Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Girls Quarter Finals- Saxony vs PHC

Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 9:24 AM:

This is going to be a great game! I'm glad that Saxony is full strength now. I believe this is Saxony's year! The seniors on this team have been building up to this year for the last 4 years. Go Crusaders!

Replies (12)

• Winner is definitely favored to win next weekend in Columbia. Should be a great game.

-- Posted by DexterResident1976 on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 10:43 AM
  • Rebs will roll in this one, if they can keep Skaggs on the floor. Ballhandling for phc is shaky unless Skaggs is in the game

-- Posted by BTIndians on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 11:24 AM
  • Crusaders by 8

-- Posted by factchecker2016 on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 11:34 AM

Saxony wins this round by 90. PHC had trouble putting AV away but they did by three in OT. Same for Saxony as well except the seasoned Crusaders flexed their muscles and hit some FT as well when it counted. PHC don't have the finishing touch towards the end of the game like Saxony does. Hence why I give them the slight edge

-- Posted by cker23 on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 11:42 AM

PHC did have some issues taking care of the ball against Whitfield's press last night. Didn't seem to be quite the club they were last year. Miss the excellent PG and the older Skaggs, but they are still very good. Did a nice defensive job on Whitfield's outstanding 6' freshman to win one that could have gone either way.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 11:43 AM

Woah haha I meant 9, not 90 lol my bad.

-- Posted by cker23 on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 11:43 AM
  • Saxony is hitting on all cylinders and have been working towards this game for a year. The seniors on this team are best of friends off the court and unselfish on the court. Their goal is to win as a team with each member doing what they do best. It has been a pleasure following them the last four years and wish them the best of luck going forward.

-- Posted by G-pa on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 12:01 PM
  • Coach Sides has those girls playing like state champs. Coach Sides is a class act and it shows in their play. He has a team of phenomenal athletes that he has molded into a well oiled machine. Not only would I be shocked if they didn't beat PHC, but it would be a shame if they didn't bring home the big trophy this year. Good luck to them!

-- Posted by Clever User Name on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 12:05 PM
  • Rebs are BREWING up a game plan and hope to SUSPEND all Saxony counter attacks. PH has the HOPS on the boards, but may be a little LITE in the frontcourt. A STOUT effort will be needed for PH, and a PALE start could be troublesome. It's been a tough week at PH, and Reb fans hope there is no HANGOVER from the drama unfolding.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 12:15 PM
  • Clever, Bogey Man. Clever.

-- Posted by swimmerz1 on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 12:57 PM
  • Bogey man.....drop mic and walk away

-- Posted by BTIndians on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 1:00 PM
  • Haha, Bogey. Nice.....

Having seen both this year, I am giving the edge to Saxony. I think they will hoist the State hardware this year.

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Thu, Mar 3, 2016, at 1:17 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: