Semoball

Other High School Sports Forum: Dexter Wrestling/Football Coach Resigns

Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Apr 20, 2012, at 12:14 PM:

Yesterday, Coach Rick Schwab told his wrestling team that he is resigning as the head coach of the team. He has taken the same position at a high school near his home in Kansas City. Coach Schwab is also getting married and wanted to live closer to family. I'm told by athletes present that everyone was in tears, coach and team alike.

Congratulations to Coach Rick Schwab on being a great coach for Dexter. He not only built a great wrestling program for the Bearcats but was also the defensive coordinator for the football team. Also congrats to him and his future bride. He is a class act, a great teacher, and whoever follows him at Dexter as the next head wrestling coach has some big shoes to fill. Thanks Coach Rick Schwab! You will be sorely missed in Dexter!

Replies (3)

• Preacher, do you know this for sure?

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Fri, Apr 20, 2012, at 2:14 PM
  • Yes, I spoke to him last night. It is for sure.

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Fri, Apr 20, 2012, at 3:42 PM
  • I have two sons on the wrestling team who were present at the meeting. It is definitely for sure. The irony is that Coach Schwab is going to be coaching wrestling at another Class 2 school like Dexter. So some of our wrestlers could end up competing against their old coach at State next year!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Apr 23, 2012, at 1:37 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: