Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Bulldog Classic Basketball Tournament

Posted by drawmules on Sat, Nov 21, 2009, at 1:47 PM:

Seedings for the Bulldog Classic have been released.

Monday, Nov. 30

1. Caruthersville vs. 8. Senath-Hornersville, 5:30 p.m.

4. Clarkton vs. 5. Gideon, 8:30 p.m.

Tuesday, Dec. 1

2. Gosnell, Ark. vs. 7. South Pemiscot, 5:30 p.m.

3. Hayti vs. 6. North Pemiscot, 8:30 p.m.

The championship games will be played on Saturday, Dec. 5. One website is reporting the tournament is at South Pemiscot. I believe this is an inaccurate report. I am confident the tournament is at Gideon. The tournament has alternated between Gideon, Senath and South Pemiscot in the past. Can anyone clarify? The Gideon school website says the tournament is at Gideon.

Any thoughts on the tournament? If you like basketball you have to be happy to see Heeb coaching at a big program again. He is one of the best coaches in Southeast Missouri.

Replies (4)

• Since when is Caruthersville a "Big" program? I dont recall them having a winning season since 2004. They have a program built on bad attitude and poor sportsmanship,Heeb should fit right in with that bunch. My only other question is where will he recruit from? Maybe Dyersburg Tn? The only positive thing out of this whole situation is that Heeb will get to travel north to Portageville to recieve a coaching clinic from Bidewell every year until he realizes there is no room in Semo basketball for an accused cheater.

-- Posted by Bootheel Baller on Sun, Nov 22, 2009, at 9:16 AM
  • That's an interesting thought about the upcoming tournament Bootheel Baller. It sounds like your really excited Caruthersville is seeded first this season. The only thing I will say is Caruthersville is on their way to becoming a big program again. Trust me my friend. Heeb will win games at Caruthersville.

-- Posted by drawmules on Sun, Nov 22, 2009, at 12:27 PM
  • In my opinion, this is the best opening season tournament in Southeast Missouri next week. I love Caruthersville, Hayti and Gosnell. Which team is the best? We also get to see one of the biggest rivalries in Southeast Missouri when Gideon plays Clarkton in the first round. Who will win game 1 between Gideon and Clarkton this season?

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Nov 25, 2009, at 8:11 PM
  • What happen at Gideon? Who is in the finals on Saturday?

-- Posted by drawmules on Sat, Dec 5, 2009, at 12:58 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: