Semoball

High School Football Forum: Ok semoball staff

Posted by wheresthebeef on Mon, Nov 19, 2012, at 7:40 PM:

I am more than disappointed in how this website works not the forum but the main page stories. Someone from I am assuming Sikeston's paper decides to put the Caruthersville loss on the front page of Semoball with the caption (The Caruthersville Tigers struck first, but it didn't take long for their luck to run short.) That pretty classy right saying that their scoring was luck?

Here is what my beef is, nobody attended the game from the Sikeston newspaper but they still felt the need to post a story about us losing in the state semi's. They even had to use a picture from the Charleston because they could not get one from the actual game because it was NOT ATTENDED.

You post /link stories about some RB from FL that broke the national rushing record but could not link, write a short cliff or anything about our win over MRH last week. This was a team that defeated us the 3 out of the last 4 years Monroe had a monster game with 250+ yard and 5 total TD's. Our first state quarterfinal win since 04 and being the only team in the SEMO region still alive in the playoffs. I do not know if any other posters on here see where I am coming from but its just shameful that you can only come up with our downfall and could not post anything about our victory. This is just a rant that will probably go unnoticed or shunned away but its just something I needed to get off of my chest.

Its kind of like KFVS12, someone could lose their life saving a family from a burning house and never get a story about it but someone gets drunk and takes a leak on a cop car and it would make the breaking headlines.

Replies (16)

• Beef--I have to agree. Plus the Tigers didn't strick first. Lamar kicked a FG to take a 3 to 0 lead before C'ville scored. Congrats to the Tigers on a great season.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Mon, Nov 19, 2012, at 7:56 PM

bulletman glad you posted that because I was about too!

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Mon, Nov 19, 2012, at 8:19 PM
  • ^^ valid^^

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Mon, Nov 19, 2012, at 9:07 PM
  • Geez beef i know it hurts to get absolutely pummelled but dont take it out on lil old sikeston democrat. I believe "luck runs out" is an age old phrase for an "end to good fortune" or "things stopped going positive". You sound whiny when u complain about a newspaper which is owned by cape and half the writers have no clue about how to use the english language. Its a bare bones newspaper at best. You got dominated, your good fortune ended, your positive season ended. Suck it up and move on!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Nov 19, 2012, at 9:23 PM

The first part of the sentence was talking about the game, so it wouldn't make much sense if the last part of the sentence was talking about the whole season. I think it was talking about luck in that one game. It also said luck run short, not out. Short would apply to that game. They also didn't strike first. Simply, it was an extremely poorly worded sentence to introduce the article. I have no problem with Semoball at all. I did find it funny that the SD had this article and not one after the MRH game. I noticed that before Beef brought this up. I guess since sikeston was already out, they couldn't show the success of another program.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 19, 2012, at 9:56 PM
  • sounds like someone is a just a bit upset that there team lost.

-- Posted by grizzfan93 on Mon, Nov 19, 2012, at 10:06 PM

It's a conspiracy I tell you.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Nov 19, 2012, at 11:09 PM
  • exactly, semo is strong in hoops and decent but not topnotch on the gridiron. Kinda like mizzou!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Nov 19, 2012, at 11:50 PM

It's not the fact that we lost. I knew we didn't have the horses to hang with a team of that caliber. It's the issue with some reporter that is willing to go out of his way to write about our season ending loss but didn't even attempt to do a story last week when we won. I am not a fair weathered fan sat through the 0-fer seasons along with the great ones. This is more for the kids and coaches that worked their butts off to beat a team that was highly favored to win. Heck we could have beaten Lamar and got no story about it I guess I am in the ocean looking for a contact lens.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Tue, Nov 20, 2012, at 7:37 AM

Nov. 1st= basket ball season to some

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Tue, Nov 20, 2012, at 7:49 AM

Frankly, I was surprised to see anything about C'ville in the Sikeston paper since C'ville is not in the Standard Democrat coverage area. I usually keep up with C'ville via the Daily Dunklin Democrat, a media partner of the Southeast Missourian. Those newspapers rarely contain articles about teams outside of their coverage area; I don't recall seeing one word written in the Southeast Missourian about Charleston when they won the state championship in basketball and we're only 35 miles south of Cape as opposed to C'ville being 60 miles south of Sikeston.

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Nov 20, 2012, at 8:00 AM
  • Oh boy, we're reaching now folks.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Nov 20, 2012, at 8:03 AM
  • Agreed, hoops. I think there is a little bit of a reach here.

The SE Missourian, Standard Democrat, the Dexter paper, and the Kennett paper are owned by the same company. That's why semoball posts their stories. I will agree that the C'ville game being in the Sikeston paper was odd. However, nothing in the article was demeaning or belittling. I took it as a positive since C'ville isn't normally covered by the Sikeston paper and they felt it newsworthy enough to take up space to cover it. I guess it's all perspective.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Nov 20, 2012, at 8:40 AM
  • now just nock that offf rite now racket689. you just now that skikeston will not put anythings but theat stuff in the paper Bucko. coaruthserville deservd to be in the paper i thinks so. my cuosin plays on that team and would be good to see in the skiieston paper Buckos. i have tought him well with tacklin and such. had some good tackles in that game.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Nov 20, 2012, at 9:11 AM
  • The Sikeston paper has always run articles of teams from out of the coverage area when the space allowed. This is not anything new.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Nov 20, 2012, at 9:27 AM
  • Hey bearcat i could actually understand ur post the 1st time i read it!! Keeyp upp the gud werk!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Nov 20, 2012, at 10:25 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: