Semoball

High School Football Forum: Perryville Pirates

Posted by hornets46 on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 12:14 AM:

What happened to the Pirates? I thought they had a lot coming back to build off their season last year. They played some good ball at times. Thought there were high hopes for them this year?

Replies (29)

• Soccer happened

-- Posted by Pete Czeria on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 11:07 AM
  • Yea, i talked to a few guys and they are calling the soccer program the reason for their football shenanigans.

I thought their quarterback was fantastic at times.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 1:07 PM
  • How many years has the HC been at Perryville and what is his record?

-- Posted by Cabby55 on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 2:00 PM
  • This is their HC's 5th year, not sure of exact record, but I'd say he's averaged 2-8 per season at best.

Probably playing the weakest class 4 schedule in the state.

He's awful!

-- Posted by nature boy on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 6:22 PM
  • Soccer does hurt their program a bit, but they're also getting a couple of St. Vincent's best kids to transfer over most years for soccer also.

-- Posted by nature boy on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 6:25 PM
  • Perryville is 13-34 with a bad schedule the last 5 years. 15-62 over the last 7 years. They have better talent than the records they have produced, IMO

-- Posted by Coachken on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 6:44 PM
  • Also just so Boogin knows, the kids from SV are actively encouraged by People involved with Perryville soccer program to transfer over.

Kind of like recruiting huh?

I don't know of any Perryville football players transferring to SV ever.

-- Posted by nature boy on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 7:00 PM
  • I really don't care. About done with the level of stupid on this board.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 7:25 PM
  • I've read your posts,and you care way too much about situations you don't know anything about.

Ready for follow up insult.

-- Posted by nature boy on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 7:46 PM
  • Whatever you say bud. Like I said, the cumulative IQ of this board is approaching double digits...

I've always been told if you find that you're the smartest guy in the room, it's time to find a new room. I'm fixing to find a new room.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 8:41 PM
  • Is the head coach in trouble if he doesn't win some games or is Perryville content with losing?

-- Posted by Cabby55 on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 9:35 PM
  • Boogin77 I knew you'd come!

Just wish I could buy you for what you're worth and sell you for what you think you're worth.

-- Posted by nature boy on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 9:39 PM
  • Cabby I'd say his seat is at least warm.

-- Posted by nature boy on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 9:41 PM
  • You couldn't afford me to begin with.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 9:57 PM
  • My point is made! Thanks for playing. WOOOO!

-- Posted by nature boy on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 10:12 PM
  • Boogin if you can't handle what is said on this site then you should leave. Your words not mine. Quit bluffing and do it.

-- Posted by hawkeye1985 on Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 10:54 PM
  • Who can't handle it? I'm saying 90% of it is moronic.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 12:15 AM
  • Yeah, the other 10% are other people's posts.

-- Posted by nature boy on Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 6:05 AM
  • Nature Boy....with the KO. And the truth.

-- Posted by Coachken on Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 8:09 AM
  • Perryville has two main factors that hurt their football program. Soccer and St. Vincent. They lose a lot of good athletes to soccer and if every boy from SV went to PHS they would still remain a class 4 team but have more athletes. Their coach is a great guy and hopefully they can find some success.

-- Posted by Tim Riggins on Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 8:47 AM
  • In return soccer has hurt SV football as well. Perryville is a big soccer town and there are a few athletes that choose PHS over SV to play soccer.

-- Posted by Tim Riggins on Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 8:48 AM
  • I remember last year ppl posting how bad the hc was, but heard great things about the assistants, what happened there? I'm not a Perryville fan, just caught a few games last year when I was in the area for work and thought they were gonna be tougher this year. After reading these post looks like it's a mess there. Feel sorry for the kids.

-- Posted by hornets46 on Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 8:58 AM
  • Everyone on the coaching staff from last years staff left to another school or is just teaching. Hc is a good guy but that doesnt win games. There is a number of instances this year where the kids weren't in the position to succeed. For instance up 18-0 against SV and let your QB throw the ball every down when you out size them up front. Trying to guard trips with 2 DB for a half against ST GEN. The list goes on and on. Soccer hurts a little but with that schedule and the talent they have .500 should be the worst case.

-- Posted by Pirates on Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 11:29 AM
  • They had a good coach in Winkler but ran him off because the parents complained he was too tough on their kids! He won a state championship with SV, maybe a little discipline is what they need. Just my opinion

-- Posted by Jesco White on Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 12:38 PM
  • Boost. What was Winklers record while at Perryville?

-- Posted by Wooo wooo wooooo! on Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 1:55 PM
  • I'd like to see Boogin and Donald Trump in the same room.

-- Posted by bunthimover on Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 4:18 PM
  • Winkler was 1-19 while at Perryville.

-- Posted by Wooo wooo wooooo! on Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 6:11 PM
  • In fairness to Winkler he was forced out before he could soften the schedule up. Coming in to year 3 he had lined up their new easier schedule and they canned him like a month before the season started because some of the Mommys complained that he was working their baby boys to hard.

-- Posted by nature boy on Mon, Oct 10, 2016, at 7:18 PM
  • Soccer in the town has negatively impacted both schools football programs. The youth football program has a hard time competing with the soccer programs. Until the town backs the youth football, in the same manner they back youth soccer, the football programs of the highschools will be limited.

-- Posted by Foghorn Leghorn on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 10:56 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: