Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Couldn't resist starting this thread...

Posted by Cully Bryant on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 5:37 PM:

but imagine if all of the kids that went to SCC and Sikeston went to the same school. Can you even begin to fathom the basketball team that school would produce year in and year out? Imagine last year's SCC team with Michael Porter! Granted, they won it all, but it would have been an even more impressive team to see. Or add Otto and Bobby to Sikeston's team this year. And it's not just limited to the kids I mentioned. Both teams are almost always plenty deep and very good. In some ways, it's a shame that two schools just about ten miles apart can't join forces into one unstoppable roundball juggernaut!

Replies (8)

• I'll go one further....how about throwing Charleston into that mix as well. Lot of talent in a small area.

-- Posted by Crash Davis on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 8:33 PM
  • Last year the team would have been nationally ranked.

Starters

Bobby

Drew

Juqualin

Bubba

Mike

Bench

Eli

Niquavious

Dez

Randy

Darryle

-- Posted by kingjames on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 8:36 PM
  • I don't think it would even be fair to all the other area schools. It's scary to think how many state championships the Sikeston/SCC hybrid would have won in the last few years or how many undefeated seasons.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 10:41 PM

(hmmmmm) That sounds like a "regional" high school. What a concept. ;)

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 7:44 AM
  • I've always kind of wondered the same thing. What if Scott County had a true county school such as NMCC? Or at worst, as football monkey mentioned, what if SCC closed its doors and had to consolidate with Sikeston? Yes, you would definitely have a state powerhouse every single year.

Larry Doby brings up an interesting point about "regional" high schools. NMCC draws from the entire county of New Madrid. That's quite a range. I remember not that long ago the NMCC superintendent tried to get the students that lived within Sikeston city limits that lied in New Madrid County to go to school at NMCC. He didn't win that battle. Anyway what if all counties in Southeast Missouri consolidated schools? Which county would produce the best basketball teams?

Scott County - Sikeston, SCC, Scott City, Kelly, Oran, Chaffee

New Madrid - NMCC, Risco, Portageville, Gideon?

Cape County - Cape Central, ND, Jackson, Oak Ridge?

Mississippi - Charleston, East Prairie

Butler - Poplar Bluff, Twin Rivers, Greenville

Stoddard - Dexter, Richland, Bernie, Advance, Bloomfield, Puxico, Bell City

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 8:19 AM

Scott

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 9:00 AM
  • I think New Madrid and Cape county would both have an great team and would battle it out for second but the Scott County team would be by far the best team.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 10:00 AM
  • I left out Pemiscot and Dunklin Counties. There's some good basketball in the deep bootheel as well.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 10:02 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: