Semoball

High School Football Forum: Former MAFC White member Maplewood dropping football?...

Posted by gianthook on Fri, Mar 6, 2015, at 11:51 AM:

Can anyone confirm? CHS2MRH? Two 2-8 seasons the last two years, however the Blue Jays have had a 90-43 record since 2004. Hate to see any school drop any sport.

Replies (7)

I saw the same thing on a different forum, and did some research with no results. Also, I think they are the Blue Devils.

-- Posted by OldManFootball on Fri, Mar 6, 2015, at 12:37 PM
  • We just havent had the numbers to come out and participate. Even in hoops our numbers are low. Yes OMF we are the Blue Devils. Although I am still a Blue Jay at heart. We hope that in a year we can get more kids interested in playing.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Mar 6, 2015, at 12:45 PM

As I recall, MRH had to forfeit a game last season against Borgia because injuries left them without enough players.

They've been very good in the past. They are the last team to beat Lamar in the playoffs--did it in the semis in 2010. They gave Lamar another tough game, its closest in the playoffs, the next year when it lost to them in the semis. In 2012, MRH advanced to the q-finals.

Even in those years, the team didn't have a lot of players. When they beat Lamar in 2010, I think MRH had 30+ guys and Lamar had over 80.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Fri, Mar 6, 2015, at 12:55 PM
  • Coach Frazier,

Came to your game last night and enjoyed watching your kids play. They played extremely hard and really played beyond their talent level. Always fun to watch a team who puts their team before themselves. Your kids' expressions never changed, and they hustled until the final buzzer. Congratulations on another winning season and good luck in the future.

-- Posted by kools&oe on Fri, Mar 6, 2015, at 12:56 PM
  • With all the success MRH has had in the past in football you would think turnout wouldn't be an issue. I hope they stick it out and don't drop the program after a couple of down years.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 6, 2015, at 1:00 PM
  • Thanks a bunch Kool. Thats all I ask of them is to play hard for 32 minutes. Yes I agree we exceeded our talent level and as a coach I am proud of that. We had our chances to win, but just wasn't our day. Good luck to PHC, but if my Blue Jays have to face them I have to root for my home team.lol. I enjoyed the game yesterday and I wish coach Harlow and his staff well.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Mar 6, 2015, at 1:04 PM
  • DYAC changed the Blue Devils that I originally typed to Blue Jays. Didn't proofread. Ugh!

-- Posted by gianthook on Fri, Mar 6, 2015, at 3:39 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: