Semoball

High School Football Forum: Rebuilding Teams

Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 9:52 AM:

What teams in Southeast Missouri do you think will be down this year and are still in the "rebuilding" stages ?

Is it time for Charleston, Dexter, Hayti, Kennett, Scott City, East Prairie, and NMCC to bounce back yet ? Without Montgomery will Chaffee go back to the old Chaffee ?

Cape, Jackson, C'Ville, and Malden looks to be the top teams in SEMO this year according to all the forms, I'm interested in seeing how things look after tonight.

Replies (24)

• Sikeston

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 9:56 AM

I would have to agree with Cirithungol17...

I do think that Sikeston will be on the upswing agian after this season's group of underclassmen get some experience. The next couple of classes coming in have some talented skill position players...

-- Posted by Haterade on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 10:35 AM

I think Sikeston will be solid, without a dual threat QB this year, Fobbs will rush for over 1,000yds and they'll have a winning season. It could be said that Sikeston Football is a true "Program", programs don't rebuild they restock, last year was the year for that.

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 10:43 AM

I think Sikeston will be solid, without a dual threat QB this year, Fobbs will rush for over 1,000yds and they'll have a winning season. It could be said that Sikeston Football is a true "Program", programs don't rebuild they restock, last year was the year for that.

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 10:43 AM

East Prairie will win the SEMO South this year. They looked real good at their Jamboree.

-- Posted by bootheelsports on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 10:46 AM
  • That's a bold prediction bootheelsports, considering EP has won one game the last two seasons. Yes they had a good Jamboree, but it's so hard to tell much from them because so many JV kids are playing, such limited plays, and coaches not wanting to show too much to conference and district rivals. Let's see how EP handles Kelly tonight. The Hawks have beaten them twice in JV play the last two seasons.

Back to the thread question, I would say Sikeston, Charleston, Chaffee, Scott City, Ste. Gen, NMCC, Kennett, and Hayti are rebuilding. I think Dexter will bounce back and have a really good season, but the Bearcats have a lot to prove, starting tonight.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 11:45 AM
  • I'm not buying dexter...EP will not win semo south I mean MALDEN is in the south no way they finish above Hayti Pville and Malden

Look out for NMCC I think they are gonna sneak up and be a really good team

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 11:52 AM
  • I think it is fortuitous you and a bunch of others aren't buying Dexter just yet. They may not win a lot of games, but will be much improved.

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 1:40 PM

Is Dexter getting too much Hype. They will win 3 games tops.

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 2:37 PM
  • I understand the skepticism considering the last two seasons, but time will tell. I'm certainly not trying to hype them up.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 3:17 PM

I was watching what I thought was EP jamboree highlights and I said WOW! They really look good! Then I realized I was watching Dexter....... I know it was the jamboree but Dexter did look pretty good!

-- Posted by Bleed Greene on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 5:11 PM
  • Ste Gen may be "rebuilding" because hey don't have the upper classmen like the last couple years, but their record won't show it. I bet they still win 7 or 8 games. They are just that kind of program.

-- Posted by #onlytruth on Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 8:10 PM

Week 1 Recap

Looks like Charleston, Chaffee, Scott City and NMCC will still be in the "Rebuilding" stages after seeing scores from week 1.

Dexter (vs. Poplar Bluff) and Hayti (vs. Charleston) both need to win this week to get things rolling. Both lost last week by a Touchdown vs quality opponents .

I don't want to get to high on East Prairie (vs. Grandview) and Kennett (vs.Confluence Prep Academy) , but they could be 2-0 after this week.

Bleed Green: Ste. Genevieve vs. Valle Catholic will show were they really are.

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 9:27 AM
  • Agreed Bleed Green. If they don't turn the ball over as many times, they can beet Valle. Time will tell with them..

-- Posted by #onlytruth on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 10:46 AM
  • Bleed are the Valle folk gonna let you sit in one of there suites in that pressbox?

-- Posted by Coachken on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 10:52 AM
  • Ste Gen can't beat Valle. Sorry, there's no way being on their 3rd string RB.

East Prairie and Kennett will both start 2-0 because the teams they are playing are somewhere between bad and terrible.

Dexter is in a rough spot. I said months ago that they could be much improved and still start the season 0-5, 1-4. It's just a rough schedule. How they respond after the first 5 weeks is what's important. I don't see them beating Malden, but 3 or 4 wins isn't out of the question.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 11:21 AM
  • Bleed, does valle have a star WR? trying to decide if they are worth making the trip to watch...

-- Posted by #onlytruth on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 10:50 AM
  • Thank you Bleed. I'll be there.. hope to see a good game!

-- Posted by #onlytruth on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 2:22 PM

The season is halfway over teams that are down are: Charleston, Chaffee, Kennett, Hayti, Poplar Bluff, and Sikeston. Looks like they are still rebuilding.

Scott City and Portageville are performing right in the middle.

Looks like Dexter, East Praire, NMCC, and C'ville are having better than expected seasons. I think Kelly surprising some folks.

Malden, Jackson, and Cape are the top teams in SEMO.

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 2:39 PM
  • A very accurate assessment

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 2:53 PM

East Prairie has to be the most improved team in the bootheel.

-- Posted by bootheelsports on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 2:56 PM
  • Poplar Bluff is pretty much going to end up the same as last season.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 3:19 PM
  • Agreed Ciri and PC.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 3:36 PM
  • I agree that Kennett is rebuilding. Would like to note that 3 of their 4 losses are by a total of 7 points. Pixley is doing great things for this program. They have shown their resolve since losing their starting QB before the season opener. They are getting better every week.

-- Posted by phi365 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 5:11 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: