Semoball

High School Football Forum: stay classy jackson

Posted by LeBum on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 3:24 PM:

On the front page of the Dar clearly shows a Jackson player giving Poplar Bluff player double bird after the game. Wow

Replies (26)

• Just saw the picture. You can identify the player’s number. We will find out this week if Jackson condones this kind of behavior. He would not be on my team for next week’s game.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 3:43 PM
  • Good job keyboard detectives! My guess is that kid prob doesn’t contribute anyway. Kids that do that stuff usually aren’t even involved in the game. I’m sure he’ll be gone...at least I’d hope!

-- Posted by Richard Simmons on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 4:00 PM

Whether he contributes or not, he needs to be gone. I agree though, players who do that normally don't play very much. If they did, they'd respect the fact that two teams went out there and gave it their all and you have a certain level of respect for the opposition. One team had to lose.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 4:24 PM
  • Keyboard detectives for reporting bad behavior?

-- Posted by LeBum on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 4:29 PM

Like I said though you have to be looking hard to see it but still classless nonetheless. Your team has already rushed the home field to celebrate, you won the game, you've already kicked us down. The double fingers that's just beating a dead (we'll use a better word than horse here) mule. Really unnecessary.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 4:33 PM
  • They will get their own dose of medicine next week by the fans at Vianney

-- Posted by 643doubleplay on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 5:03 PM
  • WWE totally agree. Uncalled for. 643 obviously is a Jackson hater but you’re correct...Vianney fans are the worst. I’m still gonna cheer for any Semo teams regardless of some dufus renegade kid

-- Posted by Richard Simmons on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 5:40 PM
  • How classy is it for The DAR to publish this picture and try to politically assasinate this kid. Why didn’t they take a picture of the Jackson school bus being egged after the game. If Poplar Bluff wins this picture never makes the paper. Stay classy PB.

-- Posted by dirtysouth on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 5:59 PM

I doubt the Jackson bus was egged after the game.

Never experienced Vianney fans...do tell please.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 6:12 PM

True, if the Mules had won this picture wouldn't have made the paper due to the paper telling the story of the dejection of the Mules players after the game. In the paper this picture is of two Mules walking off tje field with their heads down while elated Jackson players celebrate their victory.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 6:16 PM
  • WWE Guru were you there? I bet not, along with the rest of you in this forum trying to make judgments on something you know nothing about. The fact of the matter is PB parents and players were the ones starting the bad behavior, but you sure don't see that in their paper. If I was this kid's parents I would be on the phone with my lawyer first thing in the morning, because the paper took it to a whole different level.

-- Posted by FB_MOM_FAN on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 6:51 PM
  • Kids get caught up in the moment of defending themselves and make stupid decisions that need to be dealt with. The difference here is instead of running extra laps at practice, the paper has taken advantage of a minor for financial gain and everyone in this forum should be outraged. The punishment will probably be much worse for something stupid that people choose to be offended by. Makes me sick that people are fine with the media treating kids this way.

-- Posted by FB_MOM_FAN on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 7:01 PM
  • The picture was not put in the paper because of that. Im sure it was an oversight. It takes a little bit to notice it.

-- Posted by LeBum on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 7:03 PM
  • So LeBum, does it clearly show it? Or does it take a little bit to see it?

Interesting you would choose to single out this young man...

In sports there are a lot of heat of the moment situations in every game.

While I certainly don't condone his behavior, I'd be quite sure it wasnt the only negative thing done from either side during a game that intense.

It's really sad that there is this much pressure and scrutiny put on our young ones that you would choose to spotlight a kid like that.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 7:17 PM

Yeah it's something you really have to look for to find. Like I said, it was put in the paper to compliment the main story of the DAR article of the Mules' dejection over losing not to show a young man giving the 🐦.

Why he did it we don't know but extra gassers should definitely be coming his way in practice this week.

What do you mean I wasn't there. I was at this game and saw Jackson's elation and Bluff's dejection at once. Saw the wet eyes and hung heads in maroon and the smiles and joy in white.

Probably caught up in the moment, sure, but still uncalled for. Jackson won, that's what really matters though.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 7:27 PM

Mom is as dense as the person who felt the need to bring up the issue in the first place.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 7:29 PM
  • Jackson’s always had this reputation across the board in every sport. Poplar Bluff has an enormous hatred for the school but Poplar Bluff also has competitive hatred for every other team in SEMO just because they feel they get the shaft from most teams. Not all but most, but of all teams, there is a lot more (crap) started by Jackson than any other school in SEMO, even worse than Sikeston towards PB. So if you are surprised you probably haven’t been to enough games between the two.

-- Posted by EaglesBoi on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 7:41 PM
  • P Bluff played the best game they was capable of.Props to them.They had a game plan and got everything out of every player.Jax got the win but not how I saw it coming in.No doubt the better team is moving on but P Bluff played some good foozball.

These kids is just kids.The Jax player in the P Bluff paper may have been flippin the bird or reaching for his facemask when the picture was shot.And the P Bluff students and athletes who threw eggs on the Jax player busses as Jax was leaving school property was doing what some kids do.Get over it.it aint nunya business if any body runs gassers or what the P Bluff po po and school does to the egg tossers

The DAR knew what they was doing.No editor runs a picture of a player grabbing his crotch or a cheerleader picking their nose because the editors edit

-- Posted by Nada on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 7:44 PM

That's something i was thinking of too. He could have been grabbing his facemask as well. Evidence is inconclusive. Let's drop it.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 7:56 PM
  • WWE. You're a classy person! My problem is with LeBum...

I don't see any difference in "being classy" between this young man and LeBum.

As a matter of fact, regardless of the team I root for, I have more of a problem with an adult singling out a child like this.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 7:59 PM

I have never though Jackson were bad sportsmen (fans and athletes alike) always have thought their fans were very passionate (they actually have a marching band that stays and plays the whole game, Show Me Band take notes) and players very good and competitive. They're so good it tends to frustrate opposing fans and athletes and it's taken as being cocky/disrespectful.

I envy their fan base and wish Bluff's were as passionate when we're not having the best years (if we're not winning around here people just do not care). Their student section does tend to talk a lot of trash to opposing teams but it becomes borderline comical some of the lines they come up with. When I was a Senior they started in on our kicker for having only one helmet star and had a field day with our long snapper who had a bad snap on a punt which led to their only points in that game. A lot of the chants and cheers I hear out of our student section are stolen from Jackson.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 8:13 PM
  • We got jackson fans taking a PB flag, ripping the flag up, and stomping on it in the middle of the mule head on the field. There is a line where two teams that are rivals collide, but this is too far. Jackson football community has always been this way. Its why no one has any respect for jackson fans or players.

-- Posted by Indian Trash on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 8:55 PM
  • Move on to b-ball season Indian trash. Pretty sure that never happened. Nice try though. Don’t know many who don’t respect Jackson. From what I’ve seen they seem to respect other schools also. Every school has outliers.

-- Posted by Richard Simmons on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 9:09 PM
  • Indian Trash that is completely your perception and therefore the truth to you, but not everyone sees it that way. If that were the case, they would not have so much support.

-- Posted by FB_MOM_FAN on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 9:13 PM
  • P Bluff ain't a rival but they was worth playing this year.And nice people at their games for the most part

-- Posted by Nada on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 9:25 PM
  • Not a Jackson or PB fan but how painful a moment for the PB seniors after seeing their careers come to a sudden halt. My sympathies go to them and not to the those who don’t respect what just occurred in that moment. In no way do I believe the paper noticed the Jackson player. Foolish ways make fools of the wise.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Sun, Oct 29, 2017, at 9:57 PM