Semoball

High School Football Forum: Malden vs. Caruthersville

Posted by bootheelsports on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 9:36 AM:

Both teams are ranked in Missouri Class 2. #8 Malden, 1-0 and #9 Caruthersville, 0-1. The game will be played at Hopke Field in Caruthersville. The Caruthersville Tigers defeated Malden 60-18 in the Class 2, District 1 championship game last Nonmember. With that said, who wins Friday Night ?

Replies (91)

• Malden--by a touchdown

-- Posted by CatDad on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 11:29 AM

The game we played against Mt. View was our jamboree. It basically showed Jimmy and the staff what needs to be worked on. We did not do bad we just ran into a team that worked harder during the offseason. This is a very young Tiger team with new skill position players all over the field. We do have plenty of depth, we were switching in 3-4 players consistently on defense. One thing I noticed that we were also switching players around on the offensive line and that could have been the reason we were so out of sync on offense. I have never seen that unless of an injury. Malden is the team that has something to prove in this game they should be the favorites simply because they have more experience returning. Look folks Malden has won one game against Caruthersville in the last 10 years that season they won was the year Caruthersville lost their school to the tornado.

I think Caruthersville will do just fine against Malden, we have already faced the toughest team on our regular schedule so we know what we need to work on. We have had a winning tradition in this area while it seems most other schools have rebuilding phases every 2-3 years. I know it seems like this should be our rebuilding phase but we still have a team with enough around it to beat the teams around here. I know it will not be in blow out fashion as it has been the last few years but I know we can get the job done.

I say the Tigers will win by 2 TDs.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 11:32 AM
  • Malden by 14

-- Posted by Tiger1996 on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 2:21 PM
  • Malden by double digits.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 2:29 PM
  • I'm giving a slight edge to Malden because I think their skill positions are more experienced that Caruthersville's right now, especially at the all-important position of QB. But that may very well change come playoff time after the Tigers's young guns get a full season of varsity experience.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 3:05 PM
  • Malden also has the edge on coaching staff experience.

-- Posted by Pete Czeria on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 6:45 PM

Caruthersville has had Malden number for years. I think they will again this year. So I'm going with Caurthersville by 20. Losing Monroe doesn't help Malden swing 42 points in one year. One thing that's as consistent as Caruthersville football in class 2 is the bandwagon of fans in Southeast Missouri.

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 10:11 AM

People tend to forget, Monroe didn't play in the district championship last year against Malden and still put up 62 points. I do think Malden is much better this year though and will be a very tight game throughout.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 11:02 AM

The one thing that concerns me the most is Cville's inexperience compared to Malden's veteran squad. We have the talent no doubt about that, but how long will it take to start gelling together. Liberty was a tough first game to start off a football career for many of these players but the more they play, the better they'll get. Saying that, I still have to go with Cville in this one. Malden will be hungry for a win Friday so my Tigers better come ready to play.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 11:15 AM
  • Cheese, I believe the experience will pan out in this game. I picked Malden to win in a close game on pick'em, but I have a feeling I may be picking Caruthersville at the end of the year after the younger players get some experience under their belt. I think Cville has more talent though.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 11:39 AM

Should be a good game. Im anxious to hear who wins. My pick is Malden in a close game.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 11:40 AM

Malden By 7-14. Malden is loaded and I think this is their year to make some noise.

-- Posted by Harry_Callahan on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 6:38 PM
  • Caruthersville by a minimum of 2 scores. Caruthersville has inexperience at the skill positions, but aside from ball security issues last week, these guys are talented. The Tigers have a veteran line which I think will dominate on both sides of the ball much like we're used to seeing against Malden. I believe too many people are placing trust in week 1 scores for their week 2 predictions. Malden was the beneficiary of multiple short fields from NMCC as was Liberty from CHS. How many years have we seen Caruthersville get kicked around by MVL to come back week 2 and destroy a hopeful Malden squad. I see R. Jones with 2 TD's on the ground and Faulkner with 2 TD's through the air and a tiger breaking free for a KRTD. The defense will smother the run game of Malden and force Riley to pass which history shows he does not do well vs. Caruthersville secondary. If I'm wrong, I like my crow grilled, not fried.

-- Posted by talkintiger on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 8:27 AM
  • Malden is loaded with way more skills than cville in my opinion . Jones, Perkins,Dobbins,Robinson,Thompson,Triplet,McCormick, as for cville i only know off 3 talented skills. But all we can do is wait for Kickoff and see how this one plays out.

-- Posted by central101 on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 2:46 PM

If you can't win at the line of scrimmage, skill position players don't matter. Malden has been dominated on the line for many years against Cville. Is this the year they compete where it matters the most, the line? Cville has a very good line so it's an interesting match up indeed. Should come down to the last quarter of play.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 2:50 PM

Strickland and Monroe will be the best two lineman on the field. Robinson and Jones are probably tied with ability. QBs are tied. The skill level at C'ville has always topped Malden, this may be a game of Special Teams.

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 2:59 PM
  • QB's are tied PoliticalCorrect? Malden's Chapin Riley is a three-year starter. Tomorrow night will be the 2nd career varsity start for Caruthersville's QB. Not saying the kid can't play, but experience at the varsity level is huge.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 5:34 PM
  • I'm leaning towards Malden in this one. Both have an experienced line, and C'ville has two very good players, Monroe & Stricklin playing there, but I think Malden's line is much improved and underrated. I think it will be a good fight up front, but think Malden gets a slight edge at the skill position, and have the experience edge at those positions. C'ville will be much improved, and will get more and more solid as the year goes on, but I think this is a good game for Malden, as long as they cut down on the penalties and the mistakes on special teams. Should be a great game. I'm picking Malden.

-- Posted by kyjones_35 on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 7:31 PM
  • I would argue Clark & cooper both 3 year starters I believe on defense are gonna give those two linemen all they want all night long . As for Riley his struggles in the past with cville may have to do with him being a freshman & sophomore starter against good varsity cville teams . As far as skill positions malden is deeper this year .im already tired of hearing the inexperience excuses before they have even lost . Malden has been inexperienced the last two years now this year they have the experience and all the talk has been about how if cville loses it will be because of inexperience . They may just lose to a better football team this year then again they may win we will see tomarrow.

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 7:38 PM
  • Couldn't have said it better @ Ramfanman

-- Posted by central101 on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 8:15 PM

Excuses? Saying they have inexperienced players is a fact. No one from Cville has said anything about losing because the lack of experience. If we lose, it will be because Malden came to play and was the better team. Still remains to be seen. In fact, I don't think experience will matter too much. You say Malden has had inexperience the last two years, what about the other 8 years Cville has beat them?

Everyone from Cville is giving Malden credit this year before they have even played Cville. They have a good team. In fact, you could say the Tigers are considered the underdogs in this one. Most of Semoball picked Malden, 45 picks to cville 6. How much more props do you guys want? I was impressed with them last year. I wouldn't crown them anything until they get it done on the field though.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 8:28 PM
  • I'm not crowning them or saying they are going to win. But you need to read all the comments because I have seen several that are saying well we are inexperienced and even if we lose now we are going to be better because our skills are better by the end of the year.you guys have had a great run maybe it will continue maybe it will end most of the time no team stays on top forever could be one bad year could be a run of a few years these things run in cycles sometimes.don't bring up the past every time you get defensive you have eyes and can see what I am saying about the other posts surely. I'm not wanting to argue with you I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years and you seem like a level head guy I just don't want any excuses from anyone else if you guys lose and I won't make any if we lose .

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 9:08 PM
  • Can someone give me the frequency of the Malden radio station

-- Posted by lastride67 on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 9:18 PM
  • Cville has lost a ton of leadership in both coaching and players. That being said they are still the team to best until it happens and it hasn't happened yet. I will say just because certain lineman on cville are hyped does not mean they are anything other than cheap shot artists. Will be interesting to see if they can keep their cool without the leadership they lost

-- Posted by Semoespn on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 9:19 PM

Ramfanman-Didn't mean to come off defensive. I only brought up the past because you brought up the past first, thought it was okay. You won't have any excuses from this Tiger fan, that I can assure you. I said on multiple occasions Malden could very well win the game Friday. The statement made that the players who are inexperienced will be better as the season goes could very well be true. The more you play the game, the better you normally get. Believe it or not, I'm a Malden fan. The team reminds me of Cville will all those play makers on the field. You're correct, every school goes through cycles and Cville will have down years one day. No team is immune to it unless your Webb City lol. Please don't take what I say negative. I'm a fan of the game, and a fan of all teams in Semo. Well except one, but most know what team that is and it's not Malden.

Semoespn-You just proved you're a player. What adult would make an assumption like that or even know that without having played on the field with those guys. I'm sure lots of stuff goes on with lineman go at it in the trenches. It happens on all levels including NFL. What makes them good is their toughness and knowledge of the position. They are two of the best at what they do. No need in mouth running on a forum, just go out tomorrow night and take care of business.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 9:52 PM
  • There is a difference in playing to the echo of the whistle and flat out drilling people in the back or after the whistle. I will leave it at that. I can assure you I am not a player but I do have eyes and did not mean to insinuate I was talking about 2 players. I meant artist. My bad. It will still be tough for Malden to win especially at cville. Hope everyone there sees a great game

-- Posted by Semoespn on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 10:02 PM

Lastride, here's the link to the game from Cville's radio station.

http://kcrvradio.com/

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 10:10 PM
  • One of the best, yes

-- Posted by Semoespn on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 10:14 PM
  • It don't matter what team you are the game will be made in the trenches and the best experienced players in the trenches will win bc they will open the hole for the men with the ball and I believe that Malden will be the best in the trenches.

-- Posted by BigMan17 on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 10:59 PM

What is the X-factor? Is it the linemen, the skill players, offense, defense, special teams, or the coaching staff ?

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 8:32 AM

concession stand foods

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 8:37 AM
  • That has got to go to Kennett, they have the best nachos

-- Posted by CatDad on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 8:42 AM
  • I'm just saying if you don't have anyone up front that can protect then you have nothing and I think that Malden has the better front 5 bc some of them guys up front it's their fourth year starting up there and others have three but the most experienced line and the strongest line will take care of the game and then the rest will follow with the skills and special teams etc. I think that Malden has the most experienced line and has the strongest line.

-- Posted by BigMan17 on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 8:45 AM
  • You obviously haven't seen the bodies of some of the younger guys on Caruthersville's line. Have we forgotten what experience the CHS line is bringing to the game? Monroe, Stricklin, let's not forget Leatherwood who actually was in the backfield quite often last week for what was an overall bad game for an inexperienced, out of position defense. Malden may have 4 year guys up front, but that means for the last 3 years they have been knocked around by the Caruthersville line. I don't see this one being any different. Especially if the tigers get the passing game going early.

-- Posted by talkintiger on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 10:09 AM
  • Obviously this will probly be the best game of the nite, hope y'all see a good one.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 10:19 AM

I think whichever team get the lead tonight will not pull the dogs off, especially if this is a District statement game.

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 10:25 AM
  • Size don't matter if your not fast on the line. Malden has a faster offense and defensive line than what you think and trust me I know how Caruthersville line is. Their feet are not as fast as maldens. Tigers you better be ready for tonight bc the green wave are coming.

-- Posted by BigMan17 on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 10:32 AM
  • I know jamborees don't mean much, but Malden looked really good at Charleston's. I gotta go with the green wave to pull it off tonight.

-- Posted by Hershisers and Old Fashioned's on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 12:15 PM
  • It would appear that the Malden Green Wave, at least for the first half, have decided to, at the very least let everybody know that this year will be nothing like previous years. Looks like Caruthersville has quite a mountain to climb.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 9:00 PM
  • Congratulations to the Greenwave. Malden totally dominated the Tigers in every aspect of the game, breaking a 8 game Tiger winning streak dating back to 2008.

-- Posted by Judgedog on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 9:56 PM
  • It was defiantly a game that was made in the trenches for malden. Caruthersville didn't do too bad on the line but like I said it was going to be based on strength and experience up front and malden got it done and caruthersville didn't have all that. Good job skills players. Congratulations malden. Good luck on the rest of your season both teams

-- Posted by BigMan17 on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 10:03 PM
  • It was defiantly a game that was made in the trenches for malden. Caruthersville didn't do too bad on the line but like I said it was going to be based on strength and experience up front and malden got it done and caruthersville didn't have all that. Good job skills players. Congratulations malden. Good luck on the rest of your season both teams

-- Posted by BigMan17 on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 10:03 PM

Grilled crow anyone?

-- Posted by UNC304 on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 12:34 AM
  • Hahaha! I was waiting for it.

-- Posted by Baller02 on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 12:49 AM
  • Cville was taken to the woodshed. A lot of work for Cville to do. Inexperienced players and coaches. Think they will improve but if/when they play Malden again, same result. Malden much better.

-- Posted by bball79 on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 8:21 AM

Caruthersville was dominated on both sides of the ball last night. Malden was clearly the better team. They came ready to play and Caruthersville didn't. Not much else you can say about the game other than the better team won. If things don't improve for Caruthersville, I see Malden taking districts with no problem this year. Caruthersville has a long way to go and I can officially say they're in a rebuilding phase this year.

For you Malden players yelling " Where's Cheesehead" during the game, I really thought that was amusing. It really made my night lol. I felt like some sort of celebrity there for a minute. I understand your excitement on finally beating a team that's dominated you for the last 8 years, so I get it. Enjoy the win.

For the ones posting on Twitter what excuses will I have. I said before the game and I'll say it now, you'll get no excuses from me. The better team won. You were more prepared and came hungry for the win. Good luck to you guys this season.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 9:16 AM
  • No way cheese!! Thats quite a compliment comn from the Wave haha!! All in good fun....

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 9:25 AM
  • I saw from the article on Semoball about the game that Rod Jones only had 1 rush for -2 yards for Caruthersville. Was he hurt?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 10:49 AM

Cheese I've felt that exact moment haha it kinda makes you realize that they've never been in that winning position before, so it's like a two way diss. Hahahaha they really chanted where's cheese head?

Congrats to Malden though

-- Posted by formerposterchild on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 1:02 PM

Preacher, Rod played and he had more than 1 rush. He wasn't very effective though. Malden has a very tough defense.

Haha yeah they sure did. It was a couple of them. That's why I'm not making it an issue. I'd be happy too if I finally beat a team that dominated me year after year. Can't really blame them for being excited.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 1:19 PM
  • You guys just keep digging at those 2 or3 16 17 yo kids if it makes you feel better to keep saying well they've been dominated year after years slight . Well it's this year and you've been dominated now.

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 2:50 PM

How is stating a fact, a slight to anyone? Geez you guys keep looking for reasons to keep it going. I compliment your team and it's still not good enough. I'll just leave it alone from here on out. It's obvious a few of you are on the team so I'm not going back and forth with kids. You won the game, move on.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 2:56 PM
  • Rodrick Jones actually had 7 carries. Must have been a typo.

-- Posted by bjrosener on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 3:20 PM
  • No kid here cheese ,just a grown man who knows a left handed compliment when he see's one . I realize it's no fun when your on the losing end I've been there but you say all the right things then you negate all of it when you make a remark about being dominated for so long. It is what it is I will still enjoy most of your posts when thy are not about malden lol. I'

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 3:40 PM

I still have most of my youth I didn't mean it as a jab, just meant there are so many reasons to play to win instead of a fans opinions he posted.

Cheese I remember going into a locker room at school the following week to see my comments on here printed off and hung on the walls hahahaha

-- Posted by formerposterchild on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 4:10 PM

Ramfanman, we will just leave it at that then. Good luck to your team the rest of the season and hope you guys stay injury free.

Formerpostershild- Ha! I never knew me picking my team to win and saying we had a dominate line held that much weight with anyone lol. I doubt anything I said has been posted in any locker room but I definitely got the attention a few players lol. My intentions weren't to disrespect anyone, just showing some faith in my team and players. It was just taken the wrong way. People who know me on here, know I'm not that type of person. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. Hoping my Tigers improve some before districts.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 4:27 PM
  • Side note: Was there not a semoball photographer at this game? I rather enjoy looking at the live action shots from each of the games each week, and I haven't seen any posted for the game of the week.

-- Posted by Baller02 on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 10:21 PM
  • Come on talkintiger where is your crow? The very thing you said was an advantage was dominated by malden! The leaders of the line quit and were on the sideline a lot

-- Posted by Semoespn on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 11:40 PM
  • Good lord what about Omar Bailey on Malden's OL? That big guy kept opening holes and fighting down the field with the tenacity and ferociousness of a.....I dont know....an elephant on steroids? Lol He stayed on Strickland till the whistle blew, even if the ball was 30 yards away he kept "blocking" him. I heard he lost about 40lbs since March. If he keeps blocking all-state defensive lineman like that, he's defenitely going to be getting some honors himself at the end of the year. Combining Malden's amazing talent in the backfield with that monster of a kid is going to be fun to watch this year. The rest of Malden's O-line looked really strong and stayed on their blocks as well. Just wanted to give props to the big guard pulling, keeping up with the little guys, and plowing a road for his backs. Cant wait for the rematch Malden has with C-ville later this year! It's happened many times in the past. First game, a team gets their "revenge" and plays great. Then they meet the same team either in districts or sectionals. Then they get upended because they think they are going to do the same thing again. Strickland has the ability to step up and change his game and be more prepared next time around. If there is a net time it's gonna be a helluva fight out there! Good luck to both teams and prayers to stay injury free!

-- Posted by fooseball rocks on Sun, Aug 31, 2014, at 8:07 AM
  • I thought I once read that c-ville doesn't rebuild they reload, won something like 8 district titles in a row! Thinking it was something CHEEZY like that!

-- Posted by Ftballrules on Sun, Aug 31, 2014, at 10:08 PM

I think I read something along those lines too ftball. Speaking of which, didn't caruthersville used to be really bad for a few years? I know everyone goes through cycles and cville has been amazing for at least the last decade but those bad years were reloading of the wrong kind of talent and ability.

-- Posted by TheWarriorz on Sun, Aug 31, 2014, at 10:24 PM

Please show me where I said anything about they reload? I'll wait? I have said numerous of times on here that Cville used to suck in a big way. You are either new guys or just suck at reading, either way, please troll away.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Aug 31, 2014, at 10:42 PM

Cville starts 0-2 now all the hater are coming out. You guys couldn't wait for them to be down. Enjoy it while you can, it won't last long.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Aug 31, 2014, at 10:44 PM

Cville has been more consistent then the team you root for, right cheese it's gonna be a long season ppl are literally coming out of the wood work.

Look at the odds stacked against them, I mean lord their head coach left a month before school started. Lost a bunch of players, and lost a future d1 impact player.

I just can't hate on cville for the way they've represented semo the past few years while your team was at home

-- Posted by formerposterchild on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 3:06 AM

I doubt anyone seen the first two lopsided games coming, not even Malden fans. But I doubt the season continues like that, I also doubt the cville fans thought they'd roll through every game and knew this year they would be more even with their local comp. They've had the toughest first 2 games out of anyone around.

And I'm not a cville fan or native, just not a hater or biased

-- Posted by formerposterchild on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 3:08 AM
  • (:

-- Posted by Omar_Bailey76 on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 9:02 AM
  • Ok I make 1 slight dig and your feelings are hurt! I never thought c-ville would start first two games with combined scores of 14pts c-ville 99pts opponents. Just like I never said your name and you knew who I was talking about, you have done the same thing for last 4 yrs! You don't say it, but you make it clear what you are saying ! Carma is a bi__h!

-- Posted by Ftballrules on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 5:53 PM
  • so is karma.

-- Posted by myershallred on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 6:01 PM
  • Game over lets move on

-- Posted by waveman on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 6:09 PM

You never said my name but you sure implied it. CHEEZY? Believe it or not, some on here can comprehend and read between the lines. It's obvious you're a troll who doesn't get much attention. Carma? I'll leave that alone. Pay more attention in class instead of trolling these forums.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 6:13 PM

I agree waveman.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 6:14 PM
  • You call it trolling, I call it amusing! I'm knew you could read between the lines! You have been doing that for years! But I promise I will do better in school! Thank you!

-- Posted by Ftballrules on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 8:11 PM

Cheesehead, what are the chances that we'll see the C'ville vs Malden rematch this year?? I haven't kept up on how C'ville is doing among their district foes.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:00 PM
  • They will meet in the D2 championship an the greenwave will win by 5 td....

-- Posted by Green&GoldNation on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 1:11 AM

So.........The rematch has been set!! Go Greenwave!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 10:35 PM
  • I'll be at this one for sure.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 11:19 PM
  • I think it will be a good game. Caruthersville has gotten much better ..

-- Posted by BigMan711 on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 11:22 PM

Bigman, I hope it will be good. I'll be driving down to see it. Malden has gotten much better also since that game.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 1, 2014, at 1:37 AM

Fugate made E.P. look like a group of Pee Wee players! We'll see how his momentum translates into next week when roll into the Swamp!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 1, 2014, at 8:20 AM
  • I believe Malden wins this game easily. 14-20 points.

-- Posted by bball79 on Sat, Nov 1, 2014, at 8:31 AM
  • Malden came out very flat last night it's hard to say this after such a lopsided victory but that was their worst game all year to me .i guess it gets harder to get up for games when you know you just blew this team out a few weeks ago and you should again ,I hope and I don't believe they will have any problem getting up for the cville game.go green and stay focused.

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sat, Nov 1, 2014, at 9:43 AM
  • Malden will have its hands full trying to stop fugate. I think it will be a high scoring game malden wins by three touchdowns cville will score on maldens first team

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Mon, Nov 3, 2014, at 7:17 PM

What did Fugate do in week 2 this year? Just curious as what kind of game he had. He obviously didn't score.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Nov 3, 2014, at 8:41 PM

Malden wins 56-28! 2 of C'ville's touch downs will come in the 4th quarter against J.V.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Nov 3, 2014, at 8:50 PM
  • fugate didn't play week 2. he is Probably one of the best if not the best RB I'n the area. He has over 1,700 rushing yard & about 20 TD's.

-- Posted by BigMan711 on Mon, Nov 3, 2014, at 8:58 PM
  • numbers are easy against charleston, Kelly twice, ep defense, and Hayti. Not many more wins than that

-- Posted by footballfanatic#1 on Mon, Nov 3, 2014, at 9:12 PM
  • Fugate did play week 2

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Mon, Nov 3, 2014, at 9:32 PM
  • Frugate did play. He had one run of around the thirty yard variety but that was it as far as big gains. Hopefully Malden can limit his cut-back. A move he's turned into a lethal weapon albeit against lackluster talent.

-- Posted by Baller02 on Mon, Nov 3, 2014, at 10:57 PM
  • Fugate has 8 carries for 58 yards. And one catch for 35. He played pretty well. Dremond Robinson had 22 carries for 122 yards in that game and is coming off a 13 carry 210 yd game. Last time I looked (week or two ago) Dremond had 20+ tds. Over 1,000 yards and was averaging over 11 yards per carry. Will be good seeing these two play against each other. Excited for this game!

-- Posted by kyjones_35 on Tue, Nov 4, 2014, at 1:04 AM

Dremond Robinson is a solid candidate for the Carr Trophy.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Nov 4, 2014, at 11:26 AM
  • The Carr Trophy will go to Dante Vandeven of Jackson.

-- Posted by Vizion on Tue, Nov 4, 2014, at 2:08 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: