Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: SEMO Coach Rick Ray

Posted by Bogey Man on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 9:28 AM:

SEMO has taken a chance. Certainly an interesting hire. Hope he can impress some people right from the start. I don't know if many people will have any patience for a long building process. I wish Coach Ray good luck.

Replies (72)

Good luck, Coach Ray. I hope that my alma mater will be more competitive soon. GO REDHAWKS!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 9:34 AM
  • I don't see the chance they're taking. They got a guy to come to a bottom feeder OVC school and to take over a fifth of what he was previously making.

-- Posted by RiceHarper on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 9:35 AM
  • Coach Ray has a Kansas City background, and that's a plus. I think he will get basketball players from Missouri on scholarship to come play for SEMO. I'm not one of the guys who think SEMO can win with a ton of local talent like some of the bloggers on here, but I do think SEMO have missed out on the state of Missouri as a whole.

If Coach Ray recruits, Kansas City, St.Louis, Springfield, Columbia, Southeast Missouri, Southern Illinois, Western Tennessee and Kentucky, NE Arkansas, Memphis, and Chicago, SEMO with the facilities, could become above average in the OVC.

He said all the right things in his opening press conference that's for sure. I liked the point he made about developing players, hopefully he stick to this and sign Freshman instead of transfers.

-- Posted by coachporterjp3 on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 9:49 AM
  • Totally agree with you Coach Porter, Although with how college athletics have turned he will probably have to sign a few transfers to give himself the time to develop freshman. My guess is he gets about 2 transfers first two years then goes to freshman solely, unless a can't miss transfer wants to come here.

-- Posted by SEMOSportsfan1 on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 10:08 AM
  • SEMOSportsfan1 it's year 1 he's playing with "House Money" take this approach, it probably want happen, but just wishful thinking. Take all 5th year seniors who's interested in getting their master degrees from SEMO so your only committed to them for one year. Then you'd have all those scholarships to use after year 1 he will have a season to recruit. He could fill a team with 1 year committed players verse having to commit to juco players for 2 years.

Honestly I wouldn't be opposed as Alumni/Fan to taking a lot of lumps this year to get players he want in year 2.

-- Posted by coachporterjp3 on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 10:24 AM
  • As a Coach, your record is the proof in the puddin! Why hire another Coach with a sub-par record???? SEMO will never be a great program....it's call a Losing Mentality. You get what you pay for.

-- Posted by TIDAL on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 10:36 AM
  • The chance SEMO is taking is his track record - a 38% winning percentage.

I agree it is important to get some Missouri guys to put some people in the seats. Agree, not entirely a team of local SEMO high school players, but at least some kids that the average fan will have some rooting interest in. Not easy to get excited about a sub .500 team with players from Memphis.

Also important for him to put a decent team together in his first few years. Three or four years invested in Coach Ray and if they still have losing records, and you can bet people are going to bring up his career record. Just the nature of the beast. He will not get 6-8 years to turn things around.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 10:40 AM
  • Bogey Man-Now your last paragraph makes sense.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 10:42 AM
  • Coach Ray (SEC) & Coach Nutt (OVC) Last 3 years side by side:

Year Overall Conf Non Conf

Ray (37-60)

2012 10-22 (4-14) (6-8)

2013 14-19 (3-15) (11-4)

2014 13-19 (6-12) (7-7)

Nutt (48-47)

2012 17-16 (8-8) (9-8)

2013 18-14 (8-8) (10-6)

2014 13-17 (7-9) (6-8)

-- Posted by coachporterjp3 on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 10:54 AM
  • Bogey Man, do you know the longest tenured coach that SEMO has had since going D1 ?

-- Posted by coachporterjp3 on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 10:56 AM
  • Not without looking it up. Fill us in, Coach. I'm guessing your point being that no head coach lasts a long time at SEMO. I am hoping Coach Ray does well. It's about time SEMO hired a black head basketball coach. Maybe he can relate to some kids and convince them to come to SEMO. I am convinced coaching is more about getting the "Jimmys and Joes" and not the "Xs and Os".

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 11:06 AM
  • Bogey Man, do you know the longest tenured coach that SEMO has had since going D1 ?

-- Posted by coachporterjp3 on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 10:56 AM

My guess is Ron Shumate.

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 11:51 AM
  • Getting talented kids is one thing, the difference between winning and losing is getting talented kids of good character and winning qualities.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 11:54 AM
  • Since SEMO went D-1

Shumate 6 years

Garner 9 years

Edgar 3 years

Nutt 6 years

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 12:00 PM
  • It's about time SEMO hired a black head basketball coach. Maybe he can relate to some kids

Wow! Are you saying that white coaches can't relate to players? If so, then how do you explain Coach K, Jim Boeheim, Bob Knight, Dale Brown, Dean Smith and others like them?

-- Posted by newbie67 on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 1:07 PM
  • Gotta love those stereotypes, bogey.

-- Posted by Slim shady on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 1:40 PM
  • They need to get the local talent, I know you can't have 15 guys all from semo but your telling me they can't have a starter from our area? We produce guards every year that are quality players. Jacksonville State signed 3 guys from our area. If Ray can get local guys the attendance will also increase and so will excitement.

-- Posted by lhs06 on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 1:48 PM
  • I just think a young black coach could possibly relate to recruits more than a middle aged white coach, and get them to take a chance on SEMO. Compare the number of black head college coaches to the number of assistant black coaches. It hasn't been easy for black coaches to get a chance to be a head coach. Congratulations to SEMO for hiring it's first black head basketball coach, that's all I'm saying. Don't twist my words to mean anything else.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 1:59 PM
  • Bogey, I didn't twist your words. I asked a question, and then asked for an explanation if the answer was yes. Not sure why you think I was twisting your words.

-- Posted by newbie67 on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 2:03 PM
  • It's about time SEMO hired a black head basketball coach. Maybe he can relate to some kids

That wins the award for dumbest post of the day. Apparently the PC crowd has brainwashed you too...I'm with newbie. Please explain yourself.

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 2:58 PM
  • I think SEMO made a great hire. Coach Ray has a great coaching pedigree as an assistant, is only three years into his head coaching career, and has shown he is a great recruiter with the last class he brought into Miss. St. I'm just surprised he was willing to come to SEMO after coaching in the SEC. Once again, AD Mark Alnutt shows his brilliance. Can't wait to see who they've hired to be the women's coach tomorrow.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 4:01 PM
  • I am convinced coaching is more about getting the "Jimmys and Joes" and not the "Xs and Os".

And I take it you must not watch a lot of college basketball!? You won the internet today!

-- Posted by BobbyKite22 on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 4:12 PM
  • Awesome. What did I win?

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 5:58 AM
  • Awesome. What did I win?

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 5:58 AM

A plaque that says, "I can't think for myself, so I let the do-good PC crowd do it for me"!!! Congratulations!

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 7:48 AM
  • I don't see anything dumb about Bogey mans post. He used the word "maybe". Which means there's a possibility because of the fact that he is a minority and will be able to "possibly" use his life experiences as a man of color to have a positive impact on young peoples lives, white or black or any other ethnicity. I, too, also congratulate SEMO on hiring a minority head coach.

Bon-Do you not really think that minorities aren't discriminated against in the community of coaches?

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 7:51 AM
  • Glad you can see thru the "spins", Whitlock. Some just like turning a debate into a cockfight on here. I stand by my statements, and no need to explain myself any further to those looking to twist my words. BTW - the number of black head coaches in D I is at it's lowest level (18%) since 1993-94.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 8:47 AM
  • Now you're twisting our words, Bogey. No one disputed the number of black coaches in D-1. You made a statement insinuating that white coaches can't relate to players. I asked how you would explain the success of Coach K, Knight, etc., etc. I never put any kind of spin on your statement. You qualified him as a black coach in your statement and then immediately followed with "Maybe he can relate". So if you think a young, black coach may be able to relate better, how do you explain all the others I mentioned? Or can they not relate?

-- Posted by newbie67 on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 9:08 AM
  • Bon-Do you not really think that minorities aren't discriminated against in the community of coaches?

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 7:51 AM

No, I do not jwhitlock. The black community makes up only 13% of our population. And in today's NCAA, where the money is huge, Universities are going to hire the most QUILIFIED coach possible. Whether that's white, black, Hispanic, etc...I'm sick and tired of that being a topic of conversation when these coaches get hired. I don't care what your skin color is, just win games and do it legally.

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 9:09 AM
  • Bon I usually agree with most of what you say. However, I can't agree with someone who doesn't accept that discrimination takes place in all aspects of our world. That doesn't mean that EVERYBODY does it. It just means that it occurs. And it certainly does occur in some instances when it comes to hiring coaches.

The money is only huge at the highest levels of the NCAA. The money is not huge at SEMO.

I don't think you're making discriminatory remarks. I do think you're underestimating the amount of discrimination that takes place.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 9:24 AM
  • Very well put, whitlock.

BonScott, you cannot compare Krzyzewski at Duke and Boeheim at Syracuse to SEMO. The Duke name and tradition sells that program as much as the head coach, just as the prestige of playing at Syracuse, Kentucky, North Carolina and so forth. And you can bet that each program has a top assistant who is black. I don't understand why it is so difficult for you to see that a young teenage black basketball player might be more drawn to a relatively young black coach recruiting him vs. a white coach in his 50s.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 9:46 AM

C'mon, people. This is a SPORTS/ATHLETICS forum. Please feel free to call an AM, political talk show to discuss your views, start a community group, vote/run for office, etc., but please stop...it is 2015/who is the Commander-in-Chief? The only colors that matter are team colors, the color of $ & the color of the ball, puck or what have you, SEMO Homies & homettes...children/young people are reading these words. BE COOL (like Arthur Fonzarelli), please. Thanks.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 9:50 AM
  • Bogey, Bon Scott never said anything about those coaches. Look at Duke before Coach K got there. Mediocre at best and look what he did. How about Greg Marshall at Wichita State? Surely you won't put them in the same class as Duke, KY, NC..... Just so there's no confusion, I don't care what color the coach is, but I do take offense at the insinuation that white coaches can't relate. If I read more into than what was there, then I apologize.

-- Posted by newbie67 on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 9:56 AM

...& by the way; please donate some water to California (there are more important things to ponder, ya' overstand?). I AM HELLA' THIRSTY & WE ARE RUNNING OUT IN THE GOLDEN STATE?! *wink*

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 10:00 AM
  • Y'all got too many people out in Cali.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 10:07 AM
  • BTW - the number of black head coaches in D I is at it's lowest level (18%) since 1993-94.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 8:47 AM

The black community makes up only 13% of our population.

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 9:09 AM

So, 13% of our country is made up of blacks and 18% of D1 coaches are black. Sounds somewhat proportional to me. I don't see the problem here.

-- Posted by Flyers20 on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 10:37 AM
  • newbie, I never meant to insinuate that white coaches couldn't relate to black athletes. There are many great white coaches out there that are great human beings. But I think they certainly get more chances to be head coaches than their black counterparts. I am not black so I can't speak for black people. But I can certainly understand how a black kid being recruited would relate to a young black coach more than a middle aged white coach. I think that would be common sense and not something racial or demeaning to white coaches. As I stated, while only 18% of D I coaches are black, you can bet that nearly every school has a black assistant to send to homes of the black kid they are recruiting.

outtacharleston - maybe part of the problems we are seeing today with race relations is people refusing to be open and honest about discussions. We can or should be able to talk about these issues without turning ugly or offensive to people of different races. Keeping quiet isn't always the best solution. No problem goes away by not talking about it.

Flyers - black athletes make up 57% of D I basketball players. Yet only 18% of D I coaches are black. You don't see a problem with that?

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 11:14 AM

Looking at the population as a whole doesn't mean a hill of beans. You have to look at the sample size you are comparing. Coaches vs. entire population, it should be looked at coaches vs. proportion of basketball players, of which around 60% are African American. That is more where the problem lies. And almost 90% of athletic directors are white as well. Don't really have a dog in the fight, just want to point out some things about the argument.

But I also commend SEMO on the hire.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 11:19 AM
  • Thanks Buck and I don't have a dog in this fight other than I would like to see SEMO become a prominent mid major along the lines of Murray State. I hope Coach Ray can get it done.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 12:03 PM
  • -- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 11:19 AM

Out of that 60% Buck, how many do you think receive a degree?

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 12:05 PM
  • Do you guys also realize, being a college basketball player does not qualify you to be a coach.

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 12:11 PM
  • His success will come down to one thing, what kind of talent can he bring in. I don't know what kind of system he runs, but I don know that for him to be successful he needs to get some "Tyler Stone" type guys. Guys who were fringe guys in the power conferences but who can compete at the mid-major level. I think he will improve the program if he comes in with the right mindset with a clear idea of what he wants in his team. VCU before the move to the A-10 is a perfect example. Shaka Smart knew what it would take for him to be successful. He recruited a group of guys that were stellar athletes and bought in to his style of play. They wouldn't out shoot you, but they would out work you and make you turn the ball over and it paid off. Smart won a ton of games, went to a final four, got an invite to one of the better conferences in the nation, and he got a job at Texas that I think he will turn into a powerhouse very soon.

-- Posted by navinjohnson on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 12:14 PM
  • I agree BonScott, I would bet not even half of that 60% get a degree.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 12:29 PM
  • I would say that more than 30% of the 60% get a degree. Only a small percentage are one and dones and there are over 300 d-1 schools, most that are not majors(which get a lot of the focus).

I agree that being a player does not qualify you to be a coach.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 12:40 PM

On the degree question I couldn't tell you. What is it!? I do know that around 74% of D1 basketball players get their degree, so I guess you could take 60% of that, but that's probably not the most accurate number. But it might get you in the ball park. Maybe they don't get their degrees because they don't have a head coach that can relate to them!? Haha I'm just kidding, I really don't know.

I do know that we can throw these one-and-done players or those that don't stay until senior year under the bus, but many professional athletes do come back and get their degree. I think it's probably a lot more than everyone thinks. Kevin Durant has gone back to Texas, Westbrook to UCLA, Chris Paul to Wake Forrest. I follow Kentucky so I know the most about them, and they normally always have a player our two on campus during the summer. You will see people put up pictures of them on campus taking classes all the time. I have a young cousin who goes to Auburn and had classes with Cam Newton this summer.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 1:27 PM
  • Rekha Patterson named the SEMO Women's coach. She sure is pretty!!

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 1:47 PM
  • Bogey Man 9 years the longest SEMO has given a head coach to get things rolling. As a minority coach myself I'm always happy when a minority coach gets an opportunity to coach as a head coach I'm excited with hopes that it'll open up another door for the next young guy.

It's sit and wait time now the SEMO fan base / alumni have to get behind Coach Ray he's our guy

-- Posted by coachporterjp3 on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 1:59 PM
  • Only 18% of coaches are black. Maybe there just aren't that many good coaching candidates that are black. That's not to say that they aren't good coaching candidates because they are black, but maybe whites have more interest in coaching. I just have a problem with the mentality of "I'm glad they FINALLY hired a black coach"

Just because black coaches aren't being hired, doesn't mean they are being discriminated agianst.

That would be like me complaining that white players aren't getting a chance to play in the NBA because less than 20% of the players are white. That would be silly for me to do, because there are more good black players than there are white players!

-- Posted by Flyers20 on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 2:10 PM
  • -- Posted by Flyers20 on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 2:10 PM

I agree 100%!!

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 2:13 PM
  • And maybe there are many good black coaching candidates that are applying, and maybe many good black candidates are interested in coaching, and maybe just aren't getting hired. I can come up with as many "maybes" as you.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 3:00 PM
  • Ok, who are the candidates that you think have been passed over for Head Coaching positions because they are black?

-- Posted by Flyers20 on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 3:08 PM
  • About half of what Flyers20 is saying makes sense to me.

Maybe their ARE good coaching candidates that are black. We can all go back and forth on this all day long.

I do agree that it would be stupid to hire a minority ethnicity as a coach just for the sake of doing it.

Sometimes a minority is passed over because someone else is qualified. Sometimes a minority is passed over because of discrimination.

The black/white players in the NBA scenario does not apply because the best players will always play in the NBA because a coaches job is on the line.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 3:25 PM
  • ...and the AD's job is on the line as well.

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 3:29 PM
  • Mizzou hoops did its part in hiring minorities. Course we all know how that turned out, they both fled the premises. But mr caucasian the Mighty Quin made both of them look like HOF coaches. So there are morons on both sides of the coin as is usually the case.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 3:56 PM
  • Why did Rick Ray get fired from Mississippi State?

-- Posted by newbie67 on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 5:00 PM
  • Whitlock, I understand that the best players are going to play, that's why I said it would be silly for me to make the argument that there should be more white players. But you could also argue that the best coaches are going to be hired because a GM/AD's job is on the line.

I still want to hear names of coaches that you think have been discriminated a against, and that's why they haven't been hired to be a head coach.

-- Posted by Flyers20 on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 6:21 PM
  • Ray got fired for not winning -the same as any coach. By all accounts, he took over a tough situation in turmoil and brought stability and integrity to the program. He just didn't win enough games fast enough.

Sorry Flyers, I am not privy to hirings at any universities. So I guess in your mind that means it doesn't happen in sports or any line of work in Make Believe Land.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 8:16 PM
  • Not without looking it up. Fill us in, Coach. I'm guessing your point being that no head coach lasts a long time at SEMO. I am hoping Coach Ray does well. It's about time SEMO hired a black head basketball coach. Maybe he can relate to some kids and convince them to come to SEMO. I am convinced coaching is more about getting the "Jimmys and Joes" and not the "Xs and Os".

I feel embarrassed that all this talk started with a comment that I interpreted the wrong way. I should have known that what Bogey really meant about relating was this:

I just think a young black coach could possibly relate to recruits more than a middle aged white coach, and get them to take a chance on SEMO. Compare the number of black head college coaches to the number of assistant black coaches. It hasn't been easy for black coaches to get a chance to be a head coach. Congratulations to SEMO for hiring it's first black head basketball coach, that's all I'm saying. Don't twist my words to mean anything else.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 1:59 PM

I should have been able to see that Bogey was talking about how hard it's been for black coaches to be a head coach, even though it was never mentioned in the first comment. And on top of that, it led to BonScott's comment that there is no discrimination in college basketball hiring (I can't seem to find the comment now, so it must have mysteriously been deleted). So my bad, everybody.

-- Posted by newbie67 on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 9:25 PM
  • Having said that, please let me say this. I am for hiring whoever is the most qualified regardless of the color of his skin. If Rick Ray is the most qualified guy, then it is the right choice. If Rick Ray isn't the most qualified, then it's the wrong choice. I assume there has been discrimination in hiring in college basketball because it goes on in all aspects of life, but it's strictly an assumption. I've never sat in on an interview, and I've never read a single resume. Congratulations to Rick Ray for being selected as SEMO's coach, and I hope he builds a great program.

-- Posted by newbie67 on Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 9:31 PM

Can we all just drop our pants and start measuring? Give this convo a friggin' break and lets move on. For Chris Sakes!!!

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 1:11 AM
  • Agree with all of that Newbie. There is nothing wrong with having this discussion. I hope Coach Ray gets the time to build the SEMO program. SEMO fans will have to be patient, just as MIZZOU fans.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 6:16 AM
  • He was the only one left, so I mean he got the job.. and if you go by Bogey's way of thinking it sounds like you have way too many black players, just say'n you brought up the ratio not me .?????

-- Posted by DA#1OLDCAT on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 10:53 AM
  • He was the only one left, so I mean he got the job.. and if you go by Bogey's way of thinking it sounds like you have way too many black players, just say'n you brought up the ratio not me .?????

-- Posted by DA#1OLDCAT on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 10:53 AM
  • Never said that. I stated that 60% of D I players and 18% of coaches are black. Those are facts. In no way did I insinuate there are too many black players. So don't try interpreting my "way of thinking". You're not near smart enough.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 12:01 PM
  • Comical that so many of you are trying to spin facts. Obvious agendas. LOL

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 12:16 PM

I am in East Oakland like a Golden State Warrior (94621)...my future wife is Pacific Islander, I have Black, Asian & Mexican neighbors, I get my Cali *Snoop Dogg* from a White person & my boss is Filipino... & I don't give a **** about my bad reputation like Joan Jett plus no one on the corner has swagger luke us (MIA)...Rainbow style; dig it? Oh, & my blood is red. What color is yours?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 12:23 PM

*like us

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 12:25 PM

*M.I.A.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 12:31 PM
  • I have family that lives in Bay Pointe. They went to high school in Concord. Too crowded out there for me. LOL

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 12:38 PM

Joan Jett: Bad Reputation (video)...they call me country out here/are prejudice against me because of my accent & I ride around pumping Kid Rock/Charlie Daniels and the like in the East Oakland ghettos...I dig everybody! LET'S PARTY!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 12:46 PM

...I'll bet a fiddle of gold, against your soul because I think I'm better than you...

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 12:50 PM

...me/in front of my house on the weekends: Wiz Khalifa: We Dem Boyz (video)...

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 1:19 PM

Public Enemy: Hazy Shade of Criminal (video)...

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Apr 16, 2015, at 1:38 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: