Semoball

High School Football Forum: Football scores

Posted by mule1993 on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 7:34 PM:

Gosnell 14 -13 over Kennett

Charleston was up 14-0

Replies (27)

• You can follow live score updates and share your own on the Cover It Live: http://semoball.com/highschool/football/coveritlive

You can also check out the high school football page here: http://semoball.com/highschool/football/

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 7:42 PM

20-15 portageville at half

-- Posted by Harry_Callahan on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 8:17 PM
  • Sikeston 22 Dexter 14 at half.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 8:27 PM
  • Scott City 14 East Prairie 0 at half.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 8:28 PM
  • Farmington 44 NMCC 0 at half.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 8:29 PM
  • Hayti and Chaffee tied at 6.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 8:39 PM
  • Just heard Farmington up on NMCC 58-0. Can't verify that.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 8:39 PM
  • Heard Crystal City leads Caruthersville 12-0 according to radio.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 8:41 PM
  • C'Ville now on top of C. City 20-12 in 4th.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 9:17 PM

36-21 portageville in the 4th

-- Posted by Harry_Callahan on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 9:20 PM
  • Sikeston leads 51-30. James Watson with 328 yards rushing. New Sikeston single game record.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 9:35 PM
  • Portageville beat Charleston 48-21.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 10:16 PM

And people thought I was crazy picking Pville over Charleston! I knew they was better than people thought!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 10:22 PM
  • Caruthersville 34-12 over Crystal City

-- Posted by Tigersfan on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 10:30 PM
  • Dexters fan of the week has to go to the 30 year old man who was acting like he was about to fight a bunch of highschool kids while cussing and making racial slurs until he fell down the hill.

But congrats to James Watson on the unbelievable game, to have that record with the backs we've had in the past is an honor.

Our offense started to get rolling and our defense stepped up that second half.

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 10:37 PM
  • Man, I wish I could have seen that! That would have been worth the price of admission alone!!!

-- Posted by mandm96 on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 10:52 PM

Big props to Sikeston on play a phenomenal offensive second half. Some people thought they were overrated but they proved the naysayers wrong tonight. Lots of props to Foster and James both. James had the best rushing night in Sikeston history and Foster looked calm and cool against a very big, physical team. His development since taking the starting job has been great. I'm proud of him. This team is only going to keep getting better.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 11:10 PM
  • Sikeston looked great tonight! I would like to see what the yards after reception were! I bet they were crazy! BIG win and now PB next week!

-- Posted by mandm96 on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 11:26 PM
  • I think the radio said uhhh 505 yards rushing and uhhhh 36 passing...Just what I heard so might not be exact!

James Watson was a Beast tonight while rushing to a single game record and put the Sikeston Bulldogs on his back and carried them to the victory.

Thanks God for the weapons like James, Kyland and Keldon... Also nice 46 yard score by Word late in the 4th.

Great game Dogs!!!!!!

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 11:36 PM
  • Also I heard three different totals for James tonight...354 yards, 324 yards and even heard 318 yards? All from different media links!

Anyone know for sure?

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 11:38 PM
  • -- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 11:43 PM
  • I agree... Just didn't know that was posted yet!

Kfvs 12 webcast had him with the 324 and I think it was Sikeston's radio station that had them at 354....

Oh well he beat the old record of 318 and that is AWESOME!!!!!!

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 11:49 PM
  • I'm in the process of (finally) updating the conference standings on the football page: http://semoball.com/highschool/football/

All will be available by whatever time I get done tonight. :)

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Sat, Sep 10, 2011, at 12:18 AM
  • Any idea of who the idiot was, Ruby? It really doesn't surprise me, though. My sister works at the Dexter hospital and listened to the game on Dexter's radio station. She said the Dexter announcers were calling Sikeston dirty. Dexter has LONG been known as one of the dirtiest teams in the area. She said it was laughable!!!! Great win by the Dogs tonight!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Sep 10, 2011, at 12:22 AM
  • @Rocket...

I started listening to that station and couldn't stand it for over 5 minutes. They were what I would call HOMERS!!! All about Dexter and nothing else. Bad mouthed our coach about being on the field during a timeout and so I changed the channel!

Found the game on 98.9 which wasn't much better but enough until I got home and finished watching on KFVS12 on mute by the way cause Randy Ray must have thought it was the 90's again since I don't think Vickery has been at Sikeston since the late 90's.

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Sat, Sep 10, 2011, at 12:34 AM
  • I heard Randy was calling Gibbs "Vickery"..... How many Sikeston games has KFVS webcast???? Geez!!

Dexter's QB #7 and their RB #33 are straight turds!!! They were running their yappers all night!!!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Sep 10, 2011, at 1:07 AM
  • I find the Portageville-Charleston result the most interesting this week.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sat, Sep 10, 2011, at 1:37 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: