Semoball

High School Volleyball Forum: Volleyball Tournaments

Posted by coachmirly on Mon, Aug 15, 2016, at 6:58 PM:

Here is a link to the Notre Dame Tournament and the Gateway Match Up Tournament

http://www.perryville.k12.mo.us/Page/3217

If it does not work go to the Perryville High School web page and get to the Volleyball page. It is the Information page.

Replies (9)

• Thanks for the link, Coach Mirly.

Any idea when we can expect a schedule for the Perryville Tournament?

-- Posted by The Legend on Tue, Aug 16, 2016, at 10:59 AM
  • I usually wait till about 2 weeks before the tournament so I can get an accurate feel of how to evenly seed the teams. I will post the schedule on here when it comes out.

-- Posted by coachmirly on Tue, Aug 16, 2016, at 3:55 PM
  • List of teams in the tourney this year? This tourney has become one of the best in the SEMO area.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Thu, Aug 18, 2016, at 8:49 AM
  • Looking at the schedules of the teams that were in it last year, looks like most of them are returning with the exception of Bishop DuBourg, who won the tournament the past two years. According to their schedule, the Lady Cavaliers are playing in the Affton Tournament that same weekend. Coach Mirly can verify, but looks like these are the teams in it this year:

1. Advance

2. Arcadia Valley

3. Bernie

4. Bismarck

5. Bloomfield

6. Cape Central

7. Central (Park Hills)

8. Clearwater

9. DeSoto

10. Fredericktown

11. Lesterville

12. North County

13. Perryville

14. Saxony Lutheran

15. Scott City

16. Sikeston

17. St. Vincent

18. Valle Catholic

Missing two teams from last year (Charleston and Greenville), who don't have any tournaments listed on their schedule on MSHSAA. I'm assuming they're still in it and Advance replaced Bishop DuBourg, but again, we'll have to wait until Coach Mirly lets us know for sure, so I guess this is a "tentative" list for you, SEMOVBFan.

Agree about it being one of the best (I'd argue it IS the best) tournaments in Southeast Missouri. It's good competition for the teams in our area getting to play the teams in the Parkland/Lead Belt area and vice versa that they usually don't get to face during the regular season. Very stacked tournament with lots of powerhouse programs and tough teams, definitely worth the drive to Perryville that weekend! Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 1, volleyball fans.

-- Posted by The Legend on Fri, Aug 19, 2016, at 6:30 AM
  • Thanks! I agree it IS the best SEMO area tourney.

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Fri, Aug 19, 2016, at 8:48 AM
  • Anyone have an update from day 1 of ND volleyball tournament?

-- Posted by impax21 on Sat, Sep 3, 2016, at 11:11 AM
  • Not sure of the scores, but I do know that Dexter beat Lindburgh for the championship.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Sun, Sep 4, 2016, at 6:47 AM
  • I haven't seen any scores anywhere, but yeah Dexter beat Lindbergh out of St. Louis for the varsity championship, and Notre Dame's JV beat Dexter JV for the junior varsity championship. If anybody stumbles upon any scores, let us know.

I think the next big tournament we have to look forward to is the Seckman Tournament, which I think is September 17.

-- Posted by The Legend on Sun, Sep 4, 2016, at 6:59 AM
  • Who all is in the Seckman tournament?

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Sun, Sep 4, 2016, at 10:14 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: