Semoball

High School Football Forum: Cape and Sikeston

Posted by Im thinkin RB's on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 9:42 AM:

Good game last night in my opinion, but i have a few things to say. Sikeston, great job on your win and good luck against farmington, bird can catch a ball. I mean i hope you could have beat central considering they just kept running the same play, and in one drive the same play 4 times in a row to the exact same side. In no way shape or form am i saying cape was ready though. They got smacked yes, but i think thats what they need to wake up and realize what they have to do when these next to teams meet. There are much better than that and everyone knows it. Moore was the all-star making 99.9% of the tackles on defence. just wondering where the rest of the team went. Keep your heads up. Good luck sikeston

Replies (14)

• The reason Cape couldn't move the ball was because their line was getting blown off the ball on every snap....plain and simple. Sikeston is just faster and stronger.

It's interesting, now that Cape lost, how their coaches don't know what they're doing. All year long the Cape fans have been singing their praises, now the head coach and/or OC don't know how to call plays or adjust. It's hard to adjust when 3 defenders are in the backfield or the qb is on his back!!

All we heard up until now was how Cape was gonna run it down our throats, how they passed so well because their qb was so accurate....blah, blah, blah. The Dogs smacked 'em in the mouth and Cape had no answer....end of story.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:03 AM
  • The reason Moore was making most of the tackles was because your D line was getting blown off the ball too!!!!!!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:04 AM
  • and you honestly believe thats as hard as central could play and give nothing more? Sikeston is a great team and only an idiot would challenge that i was just givin my opinion. the next game i wont predict a winner but it will be a better game.

-- Posted by Im thinkin RB's on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:11 AM
  • Yeah that's not something to be proud of that your safety was making most of the tackles, considering he is the last person on defense, just proves how dominant sikeston was..

And coaching? get out of here they must have been doing something right since you know they were suppose to beat us down, its simple cape is a strictly running team, and if they can't do that they lose simple, and i was right once they went down they simply gave up, didn't make any adjustments, and got man handled all night long..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:14 AM
  • inspectorgadget, you need to be practicing 'rasslin instead of chatting on semoball don't ya think!

-- Posted by Hemingway on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:16 AM
  • Starts back up on monday, I've been ready haha.. This just passes the time

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:17 AM
  • People like to make excuses. The better team won, end of discussion. People are still making excuses why Sikeston lost to Helias last year but it all comes down to the better team won. I thought Cape did a good job last night but it could have been worse. A dropped pass in the endzone, a dropped pass deep in Capes territory on 3rd down and a interception deep in Cape territory in the 4th. The players showed a lot of class last night, helping each other off the ground after a play, now the fans need to do the same. No trash talking and stop making excuses.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:22 AM
  • Fatty

I'm pretty sure everyone agreed helias was the better team, but sikeston did play as good as they had, because how helias swarmed i have heard nothing but people giving them their credit, and i believe this is what semoball was created for.. trashtalking.. If you want to socialize make a bebo or something..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:25 AM
  • That i understand, Idk what gadget is trying to prove now since the game is over. i gave props to both teams and just stated next time should be another good game.

-- Posted by Im thinkin RB's on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:27 AM
  • I'm tryin to show you that cape was ready they just got beat plain and simple not the coaches fault, they ran the same play 4 straight times, because thats the only play they could run for positive yards...

And to say cape wasn't ready? Get out of here dude, this was the BIGGEST game of thier careers.. So i guess they just decided before the game to not show up infront of 10,000 people... Please

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:30 AM
  • copy and paste from the forums page

This is the place for respectful disagreements, constructive criticisms and spirited discussion about high school football. However, as you discuss a coach's third down play call or a heart-breaking missed extra point, we ask that you keep in mind that the players are students first and athletes second. We want coaches, players and fans alike to be able to talk about teams and games together, without any unnecessary negativity.

Personal attacks on high school athletes will not be tolerated. Users who make excessively critical or harsh comments about the play of high school athletes or who comment on the personal lives of athletes will have their posts deleted

....yes semoball was made for trash talk now let me do ur next comment so u dont have to waste typing

Well so who follows the rules your mad central lost and if central would have won you wuld have trashed talk

me-I hope the acual players have enough sense to not live in the past cause they know that will get them killed

-- Posted by Im thinkin RB's on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:32 AM
  • I'm disagreeing with you about your comments that make no sense blaming the coaches, and I try to be respectful untill you make excuses that have no reasoning behind them..

As for the second part you might want to try again it looks like chicken scratch, if cape would have won i would have given them props as a stated before, you must be a newbie, so i'll just put it like this, for the past 3 weeks all i've read is how cape will dismantle sikeston, well that didn't happen so now it's our turn to prove why were the best, as we did last night..

And living in the past? That makes no sense.. Try to back-up your reasoning the best you can please

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:37 AM
  • And lets think running backs real quick, do you think Moore is still the best running back in the Semo area?

6 carries for 7 yards, howard ran all over y'all.. Got a little banged up but we came deep

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:39 AM
  • Amen, Gadget! Cape people keep saying they didn't show up...let's see....biggest game of the year, district tilt...yeah, I wouldn't try either. You gotta come up with something better than that!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Oct 22, 2010, at 10:44 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: