Semoball

High School Football Forum: Coaching Rumors

Posted by SouthEspn on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 9:38 AM:

I have been hearing crazy things the past few days just wondering if anybody has any inside info on these rumors..

Is Norman really leaving Cape??

Is Pixley going back to Dexter???

Who are the top guys in the running for NMCC job?? heard they wanted to hire someone in the next 2 weeks.

If not Pixley in Dexter then who??

Replies (70)

• Norman is gone (at least that is the rumor up here in STL.) Might as well start thinking about who will take over.

-- Posted by Charlie Tweeter on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 9:41 AM
  • Wow...With Chison and harris coming back I thought he would give it one more swing a Webb

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 9:49 AM
  • Money talks!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by BIGELW on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 10:11 AM

If the Cape Central job opens up, with their facilities and resources, I can see that job attracting some high profile names.

-- Posted by bootheelsports on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 10:28 AM
  • Contrary to popular belief, Aaron Pixley will be the Head Coach for the Kennett Indians next year and for the foreseeable future.

-- Posted by Coach Becker on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 10:30 AM
  • Thanks for clearing that up Coach Becker...I sure thought pixley was doing a hell of a job re-building that program....the way he got those guys working in the weightroom I would stay put as well...Kennett might take a step back this year since they are losing Wilson but they will take 2 or 3 steps forward year after..

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 10:54 AM
  • Biglew

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR LOL

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 10:55 AM
  • Biglew

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR LOL

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 10:55 AM
  • Pixley made a trip to dexter high school 2 weeks ago , that is not a rumor .

-- Posted by indian70 on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 11:17 AM
  • He still has lots of friends that work in this district. That is not a secret.

-- Posted by Coach Becker on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 11:20 AM
  • just whot u talking bout Couch Beeker bout pixlxley Bucko? splain too me whot secet is that he lotts of freinds bub in the dixtrict? u tyin to stort rumor indain70 bout pixlxley bub? whot u w a a are just and why u ca why u care bout if he make a tip to dexter hight school Bucko?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 11:51 AM
  • Norman has looked for another opportunity after every season at Cape. As I said on another thread, Cape payscale is terrible. Kids at Central love playing for him but that will also translate to any school he coaches.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 11:56 AM
  • Norman needs to hang tight until the Jackson job comes open. It might be sooner than later...

-- Posted by Deuce43 on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 11:59 AM
  • From what I hear some of the community and school leaders thought that they had the job filled but their arrangement was trumped and fell through. Now they are calling people asking them to apply but aren't having much luck. Has Dexter ever won a state championship in any team sport, besides the golf championship that was in the 90's? Wouldn't that mean that they are the only school in Stoddard County to not have a state championship in either basketball, baseball, volleyball, football,don't see that changing any time soon.

-- Posted by dexterdoesitall on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 1:43 PM
  • Why would Norman leave Cape for Jackson???

I don't know a lot about those up north districts but I'm curious......Is Jackson a better job than Cape???

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 2:20 PM

What about the other Pixley brother? Is he still at Kennett?

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 2:56 PM
  • Yes, Jackson is a better job just about anyway you look at it, but you also have to know Norman's history. Norman is from Jackson, played at Jackson and his brother is still an assistant coach at Jackson. He was passed over when they hired Eckley because of limited head coaching experience. He has proven himself by taking a terrible Cape program and turning it around. He has outcoached Eckley in head-to-head matchups and has shown he is a real leader who the kids really look up to.

It is just a gut feeling, but I think Eckley will be moving on soon and it might not be by his own choice.

Nathan might very well take a new job in STL for the money and he definitely deserves it. He is a quality person and a terrific coach. I, for one, hope to see him back in The Pit someday!

-- Posted by Deuce43 on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 3:20 PM
  • The trip Pixley made to Dexter high school was right after they started looking for a coach . so should we not think he was making a move .

-- Posted by indian70 on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 3:37 PM
  • The reason I care is he is our Kennett coach . We need to know because if Pixley leaves Kennett we need to know so we can start looking for a new coach

-- Posted by indian70 on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 3:46 PM
  • First of all if Jackson gets rid of Coach Eckley they are crazy. Just a darn good coach. But getting Coach Norman, wow. If my memory serves me correct, Kennett "hired" Coach Pixley from Dexter where he was entrenched, with an offer he couldn't refuse. He is highly respected and deservedly so. If Dexter wants him back I don't blame them. In my opinion brother Arlen would be a good fit at Dexter too. One thing for sure at least the quality of football in SEMO has picked up with these guys leading their respective teams and who can leave out Coach Wyatt. Just one heck of a job.

-- Posted by lonesomedavepeverett on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 4:01 PM
  • But who will we get at Kennett ?

-- Posted by indian70 on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 4:32 PM
  • Where did Peden end up?

-- Posted by crackerjack on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 4:47 PM

If Aaron leaves Kennett, Arlen gets the promotion.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 4:58 PM
  • indian70, rest your weary head. Pix is my best friend. We have discussed this in great detail. He will be at Kennett for years to come. Congratulations.

-- Posted by Coach Becker on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 9:32 PM
  • Thanks , its going to be a rough year losing Wilson, we don't need to lose coach Pixley , its going good ,glad you know he is staying !

-- Posted by indian70 on Thu, Feb 4, 2016, at 9:44 PM
  • Thanks WWE and Deuce for clearing that up because from looking at those 2 jobs just on its face Cape is the better job but i didnt know norman was from Jackson that changes a lot...

What about the Nmcc job??? A few weeks ago I was hearing Coach Porter and Peden were the leading candidates....

Who is everybody hearing???

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Fri, Feb 5, 2016, at 6:44 AM
  • His new school will, likely, be his last job ever. It is a great district with great academics and it is growing. The last head coach was there for over 20 years. Lots of stability. He will do well there. He should be flying high in no time.

-- Posted by Charlie Tweeter on Fri, Feb 5, 2016, at 7:36 AM
  • Coach Becker, what about Arlen? Is he also staying in Kennett? Aaron did apply at Dexter correct? Then he withdrew his application soon after. Just thought you could lay all these rumors to rest for us

-- Posted by Thatguy1 on Fri, Feb 5, 2016, at 9:35 AM
  • There is a lot of good coaches but they won't look good unless they have that one super star .As great a coach as Pixley is he went 1-9 his last year at Dexter and he was a good coach he just did not have that one super star ! They can make an avg. coach look great .

-- Posted by indian70 on Fri, Feb 5, 2016, at 10:37 AM
  • Every time Coach Pixley comes to town he is hit up by everyone from his old players to the old Bearcat fans to consider coming back. With that being said he says he is happy at Kennett, he has a nice home, loves the kids and the people treat him great and make him feel appreciated. His roots are in Dexter. If he considered.... it didn't happen. Believe me when Coach Becker says it's not happening, it's not happening.

-- Posted by lonesomedavepeverett on Fri, Feb 5, 2016, at 11:42 AM
  • just whot quklaications do it toke to be footbell couch lonesomedavepervert?? u now somntghing that we do not Bucko? u thinks pizxcley will be a kennutt nex year bub?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Fri, Feb 5, 2016, at 11:47 AM
  • Bearcat, the only qualification needed is they must teach the alligator arm tackle you made famous.

-- Posted by lonesomedavepeverett on Fri, Feb 5, 2016, at 2:00 PM
  • just whot u talking bout lonesomedavepervert? who just a a a is a who whot is a aligatioor am tackle bub? u knows how to pay foosball Bucko?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Fri, Feb 5, 2016, at 2:39 PM
  • Indian70,

I'm sure you are a good person. With that said, please do us Kennett fans a favor and stay off of here. You aren't knowledgeable about sports and it's very obvious to those who understand sports. Just keeping it real.

-- Posted by indianchief on Fri, Feb 5, 2016, at 5:05 PM
  • Ok I will just try to learn from your knowledge . Its all in fun .

-- Posted by indian70 on Fri, Feb 5, 2016, at 6:10 PM
  • Hey chief - last time I checked, this was a public forum and anyone can post. Leave the guy alone. If you have to be knowledgeable about the sport, then most of us shouldn't be posting on here.

-- Posted by Thatguy1 on Fri, Feb 5, 2016, at 6:13 PM
  • I am a Kennett fan 100percent . Just call them like I see them and tell the truth .

-- Posted by indian70 on Fri, Feb 5, 2016, at 6:15 PM

Don't the Pixley brothers also coach the Kennett wrestling team? I can see them staying where they're at for a while just for the fact that they're building that program from the ground up. Coaches do have a sense of pride, and they've got to be proud of what they're building with that program. Plus they've got to be living a dream coaching alongside their brother.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Sat, Feb 6, 2016, at 5:46 AM
  • That's good .

-- Posted by indian70 on Sat, Feb 6, 2016, at 9:44 AM

Norman to Linbergh!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 9:44 PM
  • I think you will see a lot of candidates for the Cape job. McGuire the OC should be at the top of the list. Cape also has two former Head Coaches on staff in Van Hitt and Gary Lynch, plus Rich Payne chomping at the bit to get back into the fray. Locally, I can see Peden, Eckley, Gibbs, and Vickery throwing their hat in the ring. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Trey Porter apply if he does not get either the New Madrid or Dexter jobs.

-- Posted by DeanCHS54 on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 10:03 PM
  • No way Eckley leaves Jackson for Cape. I was surprised you didn't mention Wyatt from Malden on that list. I would think he would apply as well.

-- Posted by Vizion on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 10:13 PM
  • I forgot Wyatt, he would be an excellent choice for the Tigers!

-- Posted by DeanCHS54 on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, at 10:18 PM
  • He's definitely had a lot of success in the area. What about Morgan from Caruthersville a few years ago? It's my understanding he's in Arkansas now, but he would be another candidate to add to that list.

-- Posted by Vizion on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 9:05 AM
  • -- Posted by unclegrubworm on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 9:23 AM

Sorry, Buck. Didn't see your post.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 9:25 AM

Oh no problem! I enjoyed reading the link. Now I'm just anxious who NMCC will hire.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 9:49 AM
  • Buck

Who are you hearing for the NMCC job nobody's saying anything..

I also could see Wyatt going to Cape and Trey Porter going to coach his old High School in Malden...

I don't know just thinking out loud

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 11:03 AM
  • Jamerson from East Prairie for the NMCC football job??

-- Posted by The Departed on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 2:52 PM

Haven't heard a lot to be honest. I think things have slowed it down a bit. Pretty much just heard all the names that have been mentioned. I'm excited for a fresh start though. I believe we have some talent coming up.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 2:58 PM
  • No way Gibbs leaves Sikeston unless he's just tired of the drive. Eckley won't take the pay cut to come to Cape even if he was interested.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 5:04 PM
  • Jamerson would be a good pick for New Madrid. He's done a good job with East Prairie. I don't know if New Madrid is reaching out to any coaches, but I would like to see him get a shot coaching at a more consistent school.

-- Posted by DeanCHS54 on Wed, Feb 10, 2016, at 6:11 PM

Jamerson being from East Prairie I don't never see him leaving unless it's for a program outside the region.

Wyatt has reached the maximum potential at Malden , he has nothing else to prove so I could see him leaving for Cape to try success at a higher level with a bigger program. He's been second to Lamar for two years, now he'd be have to try to over come Webb City, the power houses are in class 2 and 4.

NMCC and Dexter will not attract the coaches that the Cape Central job will, so I don't expect either vacancy to be filled by March.

I wouldn't be shocked if a couple more positions open up in the following weeks. It's that time of year.

Cape will have a bigger pool so their decision making may take until April.

-- Posted by bootheelsports on Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 6:45 AM
  • Crazy idea... what about Valle's coach for the Central job? I know he probably wouldn't want to leave his powerhouse, but don't you think a part of him wants to see if he can do it on a bigger stage?

-- Posted by Radar99 on Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 8:42 AM

Yeah, that's a great idea, Walt! LOL They need to stop talking about Malden's coach! Coach Wyatt still wants that next step with Malden. He's got that group of Offensive lineman for 2 more years to build an offense around them.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 9:21 AM
  • If new madrid gets the right person they can be a powerhouse with the talent coming up!

-- Posted by Indian4ever on Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 9:25 AM
  • Jamerson's family works at NMCC. Just sayin

-- Posted by eaglefan007 on Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 1:53 PM
  • Jamerson is not going to nmcc

-- Posted by m-i-z on Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 2:03 PM
  • That's called leadership. Surround yourself with folks that are smarter and then you let them do their job.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Tue, Feb 16, 2016, at 3:49 PM
  • Thank you!!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, Feb 16, 2016, at 4:25 PM
  • Hearing NMCC won't make a decision until they get Noranda stuff figured out.

-- Posted by eaglefan007 on Tue, Feb 16, 2016, at 7:06 PM
  • That makes no sense. NMCC will still have football

-- Posted by footballjunkie on Tue, Feb 16, 2016, at 10:46 PM

They'll still have football, but a whole lot less tax dollars.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Feb 16, 2016, at 10:47 PM
  • Word is Dexter will announce their new head coach today.

New Madrid waiting makes sense. You can't hire a new coach and not tell him what his salary will be.

Any heard who is applying for the Cape position?

-- Posted by Thatguy1 on Thu, Feb 18, 2016, at 6:54 AM
  • Rumor has it that Coach Peden is coming to Malden

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Tue, Mar 15, 2016, at 7:26 PM
  • Is coach Becker a coach at Dexter? If not does he still coach.

-- Posted by indian70 on Tue, Mar 15, 2016, at 11:54 PM
  • He's the baseball coach. Apparently he's best friends with Pixley but Pixley just interviewed for the Cape job. Maybe he was just doing it for the practice.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Wed, Mar 16, 2016, at 7:35 AM
  • any word on who cape is leaning towards for their HC position?

-- Posted by uptobat on Mon, Mar 21, 2016, at 1:32 PM
  • Pixley

-- Posted by bench warmer on Mon, Mar 21, 2016, at 2:53 PM

Yes congrats to Coach Arlen Pixley on the Cape job! He was a good coach at NMCC.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Mar 21, 2016, at 3:34 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: