Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Who is the "Charlie Hustle" player on your team?

Posted by tlks2much on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 3:37 PM:

Every team has a player who hustles, dives for loose balls, takes a charge when his team needs one. Who fits that for your team?

Replies (19)

Trey Watkins for Charleston

-- Posted by birdfan on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 3:40 PM
  • Vance Toole for Central.

-- Posted by tlks2much on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 3:43 PM

Cord Sheehy would have to be one of Sikeston's guy...

He takes the charge, boxes out ANYONE, will get on the floor, is in your face on defense and does all the role player things very well!

Sikeston has others but when you I think of "charlie hustle" I think of a guy off the bench who is "all systems go" once their number is called! So Sheehy is the guy that I thought of right off the bat...

-- Posted by Haterade on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 4:03 PM
  • Cody Neldon for Dexter.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 4:03 PM

I know people are probably tired of seeing him name mentioned on here but I have to go with Darrell Monroe. The kid plays hard all four quarters, on both sides of the ball. He's on the ground getting loose balls, takes charges, a rebounding machine, and just an all around hard worker. Anyone who has seen him play will tell you that.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 4:10 PM
  • I would have to go with Markeith Bratcher for the Sikeston Bulldogs. Markeith brings instant energy into the game and could play a vital role in how far the Bulldogs go this year in the post season.

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 4:31 PM
  • Calvin Lysell for Jackson

-- Posted by semoindian2 on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 4:47 PM
  • If you watch Risco play you will now where they lack in talent they make up for in hustle as a team effort but if I had to pick out one I would say Austin White .

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 5:10 PM
  • Jpaa White, Austin White no bias there.

-- Posted by igobybob on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 6:46 PM
  • I'm kin to half to the bud . I'm biased to all of them !!

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 7:20 PM

What, jpa?

-- Posted by yah-yah on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 7:34 PM
  • Every Central player this year takes charges and dives for loose balls. It's a thing Coach Church really stresses. Vance definitely leaves everything out there.

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 7:37 PM

Get'R DOne...

-- Posted by Haterade on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 7:37 PM
  • Cody Neldon (Dexter) and Adam Grantham (Kennett) certainly fit the mold!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 9:19 PM
  • I would also say Austin White for Risco. He gets after it on Defense every possession, dives for loose balls, crashes offensive boards everytime a shot goes up, and he finishes at the rim.

-- Posted by dont worry on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 11:54 PM

For NMCC I'll go with Willie Jimmerson and CJ Chism. These guys constantly hustle, run and give it their all on every single play, and never let up. CJ is a senior and has hustled and played hard his entire career. Willie is a freshman and hopefully he will keep up the intensity level he has now for the remainder of his promising career.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Feb 14, 2012, at 12:06 AM
  • Scott City: Off the Bench - Tyler Adams and Ryan Fortner.

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Feb 15, 2012, at 11:29 AM
  • I agree UFO. I don't usually talk my sons up but I have to say, I am so proud of Jesse over the past 2 weeks. He has been plagued w/injury after injury. First the maniscus strain. On the advise of the trainor he sat for 2 games (against his will). Then broke his nose on the first practice back from the knee injury. He played the next day at Egyptian. Last night pulled something in his arm early and then rolled his ankle late. Through all these problems he never lost focus or the eagerness to play. He will play next Tuesday if the coach will let him I'm sure. He may not be the most athletic or the player with the most tools, but in my mind no player has more heart.

I promise I won't brag my boys up anymore...LOL

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Wed, Feb 15, 2012, at 11:45 AM
  • I dont believe you can find a kid on risco's team that doesnt hustle all the time!! But austin does have a knack for knowing where the ball is going to be! He sure gets a lot of rebounds for a 5'9 kid!

-- Posted by proud pa pa on Wed, Feb 15, 2012, at 12:51 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: