Semoball

High School Football Forum: Carthage and Jackson

Posted by SWMOisbetter on Tue, Oct 19, 2021, at 5:36 AM:

Who ya got guys.

Replies (16)

• Jackson.. In a close one 🤏

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Wed, Oct 20, 2021, at 5:40 AM
  • I say Jackson in a close one.. because I don't believe either team has played anyone. In 2019 Carthage beat Jackson when Jackson didn't have a running game due to injuries. Jackson definitely has one this year though and with a great passing game. Carthage has played Webb City but let's be real they're not that good this year. Joplin is a good team but who have the played..? The West side of the state this year is weaker than the East side for once. I'll even go as far as to say I could see Holt winning Class 5.. but heck you never know what's going to happen in the playoffs.. usually it comes down to who makes less mistakes

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Wed, Oct 20, 2021, at 8:00 AM

It’s a toss up to me, take away local biases. (Lamar is close to Carthage) I think it’s too close to call. Either team could win. Would be one heck of a game.

-- Posted by SWMOisbetter on Wed, Oct 20, 2021, at 9:07 AM
  • Absolutely @Lamartigers23

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Wed, Oct 20, 2021, at 12:31 PM
  • In my opinion, Jackson's 2019 loss had nothing to do with their running game & everything to do with their offensive line play (or lack thereof). Jackson had no competition until the playoffs when they struggled early against Eureka & through 3 quarters against Staley. They struggled because in both of those games the defense was camped out in their backfield. I vividly remember Cael Welker running for his life & Seth Waters being hit as the ball was being handed off. The only reason they made it to the championship game is because Staley didn't have much of an offense. If their offense was half as good as their defense I believe they would have beaten Jackson. The same thing happened against Carthage. Because Carthage controlled the line of scrimmage Jackson couldn't execute their game plan. There were several uncharacteristic turnovers including 3 interceptions; additionally, there were several overthrows. Also, I believe Carthage doubled Jackson's time of possession. I think they had one drive late in the game that took 7 or 8 minutes. So bottom line is I think Carthage won because they were able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

It appears that Jackson was able to correct that issue in 2020 as Cael Welker had plenty of time to throw against Platte City & the running backs were often untouched at the line.

If they can do that against Carthage (if they play), they just may come out on top.

-- Posted by old rocker on Wed, Oct 20, 2021, at 10:01 PM
  • @oldrocker.. don't forget the bull crap offensive holding against Jackson in overtime that was thrown on Carthage's sideline and the play was 40yds on Jackson's sideline.. Film proves there was no holding and it was a BS flag..

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Thu, Oct 21, 2021, at 6:40 AM
  • Trust me, Faux, I haven't forgot. I'll remember that game for a long time.

I remember Cael getting blasted in the back after the play was over after a go ahead TD in overtime. Instead of flagging Carthage, Jackson was flagged for holding which nullified the TD.

-- Posted by old rocker on Thu, Oct 21, 2021, at 11:37 AM
  • Better change this thread to Webb City and Jackson :)

-- Posted by Wcfanforever on Sat, Nov 13, 2021, at 9:21 PM
  • It’s too bad that the potential rematch on Jackson and Carthage isn’t going to happen. Jackson would be out for revenge due to a blown call in the championship game 2 years ago.

-- Posted by cardsfan61 on Mon, Nov 15, 2021, at 3:50 AM
  • Rockwood vs Jackson has the chance to be a very good game. Rockwood defense against Jackson offence. Rockwood defense gives up 3 pts per game against Jackson and their high powered offense. Jackson was very overpowering in every phase of the game vs Seckman. Holt, Rockwood, Jackson, Lebanon would not be shocked at who wins class 5!

-- Posted by objective fan on Mon, Nov 15, 2021, at 8:54 AM
  • Rockwood will be the best team that Jackson has faced yet. Battle of the undefeated.

Rockwood beat Oakville 38-2

Mehlville beat Oakville 21-0

According to MaxPreps, Mehlville payed Fox twice. On 10/1, Fox beat Mehlville 21-6.

When they played again on 10/29, Mehlville beat Fox 38-12.

Rockwood beat Fox 32-0 early on in the season.

Rockwood beat Eureka 23-13 and Eureka beat Mehlville 40-0.

(Various factors could have contributed to these outcomes. I am just reporting scores. Players injured, etc I have no knowledge of.)

It is very hard to gauge this one and will be interesting to watch. Webb City looks like they are peaking just in time for the playoffs and will be a team that has the potential to go the distance.

At this point of the postseason, any team could win any game. Too many variables to say one team over the other in my opinion. Class 5 is some top tier football.

Go Indians!

-- Posted by Armchair Quarterback on Mon, Nov 15, 2021, at 9:44 AM
  • @objectivefan Jackson's defense only gives up 8 points a game and most of those points were given up by the Freshman playing in the second half.

CalPreps matchup has Jackson beating Rockwood 34 to 17 on a neutral field.. I'll say Jackson at home wins 42 to 14.

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Mon, Nov 15, 2021, at 1:55 PM
  • I agree 42-14, turbo clock by halftime. Summit scores twice in second half vs Jackson’s 2nd and 3rd team.

-- Posted by Sagamore on Mon, Nov 15, 2021, at 4:43 PM
  • Thanks for the info on Jackson. Just going by the eye test their defense has improved every game. If you are going too beat Jackson your going too have to put points on the scoreboard very balanced on offence.

-- Posted by objective fan on Mon, Nov 15, 2021, at 6:48 PM
  • The Indians didn’t panic after being down 14-0 early in the first quarter. They then scored 49 unanswered points against and undefeated team that only allowed 44 points throughout the season.

-- Posted by cardsfan61 on Sat, Nov 20, 2021, at 8:30 PM
  • Jackson on the verge of getting blown out

-- Posted by cd23 on Sat, Nov 27, 2021, at 1:45 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: