Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: CHARLESTON BLUEJAYS

Posted by BLUEjayMANdude on Mon, Jan 21, 2013, at 5:01 PM:

Charlesron has a good gaurd RYAN a pure scorer MICHAEL HULL a inside beast DARRION CARTER a rebounder and sometimes hype man dunker Sumner FOSTER and a well rounded forward TREY WATKINS with a sensational bench . What do you guys think of them?

Replies (53)

• they will never make it to the final four

-- Posted by lastride67 on Mon, Jan 21, 2013, at 5:14 PM
  • Great team, think they have as good of a chance to win state as any class 3 team

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Mon, Jan 21, 2013, at 5:20 PM
  • Charleston has a basketball team? Who knew?! Wonder if they've won any state championships?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 21, 2013, at 6:02 PM
  • That is what I think about a lot of teams - they won't make it to the final four.

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Jan 21, 2013, at 6:06 PM
  • Who cares?

-- Posted by Brownbomber on Mon, Jan 21, 2013, at 8:59 PM
  • I'm with Brownbomber!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Jan 21, 2013, at 9:34 PM
  • Jays have gotten better..they are more balanced now, Farmer knows the adjustment needed in certain situations..it took til mid season to figure it out, and things are seeming to fall into place... Parham is now playing like he oldself again, which is great..Foster and. Carter looking good on the inside, able to defend bigger opponents...Defense- Delfinko, Robert & Parham can apply that pressure and make u turnover the ball, when in the game at same time..I seen a lot different things that coach Farmer did that improved the team

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Mon, Jan 21, 2013, at 10:05 PM
  • Everyone knows they are good.

What kind of reaffirmation are you looking for?

-- Posted by JacksonTF-1000 on Mon, Jan 21, 2013, at 11:23 PM
  • Oh. I forgot?!?!?!?!?

The 31st is looming large.

-- Posted by JacksonTF-1000 on Mon, Jan 21, 2013, at 11:28 PM
  • The 31st is looming but the remainder of the schedule could be interesting. @C'ville, @Kennett, @Jackson, @Cape. Bluff, Doniphan and Portageville at home. Some good tests coming up.

-- Posted by Swish on Tue, Jan 22, 2013, at 10:51 AM

Got my tickets yesterday! I bet nobody beats me getting in line on the 31st.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 10:02 AM
  • Sikeston definitely not hitting on all cylinders right now but playing well enough to win. I fear that wont cut it next thursday nite. Gotta start playing better half court offense. Jays appear to be rolling right now, hope its not a long nite for dawg fans next week!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 10:14 AM
  • U shoulda gotten reserved seats buck! No standing in line!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 10:15 AM

I gotta admit, Charleston is looking pretty good right now and it will take a very good team to beat them. I was totally wrong at the beginning of the season when I said I didn't think they were that deep. They are!!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 10:29 AM

Haha I know man, I just couldn't decide which side! So now I'll try and get there early and get in first row of the GA tickets.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 10:59 AM
  • The jays are looking alot better as of late. The turnover problem is getting a little better, but i'm still concerned with rebounding. The little things like boxing out, limiting teams to one shot, and hitting the deck for loose balls matter alot. If our Bluejays stay focused on their goal and continue to work hard they will be fine.

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 11:14 AM

I saw them play at the beginning of the season. I didn't think the bench looked that impressive to start the season. I guess they got everyone on the same page and they are playing more together as a team than individuals.

As far as the game last night goes. Our guards did great against Charleston's defense. Jamal Johnson had 23 points and Steve had around 20. We just didn't have anyone else step up. Not having Monroe really hurts our rebounding and we are missing 20-30 points a night. I think even with Monroe, we would have lost last night though. Charleston just has relentless pressure on defense. Another thing, Farmer made great adjustments midway through the 2nd Q and that started the rout. We was definitely at a disadvantage in the coaching aspect last night.

I think what makes this Charleston team good is they play as a team and when they have to sub, there isn't much of a drop off on talent. Farmer must be really good at developing talent because they looked much better last night than when they did earlier in the year. Both Bogans are going to be solid players next year. I also liked the way #40 plays. He hustles the whole time he's in. Delfinko will be very good for years to come as well.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 11:24 AM

@BROWNBOMBER & SEMO7178......yall care because yall took the time to post ....tististis

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 11:43 AM

CHARLESTON-78

SIKESTON-59

We are looking like title contenders, but we need a little more polishing.

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 11:55 AM
  • Cheesehead...ur right!! Jays look like a different team, just like I said in earlier post above..Carter & Foster are getting more touches.. The defense is looking outstanding!! Charleston is playing with confidence, I wouldn't be surprised if the jays do win by double digits . I doubt if Charleston will have a bad quarter like they did the first match again sikeston..My opinion Ruffin will give up his point gaurd duties on the 31st..Robert Bogan will hound him to where he will call for help..we seen that in the last quarter when bogan was assigned to him, but it was a little to late..Everyone on Charleston will be contributing for the rest of the season ..I say Jays 74 Bulldogs 61

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 1:56 AM

I think playing at SEMO will play in the Jays favor. If Sikeston can beat us by 10, then surely we can beat them by 19.

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 8:38 AM
  • Bockmajor, you s thinks i coulde hatch a ride with you Bucko? and just whot are you talkin bout big poopi? th e jaybyrds will have trounbles with sikeston on that nite Bucko.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 8:44 AM

Bearcat that would make my year if you rode with me to the game haha!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 9:29 AM
  • BuckMajor, if he rides with you, then you could finally answer the age old burning question of how many teeth does bearcat1forall actually have.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 10:49 AM

Well I have a 12 passenger van, I just say we all go haha! I just want to know if when I meet him, does he actually talk like "now jus whot do thinks of this siskton- chaston game bucko"?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 10:56 AM
  • BockMajor just holds your horsies Bucko. i mite get a little nervus in a van like that if it just is just whot you and i ridin in it. u aint gonna try to mugs me are ya bucko? wear to you wanna meet? u wanna goes rocketsblow?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 1:53 PM

I didn't say I was taking a van, just that I had one haha. Rocketsblow is more than welcome to come!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 2:58 PM

ALSO BLUE IS LIKE FAV COLOR & CTOWN HAS DEM BLUE ON BLUE UNI'S SO OBVIOUSLY JAYS 99 STOWN 16 AND CHARLESTON STATE TITLE IN CAKE WALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 10:47 AM
  • Big papi or Lu or any charelston fan, what kind of pt does tucker get this year in Colorado?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 12:05 PM
  • Yahoo sports says tucker 2.2pts and 10mins per game!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 12:34 PM

I'm not sure cirith meant any offense by just putting an exclamation point at the end of his comment. Calm down, papi.

I for one, respect any college athlete who sticks with it and makes it all the way until graduation, on any level. From personal experience, I know that college sports are akin to working a tough job on top of a normal load of college courses. Either way, you have a much better chance of being successful with your education. And, as a Sikeston fan, I was glad to see Tucker graduate after his clutch performances last season against my Dogs.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 12:56 PM
  • Just looked and Tucker played 20 minutes the other night and had 8 points. Think it was against Portland St. From the box scores, looks like his numbers are getting better.

-- Posted by gerardo on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 1:10 PM
  • Geez papi i was excited he was playing, thats all! I met his dad and brother last summer, very nice family!! I think its awesome he's playing!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 1:13 PM
  • Great respect for Mike Porter for making it even this far after all he's gone through. Most would have given up by now but Mike shows a lot of guts and heart by coming back each time. It's unfornuate, but injuries and accidents are part of it.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 1:47 PM
  • Who was blasting Tucker? Did that post get deleted?

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 1:48 PM
  • Is there something wrong with getting schooled by Tipler? He would school most people.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 1:50 PM
  • Papi thought i was dissin tucker with my exclamation point after his stats. Just a misunderstanding.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 1:53 PM

Did the K-town vs. C-town game get cancelled tonight?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 2:12 PM

Did the K-town vs. C-town game get cancelled tonight?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 2:12 PM
  • Papi gets confused sometimes. It happens. Not everybody is out to bash players that aren't from your hometown. The rest of the world supports players from our area and we all want Tucker to be successful. It brings prestige to all of the SEMO area. Who cares if they are from Charleston, Sikeston, Cooter, or Zalma?

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 2:21 PM

I like how they came back and Blasted CVILL tuesday 104-64 i think was the score. Way to get revenge from football boys. M.hull 22 S.foster 20 wow in 2 and a half quarters good job boys. I got to give it to cvill though they have lots of talent and shoot the ball very good.

-- Posted by BLUEjayMANdude on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 2:39 PM
  • Agreed semo, my favorite college player ever is ricky frazier. Ive never seen a guy jump so quick and just hang for ever at the top!! And it was cool to hear sikeston mentioned as otto's hometown on espn, although i didnt know he is from sikeston.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 2:50 PM
  • I found that odd as well. Although I heard Otto himself say in an interview with ESPN that he is from Sikeston, which of course we know is not the case. I guess they just associate the towns together since they are so close. I'm sure people from Miner tell outsiders that they are from Sikeston. Maybe even some from Morehouse.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:05 PM
  • My memory may be off but a couple years ago mazoo had a little rb named jimmy jackson and the radio announcer would always refer to him as "jimmy jackson from caruthersville"!! I thought that was cool! Hopefully i got that right!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:34 PM
  • Yes that was cool. He would say something like - Touchdown by the kid from caruthersville.

-- Posted by Swish on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:40 PM

If Monroe played in the game, it would have been much MUCH closer. Cville has no inside presence now. Teams just attack the rim against us now. Steve and Jamal had little trouble scoring on Charleston's man to man defense. We just don't have anyone else stepping up right now to share the load. In order to beat Charleston, it is going to take a total TEAM effort. One or two players can't get it done. Charleston brings in 5 fresh legs at any given time. Hard to compete with that.

Reminder, Cville blasted your JV as well, beating them by 25. If your JV is any indicator of your team's the next few years, Charleston will be in trouble. Caruthersville returns everyone next year besides Steve, throw in a VERY good JV, could be a sleeper next year.

Wish I was going to the Charleston/Sikeston game next week. It's going to be a heck of a game for sure.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 4:36 PM
  • Maybe Papi could challenge Cal to a dunk contest>>Im sure Cal would be the under dog to the great Papi...lol...

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 10:00 PM
  • that is even funnier....Cal could have won the 100m dash in state if he wanted to...he wanted to win all the jumps instead, which he did. Only 1 other person in history of Missouri ever did that(best of my knowledge)....lol Papi, you get yourself into situations you cannot win.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 9:43 AM
  • I think Big Papi is trying to compensate for something.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 9:51 AM
  • lol Cal has better things to do than beat a washed up has been that wasn't even as relevant as u boast to be.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sun, Jan 27, 2013, at 5:24 PM

One thing Monroe didn't play and he probably won't for the season you guys will be out of luck he isn't that good our guys aren't that good but he won't make it to any college if he keeps up what he's doing in the classroom

-- Posted by BLUEjayMANdude on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 10:13 AM
  • Papi...you got it all figured out.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 10:27 AM
  • What track/basketball college did u attend Papi? With all of your vast accomplishments on the court and your unmatched speed, I would assume that you were just showered with offers.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:13 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: