Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: SCC State Bound!!!

Posted by Baller4Real on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 3:27 PM:

Different class, same outcome...state semifinals!!!

Replies (33)

• Wow. Impressive post.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 3:51 PM
  • Personally I think it is impressive. They moved up a class and are playing very few people.

To make it to the final four at any time is impressive.

The playoff experience and expectation to go to Columbia seems to have worked for them again this year. Best of luck SCC and the rest of SEMO teams!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 4:09 PM
  • Plus they only have 7 players that's impressive

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 4:11 PM
  • Let's see, Daniels scored 29 in the sectionals and averages double figures on the year. The important thing here is that you TRIED, Bleed Green. And we're just so proud of ya.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 4:28 PM
  • Bleed, it's not football season

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 4:31 PM
  • At least bleed green is an equal opportunity hater!

-- Posted by lhs06 on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 4:41 PM

So what Bleed is saying, if I'm reading correctly, is that Valle couldn't stop a team that only had one player.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 5:13 PM
  • My comments were not directed at the team. They were directed at the poster. A bit brash anyway because we don't know if the results will be the same or not.

As far as bleed green goes, I'd say you guys should just be happy that Valle won a district in basketball. They've had little to no success in that sport. Now you guys can get after another state title in baseball.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 5:38 PM
  • Yep Larry,that's what I got...???

-- Posted by DA#1OLDCAT on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 5:39 PM
  • Scott central played down to their opponents after the district final. They better step their game up because Crane is not Valle or Thayer.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 5:44 PM
  • Find the post where I bashed Chris Trimmer. He's obviously and very smart guy because he knew to leave Dexter after one year! Haha

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 5:45 PM
  • - "All of you" bashed the coach; I don't recall seeing that

- "All of you" predicted they would lose by 30; please post some proof of that.

If by "all of you" you mean 1 or 2 people, then by that reasoning all Valle fans are also ignorant I guess?

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 5:50 PM
  • Guess those feathers got really ruffled as Jeff Porter was dropping 46 on that rear.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 5:58 PM

That's the kind of LEO we love and respect!!! SMH

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 6:02 PM
  • I'm not easy, I resent that

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 6:13 PM
  • What happened to the Lemons kid?

-- Posted by The Deuce on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 6:18 PM
  • Things got sour, that's all I'm going to say.

(I have no idea)

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 6:20 PM
  • Bleed you made me go read that whole thing for 1 comment? Shame on you. Anyway I thought u were a St Gen person not a Valle. Make up your mind I get all confused!!

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 6:22 PM
  • Oops I should of waited a minute to post.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 6:24 PM
  • A great game to watch. Credit to Valle for not folding when getting down double digits a couple times and keeping the game close at the end. Porter was too tough to guard man to man.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 6:24 PM
  • Bleed did you go to the game when Sikeston came there to play? I know u don't do basketball but u seem to know some about it.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 6:32 PM
  • Whoa whoa whoa people. Let me set the record straight. Bleed Green is about the biggest Valle hater in SG as you'll find. Please do not associate his comments or him in general with Valle fans or teams EVER!!!!

For all of you on this thread, please refer to my comment I made on the "key games" thread. SCC and their fans were very classy last night, as was Valle. You can also look at our coaches comments on mosports.

Good luck next week. Also, I don't find this post offensive or brash at all.......until Bleed started commenting. So let's return to being classy.

Norm, shut your mouth. You say coach trimmer is your favorite and now you're gonna bring shame and ridicule to him and his team? Stay out of Valle's business.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 6:49 PM
  • And I'm not Frank. I told you that once before.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 7:14 PM
  • It would be great to be class 1,2 or 3 with teams representing all those in state. I'd have lots of games to watch.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 7:18 PM
  • Totally agree with you bogey, I wish the coach would've adjusted defensively, got to try something.

-- Posted by bunthimover on Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 7:52 PM
  • Hey Bleed, I love you man, but I think you've got me confused with BuckMajor. He picks the Game of the Week on his Roundball Pick'Em. I do pick a Marquee Match-Up on "Key Games" each week, but what does that have to do with SCC or Valle? Am I missing something here?

Or as bearcat1forall would put it: "Just wat u talken bout bleed goon? Splain it to me Bucko!"

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 12:34 AM
  • Congrats to SCC on going to the final four yet again. It was a fun game to watch, similar to a college setting with a lot of fans from both schools. Valle fought hard but SCC was too quick. Unbelievably quick on defense, if you didn't protect the ball, it was gone in a blink of an eye. You can force Porter to the left or to the right and it doesn't matter, the kid is gonna score. Someone said they were 1 dimensional...not at all, all those kids were playing tenacious defense and flying all over the place. I believe Valle scared them though, SCC was wearing down at the end of the 3rd qtr but they were still quicker. The SCC fans were great to talk to and both teams and fans respected each other. Good Luck at the final four, i'll be cheering you on.

-- Posted by BBUBET on Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 10:55 AM
  • Is this Bleed Green guy a special needs person or just a small kid. He seems to want and need alot of attention.

-- Posted by jrob5352 on Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 11:57 AM
  • Jrob5352, Bleed's bark is worse than his bite! In real life, he's a good guy that I like a lot. He does enjoy stirring the pot on Semoball though.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 1:22 PM

I also thought Valle played very well. Even though they gave up the ball several times, they kept their composure and didn't let SCC go on any extended runs. They moved it around very well in the half court and got a lot of open looks, especially in the second half, and they were knocking them down.

The only thing they really didn't do well was stop Porter, who was outstanding. It may take two more efforts like that for SCC to bring home the title. But odds are someone else is going to have to give him some scoring help. Daniel needs to stay out of foul trouble, and players not named Porter are going to have to convert their point blank attempts. They missed a bunch of those in the first half.

SCC's scrambling half court defense leaves plenty of openings, including on the perimeter, for teams that can take care of the ball. I assume Crane can shoot. They usually can.

I was really impressed with SCC's effort. If they fall short, it certainly won't be because of lack of fight.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 2:38 PM
  • The 6'5 center from Valle, Daniel Bergtholdt really impressed me.

-- Posted by jayrod on Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 3:10 PM

Indeed. Very good athlete with a nice stroke. Has a great feel for the game, too.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 4:17 PM
  • No problem Bleed.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 7:15 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: