Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Top 5 games this year...so far!

Posted by PO526 on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 11:46 AM:

Before we have Sikeston/Charleston @ the Show Me center(Which is going to be a classic), I would like to know what your top 5 games this year are so far.

Here are mine:

1. Sikeston vs MRH - 2 high powered teams that showed unbelievable quickness and skill. Great atmosphere too.

2. Sikeston vs Charleston (Part 1) - It was battle the whole time. Nothing better then these two teams meeting early in December, and they didnt dissappoint.

3. Bernie vs Advance - Sam Turners 65 foot buzzer beater to beat Advance after Advance had come back from a 10 point 4th quarter deficit.

4. Cape Central vs. New Madrid (Part 2) - I wasnt there but i heard that it was a great game capped off by Willie Jimmerson hitting a half court shot to beat the Tigers.

5. Leopold vs. Notre Dame - This was the most exciting christmas tournament game. Stroder was on fire and led a great 4th quarter comback. They feel just short becasue of Cody Debrocks hot shooting as well

Replies (22)

• What about Bernie vs. Holcomb in OT for the Championship of the Campbell Invitational Tournament? Or Kennett vs. Holcomb in the finals of the BCT?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 11:49 AM
  • PO watch what you say about Stoder and his game against ND.. PatK may come out of nowhere and belittle you to no end.. It happened to me

The SCC Advance game in the OIT was an awesome game also

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 11:56 AM

Caruthersville vs South Pem. They went to 3 OT's

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 12:22 PM
  • Charleston Vs North Little Rock, Arkansas team in riverbend classic was clearly the best game this year. They had a 26th ranked prospect of 2015 and 7th in his position in KeVaughn Allen and another D1 Talent in Thomas Alexander. They team rank Number 1 In Arkansas and 15th in the nation. Charleston won in a close match game that ended 72-69 with Mike Hull hitting 28pts and Darrion Carter hitting 18pts.I say this was the best game in the southeast.

-- Posted by ballerd on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 2:35 PM
  • That Allen kid Isn't even rated by Espn or rivals, don't know where you got that info but it does shot scholarship offers from UCONN, Nebraska, and Arkansas

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 2:40 PM

I was at that game. NLR was missing a few players so they weren't at full strength. It was a great game though. Big win for Charleston. Their guard was the best guard I've seen this year.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 2:42 PM
  • -- Posted by ballerd on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 3:07 PM
  • Chaffee @ SC...SC wins in OT

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 3:40 PM
  • For the record, NLR was missing 1 player, i repeat 1 player, during that Charleston game. From the look of several box scores he averages playing 5-10 min per game. Maybe he would have been the difference maker but i'm just saying....

-- Posted by gerardo on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 3:55 PM

I thought I read somewhere that the football team made a deep playoff run and had a few players missing. I could be wrong though.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 4:30 PM
  • I thought NLR was the only team that didn't make a long playoff run that the other teams did. I could be wrong I kept hearing different stuff when I was ther. I know Covington didnt have all their players but that's the only one for sure I know

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 4:36 PM
  • My top games were NLR vs CHS, SHS vs CHS then SHS vs Maplewood.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 4:39 PM

NRL was still in their playoff run when Riverbend took took place. They lost the football game while Riverbend was going on. West Memphis was the team who's football playoff run ended the weekend before Riverbend. The other three were still playing football. The roster submitted by NRL shows three players that were not at Riverbend. So if those three players are not playing, I don't know, but the roster shows three that were missing.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 5:01 PM
  • Yeah, I agree with TFA. Them my top games also.

-- Posted by ballerd on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 5:11 PM
  • My point was simply that the players who were present at the riverbed are filling up 95% of the stats on games later in season... Not to say that the other 3 would not have had an impact. I personally believe nlr is head over heels the best team charleston has seen this season. I would assume that they have gotten much better as well since the beginning of the season.

-- Posted by gerardo on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 8:10 PM
  • Agree preach.

The BCT finals and/or the Campbell invitational finals have to be on here. BCT title game was one of the more compelling story lines you will ever find in this area, and the game certainly did not disappoint.

-- Posted by No sir on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 8:27 PM
  • Scc vs billings both where no 1 at the timE stown vs ctown. Advance vs leopold in the xmas tourny stown vs maplewood ctown vs nlr are mine

-- Posted by kmasters on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 9:14 PM
  • What about the rivalry Dexter vs Bernie dexter winning on last second shot at the mule barn!

-- Posted by JohnTucker14 on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 10:33 PM
  • No doubt the Nlr/Charleston game was the best game I have seen this year. NLR wins 8 out of ten times. Clearly the better team but they didnt win so that is all that matters. Caruthersville vs South Pem game that went into 3 ots was a dandy.

-- Posted by Missco on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 11:01 PM
  • not hating on anyone but didn't sikeston control the first game against charleston? if not I'm sorry but if they did I don't see why it would be so special even though the rivalry itself is awesome doesn't mean the game was.. Chaffee and Scott City football games aren't close most of the time whichever team wins by at least 2 scores

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 11:07 PM
  • Advance vs Oran game in the Christmas Tournament was a close well played game.

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Jan 16, 2013, at 7:05 PM
  • Caruthersville-South Pemiscot triple overtime game.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jan 16, 2013, at 7:15 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: