Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: BJ Smith in real trouble

Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, May 1, 2013, at 6:17 AM:

BJ Smith has been arrested on federal conspriracy charges for alleged involvement in a multi-state car theft ring. Reported on KSDK website.

Replies (6)

• I read the case, he is being used as a witness it appears. He bought and sold some cars from one of the people involved, but wasn't aware they were stolen, and looks like yesterday pleaded not guilty in a hearing. I can't imagine him being involved

-- Posted by Legal Eagle Eye on Wed, May 1, 2013, at 8:36 AM
  • I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was involved. That guy scammed everyone in this area into giving him money to tell them their kid was good at basketball. I'm just glad he moved on...

-- Posted by lseed on Wed, May 1, 2013, at 11:24 AM

Legal Eagle Eye- is it normal to charge a "witness" with 7 federal counts? If so, hope I'm never a witness.

http://www.newspressnow.com/sports/college/area_colleges/article_a8910a68-076b-5...

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Wed, May 1, 2013, at 12:50 PM
  • Smith was "slimy" when he was around here, looks like his behavior has continued. Too bad, he can obviously coach and recruit, but at what price?

-- Posted by semo ref on Wed, May 1, 2013, at 1:37 PM
  • 7 counts? Read the case file, not an article written by a journalist. Also, the articles is a broad statement that says "defendant's were charged with" as in plural, a summary of all charges, against all the defendants.

Great comment about the paying him to tell you that your kid was good at basketball. I mean cmon, who says that, and better yet, who admits that they paid for good comments about their child. Haha. That's pretty funny in so many ways.

-- Posted by Legal Eagle Eye on Mon, May 6, 2013, at 8:27 AM
  • What's the latest with him?

-- Posted by David Ash on Sat, May 11, 2013, at 9:21 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: