Semoball

High School Football Forum: Caruthersville's Path

Posted by LiveByTheSword on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 7:10 PM:

So, let's get to the nuts and bolts here...

Caruthersville plays Herculaneum which they beat 38-12 earlier this year up there and without Monroe...Herky lost Abate that game...Tigers should win Wednesday? When will Morgan know about MSHSAA ruling and being at game?

THEN

They beat Charleston handily in a poorly officiated affair that turned ugly at the end, and could face them again if Jays beat Crystal.

OR

They play Crystal City whom they beat 36 to something at Crystal...but were down 12-0 at half, any concern about the Hornets?

So is it fair to say just bring on Maplewood? Just wondering about opening day of deer rifle season and potential games...lol

Replies (4)

Nothing is written in stone and anything can happen this time of year. The main difference with Caruthersville now and Caruthersville when they played them early this season is that we are getting our injured players somewhat healthy. I know we have Kendrick Bradley with an injured ankle and the Middleton boy is hurt also. I'd look for Bradley to play IF we need him but we should be fine. Need him healthy for Maplewood if we make it that far. Our team is really gelling together right now on both sides of the ball. They completely shut down Malden's offense and stopped a hot Charleston team who has two good RB's. Charleston made the score look closer than it was in the 4th when our 2nd team came in. I'm looking forward to Charleston upsetting C.C. to set up a rematch with us AT Caruthersville. Hopefully we have better officials in that game because they were horrible on both teams, total lack of authority. I see Caruthersville getting to the Quarters in a game against Maplewood AT Maplewood. They are a little down from last year and we are even better IMO, other than the QB postion. However, our QB is stepping up late in the season and is becoming a dual threat QB, which we really haven't had at Caruthersville. Some exciting football is still left to play! Good Luck to all Semo teams, I hope one of us brings home the hardware.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 7:39 PM

Herky will give us a better game with Abate back, if he is healthy BUT Monroe will be playing this time around so it will give Elbie a break. They have a line that averages out to 240 and Abate is a dang good downhill runner. C.C is a good team, we played them on their turf field and our guys were slipping all night long. If we meet them again it will be at home. Caruthersville lost to Dexter, that was one hell of a game and I think it was good to suffer a loss during the regular season to get it out of their heads.

LiveByTheSword, have you been to any Caruthersville games this year? Or were you just planning on making it to one if they play Maplewood in the Quarters? If so that game will be played at Maplewood and IF we win that game Lamar looks to be the favorite coming from their bracket to meet for the Semi's. that game would be in Caruthersville.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 8:29 PM

Haven't been to C-ville games this year, made a couple last year...they make it to quarters vs. Maplewood, I may have to consider foregoing opening day to watch that one...or just go to it in camo.

-- Posted by LiveByTheSword on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 8:45 PM

HAH you would look funny in Maplewood with camo. But I bet you will see some deer in the road on the way up! When we went to Brentwood the year before I counted 8 deer in the road all of them dead of course but there is nice land between Perryville and STL, I guarantee you will some some deer in those fields.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 8:50 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: