Semoball

High School Football Forum: What does everyone think about kelly's record so far this year and how it will be next year when they go varsity?

Posted by stud.muffin on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 10:02 PM:

Replies (12)

• Absolutely no way to tell what it will translate too next year. Varsity and JV are light years different. However Im certainly wishing the best for them.

-- Posted by JacksonTF-1000 on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 10:17 PM
  • What is kelly's record this year and what class are they in?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 10:36 PM

*bangs head on table

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 10:41 PM
  • Is this where i face palm myself Cheese?

-- Posted by Jax12 on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 10:43 PM
  • And Bleed where did that come from outta you?

-- Posted by Jax12 on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 10:44 PM
  • I'm not sure if they could hang with Arcadia Valley's football team. I heard they're going to be pretty stout next year.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 10:48 PM
  • 4-0 class 2a

-- Posted by stud.muffin on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 11:24 PM
  • Well if you are a kelly fan stud i completely understand your enthusiasm and wish you best of luck. However, jv success is absolutely impossible to use as a prediction for varsity results so all i can say is it sounds like the initial program build is going well. You will soon find out next year no doubt!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 11:44 PM
  • After viewing live action, I think they could beat EP amd Grandview, other than that they will struggle mightily

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Fri, Oct 4, 2013, at 1:58 AM
  • It's way too early to tell. The last school in the area to start football in SEMO was NMCC in the early 80's. They were a larger school then and had good numbers and several great atheletes but took their lumps the first few years. A lot depends on the freshmen and sophomores and whether there is much competition for starting positions. There is no substitute for experience and the learning curve can be brutal. Right now they would get hammered pretty convincingly by Chaffee, Malden and Caruthersville and probably lose in close games to Scott City, St. Vincents, Portatgeville and Charleston. That being said, also wish them the best.

-- Posted by MortCooper42 on Fri, Oct 4, 2013, at 8:05 AM
  • Bleed spelled "win" w-h-e-n. Haha, dork.

-- Posted by gostlrams on Fri, Oct 4, 2013, at 4:34 PM
  • As a Kelly alum, I also wish the Hawks good luck. It appears Coach Boettinger is building a good foundation, but a lot depends on the conference they get put into and the varsity schedule they play next year. That said, I'm afraid Kelly is in for a hard couple of seasons. Inexperience at the varsity level is going hurt them badly.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Oct 4, 2013, at 5:48 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: