Semoball

High School Football Forum: mid missouri score

Posted by player25 on Fri, Oct 15, 2010, at 10:36 PM:

mid missouri school southern boone county scores 96 points...anyone else think thats a little excessive?

Replies (5)

• Do you know at what point in the game they pulled their starters?

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Oct 15, 2010, at 10:39 PM
  • Final was Southern Boone County 92, Missouri Military Academy 28 according to the AP.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Oct 15, 2010, at 10:39 PM
  • im not sure just saw the score on mosports

-- Posted by player25 on Fri, Oct 15, 2010, at 10:41 PM
  • I feel a bit sorry for Missouri Military Academy (MMA). My father actually went to school there for one year back in the early sixties. When I lived in Columbia, I got to meet a few kids from MMA. Every one I met was from South America. I've been told a large percentage of their student body comes from South America. I wonder about the number of students who have any football experience at MMA.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Oct 15, 2010, at 10:43 PM
  • As mentioned previously the final score was 92 to 28 in favor of Southern Boone. I was at the game until the final horn, cheering my boys on, and I can tell you that the Southern Boone players and coaches were gracious in the win. The first quarter was a fair contest, with both teams scored on their first drives. However, we (MMA) had no answer for the well-coached and disciplined offense that Southern Boone ran. MMA only has 24 player on the varsity roster, most of who playing both ways. Southern Boone pulled their starters and from what I could tell also played many 3rd string players. At one point, the coach for Southern Boone elected to kick a FG on 2nd down when his team was driving against our very tired defense in the fourth quarter. 14 of Southern Boone's points came on two kickoffs returned for TDs.

MMA is a young, inexperienced team that is forced to play at a 3A level because we are an all-boy private school. By our enrollment we should play as a 1A school. MSHSAA is partially to blame for this lop-sided contest.

Only 40% of our total population carry an international passport. With near equal number of young men from Central America and the Far East. MMA has a proud tradition and history in Central America, currently we have 3 cadets who are 5th generation cadets. For many families it is a rite of passage and a family tradition to attend MMA.

As gruesome as last Friday's football score may seem, allow me to give you another number to think about, $3.2 million. That is the total amount of college scholarships attained by the Class of 2010. The young men that graduate from this educational and college preparatory academy are making their mark on the world in more meaningful areas than a chilly Friday night game in mid-October.

One more number "46", that is the number of fine young men that make up the Class of 2010.

For more information about the Missouri Military Academy, visit the website at www.MissouriMilitaryAcademy.org.

Sincerely,

Andy Craig

Missouri Military Academy

Director of Communications

-- Posted by MMA Dir of Comm on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:16 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: