Semoball

High School Football Forum: BuckMajor's SAY WHAT!? Spotlight Player of Week #9 is:

Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 10:30 AM:

Here is the third edition of BuckMajor's SAY WHAT!? Spotlight Player of Week #9. Please feel free to ask questions, comment, or voice your opinions or disagreement. I once again ask that you do it respectfully and abide by Semoball policy. Thank you once again for reading. So here it goes, BuckMajor's SAY WHAT!? Spotlight Player of the week is....

Jackson's Dante Vandeven

Dante "Inferno" Vandeven lit up Francis Howell-Central's defense to lead the Indians to a 56-26 victory. In this game Vandeven accounted for SIX, I repeat SIX, touchdowns to beat the Spartans. Dante completed 22 or 30 passes for 338 yards and 2 touchdown passes. I'm sure it also seemed like he ran 9 circles around Central's defense when he rushed for 31 yards and 4 touchdowns. Dante is just a sophomore, and this was only his second start. I'm sure Central's team and fans weren't laughing or thought this game was a Divine Comedy. Jackson has made monumental progess this year, and really turned their program around fast under new first year head coach Brent Eckley. I would look for Dante Vandeven to keep having Good Friday's under this new spread offense for years to come. Jackson has some tough match-ups ahead, so good luck to Vandeven and the Indians in the playoffs and years to come!!

Honorable Mention:

Jashawn "Big Mac" McDaniel used his special sauce to help lead the NMCC Eagles to a season high 403 yards of offense in a 46-0 victory over the undefeated Portageville Bulldogs. This was a big rivalry game for the two teams, espicially considering the last time they played each other, no player on the field was born. McDaniel rushed for 102 yards on 11 carries for 4 touchdowns. He also completed 2 of 3 passes for 42 yards. He even helped on defense to hold Carr Trophy hopeful Daniel Allen to 36 yards rushing on 22 carries. Good luck to NMCC as they take on Potosi this week! Maybe Jashawn can serve up another victory on a sesame seed bun!

Replies (3)

• Another well-written and researched article, Buck. Always look forward to reading it.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 1:38 PM

Thanks Preach! I appreciate you taking the time to read it. I hope Dexter can pull off the upset this week.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 4:15 PM
  • Good luck to the Eagles too in Potosi, Buck. I really think they can get the win.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 9:58 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: