Semoball

High School Football Forum: Why is Malden playing at Cardinal Ritter

Posted by STLFTBL on Tue, Nov 10, 2015, at 10:13 AM:

I thought Malden should be the host, what happened?

Replies (9)

• I can only assume it's because Malden has hosted 3 playoff games and CR has hosted only 2 (because of a bye due to a 7 team district). Just a guess.

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Tue, Nov 10, 2015, at 11:01 AM
  • Malden got a raw deal on that one. Cardinal Ritter was in a 7 team district and Cardinal Ritter only got to host 2 district games. Malden hosted 3 district games, so by rule, Cardinal Ritter hosts. This should have been Malden's year to host. Bummer for Malden.

-- Posted by Only facts on Tue, Nov 10, 2015, at 11:04 AM
  • I believe robbincrosby is correct. If I remember correctly, John Burroughs was supposed to travel to Central last year, but since Burroughs had a team forfeit against them during districts they only had 2 home games instead of 3. So therefore they regained home field advantage.

-- Posted by sportsfanSFC on Tue, Nov 10, 2015, at 11:06 AM
  • I hate how they do that. Whoever is supposed to host should be the team that hosts the game.

-- Posted by sportsfanSFC on Tue, Nov 10, 2015, at 11:07 AM
  • I assume Ritter had a 7 team dist. due to MRH cancelling football?

-- Posted by mojo3 on Tue, Nov 10, 2015, at 11:07 AM
  • Bull$Hit rule! Imo, A bye week should count for a home game.They even got extra week to heal players..

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Tue, Nov 10, 2015, at 11:35 AM

Last year PHC had to travel to Burroughs for 2nd yr in a row instead of them coming here also. Their school asked for it not ours. So maybe that is what happened here also?

-- Posted by Football4me on Tue, Nov 10, 2015, at 11:37 AM
  • Valle is getting the same deal with thayer because of greenfield. We could be going on our 3rd straight semifinal roadtrip. I think the brackets should be locked and stop rewarding teams with losses with home playoff games. 2 & 3 seeds if they get out of the district have huge advantage of home quarter and semifinal games

-- Posted by Red & black brotherhood on Tue, Nov 10, 2015, at 4:31 PM
  • Why is there a significant "home field" advantage? Last year, Malden didn't seem to be affected on the road against Cardinal Ritter, winning 47-6!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Nov 11, 2015, at 12:41 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: