Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Sikeston Vs Cape

Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 7:21 PM:

This is a game a lot of ppl have been waiting to see. When u look at both teams sikeston is the better of the two but that has seemed to not be the telling factor the last couple of years. Thatch Jones Dye Kimble and Nelson are all capable of big numbers any given night. Cape has Mr.Young with no one else actually being a big factor. Can cape stop the very hot dogs or can the hot streak continue for the dogs as they've showed that no one can stop them.. Its going to be interesting...

What are you guys thoughts? Is Al Young going to be enough to be the dogs?

Scores and MVP of the game??

Replies (145)

• Cape and Jackson tied at 19 in the second.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 7:51 PM
  • Cape leads 27 to 21 at half.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 8:04 PM
  • Cape leads 39-32 after third.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 8:28 PM
  • Cape wins by 9. We were only down 2 with under a minute left. Just couldn't buy a bucket in the end.

57 to 48 was the final.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 8:57 PM
  • Cape can't hang with Sikeston. My prediction is Sikeston by 15.

-- Posted by Slammer on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 9:08 PM
  • Nobody else? How disrespectful. Parker is playing amazing last couple gsmes. I think sikeston wins but it will be closer than oeople think

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 9:21 PM
  • Hey ip. 3-0. I remember before season started everyone was like whos gonna stop jacksons big men. Answer nobody they dtopped every pass to them tonight. You guys play good for streaks then look bad for a while. Is your bench weak you only played basically 6 tonight? You have like 57 kids on team lol

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 9:24 PM
  • Slammer thats a good prediction. But it will be late because of free throws.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 9:26 PM
  • Sikeston wins in the lowest scoring output of the year. Coach Church will take the air out of the ball and have his kids hold it for as long as they can. They did this a few years ago and beat them in districts. Then they got beat by a VERY weak Farmington team. Cape beats Sikeston only if they limit Sikeston's possessions.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 9:37 PM

I have to disagree with you Redsandguy about the game a couple years ago. It was more of the fact that they packed it in and made the Dogs shoot. We were 7-41 from three. They put a box and one on JT and beat him up. If they try a box and one on Fred, the difference will be Fred's ability to play all around the perimeter and the supporting cast and their abilities. This Dogs team is a much better shooting team, so I don't see a 7-41 or anything close to that. I believe Cape does have a shot because its at home surrounding by 7 brutal shades of orange, however they will have to take serious care of the basketball and force Sikeston into a bunch of turnovers. It should be a good one!

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 10:01 PM
  • Congrats murph. I will admit some of the people I thought would really step up haven't quite made it there yet. I'm not giving up though. Still a couple weeks and a few games til playoff time. I still have faith!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 10:05 PM

I agree with BD21F. If Cape tries to use a box and 1 or diamond to stop Thatch and Kimble in the post it will be a bloodbath because Dyes, Nelson, and Jones( plus the bench shooters) will drain enough. But Church is a good coach and will try to find a way to limit the Sikeston press by slowing down the game and making it a first to 50 points wins type affair allowing Young to hold the ball for long stretches. Will that work? I don't think so. Hopefully Sikeston can get in rhythm and force turnovers early so that any surprise game plan can be thwarted and Cape has to play from behind.

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 10:09 PM
  • Good question murph dogg. Not sure why Jackson only plays 6 or 7. When you've got so many young players and you're not spectacular anyway, why would you not expose them to some varsity minutes?

-- Posted by Indian town on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 10:28 PM
  • The difference between this game and the district title a couple of years ago is that Cape had Cox and Statam who were 6'7 and 6'6 who dominated us on the boards and down low. This year Cape and Sikeston match up pretty evenly on the size.

-- Posted by Chaka34 on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 11:00 PM
  • Good question Indian town. The answer is simple. The playoffs are coming. At this point you have to had identified your best options to be competitive and try to win your district.

To be very clear. I'm a huge fan of Jackson and see a bright future for those that aren't necessarily playing a ton of minutes right now. But the time is now for all high school teams. And the name of the game right now is survive and advance. I will say again that I think we have a chance for a fourth straight district championship!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 11:26 PM
  • Cape will not beat Sikeston, i repeat, will not beat sikeston

-- Posted by MHS08 on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 11:29 PM
  • I see Al driving to the basket which may give us some foul trouble but that's all I'm thinking.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 3:32 AM
  • When and where is the game?

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 6:07 AM
  • Indian pride, maybe you're right, but I've seen them play and few adjustments have been made all year personnel-wise. I find it hard to believe that some combination can't be more successful than what's currently going on, especially considering your jv appears to be thriving.

-- Posted by Indian town on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 6:44 AM
  • I have nothing but respect for jackson and their program ip. I realize all the games could of went either way. I have only seen a handful of games this year from them and i see talent just cant put it together. Good luck with bluff. Could be a long night here fri.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 6:58 AM
  • Bogey game is this Friday at Cape

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 7:03 AM
  • Yeah that cape team would beat this years cape team.

But they also always have that cape central chance Lol

With that being said i don't think this is a good matchup for the tigers and it could be worse then the consensus imagines

-- Posted by superunbiased on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 7:41 AM
  • Cape will not come close to beating Sikeston this year

-- Posted by semoballer1 on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 8:52 AM
  • I see a 20+ point win for the dogs unless cape can easily beat their press and can stop them in transition or make them take bad shots, but at the end of the game Sikeston will still win.

-- Posted by Chaka34 on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 9:20 AM
  • I agree dogs by +20

-- Posted by yaeger on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 9:33 AM
  • If Sikeston is as good as we think, then they should beat Cape by double digits. If they cannot, then that is a red flag. Jackson lost to Webster Groves by over 20 points, and that tells me that if Cape beat Jackson by only 9, then Sikeston should win. You see, if Sikeston is to win it all, they should be comparable or within 10 points of Webster Groves. I know this is convoluted, but that's how I predict a 15 point Sikeston win over Cape.

-- Posted by Slammer on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 10:50 AM
  • Thanks Murph and you're right. Several close games. We could have several more wins. Regarding jv. They are looking good and that's why I'm excited for the future!!

Murph. You do have the big advantage of playing at home and all the orange this Friday! Lol!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 11:11 AM
  • Not really sure what Webster Groves and comparing scores to Jackson has to do with Sikeston's game at Cape Friday. I'll take a one point win and be plenty happy regardless of how that stacks up with Webster Groves.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 11:50 AM
  • IP ur exactly rite!! I advise anyone to subtract 10pts from their margin of victory for Sikeston based solely on THAT WALL. Fear the Orange!!!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 11:54 AM
  • Theres no reason to compare to webster groves. Jackson played sikeston this year and got pounded. Compare that. I hope cape can pull it off but its unlikely

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 12:06 PM

The one issue could be Al driving to the cup as TFA says because last week Leech and other guys from Bluff started dicing through rather easily. I would bet however that is has been a point of emphasis in practice, but its hard to simulate Al's quickness and skill set.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 4:00 PM
  • Looking at what everyone is say I honestly feel like this game is going to get out of hand. I know sikestons coaching staff is riding the team hard to beat cape.. I see it be a score of 87-52 sikeston winning. Al is going to get some buckets but he isn't going to beat the starting 5 not even counting the bench points.. In my CHRIS BYRD VOICE AND U CAN RIGHT THAT DOWN!!!!! LHH LOL

-- Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 6:37 PM
  • A 35 point victory for Sikeston. That is a bold prediction!!

Especially playing at Cape!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 7:02 PM
  • Slammer lol

Sikeston beat jackson worse then WG did, use that common opponent instead

Sikeston also beat ND worse then Father Tolton did, and that was the 2nd matchup after playing them just a few days ahead

Sikeston also beat pb worse then Memphis Central, liberty tech, and most improtantly cordova who maxpreps has ranked as number 6 in tennesse.

Sikeston also beat troy by 4 points less then what CBC beat them by

But its almost impossible to say because sikeston beat nd, jackson, and pb by more that they would be able to beat all of the teams listed above.

But by your logic Sikeston is going to win it all because they are easily 10 points comparable to CBC, Father Tolton, WG, and Cordova

-- Posted by superunbiased on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 7:03 PM
  • I don't think it'll be 35 but i don't think this is a good match up for the tigers

Al will have to go off as usual and they will need help from a few role players.

Not sure what their bench is like

Cape always has that chance to win because its the sikeston cape rivalry and anything can happen

But i like sikestons chances by 17-22

And i remember chris bryant quoting that, and i also remember the results from that prediction lol

-- Posted by superunbiased on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 7:06 PM
  • I'm not sure Mr. Nice_Guy 24 is a Dogs fan. I don't know of any coach, player or fan who believes the Dogs will win by 35. We all know and believe it will be a hard fought game and we expect Cape to be a tough opponent.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 7:07 PM
  • Ill be in stl this weekend if the weather permits in going Togo see vashon and ft play

-- Posted by superunbiased on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 8:12 PM
  • Actually I am a sikeston fan I was kind trying to be funny by the 35 point spread Its going to be a game to watch but if sikeston plays like sikeston has there is no way cape will win.

1.) Al Young is a great talent to have on any team. Im not take nothing away from him but he can score 40 points by his self and still wouldn't win. One man can't beat a all around dominant team.

2.) If we flash back in 2014 if I'm correct cape and sikeston meet in districts and cape took the air out of the ball scored the points they needed and played a box and 1 and we couldn't make the shot. There a big difference between this years team that the team that lost in 2014. If cape come out and play in that defense this year game is over. To many shooters. Fred thatch is much improved and can shoot it from deep. When u look at the teams that both school have played sikeston has beat up on everyone while cape barely wins.

Sikeston wins by 15-25

-- Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 9:13 PM
  • Yeah that was what drove sikeston to beat cape so bad when he said that. 21-0 48-7 I remember what happened

-- Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 9:15 PM
  • Superunbiased, 90% of your comments have LOL in them. I can tell you this, Sikeston probably won't get by either Vashon or Jennings. LOL.

-- Posted by Slammer on Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 8:30 AM
  • I guess it's a good thing Sikeston plays Jennings on the 24th then Slammer. We will see in a couple of weeks how good both teams are.

-- Posted by cms14 on Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 9:59 AM

Well it looks like Cape is now a top ten team in class 4. Good job scheduling tough sikeston!

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 11:38 AM
  • You hate the taste of crow don't ya slammer

First you literally said siWeston would have to be within 10 point equilivant of wg to win state IN YOUR EYES

And then after i showed you that in YOUR OWN logic that they beat a common opponent by 10 more then wg did

But now they won't get by vashoj or Jennings

LOL

Maybe do some fact checking for the love for all things basketball, you make these hypothetical situations and when they don't come back they way you want them to you switch up your opinion

Would definitely respect your opinion more if you'd stick to your guns

But just trying any and everything to discredit anything sikeston hasn't been working to great for ya

With success comes people like slammer

-- Posted by superunbiased on Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 12:39 PM
  • Word to superunbiased!!!

-- Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 9:56 PM
  • super unbiased. Kinda like Tmarlo you're trying to hard to convince people that Sikeston is good!! We all know, and have admitted that. I know I have!! Dont let a couple people that keep pulling your chain get you so worked up!!

Enjoy the ride. No doubt it will be a good one!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 10:33 PM
  • Lol never I just find joy in flipping peoples statements onto themselves

The team seems to do all the proving

And it is a fun season to watch and interact with

-- Posted by superunbiased on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 7:43 AM
  • We know Sikeston is good, but probably not good enough to beat Vashon. I think that they probably will beat Jennings, but time will tell. They match up pretty good with Jennings, but not Vashon. If they can get by Jennings, then I will be more convinced.

I don't know what you are talking about Superbiased, regarding eating crow. You have not proven me wrong about anything. You just have trouble with people that do not agree with you about Sikeston, and that they are probably not the best 4A team in the state.

You can't just straight up debate, you have to try and demean others. You are the Dick Vitale of Sikeston basketball.

-- Posted by Slammer on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 4:09 PM
  • AMEN Slammer

-- Posted by USMC VET on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 5:37 PM
  • Cape attempted about five shots outside the paint tonite. Because they didnt have to. Every basket except one 10 footer was a putback or a layup. Cape absolutely dismantled our press and zone D. Cape is definitely the fave to win distrix now.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 9:31 PM

Al Young and Austin Parker were determined! I caught the 4th quarter on the radio! Exciting game tonight!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 9:38 PM
  • ciri...don't jump off the bus. It's one game... We will be prepared for districts. It's ok.

Hats off to Cape. They played well and beat us. The next time it's in our house.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 9:42 PM
  • Hopefully they will learn from their mistakes. Last time they left one person under the basket to guard 2 people they learned, think they forgot tonight. It was a wake up call just wished it wasn't to that orange team.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 9:55 PM
  • Yah im not saying cape will win distrix but they should get the nod as favorites. They were supposed to handle us last year in distrix and we turbo'd em.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 10:17 PM
  • I would like to give Dominique a nod of approval for using his head. They wouldn't let him do his 3's so he was smart enough to know to drive to the basket and get fouled. Good job on thinking.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 10:26 PM
  • Rocket home court didnt win this game. Cape simply played better especially 2nd half. Sikeston was cold from 3, thatch was forced to shoot outside the paint. First time I've seen Sikeston didnt and they respond well to that adversity nor did Gregg. He gets away with way too much and if you disagree you're a homer! Looked as though Sikeston got winded and cape despite playing 6players looked to get stronger!

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 10:36 PM
  • Way to go Tigers! Coach Church had the Gameplan ready for Sikeston. Central has a great group of kids.

-- Posted by bench warmer on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 10:38 PM
  • I'm a Sikeston fan and Graduated from there a few years ago , so I'm hoping it's like last year when they beat us in the regular season and we beat them by like 40 in Districts when it counts but at the same time I'm hoping it will be another good game.

-- Posted by Chaka34 on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 11:26 PM
  • DA...I'm not really sure about who gets away with too much. If your talking about Fred...you've bumped your head. He absolutely gets hammered night after night and gets few fouls called. If you're talking about Coach Holifield....you've not only bumped it, but you are bleeding profusely from the wound. Drew Church whines from the tip, blasts the officials in the media and gets the calls. There was a scrum in the 3rd quarter where, I believe, every Cape player grabbed and/or tackled Thatch, Fobbs, and Dyes...with no foul called. Unbelievable. With that said....we didn't lose due to officiating. We lost because we didn't rotate on our press and shot it poorly. Hats off to Cape.

And yes, DA....home court advantage played a role in the loss.

For some inexplicable reason, we don't shoot it well against Cape in that gym. We will shoot it better at home.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 11:47 PM
  • Rockets doesn't like to see his team lose. Holifield whines with the best of them. We shall see what happens at district time. What is this he 7th time in 8 years that's Sikeston has hosted it?

-- Posted by bench warmer on Fri, Feb 12, 2016, at 11:53 PM
  • Enjoy the Sikeston loss, fellow semoball posters. It doesn't happen very often.

Kinda nice to see people rush the floor when they beat you. It means you are winning a lot.

Looking forward to districts.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 12:03 AM
  • Funny you should mention whining benchwarmer. The coaches vote on where to play distrix. And the coaches recognize dexter and sikeston as having the superior facilities. So whine about the coaches in our district voting for the best facilities. Then we'll have a little respect for your insightful posts.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 12:08 AM
  • No I'm talking about holifield, he gets aww with WA too much finger pointing and cussing the refs out, dement should have teched him especially after warning church about the coaches box lol..ole Greg walked clean to half court to complain! As far as Fred he gets his share of none calls. Its either a foul or a block but he gets alot of no calls. I'm not the only one that see that either! Fred may get beat up but he does his share of it too. If you deny it you've bumped your head alot! Now we cant comment because Sikeston loss, if we do we're hating because as you say "it doesn't happen alot" lol. Imo if you have a guard to can lee his dribble alive and head up the press is nothing, actually the press got them beat tonight it was not effective in 2nd half. So much for the 30pt win

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 12:50 AM

My only thought as I was leaving was Cape forgot to cut down the nets after the victory.

After I thought about the game some more this is what I came up with: Our press was poor. Our ball pressure was lacking and we let them out of the double teams much too easy. Cape lulled us to sleep early by passing it around and then decided to pick it way up and we were not ready. It seemed tonight like there were fewer substitutions than normal, maybe not, but I feel like Sikeston got more tired than usual because of this as someone pointed out. Cape plays 6 all the time I assume, thus they are used to that. Next, for whatever reason we shoot like 8% at Cape's gym, I have no explanation. Call it an excuse, call it home court, whatever you want, but it's a fact. They sliced through our defense like a knife through butter, and I thought there were times where we argued with ourselves about what was going on, we pointed fingers. Whoever said we did not handle adversity well tonight is correct, we struggled.

Regarding the Sikeston hosting districts dilemma: In the last six years Sikeston's districts have been as so: 2011 at Dexter, 2012 at Sikeston, 2013 at Dexter, 2014 at Cape, 2015 at Sikeston and now 2016 Sikeston. That is 3 of 6 years for Sikeston. In the same time frame Cape's districts have been held at the locations as follows: 2011 at Cape, 2012 at Jackson, 2013 at Dexter, 2014 at Cape, 2015 at Sikeston and now 2016 Sikeston, which is 2 of 6 years. Cape has literally hosted 1 less time than Sikeston has in the last six years and only one less time than Sikeston since they have been included in the same district.

One final thought about the coaches: all coaches have issues with calls and what not because its natural not to agree with every call. However, I will say Coach Church complained to the refs about the very first whistle of the game, the very first one. He then proceeded to stay on them the whole game. Call me a homer because I'm a Sikeston fan and dislike Cape, blah, blah, blah. That was a fact and cannot be denied.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 1:05 AM

DA, I'm gonna go ahead and respond to your comment now since I was in the middle of my other one.

A) perhaps Holifield did get away with a good amount of finger pointing and cussing tonight, but maybe he was trying to get a tech at that point and the refs just didn't do it. Don't give me the explanation of "Dement should have T'd him especially after warning Church about the box." Warning one coach for the box does not mean you get to T the other coach up for yelling immediately. I would actually sat Church got rather lucky because he was warned 2 or 3 times to stay in the box. I would have given him the first warning and T'd him up on the next instance as one warning should be enough.

I know the particular instance you're referring to when Gregg walked clean to half court, it was after the big loose ball scrum. Fred had the ball, a Cape guy dove by him attempting to get the ball with good hustle, however he missed the ball. As Fred was attempting to pass it, the Cape player reached back and physically grabbed Fred's leg, not called, causing him to slide and make an errant pass leading to more of a scrum which I could not see directly, but was told by friends at the other end of the gym that there was more than just going for the ball going on. I believe he had a right to be ticked. If the opposite were flipped and it happened to a Cape player I would say Church would have a right to be upset as well.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 1:13 AM
  • That GYM looks very old, the rims were rusted and was meant to shoot on which is what Sikeston does which have Cape the advantage so when they play Cape again in the Field House it will be all different

-- Posted by Sikeston Over Cape on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 1:53 AM
  • wasn't*

-- Posted by Sikeston Over Cape on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 1:53 AM
  • There was a lot of reasons we lost tonight,oh let me count the ways:Cape had a game plan which was obvious,manage the clock,keep the game close,attack the defense,challenge all 3 point attempts,out hustled Sikeston,it's hard for our shooters to score 3s off the dribble,we didn't block out.When have you ever seen Gregg with a board in his hand drawing up plays to counter anything?We only play zone defense,never man to man(weakness).They broke our press so easy early on that a majority of their points came from us leaving one man back to cover 2 and sometimes 3.They ran back door offense on us all night and Gregg could not counter because zone is all he coaches.We rarely shot short jumpers,it was 3s or drive to the basket instead of hitting the open man.The officiating could have been a lot better and yes it was in my opinion a little bias.The no calls out weighs the bad calls by Dement, but he made this game all about him in the 3rd and 4th quarter.No calls on traveling,no,none,nodda 3sec violations(Cape camped out in the paint)over half the blocking fouls should have been called charging.I don't believe the refs in SEMO know the difference.

-- Posted by superjock on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 2:51 AM
  • I agree dog21 about church but Gregg was all over the court almost going over to capes side of the floor in that same instance wanting a tech to fire his boys up but the ref didn't bite but I'm willing to bet my bag of nickles no other coach not even farmer can carry on like he carried on Friday night! Dement gave farmer a tech and ejected a fan last Tuesday in Charleston vs Jackson. He complained once and got a T the next thing he said. Same ref different coach and he let him have it and he didn't do anything but take it. He took in alot! It's just obvious teams don't get that type leeway! Last Friday night vs pb, durben is as mild mannered as they come, but even he got fed up with the lack of calls and respect. He starred at the ref at the end of the quarter and got T'd up. I know holifield passionate but so are other coaches so they should get same treatment.

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 3:06 AM
  • Superjock idk what game you were looking at but dement was def biased! Not for cape either. You're spot on with your other Analysis of the press but as rocket has stated the coaching staff is the best in the state so as a fan or poster you're not qualified to say that. Nobody accounted for capes players besides al. I knew Newell would be that ball handler but I didn't know Austin had gotten better or that cape plays hard and can defend. I told al young before that game "you can guard thatch he's physical and you're physical" and he matched up on thatch in the 4th and did a great job 23&13 is thatch like. All in all the best conf game, game of the yr. It hasn't been too many times that you can get Sikeston student body to sit silently the last 4min of any game!

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 3:19 AM

It was a good. Maybe SHS shouldn't be out of school on the day they play Cape. Lol SHS came out with the extra engry they usually display. Maybe it was the stall game by Cape but whatever it was it worked. SHS shots were flat. Every team has a off night and sometimes you can still win if your defense covers what your offense can't. SHS has had a couple other games where they got flat but were able to play defense get steals and get easy shots that helped seal the win. Districts should be interesting and I don't think Cape will go away they believe they can win and once you believe then you can achieve. So SHS will look at their mistakes and come back ready to play hard. You can never compare how teams will match up or win. SHS blew Jackson and Notre Dame out and Cape won close games. But teams always come Amped to play SHS. Says something about the boys on the Red side of the Bulldogs. I think SHS will win districts. But I don't see them winning state if they aren't literally ten deep. Just my thought.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 7:13 AM
  • All coaches whine so we can just stop that argument. The ONLY reason Sikeston lost was because Cape played Sikestons game better than Sikeston did. Cape controlled the pace of the game, shut down the shooters and found the open man. If Sikeston doesn't learn from this, they'll lose to Vianney and then lose to Cape in districts.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 7:38 AM
  • Superjock haven't seen you complaining about the defense you play all year only when you lose. Give Cape credit and quit being a poor sport and blaming the officiating. You were be by a better team last night accept that fact and enjoy the rest of the year

-- Posted by runner50 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 8:04 AM
  • It is always entertaining to read the pre game prognostications and then come back to read the post game follow up. Great game Tigers. Don't be satisfied.

-- Posted by Scott Horrell on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 8:16 AM
  • Sikeston got out-played and out-coached, period. The adjustments Church made at halftime destroyed sikeston in the second half. Presses and zones are beat in the middle of the floor and once they started doing that, cape sliced right through Sikeston. The only "stall game" type play I saw was the first qtr maybe, in which Sikeston was up 9 I think after, so no Sikeston that wasn't it.. It wasn't the "rusty" rims, Sikeston didn't shoot well, that's because that's life and Cape played great man D and contested their shots. Sikeston had a decent amount of offensive boards too so. As far as the coaches whining, they all do. Church got scolded for being an inch out the box. Holifield literally through 2 year old tantrums up and down the court and out on it several times, all the way out to half court and nothing was said to him. I couldn't believe it. Never seen a coach act like that and not get a single warning. But that's all he had, he had no adjustments or game plan otherwise. It was a great game, great hustle and a legit win. Sikeston has a great team with a ton of talent no doubt, BUT you're not the best team ever you Sikeston people, so get over it.

-- Posted by Odie-Wan Kenodi on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 8:27 AM
  • I didn't say you couldn't comment, DA. I actually said the opposite. Enjoy it. I'm sure we'll see Cape again.

Also, DA, I see you are a Cape fan now. Who are you gonna be rooting for next week when they play Charleston? You gonna flip-flop back to Charleston?

To Sikeston fans, calm down and think before you post. It's one loss. It was an off night, and Cape has a very good team. It was neither the officiating nor the fact that we don't play man-to-man defense. It was just an off night. It will stir the fire. We'll be fine.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 8:32 AM

Agreed rocketsbro. Every time Sikeston takes an L, there is always someone who throws the zone under the bus. The zone works, it has been proven to work when done correctly. Same is true with man to man, it can be easily dismantled sometimes too. The zone will stay. The essential bottom line to last night was we stopped the basketball 0 times and they drove and drove and drove and drove. They beat us off the dribble and then got into a 2 on 1 repeatedly, which is why they shot 59% (!). Layup after layup.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 8:45 AM
  • Well Bulldog21 please inlighten mean what the purpose of Zone defense is? The reason I remember playing zone was to stop teams from getting layups and making them a jump shooting team.

-- Posted by BobbyKite22 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 9:15 AM
  • Cape put on a layup clinic and the refs had nothing to do with that. Bad (or good) refs dont allow you to make 98% of your FG under the basket. Good ball movement and missed assignments allow a team to do that. Give Cape credit, they thoroughly outplayed us in every facet of the game from the 2nd qtr on. And both coaches pretty well were similar in the amount of outbursts they had. Bad reffing makes for animated coaching on both side. Two of the three refs were in over their heads lasnite but the outcome would have been the same with three good refs. Just renember, last year Cape came to Sikes and dominated this game and then we turbo'd them in distrix. Cape 100% earned the W lasnite but adjustments can hopefully be made and the outcome of a district matchup will be different.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 9:39 AM
  • Bobby in my humble opinion as Cape passed and passed out front our front four on D kept creeping further and further out, almost changing to a 4 on 3 man to man. Thus all nite we ended up with 1 last defender almost in middle of paint whilst 2 Cape players stood on the blocks nearest the basket and voila!, nothing but layups all nite long. It may have started out as a zone but it quickly broke down as the four front defenders chased the ball or allowed capes awesome guards to drive around them. Wouldve been interesting to pack the paint with the zone but you will NEVER EVER see us attempt that. Its just not the Dawg way to lay back on D. And Cape thoroughly dismantled the aggressive zone lasnite.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 9:49 AM
  • Charleston you beat Cape Tuesday night I will take you all out to eat, it will be at McDonald's off the $1.00 menu and you get 1 item but hey I'm buying. 😀

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 10:20 AM
  • No thanks tfa. Are you implying Charleston csnt beat cape because Sikeston beat Charleston, no way they can beat cape huh? Stay tuned!

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 10:28 AM
  • I will throw in a milkshake

Go Jayz!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 10:41 AM
  • Rocket where'd you get I was a cape fan? Ima fan of basketball and yes a Charleston supporter but what does that have to do with ANYTHING? Nothing!!!! I know those kids on cape's team and parents of them but again dont make this about me player!!

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 10:59 AM
  • Ok, so you're not a Cape fan. Then one can only deduce from your posts that you are a Sikeston hater. Fair enough.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:19 AM
  • Big papi....sorry, DA....we all know who you are. You don't like Sikeston because you are a Charleston fan. It's cool. Each poster on here has a favorite team. For what it's worth, we hope Charleston beats Cape next week.

Superjock...we are 19-1 playing zone. Enough said...

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:23 AM
  • I dont know Rocket689, Papi coodnt post a sentence without referring to 1960's rings so altho DA bears a slight resemblance to him i'd hafta say DA is just a normal Sikeston hater. Kind of a shame cuz I too admire the Jayz and usually root for them vs anybody but us!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:34 AM
  • DA you really need to work on your reading comprehension I was rooting for Charleston to win and I'd buy them a meal. Unless you're a player I wasn't including you in that meal.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:40 AM
  • Wow you guys are funny. You think I give a hoot about who you guys root for? Name calling after a loss def shows you're truly in your feelings rocket! Butt hurt huh? Why and how did I become your focus? Do you even know or are you guys just trolling looking for anybody that doesn't support Sikeston? Wow that's petty but what else is new! Rocket and his bro!

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:43 AM
  • Super biased where are you? You are normally writing a book on here but you've been awful quiet. Join in on the name calling like the rest of the crew! 30ppl respond to this post but yall seek me out, well good bcuz Im the right one. Who doesn't root for the underdog?

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:50 AM
  • Name calling? I'm not sure where you see that. Troll away Mr Ware.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:54 AM
  • Uh ohhhh Rocket he's startn to up his hatin level. Perhaps we do need to change his name to DP

Defensive Papi

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:55 AM
  • DA certainly suits him though.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:56 AM
  • DA I still can't get over the fact that you thought I was implying Charleston couldn't beat Cape, this year anyone can beat anyone, it's a weird season.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 12:06 PM
  • TFA, DA's so blinded by hate that he can't see reality. He needs Jesus something fierce. Praying for you Big DA Papi.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 12:10 PM
  • Big Papi (aka DA)...I didn't call you a name. I said you are a Charleston fan. I said you don't like Sikeston because of that. I also said I hope Charleston beats Cape. Not sure where the name calling or where I am "butt hurt." I have said "Hats off" to Cape on a couple of different occasions. However, troll away...

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 12:18 PM

BobbyKite, the purpose of the zone is to have opportunities to trap and force jump shots. I did not say the zone was effective last night, obviously it was poor, resulting in layups. A poor man to man defense could also result in backdoor layup after back door layup if there is no rotation and help side. Either way, Cape penetrated the zone with ease. They spaced us out and then rotated Al to the middle of the zone at the high post. Then it was essentially a 3 on 2 because of how far we were spaced out. The ball pressure was tremendously weak, allowing the spacing to occur. Cape had too much time to pass and look around, they were comfortable.

Bottom line: the zone was weak last night. There was nobody calling for man to man when we forced 25-30 turnovers in like5 straight games earlier this year. Everyone gets so caught up over the zone being the reason why we lose, but never give credit to it when we win.

I will also say that defense is this team's weaker area. Their offense has been carrying them, last night the offense went cold and the defense didn't make up for it, thus we lost.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 12:49 PM
  • I am laughing hysterically at those of you who think the "zone defense" was the problem last night. LOL. Sikeston is 19-1 and the lost to a very good team who has a great record in their own right. Zone this, zone that.

Cape's kids played better than Sikeston's kids last night. Both squads field talented rosters.

Also, this talk about how Church whines all the time, as if to insinuate that Holifield has never whined is comical as well. Any coach that competes against Sikeston and has a chance to wn is going to work as hard as possible to win because Sikeston is the premier program in Semo right now,

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 1:52 PM
  • Rocket to I know who you are! SI next time you see me dint point be a man and day it with your chest! I saw,u at the chs vs she girls game. U didnt have nothing to say then but plenty behind the keys.

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 2:19 PM
  • Hating?! Yea ok I'm hating because Sikeston lost! Really you guys are reaching, I merely made opinions about the game but since you lost in hating? Well I guess! Rocketbro cry baby suits you. I'll be at the Jennings game feel free to say what u feel then!

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 2:24 PM
  • I hate I won't be at the Jennings game.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 3:11 PM
  • I do too, but ill see you! Then you can get personal.

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 3:15 PM
  • Tupac Papi is definitely back

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 3:47 PM
  • Ciri Beiber is on it again! Smh wow. They lose and fall hard.

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 5:22 PM
  • DA why you get so mad? Sikeston lost and like anyone else who's team loses they are upset but I do not see where they are "hatin" on you.

You make yourself look bad by trying to fight everyone on here. What are ya some sort of "gangsta"? You know good and well everyone hides on here. What if Rocketbro or Ciri, or whomever shows up...what are you gonna do? Fight them? Shoot them? Why so much hate?

Cape fans have every right to get on here and pump their chest. I bet they won't though because they'll have to beat Sikeston again, unless they fall to ND again. Sikeston fans can talk so much crap and pump their chest to you because your team got owned twice this year and won't get a payback. But nonetheless, you can pump your chest because you got last years wins AND all those championships from a decade ago.

Sikeston fans don't let this dude get to ya. He's hiding behind a screen name. But he sure will show up and make you think he's hard core. DA, and whoever else this applies to, these are HIGH SCHOOL kids. Why do you hang your hat on what a HIGH SCHOOL kid does? I have been on record for saying a kid is not as great as people say he is and everyone now is agreeing he's got potential but not their yet. Again these kids are in high school. Almost ALL of them are 18 and younger. Still adolescents. Pathetic.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 7:19 PM
  • Red shut up nobody insinuated fighting mention fighting so stop it. I'm done responding to you guys! Red your funny dude!

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 9:23 PM
  • I'm making myself look bad? No you are making yourself look worse! You on here now tryna talk down on someone so how does that make you look red? No need to beat my chest and if 2012 was a decade ago, then I know you are full of something! Btw 2011 comes before 2012 so its the dogs turn to win another one! Its a public forum, I posted just as you did. Why you so mad? You mad bro? Too bad they dont make band aids for hurt feelings! I've seen all types of people posting BUT for some reason these clowns only singled me out wow.

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 9:36 PM
  • Dont be dissn The Beebz, Tupac. Or else......

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 11:08 PM
  • Because you're an idiot. You said you were "hatin" a few posts up. I'm not mad. I'm not from Sikeston. People single you out because you get all ***** over everything.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Sun, Feb 14, 2016, at 12:13 AM
  • Hating?! Yea ok I'm hating because Sikeston lost! Really you guys are reaching, I merely made opinions about the game but since you lost in hating? Well I guess! Rocketbro cry baby suits you. I'll be at the Jennings game feel free to say what u feel then!

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 2:24 PM

You are asking Rocketbro for a fight. Don't say you're not because you are clearly doing that. Everyone knows that you are trying to troll people into making stupid comments, like you are, but the Sikeston folks are not antagonizing anything. They lost the game. They are upset. They probably are quite because here in a little over two weeks Cape, if both teams get to the finals, Cape will have to play their best game ever again.

That's not my words. Those are Al Youngs words responding to a reporter. They asked him was that the best game of their careers.

Trust me your team has a lot more to be worried about than the Sikeston fans.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Sun, Feb 14, 2016, at 12:32 AM

Score that may be of interest to local Class 4 fans: Vashon 65, Tolton 62. First loss by Tolton to a Missouri team this year. Game played at Tolton.

7 of Vashon's players were on the Madison Prep team that beat Tolton last year in the Class 3 quarterfinals. So the outcome is not a huge surprise.

Big game by Peanut Farris, and Vashon matched the Porter brothers and Tolton on the boards.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Sun, Feb 14, 2016, at 1:00 AM

Hey DA... You should go sit in the parking lot at the Sikeston YMCA and see if anyone might let you in again! Wait? CAN YOU EVEN GO BACK THERE?

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Sun, Feb 14, 2016, at 11:30 PM
  • I honestly don't understand why sikeston fans are so quick to brush off a loss and chalk it up to "oh they didn't play a good game" or "they just had a bad night" and not talk about it, but won't stop carrying on if they win, especially against Cape. I was at the game and am pretty sure they had a good night, but the better team won. On any given night, any team can win. Whoever wants to win the most and is willing to fight for it will win. And the people on here talking about how the refs were terrible and saying there was a bunch of calls they missed... 1. Refs can't see everything and 2. Refs don't lose the game, the team does.

-- Posted by Semoballer20 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 1:05 AM
  • Well said, Semoballer20! I remember in week 5 of the football season when Sikeston knocked off an undefeated CT they were on here the next morning demanding to be ranked #1 in Semo because they've knocked off the great and mighty Cape Central! There were even Sikeston players openly demanding instant respect but when Sikeston loses here in basketball they just didn't play a good game! What a joke!

-- Posted by Indian Princess on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 5:35 AM
  • Guys by no means am I saying Sikeston is unstoppable...now. But to say Sikeston had a good game is far from the truth. I was at the game also. How many 3s did they attempt and how many did they make? They missed SEVERAL wide open shots in that game. No way can you say that played well. I will go on record and say that was one of their worst performances I have seen since last time they played in Cape. They cannot play in Cape. Something about that gym with them. If they hit 1/4 of the shots they attempted they would've beaten Cape.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 8:10 AM
  • Ok we figured it out. cape wasn't hitting on that end and we didn't hit on that end so Cape always make sure they end on the end that they can score to win. This is a joke because I know I will have to explain that to some.

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 8:45 AM
  • Semoballer and Indian Princess....let me state for me...Sikeston lost because we didn't hit very many open shots and gave up too many baskets in transition. The open baskets can be fixed. The shots...well...they just weren't falling. That happens. We were 3 of 24 from behind the arc. I wouldn't say that is "good" when we shoot about 40% as a team. They just didn't go down Friday night. I think it will be a different story in the Fieldhouse in a few weeks...assuming both teams get to the finals.

No, the officials did not cause the Dogs to lose...the two previous reasons did.

I am obviously biased towards the Dogs, however, they can't and won't win 100% of their games. The Dogs will be fine going forward. Just need to use this loss as a wake up call. I would rather lose early than late.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 8:56 AM
  • Semoballer and Indian Princess are typical jealous trollers who only come out to bash when the teams they are jealous of lose. No sikeston poster said the refs, though 2 of the 3 didnt belong on floor, lost the game for us. So bash away trollers, if it makes ur dull lives a little brighter then have at it!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 10:17 AM
  • Oh yah i forgot to add Tupac Papi to the duo, sorry my bad

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 10:19 AM
  • I would think with how much money cape spent on football and got that new gym a few years ago they could at least afford one new rim. One of the rims still looked newer and the one by Sikestons bench was rusted out enough for most of the color of it was gone.

-- Posted by Chaka34 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 11:34 AM
  • I want to ask a question, since it has been said by a few posters that 2 of the referees should have not been on the floor, how is that the premiere game on Friday night and maybe for the whole season in the SEMO conference had 2 referees that didn't belong on the floor?

Next, can anyone explain to me why AD's have given up the right to hire referees for regular season games? If you are not aware of this, they have hired a person to schedule referees for all the games and at one point this person had a vested interest in who called which games because his income came from selling to the schools.

-- Posted by SHS59 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 11:57 AM
  • Im assuming these 2 refs were assigned way aheada time, maybe even before season started. Like anything, refs can have bad nites. These 2 hadda bad nite, for both teams. So im not sayin they should have never been assigned the game, there's probly not enough refs in the area to pick and choose which ones get assigned to the "big game". I choose to believe that the 2 refs are fairly decent refs that just hadda bad nite, i will give them the benefit of the doubt. They both ****** off both coaches equally and the coaches were justified in their complaints. Fortunately in my opinion because they were consistently bad for both teams, they did not determine the outcome of the game.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 12:11 PM
  • Who cares....Cape won. Maybe next time sikeston wins if so good for them. Its highschool basketball....not the end of the world. No need to keep explaining sikestons loss. Cape was just better that night. Period

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 12:24 PM
  • Murphdogg anytime Sikeston loses anything, especially basketball they have to dissect each play and analyze why they lost. They don't give credit where credit is due and that is they weren't the better team that night.

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 12:29 PM
  • Where has the Sikeston fans not given credit to Cape? I believe they have. They have just stated the refs were bad for both teams. Confused here

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 12:35 PM
  • We love our Sikeston basketball dawgz, Murph, and when ur passionate about something, you love talking about it. Stop posting if you dont like us discussing something we enjoy or if you see a thread that includes the name "Sikeston", dont read it. Sikeston posters outnumber Cape posters by about ten to one whether we win or lose so thats just a measure of how strongly we support our team, year in year out.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 12:35 PM
  • Reds, jealous trollers sprout from the fungi-laden forest floor anytime a successful program like the Dawgz loses. We gave Cape credit for the win but it never matters, they bash to justify their dull lives.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 12:39 PM
  • Nobody is bashing sikeston. And the reason i commented is the thread also has cape in it. Its good to be passionate but you have to know when to let it go.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 12:55 PM
  • How many of the people on this site are going to be upset when they don't get into the finals of the districts. Field house not going to be big enough no matter which of the three teams, Sikeston,Cape or Notre Dame make it there. Sure hope someone makes arrangements to have it on line or TV. Any of those three teams on a given night are capable of winning it all

-- Posted by lastride67 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 1:11 PM
  • I completely agree. Support your team with passion but it's high school. Let the player's play, and fan's be fan's and sit back and watch these youngster's achievements.

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 1:13 PM
  • So in other words Einstein, you have a way you like to deal with things. Thus, EVERYONE should follow ur example and deal with things in like fashion. Again, I understand the jealousy that occurs when a team is successful year in year out. But dont expect us to say "Oh wow Einstein knows the best and brightest way to act in every situation, lets be like Einstein or Murph" !! Ur entitled to ur opinion but be careful, jealousy can cloud ur rationale!

So cool that Semoball has become a self help site, we'll all be better Americans!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 1:45 PM
  • So is Sikeston a live by the 3 die by the 3 team?

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 2:37 PM
  • Ok then ciri you rationalize the loss anyway you want to. If it helps you to talk about it so in your mind everyone thinks sikeston is still the best then good for you. I will admitt sikeston is probably the best team around and i can guarantee i have never been jealous. But fact is fact Cape was BETTER THAN THE DOGS that night.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 2:49 PM
  • I know its a tough pill to swallow. I would hate to see if sikeston lost 5 or 10 games like other teams around some people may not be able to handle it.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 2:53 PM
  • Sikeston lost nine games last year. It happens. It will happen again at some point. But as long as the team gives all its got, does its best, and plays with all its heart and passion then that's all you can ask. That's the way I view last year. They played their hearts out all the way to the end.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 2:59 PM
  • "Does anyone find whining to be attractive?"

Jim Harbaugh U of M Coach

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 3:02 PM
  • Bigelw we weren't hitting under the basket either at times. We even had more than one chance. I'm telling you it's that end of the court. Lol! See previous joke by me. Cape came out determined after halftime once they got ahead our guys was trying to play catch up and just wasn't catching up. It's done we have 3 games this week I'm sure they are concentration on and I hope they previewed what went wrong at Cape.

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 3:11 PM
  • I went back and read through all the posts. There's one or two Sikeston fans that may have come off as "whining" but most of the whining I see are from the people whining about the Sikeston fans whining. Now if some person attacks Sikeston in some way, then you betcha, those fans are standing up for their team. Anybody would for their team.

There are even people getting on talking about how Sikeston fans demanded to be ranked No. 1 after beating Cape in football. I remember when that happened and I sure don't remember ANYBODY thinking Sikeston should be ranked No. 1. Maybe one person did, but I sure don't remember it. Some people on here make things up just to pick fights or try to make Sikeston look bad. Which is fine. Whatever floats your boat.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 3:14 PM
  • Semoball is definitely more lively when Sikeston is having a good year!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 3:24 PM
  • When we beat Cape that 1 time in football I think everyone was in shock but then they came back and beat us no problem so this is what will happen in basketball but this time the opposite. 😀😀

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 3:29 PM
  • No doubt about that IP. Sikeston loses ONE game and look at all the folks that come out of the woodworks. I've seen people posting here that haven't ever posted before and others that haven't posted in forever that made their return this weekend. Sikeston loses and they gotta come on and take their shots. I bet when that final buzzer sounded they thought to themselves, "I can't wait to get on semoball!"

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 3:32 PM
  • Hey Murph ur jealousy is clouding ur perspective. Read my prior post below and count how many times i made excuses for losing the game. Lemme give some math help. ZERO!! I gave Cape all the credit, but i guess ur entitled to an opinion no matter how inaccurate it is!!

Cape put on a layup clinic and the refs had nothing to do with that. Bad (or good) refs dont allow you to make 98% of your FG under the basket. Good ball movement and missed assignments allow a team to do that. Give Cape credit, they thoroughly outplayed us in every facet of the game from the 2nd qtr on. And both coaches pretty well were similar in the amount of outbursts they had. Bad reffing makes for animated coaching on both side. Two of the three refs were in over their heads lasnite but the outcome would have been the same with three good refs. Just renember, last year Cape came to Sikes and dominated this game and then we turbo'd them in distrix. Cape 100% earned the W lasnite but adjustments can hopefully be made and the outcome of a district matchup will be different.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 13, 2016, at 9:39 AM

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 3:32 PM
  • Im super late but I gotta update at half time then didn't check again till late last night and my stomach sank

I still haven't had time to read through all the posts but congrats to cape on the win

Without reading im sure people loved sikeston taking one finally LOL

Hey just remember whose got home court advantage on the game that matters ;)

Id hate to see the bulldogs next opponents hopefully this brings back last years memories

-- Posted by superunbiased on Mon, Feb 15, 2016, at 7:36 PM

If high school basketball is nothing to get worked up about, why did Cape fans storm the court after the game? They were just as excited about winning the games as Sikeston was disappointed they lost. Emotions are part of the game. You can't take that away. Sikeston has NEVER played well at Cape. I'm confident the outcome will be different if/when they play at the Fieldhouse.

-- Posted by displacedshsfan on Tue, Feb 16, 2016, at 1:40 PM

I'm confident the outcome would be different ANYWHERE else...

We just can't stand the color orange and it ruins our concentration.

But Sikeston Bulldogs know one thing for sure... Their good enough, their smart enough & doggone it SIKESTON people like them!!!

-- Posted by Haterade on Tue, Feb 16, 2016, at 2:09 PM
  • Hey Stu!! Are you saying people will still like us even if we arent great basketball players? And even if we dont dribble the ball fast? And even if we dont throw the ball into the basket? Is that what ur saying?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Feb 16, 2016, at 4:05 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: