluck to whoever you play next.

-- Posted by Hershisers and Old Fashioned's on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 12:17 PM

Hershisers, you have to stand up for your guys, let them get away with it once they will do it all night long, I heard nothing about when your coach came on the field and cried for 5 minutes for an apparent hold, but one of our boys gets hit well out of bounds whistle or not its a flag....THE DAMM REF WAS STANDING 2 YARDS AWAY FROM THE PLAY....

Classless should be described when one of our guys goes down and your fans were cheering, guys on your team did not take a knee....coach should have let them know to take a knee outta respect. When the "bowling ball" on your team went down I heard our team captain that was out with an injury tonight tell our sideline guys to take a knee, how wonderful is that?

I agree with the putting the starters back in but he was ****** as he should have been, your coach cries he gets retribution penalty on the next Caruthersville offensive series. Its plain to see we were home cooked, no freaking problem with that but that missed call turned a good played game into a freaking disaster.

Next time we meet, if we do you all will have to come to Caruthersville, I will be anticipating that matchup, with well qualified referees besides these dime a dozen scum bags from last night.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 1:09 PM

^ I think we found the beef. Just follow the smell of the B.S.

-- Posted by I.P. Freely on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:03 PM

I.P. where are you from, did you have any dogs in this fight? If not don't worry about what I write about if the response has nothing to do with the topic.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:08 PM

IP is a troller.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:14 PM

Troller is an understatement.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:20 PM
  • Beef, you seemed to forget the classless act of caruthersville players stepping on a charleston player purposely while he was on the ground. Not once did I say anything negative about caruthersville, the players, coaches, or fans. To be honest, I have never seen those refs before. Couldn't tell you if they were home cooking or not.

If the refs wouldn't have missed that one call on the late hit, would there be a forum talking about the refs?

To be honest I could care less about the refs, or the coach.

I simply questioned why your coach would risk ejection, praised your team and wished you goodluck.

-- Posted by Hershisers and Old Fashioned's on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:25 PM

Beef weren't you suppose to remove yourself from semoball if Charleston hung within 3 Td's?

The only way Charleston has a chance to pull the upset is if Fonda and Monroe do not play. Nobody has stopped them all year and I doubt its gonna start tonight. If the Jays have to go into a passing game when they get down early we will sit back and pick them off all night. The only other team that Charleston has seen that resembles Cville is Sikeston and you know the outcome of that game. Charleston lost to Portageville, I do not care if they had a guy or 2 out you should still be able to beat them. Got shut out against Hayti and Dexter. Beat East Prairie but gave up 21 points, if you can't stop their back you sure as heck ain't gonna stop ours. I see alot of Charleston players huffing and puffing on the sideline before this one is over. If Charleston wins or even hangs in there within 3 TDS I will come on here admit I was wrong and not set foot on SEMOBALL ever again, heck I will even have Rachel ban my IP from posting.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Thu, Oct 27, 2011, at 1:15 PM

-- Posted by I.P. Freely on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:36 PM

Cville won by 18. Last time I checked that's 3 tds.. just sayin.. also I agree that the coach should have avoided all that nonsense. Both sides were wrong imo. Refs were horrible both ways

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:40 PM
  • Ohhhhhhh snap!!!!! No beef here, but see ya beef!!! Or get another user name haha. Man up

-- Posted by Hershisers and Old Fashioned's on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:41 PM

^^thanks cheese.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:42 PM

That's simple math..

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:42 PM

That is within 3 TD's.

-- Posted by I.P. Freely on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:45 PM

Within would be anything under 3 tds.....quit being a troll

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:46 PM
  • Just kidding guys. Calm down. You wouldn't have done it anyway

-- Posted by Hershisers and Old Fashioned's on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:47 PM
  • Wow. Must have been exciting. Guess Charleston couldn't pull off the upset. Fonda and Monroe are legit. My son's buddy was at the game, he said it was wild. And I don't disagree with the Caruthersville coach if he was standing up for his kids. Sometimes it needs to be done, no matter the consequence.

Wheresthebeef - i understand your animosity towards officials, but I am pretty sure officals(scum bags) are assigned by an association, and not by Charleston. And not supporting what took place in Charleston, but I am pretty sure I've never heard a story where people were treated "wonderful" in Caruthersville.

Cheesehead - I take your word for it, I heard it was bad. But sometimes officials have a tough job.

-- Posted by Daniel LaRusso on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:50 PM

If you think this final score had any indication that this was a close game you are mistaken. Our backups were in with 9 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, you scored once with our 2nd string defense in and give the guys in stripes credit for your 3rd touchdown, they should have just put it in the endzone for you. If Caruthersville played Charleston 10 times they would win 10 times. Bottom line plain and simple. We scored 6 unanswered TD's C-town would be more successful if they had an actual QB...you guys have a good line, good RBs and a few good receivers. #81 would be a threat because of his size alone. Oh well enough of this third grade nonsense, gotta run to the store to get grillin items for tonight.

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 2:51 PM

Daniel, I have no animosity towards referees that do the job that is at hand, I know they are going to miss calls, make bad spots and they are more than likely going to catch the last guy in a scuffle with the flag, that I am fine with. These guys were less than competent. I know that these officials are selected by the state,if they are gonna home cook ya it does not matter where they are from. I never once said that these guys had Bluejay colors on underneath their uniform.

That missed call on the sideline was bad, if the flag would have been thrown none of that other stuff would have occurred. Do you think a coach and every player on the sideline is going to argue a late hit, if it did not happen? I highly freaking doubt it. If it were anyone else's kid or team out there you would have been thinking the same thing.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 3:01 PM
  • It was totally unnecessary for the cville players to walk all over one player afer that supposed late hit. From our side it looked like a push, but a may be wrong. Y'alls coach just went out there and totally embarresed his self and the program by the way he acted. If he was going to do anything he should have gathered up his players and kept them from doing what he did. The only reason out players came across the feild was to protect out one player that y'alls whole team was walking all over. I'm just happy to see our players standing up for each other and protecting each other. Even if they had thrown a flag y'all still would have beat us because y'all were up by so much. It's just a game and things like that will happen, no matter if it is on the high school, college, or professional level. The game is over and what happened, happened. Just get over it.

-- Posted by bluejaypride on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 3:15 PM

It didn't embarrass our program by any means. Both teams were involved, both coaches acted immaturely, and players got heated! Late hits starting coming after the game was unreachable by Charleston. Cville felt like they needed to respond so they did. Everyone was at fault last night, not just one side.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 3:23 PM

Mshsaa is handling the situation as we speak so let's just drop it. What happened happen, let's move on. Maybe Charleston can win at CC Weds so they can get another shot at us. Looking forward to a rematch

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 3:28 PM
  • First off Charleston Players no real complaints with your players. Sure a few players got out of hand. But our players had a few mistakes too. Being said thats football. I would hate to be an official but I know they made bad or questionable calls. It was on both sides for each team. I like every fan want to see the kids play and do their best. I wish your team good luck. As well as to our tigers good luck. Playoffs start and it's a whole new season. Pray that neither school gets this officating crew again.

-- Posted by Tiger80 on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 4:50 PM
  • @Jebbie88 and Coach wheresthebeef. Charleston received their share of face mask calls as well as holding. Maybe your vision is better than mine. Honestly, the only thing I am upset with is how the coach responded, when he should have been a role model and set a good example for his players, because refs miss calls all the time. Then to top it all off he started this forum, unsportsman like conduct again. Then he stated that he put in his JV team, if 3 players make up JV more power to you but one must consider that 17 of the 28 players on Charleston varsity team are freshmen and sophmores. We all know that C-ville is a good team and they are hard to beat. It has been proven over and over again but don't knock our kids pride when they man up to you and are not intimidated by your size, strength, nor speed. Overall, I just want to say good game C-ville players because I do know some of you but my hat goes off to Charleston for not giving up!!!!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 7:28 PM
  • I'm not saying that both teams didn't play hard. And hat to the bluejays and I hope they beat crystal city. And I think they can. But I think the refs Are the ones who should have controlled things yes both coaches acted up and I said both. Let just hope both teams win so we can do it again. And hope the winner of that game wins it all. So goodluck. To the bluejays.

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 7:41 PM

No disrespect intended but your coach was giving the refs hell all night with his contant crying. Getting in their faces on more than one occasion so don't act like your team and coach are the models of sportsmanship. Yal was getting it handed to you and he couldn't take it. Btw Caruthersville was wthout a couple defensive starters and still dominated. Our team is young also so cville will not be falling off anytime soon

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 7:45 PM
  • Have we exhausted this topic yet?

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 9:22 PM

This is not near as bad as the Sikeston vs. Farmington for the District Title thread! Almost 200 comments on that one!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 9:27 PM

I agree though, I am tired of repeating myself on this topic.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 9:28 PM

Just delete them Rachel. It would not hurt my feelings.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 9:30 PM
  • -- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 10:45 PM

There may be faster guys out there than Fonda in SEMO but none can make those cuts and see the field as well as he does.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 11:33 PM
  • I thank cheesehead is a little upset!! If there was a like button I would like what silentplayer said!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

-- Posted by bluejaypride on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 11:49 PM

Me upset??? Where you get that at? I didn't make the video! Just posted it so everyone can see the highlights.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 11:55 PM
  • Just one last word @cheeseheader are you the coach that pushed one of our players in the head. (LOL) even though this may be true. Ok, so 23 out of 43 of your players are juniors and seniors. My God that's almost the whole Charleston team of 28 and 17 are Freshman and Sophmores. Think about it. We had quite a few freshmen on the field. Just look at the roster and you will see. No more comments from me I promise. As I said, great job C-ville.

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Oct 28, 2011, at 11:57 PM

LOL.. I get a kick out of unknowns on here. You come on here and spit out BS then when your team is knocked out of the playoffs, no more is heard from you! Reminds me of some Kennett posters from last year! I really hope we play you again!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 12:04 AM

And by the way, we had 7 underclassman play you thursday night, and they play both ways so yeah, we play a pretty young team. Don't make excuses as to why you lost.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 12:10 AM
  • I can come on here and spit all the bs I want. It's a free country!! Even if my team does get knocked out, I will still be on here spitting bs!! Again, if there was a like button I would like silentplayers comment again!

-- Posted by bluejaypride on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 12:12 AM

Never said you couldn't. Actually I kinda like seeing what you two have to say, makes me laugh

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 12:13 AM
  • I know I promised not to commment but after looking at Farmington Sikeston forum, I see you like to keep up a lot of BS yourself. Repent and praise God. There is a time and season for everything!!!!!! I am done! God Bless You

-- Posted by silentplayer on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 12:13 AM

Please point out my BS then? I'd like to see it

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 12:14 AM

The difference with me and the Sikeston fans and me and you is that I respect what they have to say. They don't just show up after one week and expect people to praise them and believe everything they say. We have been on here for a while now and can have a debate without getting personal. We disagree with each other all the time but in the end, we still respect each other. You have to earn that on here, you can't just show up out of nowhere and act like you know everything and expect people to take you serious. Don't believe me just ask Sideline, The Rocketboys, and Dustin Ruby!!! Last thing I am saying to you two. Hope to see you on the 7th... Please come sit with me..I'll be at the 50 yard line at the very top of the bleachers!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 12:17 AM
  • Ok I will point out your bs.....Everything you say is BS!!

GO BIG BLUE!!

-- Posted by bluejaypride on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 12:18 AM
  • Bluejaypride will you post the scores of the crystal city game as they or y'all score to let me know and I will post cville as whoever scores that way y'all will know. Not being funny I'm for real and best of luck. Key on 21 he is the rb. And number 9 wr and you will be fine.

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 7:24 AM
  • First I would like to say congrats to the Charleston players for not giving up you guys have a very bright future. Second as far as the Caruthersville coach getting tossed I would like to applaud him I think what he done was the right thing and what a coach is suppose to do in standing up for his players no matter what. The refs are to blame for everything that happened in that game and I think there should be some action taken against them. The principal from Charleston is one of the most classless people I have ever met in my life and I can understand why Charleston has the crime they do seeing that he is suppose to be a "LEADER". But again this game is not about the admin of a school or the coaches it is about the players and is suppose to be played between the white lines and everything left on that field. As far as playoffs go Caruthersville will go deep if not make the dome as for Charleston I think they can beat CC and I hope they do so good luck to both teams and hope to see all of you Charleston fans in Caruthersville in a couple weeks.

-- Posted by cvilletiger02 on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 7:26 AM
  • Jebbie88 I will do that for you. I would like to wish y'all luck to and hopefully we will get to meet again. As far as cvilletiger22 and his little comment, that's not cool. You just took it a little to far with the hole crime thing. Charleston isn't as bad as what people put it to be. I went to school there my whole life and I never had any problems with anybody. I could say something about all the crime y'all have, but I'm going to be respectful and keep my mouth shut about it.

-- Posted by bluejaypride on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 10:55 AM
  • Thanks man

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 1:57 PM

I say we all meet at Bros Kickin and solve this once and for all ;)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 12:32 AM
  • Cvilletiger, do you even know the principal from charleston? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! I personally know every principal at every school in charleston and they are far from classless. I'm actually very offended by that comment. Any crime charleston may have is not caused by a principal, I can promise you that. They are very close to the kids and are great role models. I'm sure caruthersville has its share of crime too. Let's not turn a football game into a personal thing about a principal or a town.

-- Posted by Hershisers and Old Fashioned's on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 12:32 AM
  • Well I was there and the principal is a jerk. It is what it is. I agree no role model. Classless just needs to be fired just by the way he was talking to grown people like he was better. He is a principal act like it. Sorry excuse for a principal just saying.

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 6:28 AM
  • I don't think we're talking about the same person. The hs principal is about 6'4", about 60 yrs old, one of the nicest guys you will meet. I take it you are coaches and he said something to you while our players ran onto te field and he was trying to keep everything separated and cool, and you were having your little rants.

-- Posted by Hershisers and Old Fashioned's on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 12:20 PM
  • This guy was older white guy about that age blue jacket on said he was the high school principal.

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 2:17 PM
  • And no before he walk on to the field he was talking down to people in the stands. Acting like hey look at me I'm all mighty. He was throwing gas on the fire. Telling people to grow up then he would say the same stuff they was saying. Retarded

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 2:21 PM
  • And one last thing you keep saying one of the coaches. First and most important it's the refs job to keep order on the field and to keep our kids safe not his so he needs to keep off the field like everyone else.

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 2:24 PM

Classless! excuse me! Classless is putting your starters back in! Just sayin'

-- Posted by Harry_Callahan on Mon, Oct 31, 2011, at 10:00 AM

They wanted to take cheap shots on our 2nd team so he brought the Varsity in with 2:00 left. Don't act like he sent them in for the whole 4th Quarter. I don't blame him, if the same thing happen to my team I would do the same. Fact is, Charleston got mad because they were getting their butts handed to them, and when we put our 2nd string in, smaller players, they wanted to get back at them. Lucky we called the dogs off early in the 4th because the score could have gotten worse. I'm not saying Charleston is the only one's at fault because Caruthersville had their fair share of things to but you people from Charleston act like none of your players, coaches, or even principle did anything wrong! At least we acknowledge our end, you people have a hard time seeing what you done. Don't worry, take care of Crystal City, then you can get us again!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Oct 31, 2011, at 11:52 AM
  • I agree with Harry. That was just classless of y'all!!

GO BIG BLUE!!

-- Posted by bluejaypride on Mon, Oct 31, 2011, at 1:14 PM
  • Was y'all over on caruthersville side. If not I'm sorry but he was actting like a butt. He needs to grow up and yes they were some cville people who lost Thier cool and was actting just like him. But in his job just like the refs they control the field of play which they fail to do. And the same for him he came over talking down to people like he own them. Right off the bat. So yes I say classless jerk. Just saying

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Mon, Oct 31, 2011, at 2:51 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: