Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Leech moving to Sikeston next season?

Posted by ScamNewton2222 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 10:13 AM:

Rumors are spreading, just wondering?

Replies (15)

• I'm gonna have to see this kid play for myself. There's just too much hype.

-- Posted by rootingfortherefs on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 10:19 AM
  • There are tons of rumors that he's going to play at pretty much every school in the country, including Oak Hill. The hype is out of control at this point.

-- Posted by LeBum on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 10:23 AM
  • He better improve alot if the Oak Hill rumors are true.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 10:32 AM
  • rediculous

-- Posted by rootingfortherefs on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 10:33 AM

I actually heard he was looking for the highest bidder!!! So, he will probably end up at Notre Dame or Scott County Central.

Could you believe how tough Sikeston would be with Thatch, Leech & Jones on the floor together? Would there be enough basketballs in the gym for all three of them to be satisfied each game?

Could Coach Holifield handle 3 studs on the floor night in and night out?

Would love to see Rick Ray offer scholarships to all 3 right now and solidify his program since dropping some dead weight. I do believe each of these guys will be D-1, but just feel that they are low d-1 to mid-major D-1 at best with Leech having the highest ceiling!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 11:02 AM
  • Jones could be a force at the next level. I do not think he'd be a major D-1 caliber type player just due to his size. Heck Del Bogan, aka The Sikeston Killer, went to Jacksonville State. Nothing wrong with that! I'm just saying. My opinion Bogan could've played with anyone in the country but his height got him. Same thing with Jones.

Thatch, this is going to get interesting. He will be a D-1 player. Just is going to be mid-major or major D-1?

Leech, he'll go D-1 because he has the height. He has decent ball skills and he won't be the man on any team he will play on. Again, not his fault, he doesn't have a PG and has to do everything for that team. To me the kid needs to just play and let the hype be. He is way over hyped and the hype has to do with his size. Again not his fault.

The last major player to come out of SEMO was Otto Porter and NO ONE is on his level.....yet.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 12:12 PM
  • Heard rumors about Thatch last year. Heard he was going to every private school in St. Louis.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 12:14 PM

Heard Leech is considering Marquand.

-- Posted by cker23 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 12:21 PM
  • He's at Valle right now on a unofficial visit

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 12:23 PM

I know this post was made to just stir people up, but I will way in on a different perspective too it. There really isn't any value any more just moving from one local school to another. Sure regionally you might win more games and more people will hype you up on sport forums, but it's not really going to help you get noticed that much.

Prep schools and academy's is where it's at right now (with homeschool teams nipping at their hills). Some of the players from Leech's AAU program play for some really good prep schools including Lighthouse Christian Academy, Brentwood Academy, and La Lumiere. Also #1 SG in the 2017 class John Petty plays for J.O. Johnson which I believe is a public school, but it's also a big international magnet school and they have some ways of making their basketball team better for a public school haha.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 12:56 PM

Buckmajor, weigh** and also, playing on a better team with more of a supporting cast could absolutely bring out the best of Leech's game. He's having trouble making things happen now because he's getting double teamed every time he touches the ball. With a Thatch or a Jones on the same team, could the other team really afford to double him? I think if Leech had another star to play with, he would play his best basketball.

-- Posted by ScamNewton2222 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 1:08 PM

BuckMajor*, I think you missed my point. If he's going to move, going to Sikeston would add little value except locally. Might as well move to a prep school like the ones his AAU team is churning them out to if he wants to move.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 1:16 PM
  • Agreed no need to switch schools locally, unless its truly a family or job related issue with a parent. You wont see us begging him NOT to come here haha!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 1:24 PM
  • I completely agree with ScamNewton2222, why wouldn't he want to go play with somebody that could help him out, and not only that but he wouldn't be moving as far away. Leech needs help that's all.

-- Posted by JackieW213 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 1:26 PM

Agree 100% ciri, and I bet yall would haha.

Sure he may need some help, but moving locally for athletic reasons would only add short term value. That's just not how high major D1 recruiting works anymore.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 1:33 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: