Semoball

High School Football Forum: Told You SO

Posted by workethic on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 3:21 PM:

Malden was the second best class 2 team that Lamar has faced this year. I guess people were right the Lamar Strafford game was the title game.

Replies (62)

• Congrats on a good season Malden but yes the Lamar-Strafford game was the title game.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 3:38 PM
  • Not a Malden fan or Lamar fan,, but come on man,that was the best defense you guys have saw in Class 2 all season.

-- Posted by eagletimer on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 3:38 PM
  • Defense Yes---Offense NO

-- Posted by workethic on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 3:39 PM
  • Malden played tough, but in the end the machine known as Lamar was just unstoppable. Keep your head up Greenwave basketball season is almost here.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 3:40 PM

That was a great game! And, in my opinion better than the Strafford game. Malden has nothing to be ashamed of! Great little town with great hospitality as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure we'll meet again soon!

-- Posted by LamarTigerFan on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 3:51 PM
  • Congrats on a great season Malden.

Congratulations to Lamar on another trip to the Dome!

-- Posted by MOvballfan on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 3:59 PM
  • Lamar is the best team I've seen. That being said it was a good game and you had to be there to see how these teams went at it. Our defense played great but our offense couldn't keep them off the field. The mistake on kickoff really cost us. Our defense is definitely the best they have played and stats prOve that.. Numbers don't lie. Of course we couldn't get it going on offense.. Nobody has. Strafford is more explosive but we proved we better team overall.

-- Posted by OnceAGreenwave on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 4:36 PM
  • That Malden team has nothing to hang their head about. That was a great game. Only two teams to contain the offense that well this year were a class 4 team that was ranked in the top 5, and a class 3 team that missed going to the dome today by a blocked extra point at the end of the game. I am sure we will meet again, hopefully at our place next time. I hope that you all find our little town as hospitable as we found yours. Thanks for a great day of football.

-- Posted by Lamar Fan on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 4:46 PM
  • Great season Malden. In my opinion this was the year if Malden was going to go far in which they did. Lamar will more than likely start seeing cville again in the semis from here on out. You never know though

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 5:04 PM
  • I'm not going to say I told you so. But jstt I don't think we will see you back on here. But was a great game Malden I'm very proud of y'all the defense came to play. Lamar just to good across the board but be proud y'all done a great job Now can't wait to watch Lamar vs vallie next year

-- Posted by Steve88 on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 5:12 PM
  • Won't see Lamar/Valle next year. Two years from now is when that series starts, 2016.

-- Posted by Squeak on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 5:16 PM
  • Depending on South Callaway and after playing both Malden and Stafford I think the Lamar-Malden game will be the state game. Stafford was good but they would need something that we didn't see at Lamar to beat Malden. Not at all taking away from Stafford either. They were good.

-- Posted by l_Pete_l on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 5:20 PM
  • Steve88, so what if you told us so? It certainly wasn't any team that you played on or for, or even represented that defeated the Green Wave this season. That can only be said by the Lamar Tigers. So how about you just stop being a troll. The Green Wave had a great season whether you like it or not.

-- Posted by ROLLWAVE on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 5:37 PM

Steve88, I'm here! Not going anywhere! LOL What I can say has already been said! That was a great game! Congrats, Lamar!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 5:48 PM
  • Lamar would beat Valle by 2-3 td's at least.

-- Posted by Coachken on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 6:04 PM

What the heck are you snorting/drinking/injecting/smoking Coachken? Valle would beat any Class 2 or 3 team this year.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 6:30 PM
  • Rollwave u mad lol if u look at one of the topix I started was about Lamar. People like you and jstt are the reason people was wanting to see Malden get beat just to say I told you so. But as far as Malden great team great year hats hat to them

-- Posted by Steve88 on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 6:37 PM
  • Here we go again

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 6:37 PM
  • People like me? You don't know me, lol! I'm not mad at all, I just enjoyed the best football game Malden had all year. The reason trolls like you wanted Malden to lose is b/c you didn't/couldn't beat the Wave!

-- Posted by ROLLWAVE on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 6:51 PM
  • Hey Delo we will be back next year. Cville will be good next year but we will be better. Malden is gonna hold the district down a couple more years. Oh I mean Stupid Steve88. Dude you are the most arrogant fan/fanatic there is. Get a life and give Malden sports some respect. I guess since you don't work you have time to be a internet troll:

-- Posted by Green&goldfan on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 6:57 PM

ROLLWAVE, you're exactly right about Steve88, but nevertheless I too enjoyed watching the Malden defense do what some said couldn't be done. My hat is off to Lamar for finding a way to score but it wasn't like many thought. Critics swore that the double QB look would dominate. It didn't, but Lamar are champs and champs find a way to make it happen! Again, congrats to Lamar. Steve88, your words still mean nothing!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 7:00 PM
  • Still would like to see how it plays out without the muffed kickoff after the safety. That was a huge momentum swing.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 7:04 PM
  • The muffed kickoff hurt, but being so early in the game, realistically would have had little effect on the eventual outcome.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 7:20 PM
  • Green and gold fan need to check again I do work 5 days a week u need a job ? As far as Malden being back sure they will be all the teams are coming back. I'm sure cville will be better so will a lot of the down programs around here. Malden will drop off some they are losing some good players. And i said Malden played good but not going to take them against Lamar

-- Posted by Steve88 on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 7:45 PM

That muffed kick COULD have been the difference in Malden going into half up 9-7 (considering the momentum at the time Malden could possibly had scored) or going in down 7-2 or 14-2. It really was a huge momentum shift. I hope the player won't dwell on it because he's only a freshman and will be a future star for Malden. I felt sorry for him.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 7:47 PM
  • Malden didn't even score. I figured they would have at least scored.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 8:30 PM
  • A safety is a score.

-- Posted by T-Roll on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 8:44 PM
  • Have you seen Lamar's defense in person? Lamar has allowed 5 points per game this season. They simply do not allow touchdowns. Lamar players, and fans were telling players and fans of Malden that we are better than Strafford. We are the best 2A team they have faced this year and I think you could ask almost any lamar fan or player and they would agree. Malden has nothing to be ashamed about and I GUARANTEE that the ones with the negative comments weren't even at the game. Was a great game to watch and proud of our Green Wave, and am gonna miss the seniors. Gonna miss seeing these guys: #1 #2 #6 #22 #33 #55 #56 #66 #60 #63 #64 #70 #76

Gonna miss seeing this group of extraordinary young men. Good luck and enjoy your senior year fellas. We are extremely proud of you all!! go Green Wave!

-- Posted by OnceAGreenwave on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 8:47 PM
  • CoachKen, haha no Lamar wouldn't be up 2-3 TD's on valle, this year, with these players, it would be a war between which champs are better this year. Both very good and very dominate teams, like said earlier, champs always find a way to win

-- Posted by Blitz on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 8:52 PM
  • If Lamar wins it all this year and I'm sure they will,they need to go ahead and get those dozen or so kids and go ahead and move up to class 3 no reason to keep staying in class 2 nothing more to prove.There are a great team and had a few more horses then Malden did! Imo, take a few kids off the Lamar team and put them on Malden's team and the game could've been reversed

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:04 PM
  • Congrats to the Malden program on a very good year. After getting on here and listening to all the people talking smack about this Malden team, I thought they were overrated. Not at all. They played hard for four quarters and left it all on the field. Their defense was without doubt the best Class 2 defense Lamar has faced in the past several years. They made Lamar earn every yard they got. It was a defensive battle. They should not dwell on this one game, but remember the entire season as a huge success. Thanks for being good hosts.

And Strongside, if Skyline can score 28 and Marionville 20 on Valle, Lamar would hang 60. It wouldn't be close.

-- Posted by Lifelong Tiger on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:11 PM
  • Leave it to a Valle person to jump in here..

fact is Lamar would roll Valle and a number of Class 3 schools would as well.

-- Posted by MoSooner on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 10:32 PM
  • There is no way Valle would hang with Lamar this year. Lamar is way to strong up front. Valle gave up around 500 yards today to a team strafford destroyed. And we know what Lamar did to strafford. Valle would probably be the 4th or 5th best team in class 2.

-- Posted by Coachken on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 10:33 PM
  • Ok, so if Valle would be top 5 in class 2, and Malden is considered by many to be the 2nd best team in class 2....how many Semoball fans would it take to debate who is better? :P

-- Posted by semolian on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 11:23 PM
  • Coach ken brought up valle. so I did not hop in. plus skyline realistically scored 14, of you call scoring on a few varsity kids and the rest jv the 4th quarter scoring points then Ig that's not really fair. valle dominated yesturday, and a W is a W. I'm just stating my opinion. and that is that Lamar would not spent valle. the state game is a rematch and Valle won the first match 70-14, if you wouldn't put them top 3 in class two then you certainly haven't watched Valle at all haha

-- Posted by Blitz on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 5:40 AM
  • skyline got so many yards bc Valle scored almost every time right away after getting the ball, leaving skylines offense plenty of time to be on the field and score points. Valle has only punted 3 times this year as well, so lamars line would be dominate, but so is valles, they are explosive on the outside in spread, they don't run up the middle a whole lot

-- Posted by Blitz on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 5:43 AM
  • sprry for all the comments, just stating my opinion, I have a whole lot of respect for Lamar and malden. I just don't think it's fair to put down a team that most people haven't seen or kno many real facts on. please come watch next weekend at the dome, and also in 2016 as these teams play. it will be a very good matchup, I want to congradulate both Lamar and Malden on great seasons! I don't wanna start an argument over this, I just want everyone to see how good of teams some of these lower classes are producing

-- Posted by Blitz on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 6:19 AM
  • 72-28 Westran and Valle's first matchup, only correcting it bc I don't wanna be argued later haha

-- Posted by Blitz on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 6:39 AM
  • Nobody is saying Valle is not good. But Lamar has some freakin animals up front. And when you give up 500 yards your not dominating. And you think Valle has more speed than Malden? Be happy just being Valle. Before watching 3-4 Lamar games I probably agreed with you but Lamar is a machine that plays some excellent class 3-4 teams. And I know Valle plays class 3 schools. But those teams could not win a playoff game vs a team that was 1pt away from the class 3 title game. Valle and Malden would be a good game but I'd take Malden. You can't be a Valle fan and have a unbiased opinion.

-- Posted by Coachken on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 7:00 AM
  • I still don't see how 41-14 at half isn't dominating haha, there's no pleasing you people

-- Posted by Blitz on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 7:08 AM
  • We all think that 41-14 at half is dominating. And beating Marionville 48-20 is also a big win. But, those teams are not great teams. Strafford beat Marionville 47-0 and Skyline 63-7. And you know what Lamar did to Strafford. Who has Valle beat this year in Class 2 or Class 3 that is a top ten team?

Lamar has wins over a Class 3 semifinalist, Monett. A one point loss to a Class 4 team, Carl Junction, that has only 3 losses in the last two years. All three to Webb City. Wins over an undefeated Strafford and an undefeated Malden. Both top 5 Class 2 teams.

Valle is a very good Class 1 team. Lamar is a very good Class 2 team.

-- Posted by Lifelong Tiger on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 8:02 AM
  • Lifelong tiger. Would you happen to know the stats from yesterday game with Lamar and Malden. Or would anyone know them would really like to see them

-- Posted by Steve88 on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 8:38 AM
  • Valle doesn't get the opportunity to play big school due to big schools not scheduling..so it's just all opinions.. safe to say Lamar and valle are dpminate teams Thayer fun to watch

-- Posted by Blitz on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 8:39 AM
  • Steve88 I would like to see them myself, but it will read something in affect that both teams punted more in one game than the entire season. Lamar shut Maldens offense out. Our defense put our only points on the board. We also reigned thier offense way back. You watched the same game I did! I have been waiting all season for team to play Malden tough. The lamar team did and came out on top. Not the outcome any of the true Malden fans wanted but it is what it is. They have a very good program and will be a force no matter what class they play in. They are just a few students away from having to move to class 3. I think they would rightfully dominate there in class 3. C2D1 has some serious work to do to unseat the west side of the state(lamar). One thing is certian Malden will have a good group of underclass men that are prepared to put the work in for next season. A very very good season for Malden this year. Time will tell about next season. Now on to basketball and then track&abase ball. Want to also wish Lamar Good luck next week. Which I don't think luck is anything they need.

-- Posted by Green&goldfan on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 9:40 AM
  • As long as Lamar stays in Class 2, they will be a team capable of winning it all. They might not win it, but they will be in contention for years to come. Coach Bailey and his staff have a very good program started and some very good young talent on the way. Most people, except for Lamar fans, thought that Lamar would drop off after that great group of seniors graduated from last year. This years team is not as dominate as the last couple of years. But, they don't have to be. They just have to be better than the team that lines up across from them each week.

This team is loaded with young talent. The sophomores and freshmen have the potential to be the best back to back classes ever from Lamar. It will all depend on how hard they want to work.

So, for those wondering if Lamar will be able to compete with Valle in a couple years, they will be just fine.

-- Posted by Lifelong Tiger on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 2:03 PM
  • LifelongTiger, Lamar will dominate class 2 for many many years it's a large class 2 school and could consistently go to the dome in class three...In all my years watching small school football,nothing about Lamar looked small...I know you can talk about the weightlifting program they got but lifting weights doesn't make guys grow 6'3, 6'5. Awesome football program and you guys should be proud to be able to enjoy that every year...Last time I seen an offense and defensive line that big was at a south east Missouri college football game last year! Lol

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 3:35 PM
  • Are Valle and Lamar playing each other in the regular season at some point? I'm not understanding all the Valle/Lamar talk.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 4:02 PM
  • Yes they are bulletman in 2016 and 2017.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 4:04 PM
  • LifelongTiger, Lamar will dominate class 2 for many many years it's a large class 2 school and could consistently go to the dome in class three...In all my years watching small school football,nothing about Lamar looked small...I know you can talk about the weightlifting program they got but lifting weights doesn't make guys grow 6'3, 6'5. Awesome football program and you guys should be proud to be able to enjoy that every year...Last time I seen an offense and defensive line that big was at a south east Missouri college football game last year! Lol

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 4:10 PM
  • Sorry not sure how that showed up twice

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 4:12 PM
  • Thanks Preacher.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 4:18 PM
  • Does anyone here think the Rams are better than the Broncos? If your answer is "no" (the only logical answer) then you all realize that the "they beat Strafford and Strafford killed Skyline" doesn't necessarily mean Lamar kills Valle.

All I'm saying is if you compare single game results you're suffering from tunnel vision.

Lamar vs Valle would be a battle. Who wins? Lamar should....so what? Is it a guarantee? Nope.

CoachKen, curious why did you bring Valle up in this thread?

-- Posted by QuitCryin&PlayBall on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 4:20 PM

sO valle is or isnt moving up to class2? IM confused.

-- Posted by Rabble!Rabble! on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 4:58 PM
  • Nevermind Coach.....I see why u made the remark. My oversight.

-- Posted by QuitCryin&PlayBall on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 5:02 PM
  • Rabble, Valle is a very small Class 1 program. They are a long way from being Class 2 eligible. The answer is no.

They are simply picking up Class 2 Lamar as a non-conference game.

-- Posted by QuitCryin&PlayBall on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 5:05 PM
  • Steve88, all the stats I know about was on MoSports. Someone posted that Lamar had 475 yards of offense. I think they had 105 passing. I don't know if this is correct. Like I said, some poster on MoSports trying to stir up trouble between Webb City and Lamar posted this.

-- Posted by Lifelong Tiger on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 9:14 PM

OK thanks playball!!

-- Posted by Rabble!Rabble! on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 9:48 PM

Great season for Malden. When two good teams meet one of them is always better and that happened to be Lamar. This will be a season that will go done in Malden's lore for years to come.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 12:35 AM

The SEMOBALL has a headline today of the game. I think Lamar had 223 rushing and a total of 337ish. Malden had 123 rushing and 40 something passing. It was a great defensive effort by both teams.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 8:51 AM
  • Coach Bailey told the Malden players they were the best team they'd seen and would hang with ANY in their conference without a doubt.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 9:50 AM

Excellent hosts. Polite and accommodating school and fans. Very good football team. Thanks for changing the weather, as it was quite enjoyable. In 2006, Lamar was very similar to what the Green Wave experienced, this year. We were going deeper in the playoffs than ever before. The town was excited and the fans were pumped. Our season was ended by Mt. Grove 13-9. Coach Wyatt happened to be on that coaching staff, I believe. Pretty wild how things come around. Good game, Malden. You guys deserve much respect.

-- Posted by LHSTiger81 on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 11:00 AM
  • LHSTiger81, likewise, your boys showed a lot of class and we all got to watch some good ol' smashmouth, hard hitting football. Good luck to the Tigers at the Dome!

-- Posted by mobrigade on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 11:49 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: