Semoball

High School Football Forum: Cville Score

Posted by Tiger1996 on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 9:22 PM:

anyone?

Replies (6)

• They won 12-6

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 9:28 PM
  • Pius is probably the most improved team from week 1 to end of the season I've seen in awhile

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 9:31 PM

Bill I have to say that they did a good job and with the conditions the way that they were it was their best chance at an upset. Wind was blowing about 15-20 out of the North light to medium drizzle and the field was saturated pretty bad. Top all of that off with Monroe seeing limited action and it was the perfect situation for them to come away with a win.

I will say that they shot themselves in the foot on more than one occasion with penalties and they are a slow paced offense which really hurt them when they had to march the whole field with less than 5 minutes on the clock. They got so used to running the play clock down to 10 seconds before they broke huddle the whole game and snapping on 4 seconds that it was hard for them to get into a hurry up offense. There are definitely some gamers on that team and I tip my hat to them for a good game played.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 9:43 PM
  • Field Conditions or not there is a looooong way between Losses to Portageville and Chaffee to start season and then a 12-6 bout with caruthersville

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 9:49 PM

Bill a dry field and a 100% Darrell Monroe and this game would have been over in the first half, so yeah field conditions and no Monroe played a big factor in that final score. Most teams do improve over the season and they brought it tonight. I congratulate them on a great season they have a lot of young guys on that team so I am sure they will make some noise next year.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 9:54 PM
  • All of the scores are available on the scoreboard here: http://semoball.com/highschool/football/

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 10:53 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: