Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Saxony Boy's Basketball Camp

Posted by Kdub102002 on Mon, Jun 22, 2015, at 9:37 AM:

Saxony Lutheran High School Boy's Basketball coaching staff will be hosting a skill development camp July 20th-24th. The camp will be held at Saxony Lutheran High School and will include 2 sessions, the first session 12:30-2:30 will be for grades 3-5, and the second session, 2:30-4:30 will be for grade 5-8. The camp will include drills, competitive shooting games as well as full court games. This camp is designed to improve your players skill level and have fun learning more about the game of basketball. The camp will include college players as counselors. Registration is at the door. For more information contact Kevin Williams @ 314-440-6064. The cost is $50.00

Replies (47)

• Reminder about the skills camp at Saxony the week of July 20th through the 24th. Shaping up to be a good week. I have included incoming freshman to the second session to increase the competitiveness. Should be fun! Grades 3-5 12:30 to 2:30, and grades 6-9 2:30 to 4:30. see you there, and registration is at the door. More info 314-440-6064

-- Posted by Kdub102002 on Sat, Jul 11, 2015, at 11:41 AM
  • Coach, you're doing a great job out there! The kids seem to buy into what you're giving out! I love what I saw when I walked through the gym!

-- Posted by SEMO Rainmakers on Fri, Jul 24, 2015, at 2:09 AM
  • Haven't had a chance to see the new look Crusaders yet, but hearing the new staff has the boys excited. Very interested to see what they can do! I know Kevin Williams is the new head coach, any idea who he has brought on to fill out the rest of the staff?

-- Posted by SEMOSportsfan1 on Fri, Jul 24, 2015, at 10:50 AM
  • I don't know about his coaching staff. I'm guessing whoever was already in place. But then from the team I saw this summer they looked to have quite a few new players brought in. I didn't see those players last year on varsity or Jv. I guess it's a private school so they may let him hire his own coaching staff.

-- Posted by basketball365 on Fri, Jul 24, 2015, at 11:25 AM
  • Hmmmmmmm

-- Posted by rowdyredhawk on Wed, Jul 29, 2015, at 1:57 AM
  • Coaching staff consists of former Saxony player Garrett Ruppell (JV), and last year assistant coach Chris Crawford. Both are knowledgeable and hungry to win. The freshman and JV have a lot of good young players and should be competitive. This summer both the JV and the Varsity won the championship in Cape's Summer league. It was a great way to start off the year, and I believe all teams will be competitive. Can't wait to get the season rolling.

-- Posted by Kdub102002 on Thu, Aug 13, 2015, at 10:17 AM
  • What summer league in cape has a tournament? Only league I know of is the cape parks and recreation league played mostly at Osage center, but there is no tournament and not all of the teams even face one another.

-- Posted by bootheelball on Thu, Aug 13, 2015, at 3:13 PM
  • He didn't mention a tournament.

-- Posted by Pete Czeria on Thu, Aug 13, 2015, at 5:02 PM
  • Pete...how does one win a championship without there being a tournament?? He said they "won the championship in Cape's Summer league"

-- Posted by bootheelball on Fri, Aug 14, 2015, at 1:22 PM
  • Bootheel, I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he meant they finished at the top of the standings.

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Aug 14, 2015, at 1:34 PM
  • For example, the Ivy League doesn't have a conference basketball championship. The conference gets an automatic bid. Therefore, the winner is the champion of the conference. You have conference winners, then you have conference tournament winners. They can be one and the same, but they aren't always the same.

-- Posted by Pete Czeria on Fri, Aug 14, 2015, at 2:01 PM
  • -- Posted by Pete Czeria on Fri, Aug 14, 2015, at 2:01 PM

You just compared a summer basketball league in Cape Girardeau to an NCAA basketball conference....

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Aug 14, 2015, at 2:17 PM
  • You can't be the champions of a summer league when not all the teams in the same division of the league faced each other. That's why I was wondering if that league had a tournament that I wasn't aware of.

I'm glad saxony had a good summer but what are they trying to do by self proclaiming them as champions.

-- Posted by basketball365 on Fri, Aug 14, 2015, at 4:43 PM
  • I should say "that why I am wondering"?

Kdub.. Hasn't resounded so maybe the league does have a tourney..but not to my knowledge.

-- Posted by basketball365 on Fri, Aug 14, 2015, at 4:49 PM
  • He asked for an example of how one wins a championship without winning a tournament. I did that. End of story.

-- Posted by Pete Czeria on Fri, Aug 14, 2015, at 11:17 PM
  • I wonder if they will now get an automatic bid into the Oran Invitational for winning the Cape Girardeau Summer Basketball League?....😊

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Aug 15, 2015, at 8:45 AM

I believe some you guys just surf the site looking for an opportunity to cut somebody else down! If Saxony had the best record in the league that makes them league champions! Maybe you've never experienced such position and don't quite understand it. Get somewhere and sit down! Why are you so overly concerned about his statement anyway!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Aug 16, 2015, at 5:06 PM
  • -- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Aug 16, 2015, at 5:06 PM

Because summer basketball doesn't mean jack squat!!...Answer your own question.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sun, Aug 16, 2015, at 8:40 PM
  • Saxony's varsity got beat by Jackson's sophomores in the summer league

-- Posted by Bearcatfan99 on Sun, Aug 16, 2015, at 8:55 PM
  • Saxony's varsity got beat by Jackson's sophomores in the summer league

-- Posted by Bearcatfan99 on Sun, Aug 16, 2015, at 8:55 PM

Like I said...

-- Posted by BonScott on Sun, Aug 16, 2015, at 9:04 PM

Saxony's varsity is mostly sophomores w a few Juniors. Also, for the record the group of Jackson sophomores you're speaking of played in the JV division this summer! So there's no way they best Saxony's varsity! That's a lie! The group they beat were Freshmen and second tier sophomores.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Aug 16, 2015, at 10:53 PM
  • My advice for what its worth is high school coaches should avoid posting on here. Nothing to gain. Only negative comments will come.

Except for Coach Mathis. He uses this site very well!

Also. JustSpeaking. I thought your boy played for Jackson? Why the negative comments against us?

I believe Jackson sophomores could beat Saxony Varsity!

The future is bright for my Indians!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Aug 16, 2015, at 11:24 PM

Indian Pride, I didn't make any negative comments against Jackson. Please read my comment again. My son played on that team a few games this Summer but it wasn't Jackson school. It was the SEMO Storm who has mostly Jackson kids on it. Because my son did play on that team is exactly why I know the statement made by Bearcat is false. My original purpose in posting wasn't to bash anyone. That's what these guys have turned this thread into. Saxony's coach made a statement and these guys immediately tried to crucify him. That's just wrong. The truth is that team competed in the JV division.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 6:27 AM

The truth is the truth no matter where my allegiance is. Saxony's JV team in the summer league were freshmen and second tier sophomores. Their best sophomores play varsity because they have a handful of juniors and no seniors.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 6:30 AM
  • The Semo Storm beat the Saxony team with Corie Williams, William Rogers, ect. Juniors and Seniors. They were in the varsity division.

-- Posted by Bearcatfan99 on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 6:31 AM

I don't know how they jumped from division to division because as stated above my son played a few games on that team and they competed in JV. Is it possible you saw them play another time outside of the city league? We're discussing the Cape city league. At least that's what the Saxony coach was discussing.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 6:49 AM

Once again they have NO seniors and you continue to stretch your comments to include something that don't exist.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 6:51 AM

The SEMO Storm will be a few varsity teams in the area! They're very talented! They'll beat your Bearcats as well but that has nothing to do with the hateful way this coach was attacked for giving his boys accolades.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 6:53 AM
  • The Jackson freshmen might've been in the JV? But I personally witnessed the Storm playing Advance varsity, Cario varsity, Saxony varsity, ND varsity, ect.

-- Posted by Bearcatfan99 on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 7:41 AM

Ok. I'll leave that alone. I guess you think I wasn't there. Once again, my son played on that Storm team. I have no knock against the Storm and what they can do. I do believe they'll beat several varsity clubs in this area. But that has nothing to do with the origin of this discussion nor the fact that you insist they played at the varsity level. Have a good day.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 7:56 AM
  • -- Posted by whistleone on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 8:06 AM
  • Not sure who played at what level, all I know is Saxony was awarded a championship trophy for both their JV and Varsity teams for the 2015 summer league. I think the Storm team may have played Saxony in the very 1st game of the league, in which Jackson won, however Saxony did not have a head coach at that time. Either way neither is a big deal cause it was summer. Coaches substitute and divide playing time differently than the regular season. However it was a nice accomplishment for a team that didn't win too much last year and the kids on both teams worked hard and came together as we head into the school year.

-- Posted by Kdub102002 on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 9:50 AM
  • Like I said, the Storm played in the varsity with one loss to Cairo when Storm was missing 3 starters and the other loss to one of the ND teams in triple OT.

-- Posted by Bearcatfan99 on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 10:20 AM

Bearcat, not sure what you're reading. Whistle posted the link. The Storm clearly played in the JV.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 11:10 AM
  • from the link shared above their are 12 teams in the varsity division but each team only played 8 games.

Its cool Saxony did good and I get they had the best record..im just surprised their is a trophy or a "champion' named when all the teams dont face every other team.

-- Posted by bootheelball on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 1:40 PM
  • Missouri Storm is not SEMO Storm. Semo Storm went as Jackson, but wore their Storm uniforms.

-- Posted by Bearcatfan99 on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 5:39 PM
  • Kdub best of luck, haters always hate!

-- Posted by Hatershate on Mon, Aug 17, 2015, at 7:35 PM
  • Saxony will be a contender. Coach Williams will turn that team around. I seen that first hand this summer during summer play.

-- Posted by fastbreak on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 10:50 AM

I look for that district to be Charleston and Woodland being the top teams, then Scott City, Arcadia Valley and Saxony Lutheran being real close maybe even EP

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 11:11 AM
  • Please don't forget that the JV for Saxony went 21-4 last year with a lot of the kids playing varsity this year. The cupboard wasn't left bare by Coach Winkler. Coach Williams will do fine but Winkler helped bring those kids along. The youngsters did have some success last year. Their future success didn't come out of the blue, it was built.

-- Posted by ToeTheLine on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 11:43 PM
  • I'm not trying to start a fight but I played on ND's variant basketball team this summer and I remeber this summer we playe the storm team and won in triple OT then had 2 more games after that

-- Posted by Tigerforlife on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 4:19 PM
  • @maxpreps, I cleary stated up there that one of the Storm's two loses came against an ND team in 3 OT.

-- Posted by Bearcatfan99 on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 6:47 PM
  • Yes I know I was agreeing with u @bearcatfan99

-- Posted by Tigerforlife on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 10:34 PM
  • @maxpreps My bad. I didn't realize that. But at least you know the Storm was in the varsity division.

-- Posted by Bearcatfan99 on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 1:07 PM
  • I got the opportunity to see the future of Jackson basketball tonight!

Man am I excited to see it! The potential is great! Would love to see them carry on the success that has been established over the past few years and there is no doubt they have that ability!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 8:24 PM
  • this isnt a baseball forum

-- Posted by Tigerforlife on Thu, Sep 3, 2015, at 12:23 PM
  • this isnt a baseball forum

-- Posted by maxpreps on Thu, Sep 3, 2015, at 12:23 PM

Who said it was? I haven't seen any talk of baseball.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Sep 3, 2015, at 2:21 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: