@Hayti High School

500 N 4th St

Hayti, MO 63851

Registration begins 15 minutes before start time

2PM - 17U

4PM - 16U

6PM - 15U

$5 Registration Fee

Bring completed copy of Registration form to the Tryout. The Registration Form can be downloaded here: http://semobullsbasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/RegistrationBulls.pdf

www.semobullsbasketball.com

Trey Porter 573-281-0187

Tony Webb 573-712-3149

semobullsbasketball@gmail.com

https://twitter.com/semobulls

https://www.facebook.com/SemoBullsBasketball

Replies (27)

Anyone who's still playing in the state playoffs who's interested in trying out contact us and let us know. We will have workout/tryout opportunities for you after post season actions over.

-- Posted by semobulls on Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 10:33 AM

Who do you think are the top Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors in the area ? We've attempted to contact coaches and players to invite them, but we don't want to miss anyone, so please leave names so we can try to make sure they know about the tryout before Saturday. It is an OPEN tryout !!! All Players are welcome and encouraged to come tryout.

Thanks

-- Posted by semobulls on Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 10:38 AM
  • Carutherville had a good JV team and had a few good players

Malden had the Isom kid on Jv that was pretty good

Fred Thatch is a dog but I'm sure he's going to play with the team out of St. Louis

Chism from cape would be good as well

Javarcus Word would be a good choice.

Kobe Cooper at Hayti could probably make it as well

Good luck

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 10:49 AM

NMCC has 3 non seniors that have contributed major minutes and 1 that has been pulled up since district time who has also been valuable.

Sophomore Javarcus Word - I know he has played for the bulls in the past. Only Sophomore to be named class 3 district 1 all district.

Junior Chris Farr - Chris Farr wins my NMCC most improved player award. He started out the year on JV, and played a couple of varsity minutes here in there. Towards the end of the year and in districts he has really been a spark off the bench and plays just about as many minutes as anyone. Probably the prettiest jump shot on the team and a real smart and coachable kid. He'll do anything you tell him too with a great attitude.

Junior Deondre Jenkins - The younger brother of Dontre Jenkins has really provided a big post presence for us. He's a hard worker and is really defining some post moves and great rebounder. Also a good kid who will be real coachable.

Sophomore Palmer Campbell - he has been moved up during districts and beyond. He provides another ball handler and is a good shooter. He has just been effected by a senior heavy team, but next year I think he will have a big impact on varsity.

Sophomore Ronnie RJ King - I think RJ has played for the Bulls in the past. I would like for him to stay involved and work on his game and develop some more. He could be a great wing type player. He's just another guy that has had to wait his time because of all the seniors.

Junior Tyrone Alston - Caruthersville

Freshman Fred Thatch - Sikeston - Not real familiar with how the ages break down or how old Fred is. Also like SE said he may play for someone else, but can't hurt to approach him and ask, it's a definite no if you never ask.

Junior Kyle Moore - Senath-Hornersville

Yeah Chism from Cape, and Cape has a freshman that is getting some varsity time too and may be a good up and coming player. Maybe someone can help me out with his name. I'm pretty sure Austin was in first name.

Jackson has a good big freshman, Cameron Hester, around the 6'7 range.

Dominique Dyes - Sikeston - Played for the Bulls previously I believe.

Malden the younger Ison - Trevor I believe

Hayti the younger Presberry, Brendon.

Looks like Notre Dame has a good sophomore in Blake Bauwens. Any sophomore who is getting playing time on that team has to be pretty good.

Al Young Junior Cape - may want to focus on football, but is a good basketball player and another that I guess it couldn't hurt to ask.

Junior Ethan Flowers - Dexter

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 2:03 PM
  • Freshman- Cameron Hester- Jackson, Of course Thatcha but he's probably playing in STL-Sikeston, Aubrey Carter-Cape, Austin Parker- Cape, Jeremy Tucker-Charleston, Mardareyon Clark-Charleston, Levi Woods-Puxico, and I Believe Kobe Cooper is a freshman as well... Sophomores Javarcus Word-NMCC, Blake Bauwens-Notre Dame, Chism-Cape, Jason Jarrell- Dexter, many more sophomores I can't think of... Juniors, Al Young-Cape, Tyrone Alston-Caruthersville, Kyle Moore-Senath, those are the best I can think of off the top of my head, hope you can contact them all.

-- Posted by Semofanatic on Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 6:00 PM
  • Jad Kinney, Kennett 6'4" sophomore still growing and improving.

-- Posted by attitude and effort on Tue, Mar 10, 2015, at 8:57 AM

Are there any players from the big schools that had freshman teams that are good? I know some of those kids have to wait there turn at schools and never are given the opportunity to play on the JV or Varsity as Freshman.

-- Posted by semobulls on Tue, Mar 10, 2015, at 1:04 PM
  • Jackson is loaded with freshman if you're looking at your younger team. Cape has some also.

-- Posted by Indian town on Tue, Mar 10, 2015, at 2:58 PM

Indian Town, send them our way if you know them.

-- Posted by semobulls on Wed, Mar 11, 2015, at 10:46 AM
  • It will be a second tryout for the players from teams who made state runs in the upcoming weeks or anyone who missed the first one. The location and date is still TBA.

-- Posted by coachporterjp3 on Sun, Mar 15, 2015, at 6:53 AM
  • Coach,

A kid that will be a freshman next year and can play Is the East Prairie point guard Tipler

-- Posted by playmaker on Sun, Mar 15, 2015, at 11:20 AM
  • Indian town is right jackson is loaded with freshmen. I saw them play a few times this year and all around good team. Cape also has some nice freshmen and very good team.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Sun, Mar 15, 2015, at 3:23 PM
  • Are the teams set for the bulls?

-- Posted by lhs06 on Sun, Mar 15, 2015, at 4:07 PM
  • Working on second tryout location now trying to get a gym up north

-- Posted by coachporterjp3 on Sun, Mar 15, 2015, at 9:52 PM

We will be holding our second tryout this Wednesday at 6PM. If you missed the first tryout please contact Coach Porter at 573-281-0187 for all the information regarding the second tryout. This tryout is designed to take a second look at the players who were selected from the first tryout and to give players who missed the first one who still was making state playoff runs.

-- Posted by semobulls on Tue, Mar 17, 2015, at 7:07 AM
  • When will the rosters be released for the Bulls high school teams?

-- Posted by leftyjay on Thu, Mar 19, 2015, at 2:14 PM
  • From Dexter, sophomore Jason Jarrell, 6'4" freshman Gabe Jackson, and junior Ethan Flowers.

From Senath-Hornersville, 6'6" junior Austin Autry and junior Kyle Moore.

From Bloomfield, 6'4" junior Noah Vandiver, sophomore Alex Gibbs, and freshman Peyton Bell.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Mar 19, 2015, at 2:35 PM
  • From Kennett, juniors Jad Kenney and Andre Oliver are great athletes, both around 6'3" I think.

From Southern Reynolds, sophomore Marshon Morissey is a kid you really need to look at. I think he'll be one of the top 5 players in Semo next season.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Mar 19, 2015, at 2:38 PM
  • Imagine a SEMO Bulls 17U team with this roster (in no certain order):

1. Fred Thatch, Jr. (Sikeston).

2. Dominque Dyes (Sikeston).

3. Tennerious Ewing (Charleston).

4. Blake Bauwens (Notre Dame).

5. Austin Autry (Senath-Hornersville).

6. Kyle Moore (Senath-Hornersville).

7. Cameron Hester (Jackson).

8. Marshon Morissey (Southern Reynolds).

9. Noah Vandiver (Bloomfield).

10. Andre Oliver (Kennett).

11. Javarcus Word (NMCC).

12. Ethan Flowers (Dexter).

13. Al Young (Cape Central).

14. Tyrone Alstun (Caruthersville).

15. Mardaryeon Clark (Charleston).

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Mar 19, 2015, at 2:50 PM

SEMO Bulls 15U

SEMO BULLS 15U

Ian Torrey - Portageville

Kobe Cooper - Hayti

Ke'Sean Griffin - Charleston

Don Larry - Sikeston

Clay Mullins - East Carter

Aubrey Carter - Cape Central

Levi Woods - Puxico

Klay Barton - Doniphan

Pete Lake - Jackson

DeMarcus "Harky" Sharp - Charleston

Cooper Callis - Jackson

12. - pending

-- Posted by semobulls on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 7:00 AM

SEMO BULLS 16U

Javarcus Word - NMCC

Marshon Morrissey - Ellington

Jad Kenny - Kennett

Emanuel White - Clarkton

Wes Sharp - Ellington

Kedron Rollings - Hayti

Lucas Moe - Doniphan

Mike Smith - South Pemiscot

LaMonte Bell - Caruthersville

10. Pending

11. Pending

12. Pending

-- Posted by semobulls on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 9:58 AM

The decision on SEMO Bulls 17U team or if we will have a 17U team is pending we will know something hopefully by Sunday.

-- Posted by semobulls on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 10:01 AM
  • Who Is Thatch Playing for. He would be a good fit for Semo bulls.

-- Posted by therealfan on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 1:31 PM
  • Not only Thatch but Hester and some of the other kids listed above. I hope the Bulls can get some of them.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 1:38 PM
  • Fred is playing for the Eagles out of St Louis

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 5:51 PM
  • Is there a 17u team?

-- Posted by highschoolfan on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 11:20 AM

No 17U this season, after this year we will have 13U,14U,15U,16U,and 17U.. This year we are just doing the younger groups.

-- Posted by semobulls on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 1:55 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: