Semoball

High School Football Forum: Football games tonight 9/20/2013

Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Sep 20, 2013, at 9:40 AM:

Any chance of games being postponed or cancelled tonight due to weather concerns? If you hear of anything please post under this thread.

Replies (13)

• Heard last night that there could be a chance with the Sikeston/Farmington game. Game being moved to Saturday.

-- Posted by Pete Czeria on Fri, Sep 20, 2013, at 9:42 AM
  • OMG a little rain and everyone wants to move the game! I can understand if its lighting outside but who cares if its raining. If you dont wanna play in the rain then play Baseball or soccer!

-- Posted by Jax12 on Fri, Sep 20, 2013, at 10:09 AM

Most teams still play if it's just rain. I think they postpone or reschedule if there is lighting in the area, which I totally agree on. Not sure what the weather is going to do tonight, just asking if anyone has heard anything

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Sep 20, 2013, at 10:16 AM
  • Soccer plays in the rain, snow, etc., with their players wearing shorts.

-- Posted by gianthook on Fri, Sep 20, 2013, at 10:26 AM
  • Yep, those soccer players are tough you know whats!

-- Posted by mojo3 on Fri, Sep 20, 2013, at 11:04 AM
  • If it's spitting a little rain, I doubt Mrs.mo will want to travel to Perryville tonight.

Forecast looks like still a chance of storms in the southern reaches, although the TV was saying the crud was to move east by gametime tonight.

Checking the RADAR, this cold front doesn't look to be moving fast enough to clear out all of the area by 7:00. I'd say the northern areas may have a little wetness during the games while folks from Cape south may be delayed by lightning...

-- Posted by mojo3 on Fri, Sep 20, 2013, at 11:18 AM
  • Rugby is the same. Played without pads, with less concussions. Australians say, "Pads are for wusses," when talking about American football.

-- Posted by gianthook on Fri, Sep 20, 2013, at 11:36 AM

GO BLUEJAYS! BEAT THE EAGLES!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Sep 20, 2013, at 1:00 PM
  • It isn't playing the game, it's the travel. Most AD's are leery of traveling long distancs in storms on buses. Farmington to Sikeston, not the smoothest drive in the world.

-- Posted by ihateAZ on Fri, Sep 20, 2013, at 2:08 PM
  • AZ....shouldn't you have been working at 2 PM today?

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Sep 20, 2013, at 5:41 PM
  • Hey kettle! Oh, by the way, you're black.

-- Posted by ihateAZ on Fri, Sep 20, 2013, at 8:10 PM
  • Ok gianthook...I just have to say a couple of things:

1. Football plays in rain, snow, ect., just like soccer. I would hope that soccer stops in lightning just like football.

2. Rugby and Australian Rules Football are 2 separate sports...and those guys are TOUGH, but I would still hope they wouldn't be silly enough to continue to play in a lightning storm!

;-)

-- Posted by Judgedog on Sat, Sep 21, 2013, at 2:19 AM
  • Soccer wears skirts not shorts. Bunch a grass fairys!

-- Posted by caniplay on Sat, Sep 21, 2013, at 3:53 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: