Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: AYE DEXTER GIRLS.....HOLD YOUR HEADS UP HIGH

Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 11:41 AM:

I'm proud of yall, just know that you lost to a great team! Who knows, this Dexter Lady Bearcat program could be the national ranked team one day.

Replies (33)

Well said Lu. Well said.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 12:03 PM
  • Thanks LU.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 1:26 PM
  • Games about to tip-off. Smithville had a tough loss yesterday in the semi's to Webb City losing by 2 points. Hopefully Dexter can win the 3rd place game today. Will be interesting to see how they respond to the drubbing IWA gave them yesterday.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 1:47 PM
  • 3 early Dexter turnovers and Smithville out to a quick 5-0. Time-out Dexter.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 1:51 PM
  • Dexter trims the lead to 8-6. Harris with all 6 of Dexter's points.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 1:55 PM
  • Smithville 12, Dexter 8, end of the 1st qtr. Brittney Harris has scored all of the Lady 'Cats points so far. We need someone else to step up and score. Great defense by Smithville so far.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 2:03 PM
  • Smithville 16, Dexter 10. Time-out Dexter with 6:11 left in the half.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 2:07 PM
  • The Lady 'Cats still look shell-shocked from last night's game. 10 turnovers so far from Dexter.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 2:11 PM
  • Waldner with an old-fashioned 3, cuts the lead to 22-18 Smithville. 1:00 left in the half.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 2:20 PM
  • Smithville 24, Dexter 18 at the half. 15 turnovers for the Lady 'Cats, but they definitely woke up toward the end of the half and finished strong. They're winning the battle on the boards and Smithville is in some foul trouble. If Dexter comes out strong in the 2nd half, they can win this game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 2:24 PM
  • Smithville 41, Dexter 23, end of the 3rd qtr. Just an awful third quarter by the Lady Cats. Gotta credit Smithville's tough defense for that. Also Brittany Harris has 4 fouls. Come on, Dexter, you are better than this!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 2:49 PM
  • Smithville wins 54-35 over Dexter to win the 3rd place game. Hats off to Smithville, they just out-hustled and out-played us. It seemed clear to me that our girls did not recover emotionally from last night's blow-out loss to Incarnate Word. But still a great season for the Dexter Lady Bearcats.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 3:08 PM

Its always hard getting beaten like the Lady Cats got beaten last night. To be the top of the pecking order in your region and then getting mauled like that will leave one shocked.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 3:14 PM

4th place is still good. Good job ladies.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 3:14 PM
  • We agree again Jolly.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 3:19 PM

Congrats to the Dexter ladies on another great season! It has been a lot of fun as a Sikeston fan to have you all as compadres in playoff runs over the past few years and hopefully we can do it again next year.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 3:22 PM

See Preach, not all of posts are cynical.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 3:32 PM
  • Agreed, sideline! I have loved our #RedAndBlackToComo run this year and years past. I look forward to it next year....hopefully. Great year! Keep your heads held high!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 4:09 PM
  • It was clear to me that Dexter just wasn't quite on par with the competition this weekend. In both games they really struggled scoring against the defense played against them. Girls basketball is SEMO is not quite at the level as other areas of the state. Nevertheless they had a wonderful season. I'd take 4th in the state every year.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 6:41 PM
  • Great job Lady Bearcats,that trophy will look good in that trophy case. It's better to make it to state than not make it. Now the rest of the state know who to look out for next year.

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 7:37 PM
  • I think had we played in the other bracket you would've seen a different Dexter team. Clearly they were intimidated by Incarnate Word. Nobody had beaten them that badly this season and, as I said above, I don't think they recovered from it emotionally today. Also, the injury to Allison Jarrell, our best three-point shooter, really made this team one-dimensional in the play-offs. They became way too dependent on Brittany Harris.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 7:39 PM
  • I disagree somewhat. Kids are way more resilient then we give them credit for. They just got beat today. I do think Jarrell would have possibly made a difference today providing that potential second scorer.

LIke I said before, no shame in taking 4th. People would take that every year.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 8:30 PM

They didn't seem to rattled by it in my opinion preach. Take it from me when you get rolled by somebody who is clearly way more talented than you, you just realize that there wasn't even a chance and you move on to the next one

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 9:19 PM
  • I have to agree with Preach here, you get to state tourney you are already nervous and you get incarnate word, thats not good for your anxiety for sure, that team is really good.

-- Posted by stlscott on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 9:25 PM
  • Guys, that was just not the same Dexter team today I've been watching all season. Granted that Smithville was a very good team, they were not 19 points better than Dexter. I don't know any other way to explain it other than the explanation I gave above.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 9:37 PM
  • Great Teams at State have ways of making other really good teams look bad.

Incarnate Word would have won state in Classes 1,2,3,4 or 5.

Incarnate Word players have most likely been playing together since grade school and the players came from towns all over St. Louis and Illinois.

Very, Very hard to compete against that. I believe Smithville was 2nd in State last year. Very Good team, as well.

Be Proud. You are an excellent team!

-- Posted by UFO on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 1:31 PM
  • Dexter has played some very good competition this year. Played #2 class 5 St.Joseph's Acadamy to 5 points, beat #2 in class 5 in Arkansas Paragould by 5, played Republic to a five point game. Very proud of these girls. I think Preach is right, kind of got down some after the big loss. Great season 'Cats!!

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 2:42 PM
  • Smithville beat dexter by 19 but they were not 19 points better than dexter. That really is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

-- Posted by caniplay on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 6:21 PM
  • Surely you can't be serious. Dumbest thing you've ever read? Have you never read anything a democrat in Congress has said?

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 7:37 PM
  • Could've left the Democrat part out if you were looking for an accurate assessment. "Congress" was sufficient.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:34 PM
  • We're u at the game, caniplay?

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 10:39 PM
  • 4th in state is outstanding. No reason to come up with Excuses for any losses.

Good teams learn from losses and become better.

-- Posted by UFO on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 11:46 PM
  • The future looks bright in Dexter.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 11:51 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: