Semoball

High School Football Forum: Ste. Gen. vs PHC

Posted by Bearcat Fan on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 8:27 AM:

This game is at PHC I believe. Ste. Gen. looked a lot better this week than last. Do they have a decent chance against PHC. What do you guys think?

Replies (41)

• Of course, they have a great chance. I'm calling even odds here. Central will have to play mistake free football to beat this great opponent.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 9:40 AM
  • Kill them with kindness Kzar, I like it!! Good luck Friday

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 10:04 AM
  • Let's be completely honest. This time last year, calpreps had SG beating PHC by 21. The only people who thought Central had a chance were gigantic Homer's like me. And a lot of that was wishful thinking.

I hadn't even walked into the stadium and it was 6-0 SG.

SG should have beat central. Would have beat Burroughs and may have won the championship. But none of that happened because of the weird game that followed the initial touchdown.

Calpreps has phc 33-17. Central only won 8-7 the first time. SG could not only win but could blow Central out. You never know, anything can happen. Foosball is weird man.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 11:51 AM
  • Calpreps had Sikeston beating Hillsboro 31-24 and we saw how that turned out...

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 3:15 PM
  • I know, that was my point.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 4:25 PM
  • Never checked Calpreps out, is it a legit site? Where does it get it's scores from? Not trying to sound sarcastic here, real question.

-- Posted by ThatOldGuy on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 12:19 PM
  • St.Gen is tough, should be interesting. Lots of good games this week.

-- Posted by F.O.P on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 12:24 PM
  • If Rebs are healthy, chalk up a W 34-20

Otherwise, reverse it

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 4:36 PM

Sorry Rebels!

The SG fans have spoken.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 11:32 PM

I am looking forward to a dominant, aggressive, fire off the ball, fired up showing from the REBELS!

This is our house and our District Championship title to defend and I know the Rebels are ready.

SG will come hard that is a given because they always do.

-- Posted by WhoareweCHS on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 11:14 AM

^^^this^^^

-- Posted by zachattack II on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 11:54 AM

SG 21 Central 14

-- Posted by Brother Vito on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 4:43 PM
  • GOod luck tonight, SG fans, Be sure to stop and get a tetanus shot when you leave.

-- Posted by Shortbus on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 6:02 PM
  • Just hope SG can overcome the Mental hurdle!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 6:12 PM

PHC 21

SG 14

halftime.

PHC gets the ball....

-- Posted by zachattack II on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 8:02 PM

42-14. 5 peat.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 9:21 PM
  • lol sg, wtf?

-- Posted by RichardTheTurd on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 10:19 PM
  • Park hills was just the better team tonight. Im very excited to see if Brewster comes out stronger next year, a very great athlete. Congrats Park Hills, a very well played game.

-- Posted by Espn101 on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 10:22 PM
  • Congrats to PHC. 5 in a row. Brewster kid is a warrior. Hats off to him and the qb. Tough kids

-- Posted by Only facts on Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 10:39 PM
  • I agree. Sg has a whole offensive and defensive line returning. Plus maybe the best runningback in the conference. Park hills has many returners as well. Cambell and Welch and a great line. Excited for the years to come.

-- Posted by Espn101 on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 7:09 AM
  • I don't really see Ste Gen winning it next year. PHC will be the favorite to win their 6th in a row. PHC has a ton of returners. On offense, the QB is back, 4 of 5 offensive lineman are back, and a stable of running backs are back. Campbell and Welch are obvious, but Tanner Smith runs ball well (they will likely move him to receiver) and Sidebottom and Jake Glenn run it really well but they just keep them fresh for defense. On defense, they have both inside LB'ers back (Sidebottom and Glenn). They rotate a ton of guys on D Line so plenty of those guys coming back. Their 2 DE's are back. Only 1 defensive secondary starter will be back so that could be a weakness. All that being said, obviously Ste Gen will be the main competition to PHC and will be a force to be reckoned with. I expect the same 2 teams to be battling it out a year from now.

-- Posted by Only facts on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 7:31 AM
  • Havnt had a chance to watch the game yet but hats off to PHC,I hope this is the yr they finally get past the quarters!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 8:17 AM
  • It won't be. They need to play a perfect game just to stay on the field with Miller Career.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 8:38 AM
  • You're a consistently negative little **** aren't you.

-- Posted by Shortbus on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 9:36 AM

Chs has won 6 of the last 7 District titles so it is obvious we are not a lucky fluke that didn't work for it.

-- Posted by WhoareweCHS on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 9:57 AM
  • No I'm a consistently realistic little ****.

Miller Career doesn't give up many points and Park Hills appears to be down this year. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 10:45 AM
  • Boogin77, I know most of what you say on here is to just get people stirred up. However, you have proven to be nowhere close to a "rocket surgeon". You picked Jackson, Ste Gen, and Hillsboro this week. All lost by a ton. Miller Career doesn't give up many points because they play garbage. They played Roosevelt (one of the worst teams I have ever seen), Carnahan, Transportation & Law (real toughie there), Soldan, Vashon, Hogan Prep (good record but they play garbage teams in KC area). The two teams they beat that are any good are Gateway (who lost to MICDS) and they beat a down Burroughs team twice. And they played CBC (don't need to tell you how that one worked out for them).

Not saying PHC will beat Miller Career but I think they will be "able to stay on the same field as Miller Career". Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Just someone that knows a little bit about high school football.

-- Posted by Only facts on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 11:23 AM
  • Well you should be happy he picked against you guys, it all but guarantees a win. Boog is a tard, everyone knows this

-- Posted by RichardTheTurd on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 11:29 AM

Most of you knuckleheads thought PHC couldn't beat SG, but they ended up clowning on them 42-14.

It seems like quite a few keyboard warriors have no football credibility.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 6:32 PM
  • It was close for about 5 minutes of the second quarter. Brewster was good, but he can't do it by himself. Can't blame it on turnovers this year though. Flat River had the same amount we had. Better luck next year.

-- Posted by RichardTheTurd on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 6:51 PM
  • Listen I've said all yr that the districts run through PHC! I'm not surprised one bit! Ya I thought SG would win but there's a reason why I Bleed Green! Good luck next week

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 8:27 PM
  • Hey, BJ2: Put on your security guard uniform and go scream at some kids for missing free throws or for watching a strike go by. You're a real local treasure.

Congratulations, PHC.

-- Posted by Nada on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 8:36 PM
  • Well thank you that means alot!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 10:13 PM
  • I'm also in the top 10 for the pick em this season...obviously I know something about something.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 10:14 PM
  • DickTurd,

Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Nov 5, 2016, at 10:17 PM
  • Good luck next week PHC

-- Posted by Justablackcatfan on Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 8:11 PM
  • Why are all of you always doubting PHC. They will win the Title again next year and they will beat Miller by 21 this next week. Their Coach staff and Schemes are unbelievably good. Some of you guys on here just don't know the game football.

-- Posted by THe predictor 1973 on Tue, Nov 8, 2016, at 9:44 AM
  • Park hills will be favored to win the v district again next year, but Miller will beat PHC on saturday. My opinion.

-- Posted by RichardTheTurd on Tue, Nov 8, 2016, at 2:22 PM

My opinion is that shampoo is better. It goes on first and cleans the hair.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Tue, Nov 8, 2016, at 4:02 PM
  • We shall see

-- Posted by THe predictor 1973 on Tue, Nov 8, 2016, at 11:45 PM

what he said 5 peat....lol

-- Posted by Brother Vito on Sat, Nov 12, 2016, at 4:38 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: