Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Bloomfield vs Clopton

Posted by TheLennyFeder on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 11:39 AM:

Who do you have taking the game?

Replies (7)

• I have Bloomfield, Clopton must be a solid team to beat Ellington but if you looked at Ellington's season they beat up on some weaker teams. I am a firm believer Bloomfield has played a tougher schedule than Clopton as well. I am taking Bloomfield by 7.

-- Posted by lhs06 on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 11:49 AM

Clopton is a team i know nothing about would love to hear some one"s scouting report on them!

-- Posted by porchswing on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 11:59 AM
  • Don't know anything about clopton. Hope Bloomfield wins. Bring that trophy to semo Bloomfield.

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 12:00 PM

Honestly Clopton hasn't really played anyone that stands out on their schedule. I agree with lhs06 that Bloomfield might have played a tougher schedule so I'll take Bloomfield over Clopton and going to COMO!

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 12:51 PM

Clopton is from the Northeastern part if the state that tradionally brings nothing to the table as far as basketball. I'd say Bloomfield by 12.

-- Posted by cker23 on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 1:15 PM
  • Actually Clopton used to have a very strong basketball tradition in the 70s, 80s, and into the 90s. They were always a regular in the playoffs. Six final four appearances. They had 22 to 23 years of a lot of success. Came awfully close to state titles a few times, including playing SCC to the wire. But I will say they haven't been as strong the last 17 years or so. Bloomfield is the one that really has no playoff tradition to speak of. But I'm definitely pulling for the Wildcats to get it done.

-- Posted by semohoops on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 1:49 PM
  • Although I do hope that Bloomfield wins, I think that it is ignorant to assume that Clopton would have nothing to offer based on demographics. "Traditionally" Bloomfield has not been a power in southeast Missouri, therefore they should not have beaten SCC or Thayer with the outstanding tradition that both of those respective programs have. Point being, anyone who is fortunate enough to make it to a quarterfinal game is going to be a quality opponent capable of beating anybody on any given day. I think the close scores throughout the sectional games in class 2 all over the state last night support the fact that with the parity in class 2 anyone can win on any given night.

-- Posted by canolifromvagilios on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 1:50 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: