Semoball

High School Football Forum: Coach samuels at the sikeston vs. Warrenton game. Which players would he be recruiting?

Posted by go getta on Sun, Nov 21, 2010, at 9:58 PM:

Well its obvious there was alot talent on the field but im just curious to see what players could end up at semo next season?

Replies (19)

• I've got to think he was atleast looking at Lathrop and Lewis. Certainly some of the defensive players for Sikeston as well. Samuel definitely had the pick of the litter between both teams.

-- Posted by Showstopper on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 10:54 AM

Samuels would be foolish not to aggressively get Lewis, considering Eli Jackson is now there after transferring from Murray State.

-- Posted by vincebrown on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 12:09 PM

Lewis could be good on either side of the ball, as well.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 12:21 PM
  • In college Lewis will be a DB. Porter can play on the OL. Maybe Clark. That's about it for this group of seniors.

-- Posted by FBSEMOfan on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 1:13 PM

Sikeston runs the same offense Semo does. I know for a fact Coach Samuels is looking Trey for QB.

-- Posted by Big Bro on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 1:43 PM
  • Keilon Moore and Chris Bird from Central should also be getting looked by SEMO

-- Posted by CapeTiger4 on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 1:51 PM

Keilon, maybe, Bird, I doubt it.

-- Posted by Big Bro on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 1:58 PM
  • Treston Pulley may be the diamond in the rough ....had a tough day Saturday, playing with a shoulder injury, was definitely not 100%.....

Treston is 6-2 200, and can easily add 15 pounds on that frame.....is tenacious, and played both ways all season...

-- Posted by Headhunt on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 1:58 PM
  • I don't believe that Lewis is being looked at by SEMO for QB because they do use many short pass plays and at Sikeston he always had he homerun ball. I'm not doubting that he can't throw the short pass just not at a D1 school. If he went to SEMO he might play DB and if he stays on offense they might put him at a slot because of his speed, being 6'2" and strong doesn't hurt either. If he puts on some weight, which he will in college workouts, and gets up to around 200-210 he could be a great slot.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 4:03 PM
  • Bro I know for a fact you are wrong!!!!!!!

-- Posted by FBSEMOfan on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 4:57 PM

FBSEMOfan-

Ok, whatever, I don't have to reveal where I got my information from. The kid put together the best campaign around here for QB and DB. Says not just me but the coaches that voted him

All-Conference for both.

First they said there is no way he would be better than Bobby Clark of Jackson, then Zach Hibbets would lead Farmington past Sikeston. Trey Lewis made history this year. Too bad if you missed it. Farmington, Jackson, and Central didn't. Warrenton narrowly escaped what should have been 14-0 title game against Webb City.

I agree with most of what SemoSports says except 210 is a bit big for a slot? But, what do I know.

-- Posted by Big Bro on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 10:25 AM
  • Lewis from Sikeston will be DB in college. Not a good enough arm, but very vast and aggressive. I just don't think the QB spot is for him.

-- Posted by cardinal1234 on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 12:55 PM

Hey go getta and vincebrown, I'm not sure Coach "Samuels" will be doing any recruiting however Coach "Samuel" might.

-- Posted by Counter Top on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 2:30 PM
  • The reason I am saying that is because he has a build that will allow him to be very muscular while still maintaining his speed. Your slot receivers that are around 185 that do good in college are also only about 5'10"-5'11" while Trey is 6'2". If you combine the strength that will come with being 210 with the speed and height he already has a DB won't be able to stay with him because they can't jam him at the line or stay with him down the field.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 3:10 PM

Counter Top-

Go compete in a spelling bee.

-- Posted by Big Bro on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 3:21 PM

I did.

Your word is "Samuel".

*says outloud* "Samuel"

*spells* S-a-m-u-e-l

*says outloud* "Samuel"

-- Posted by Counter Top on Wed, Nov 24, 2010, at 4:08 AM
  • Semo wouldnt be the best fit for Lewis to play qb, but he could def play a similar offense in college.. This was his first year at qb.. ever.. and he put up those numbers? Give him a couple years at a college only focusing on being a qb..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Nov 29, 2010, at 9:50 PM
  • True. He could go and do some work with more experience. He is a good athlete. I am not from sikeston, why didn't he play earlier, anybody know?

-- Posted by cardinal1234 on Wed, Dec 1, 2010, at 6:00 PM
  • He didn't have too.. They had a qb untill this year, he played like a slot back and db last year..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Dec 1, 2010, at 6:32 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: