Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: BA Promotions All Star Game

Posted by Swish on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 3:46 PM:

Replies (31)

Congrats to Haney, McGlosson, and Thatch for making the all-star team! I'd have to pick Team A in this one.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 3:50 PM
  • is this for seniors only? looks like it will be an interesting match-up

-- Posted by lebron_durant on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 4:04 PM

Yes, seniors only. I believe they have a small schools game as well, or they have in the past.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 4:11 PM
  • -- Posted by sm0723 on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 4:12 PM
  • In the small schools game, I don't understand why they put Richard Forshee and Jamie Massey on the same team. Talk about a height advantage in the paint!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 4:33 PM
  • Mark Gargac is on that team too Preach. He is 6'7"-6'8"

-- Posted by sm0723 on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 4:34 PM

and Newbill!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 4:39 PM
  • Think Team B in the big schools game will just start all five Charleston kids? Lol. I gotta disagree with you on this one Buck. I'll go with Team B in this game.

Also, I know you can't include everyone, but Seth Harris of South Pem really should have been invited to the small schools game. He is a senior isn't he?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 4:40 PM
  • Yeah, I was surprised to not see Seth's name listed as well.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 4:45 PM
  • smo723, Harris's ommision is even more curious because South Pem's coach is helping with Team A!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 5:05 PM
  • What a complete joke. Talked to several area coaches and they didn't even get to vote. Never heard from BA. I would think if they're trying to drum up business as well as help these kids, the process would be run better

-- Posted by theglove on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 6:11 PM
  • Preach,

The coaches that are coaching in the game have a little draft. So i guess you could say its the other coaches fault for not getting any of those big men.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 7:24 PM

Yeah I know I don't normally give a lot of praise to sikeston, but I'm not sure how charleston got 5 and sikeston has 2. But if they do that draft thing, I guess that makes since considering team B's coach.

I'll also go with Haney in the dunk contest, man he can jump out of the gym!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 8:50 PM
  • Everybody knows I'm a Holcomb fan, but I believe it is a fair statement to say that having Rinehart from North Pemiscot in over Glover from Holcomb is a crime. Glover averaged double digits in points as well as near double digits in rebounds, on a much better team.

-- Posted by bleacherking on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 8:58 PM
  • bleacherking, I was curious about Glover not being on either team as well.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 10:18 PM
  • Terry, I didn't know the teams were chosen by a draft. That makes some of the choices even more surprising!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Mar 13, 2013, at 11:23 PM
  • I was just wondering how the players were picked.

-- Posted by Girls Basketball on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 2:09 AM

Have to be Seniors, Buck...that's how Sikeston only had two.

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 6:28 AM
  • Cord or Kyland needs to be on there from Sikeston they are seniors, they may not be good on offense but they are really good on defense

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 6:57 AM
  • Wow, it is nice to see that C'water got some nods this year! Congrats to Coach Bell and Ethan Roach, a nice capper to a great year! Go Tigers!!!

-- Posted by tooldogging on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 7:47 AM

Yes I was referring to Cord and Kyland, I thought they could have been on the team.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 7:53 AM

Also Harris. I thought he really improved this year. (And his hair got more awesomer)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 7:56 AM

Nevermind that Jarius with the cool hair :(

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 8:06 AM

I'm not going to single players out negatively, I just don't want to do that. But I could find 2. A team is comprised of individual members, and one that looks like it is about to win state, you would think would have more than 2. I also believe this game is sometimes about pleasing schools and not neccessarily the best players. But then again you have schools with 5 players.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 10:55 AM

Noticed that Michael Hull was on the team; guess that means his foot will be healed enough to allow him to play. Sort of surprised me.

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 11:48 AM
  • Really Dean but Charleston can have 5? Last year Kilron got MVP and won the 3 point contest I guess your right he didn't deserve to be there.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 12:52 PM
  • Nothing against Charleston just proving a point

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 12:53 PM

Oh no I wasn't saying you did at all Dean. I was just saying I wasn't going to name anyone specifically to be taken out haha. I hope I can make it to this game!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 2:21 PM
  • I'm ok with the teams I'm just a homer and a big fan of those 2 guys so that's why I wondered why they weren't in it and they don't score much but they are good on defense is the only reason I said their names.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 2:46 PM
  • It's really a shame that these things are all about scoring. A kid like Bernie's point guard Landon Woods should be in this game. He was their best ball handler, best passer, and one of the better defending guards around. Not many at any position gave a better effort on defense than he did. He was also on a really good team.

-- Posted by paulm on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 5:13 PM
  • That is definitely agreed about Landon Woods. If you took him off this years Bernie team they would have been in major trouble. He was the true definition of a point guard. Made the players around him better.

-- Posted by bleacherking on Thu, Mar 14, 2013, at 9:47 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: