Semoball

High School Football Forum: Jackscon vs. Cape Central

Posted by WWE Guru on Thu, Sep 28, 2017, at 4:48 PM:

Started this thread because I want to stop talking about Bluff vs. Jackson. This is a pretty big match up too. Both teams come in sitting at 4-2 both falling to Poplar Bluff the last two weeks by one point and the same score no less. Their other losses were to a tanked class 6 school and a team that the other rolled respectively. Counting losses it seems as Jackson would have the advantage on paper but for some reason I'm feeling Cape in this one.

Replies (27)

• It won't be close. Jackson's offense played stagnant all night against Bluff and with out their best player on offense. Now not taking anything away from Bluff cause their defense played as good as Jackson's. Even though we all know Coaching lost that game for Jackson. That all being said Jackson wins by 14+

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Thu, Sep 28, 2017, at 5:08 PM
  • Jax played down against P Bluff. Theyll beat C Central by 4 scores in an ugly one and P Bluff by 3 scores in the rematch.

-- Posted by Nada on Thu, Sep 28, 2017, at 7:09 PM
  • How can a team play down and if they did could you please tell them from now on to do that when they play Sikeston?

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Sep 28, 2017, at 7:39 PM
  • Jax played poorly against Sikeston but that's just a troubled program that Coach may not be able to fix.

-- Posted by Nada on Thu, Sep 28, 2017, at 7:44 PM
  • Okay I have marked down Jackson played poorly against, Bluff, Farmington, Sikeston, anyone else?

-- Posted by EaglesBoi on Thu, Sep 28, 2017, at 10:55 PM
  • Kent Gibbs is a great high school coach. Never count him out. Colon bag needs counseling.

-- Posted by Forrest Gump on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 2:39 AM

Poorly against Sikeston? Looks like the only team that played poorly in Jackson vs. Sikeston was Sikeston. Bet the "poor" play were second and third stringers in to get some experience.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 3:08 AM
  • I didn't say he wasn't a good coach but I did say the problems there may be more than he can fix.Jax won that game big but didn't click on either side of the ball.Understanding football is about more than knowing the score.

-- Posted by Nada on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 5:39 AM

Sometimes being around for a long time can be similar to being new as a coach. May be what's happening with Gibbs at Sikeston. May have been there so l9bg and ran the same offense and defense so much that no matter what you do you just can't stump the opposition anymore.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 6:00 AM
  • I think that’s what happened to Gibbs at FredTown. But also the talent level in Sikeston is a little better than Fredericktown on an average year.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 12:29 PM
  • Cape not looking to good. Pick it up tigers.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 8:28 PM
  • Wats the score?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 8:33 PM
  • 35-14 half

-- Posted by woodsy owl on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 8:45 PM
  • Kent is healthy again. That's going to make a big difference the rest of the way!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 9:24 PM
  • Now 56-21!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 9:25 PM
  • 63-21 is the final !!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 9:37 PM
  • I got to admit IP the Indians mop the floor with my tigers

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 9:38 PM
  • See ya basketball season

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 9:39 PM

Great win for you guys IP! Also got some info for the question you asked the other day

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 9:49 PM
  • Murph!! Our guys bounced back pretty nice tonight. Definitely ready for hoops!! Would be nice to meet you sometime at a game. I'll let you know how to find me if you're interested.

Good luck to your Tigers the rest of the way!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 9:50 PM
  • Thanks Buck and very happy for your Eagles to get their win tonight! That has to feel Great! And I have no doubt Coach Fullhart will keep them moving in a great direction!

Also I appreciate you looking into that and will look forward to hearing about it!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 9:57 PM

Eh, thought this one would be a close war. Was wrong...pretty much a blowout game. Good job Jackson, keep it up until Oct. 27.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 10:58 PM
  • Jax wins by 4...or 5....or 6 scores.And all in front of a real packed house.

-- Posted by Nada on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 11:06 PM
  • I'm definitely rooting for Jackson

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Sep 29, 2017, at 11:11 PM
  • Thanks TFA!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Sep 30, 2017, at 5:27 AM
  • You're welcome IP!

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Sep 30, 2017, at 8:08 AM
  • Jax 45-21 in district rematch

Book it

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Sep 30, 2017, at 10:01 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: