Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: UNOFFICIAL Small School's Top 10 Poll - 2/2/14

Posted by Uncle Charlie on Mon, Feb 3, 2014, at 5:53 PM:

Welcome back everybody for a new week into our season that keeps getting shorter with every passing day. This week's poll most would like to say is a blueprint of last week's poll with the exception of a few bubble teams. I tried to analyze the poll this week longer than usual in hopes that something would click in my head to help rearrange the teams, but after an hour of doing so, nothing. Therefore, this week's poll will not be as in depth as last week's but nonetheless will provide the reader with a basis on how each team is doing:

1. SCC - Wins against Cairo and Chaffee this week.

2. Bernie - Wins against Richland, Puxico, and Woodland to claim the SCAA tournament championship this week.

3. Hayti - Wins against Neelyville, Cooter, and East Prarie this week.

4. South Pemiscot - One loss to NMCC. One win to Neelyville to go .500 on the week.

5. Oran - 3 wins to Risco, Oak Ridge, and Leopold this week.

6. Leopold - One win to Chaffee early in the week, and a loss to Oran on Friday.

7. Chaffee - Two losses to Leopold and SCC this week.

8. Advance - Two wins to Bell City and Puxico with a loss to Woodland on the week, to finish 3rd in the SCAA tournament.

9. Clarkton - One win to Cooter and a loss to Meridian on Saturday for the week.

10. Oak Ridge - One early loss to Oran and a win to Kelly later in the week.

BUBBLE: Holcomb, Risco, Puxico

Replies (6)

• Brandon Bixler for Risco is a beast .

-- Posted by Mike Cox on Mon, Feb 3, 2014, at 6:06 PM
  • Uc just wondering how can you have Leopold at #6 and them ranked in top 10 in state, when they have only beaten one team with a winning record?

-- Posted by Hatershate on Mon, Feb 3, 2014, at 9:01 PM
  • Hatershate, I don't understand your comment. The first part looks like you are criticizing Unc for not having them too low. But the last part looks like you are complaining that Leopold is too high. I'm sure its just me, but do you think Unc has them too high or too low? Personally, I think he has them just right at #6.

Another good job Unc. I think I would put Risco at #10 as they have won 4 out of 5 games recently, including victories over Holcomb, Gideon, Southland, and Puxico with a loss to Oran. Risco is 10-8 and OR is 11-10. But it's certainly a debatable point.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Feb 3, 2014, at 11:31 PM
  • @Hatershate For one I don't have Leopold ranked top 10 in the state. Secondly, Leopold also hasn't lost to one team below them in my poll, including wins to against the #7, #8, and #10 teams in my poll.

Good point PMF but Risco lost to Holcomb on Saturday so it was very hard for me to do.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Feb 4, 2014, at 12:24 AM
  • I don't think so Unc. Risco played Puxico on Saturday and won 78-74. They also beat Holcomb the last time they played them though they have split their two games this season.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Feb 4, 2014, at 12:32 AM
  • I meant to put Risco beat Puxico, just like it's reflected in my poll, my apologies. Thanks for your mediation toward my poll and every other poll on Semoball.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Feb 4, 2014, at 8:48 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: